FE4 Translation Patch (Open Beta v7)

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 11:35 PM, Ghaga said:

Any updates? Btw is it possible to compress the rom to 4Mb like the original?

There have been no updates... Ever... I heard @DDS went quit from his romhacking job, probably depressed or something because there have been getting some dumb drama flashbacks regarding on Ganbare Goemon translation long ago. His Twitter account now empty filled with nothing (posts, retweets, likes, following, followers), same thing with his RHDN account where all his forum threads/post edited everything just dots (original topic from op now "File Not Found"), his community page is also everything gone (image and description).

I'm hoping that this translation project should be succeeded by someone else in future, someday even without him...

And it isn't possible to compress to 4mb due to script expansion maybe.

Edited by Hengki Kusuma Adi

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GeoOfAkaneia said:

Any update news on Project Naga? Curious to see if any bugs have been fixed out. I'm new here and to the FE fandom. Originally brought here from Melee back in 2001

None or otherwise dead(?), because DDSTranslation online presence now gone especially on Twitter where he deletes his own account, and bookofholsety went inactive since the last Twitter post on August 1st, 2020.

Maybe I can think if someone else pick this up then continue fixing till very end even without him anyway.

6 hours ago, DDS said:

The link to the Project Naga translation on the front page was tied to my Mediafire account, and when I deleted everything there last month, it also affected the download link. I undeleted it and checked to make sure the link is still valid, and it should work again. Sorry about that. I didn't realize that over 100,000 downloads had been made on it, so I guess it's still popular even though it never got officially released.

If bookofholsety returns, I may come back and update the project with him. But I have no motivation to do anything else with this project on my own.

Thank you for re-enabling the download! Turns out that, even to this day, this is still by far the best patch to play FE4, so that was definitely helpful.

As for bookofholsety , I've heard multiple reports from trusted sources that he is still working on the patch! If you need help getting back in touch with him, I can point you to said sources. I'm sure people would love to see this patch getting a fresh new coat of paint and the bugfixes that ended up being put aside, years ago.

Finally, would it be okay to contact you directly, either through DMs here, or on your own website/email? I'm part of a couple of groups attempting to translate FE4 into other languages (Spanish, French, specifically), and we'd like to know if it's okay to use as a base the ASM work you did for Projet Naga (with proper credit given, of course)? 🙂
(I could also use a bit of help on it, tbqh, but I'll understand if you're not interested in providing tech support. Either way, my DMs are open.)

Edited by Miacis

On 10/7/2021 at 2:08 PM, DDS said:

I haven't quit, and I'm not depressed. That's just speculation. You're even telling people on Twitter that I got PTSD or something, which is completely untrue. I'm still working on translating games with Tom, just not publicly any more. Twitter and Romhacking.net are not the entire world, I have my own website now.

I deleted everything because I'm done talking with people online, because people are always lying or untrustworthy. You had me blocked on Twitter right before I deleted that account. I remember you from the Wizardry Gaiden 4 translation, and you were asking for help with debugging some spell glitches and bugs, but I don't know what happened afterward.

The link to the Project Naga translation on the front page was tied to my Mediafire account, and when I deleted everything there last month, it also affected the download link. I undeleted it and checked to make sure the link is still valid, and it should work again. Sorry about that. I didn't realize that over 100,000 downloads had been made on it, so I guess it's still popular even though it never got officially released.

If bookofholsety returns, I may come back and update the project with him. But I have no motivation to do anything else with this project on my own.

Yeah, pardon me for my misunderstanding. Was thought quitting or doing some bad behavior, I temporarily blocked you on Twitter because you've been shadow-blocking or force-unfollowing people (including my private account) without warning, but otherwise glad you're back.

• 11 months later...
On 10/7/2021 at 10:37 AM, Miacis said:

Thank you for re-enabling the download! Turns out that, even to this day, this is still by far the best patch to play FE4, so that was definitely helpful.

As for bookofholsety , I've heard multiple reports from trusted sources that he is still working on the patch! If you need help getting back in touch with him, I can point you to said sources. I'm sure people would love to see this patch getting a fresh new coat of paint and the bugfixes that ended up being put aside, years ago.

Finally, would it be okay to contact you directly, either through DMs here, or on your own website/email? I'm part of a couple of groups attempting to translate FE4 into other languages (Spanish, French, specifically), and we'd like to know if it's okay to use as a base the ASM work you did for Projet Naga (with proper credit given, of course)? 🙂
(I could also use a bit of help on it, tbqh, but I'll understand if you're not interested in providing tech support. Either way, my DMs are open.)

Hi, were you able to get in touch with him and are you still working on translating FE4?

14 hours ago, Guidodi said:

Hi, were you able to get in touch with him and are you still working on translating FE4?

DDS has yet to answer my DM and, as you can probably see, deleted his last post soon after posting it. So I'm probably not getting an answer anytime soon.
As for BookOfHolsety, the one reply he's ever made to an inquiry about translating FE4 into other languages wasn't particularly helpful, or auspicious.

The Hairs of Light team and I are still working to bring FE4 to Spanish—and I intend to bring it to French, eventually—by our own means and without the two aforementioned users' input. If either of them has a change of heart and wishes to offer their help or express their concerns, they can certainly do it of their own initiative.

• 1 month later...

Contains spoiler!

Hello, I have recently finished the game with this translation patch. And at the end of the game there are some bugs.

Here is the list of the couples in th e game:

1. Generation

Ethlyn        Quan
Edain        Finn
Ayra        Jamke
Deridre        Sigurd
Raquesis    Azel
Silvia        Lex
Erin        Lewyn
Tailtiu        Claude
Bridged        Holyn

2. Generation

Larcei        Johalvier
Lana        Ulster
Fee        Arthur
Patty        Shanan
Tinni        Faval
Lene        Ares
Nanna        Leif
Julia        -
Altena        -

The first one is in the scene, after you beat Julius and seized Belhalla:

https://postimg.cc/sQqKqbjs

Here is no bug. After Faval speaks with Seliph his cousin Lester starts talking to Seliph.
Then after he talked with Seliph this happenes:

https://postimg.cc/6ywmcFYn

I don't know if this is a bug. But who is this man? He's surely not Sigurd. After that everything is normal until the next scene,

when you see the map of Jugdral:

https://postimg.cc/mcXPpxYD

up to this point everything is fine. But after the text scrolls a little bit further this happens:

https://postimg.cc/XrNNRH7y

As you can see the text starts looking weird. This goes on until the last scene is over.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

modedit: bazung the gone post quote

If you're on Android, there is the app Unipatcher for applying the patch, you can get it on the play store. You'll then need to get the unpatched rom and the patch file on your phone, where you can then select them for in the app. It does have instructions as well. I'm much less familiar with iOS, but there's someone who got FLIPS ported to it here, but judging by it being on a jailbreaking subreddit you would have to jailbreak the iPhone first.

Kinda surprised that Unipatcher is available without modifying the phone.

Edited by Integrity