Tips for FE4 A rank

AzimuthFE

Now that Prjoect Naga is in open beta I am considering playing through again and going for an A rank. I think that quite a few others will be replaying it too so it might be good to have a thread for such a difficult task.

Anyway, I notice that to achieve an A rank you have to beat the game in less than 400 turns and get more than 100,000 exp. How is possible to get all the terrible units up to snuff AND get the desired love pairings all within 400 turns? it just seems impossible.

Can anyone help?

Use the arena as much as possible.

Go for fast pairings.

Keep in mind I'm just pulling these out of my ass, as I've never tried a ranked run. But they make sense, no?

Edited by Matthewtheman

It's possible to pair most people and finish the game within 250 turns. The turn count isn't completely ungenerous. Not letting anyone die or losing a castle isn't impossible either.

The level requirement requires you on average to get everyone 20ish levels throughout the game. You have a bit of a buffer since some units like Sigurd, Celice and the sword twins are likely to hit 30, but then again, some units don't have twenty levels to grow and others generally find it difficult to get it. If you're really stuck, you can save the civilians for your weaker units, there's like four groups of about 5 civilians through both generations so you can get people up to speed.

Having Lex father Corple and Leen can help, since it means that Leen can cheese the arena with the Sleep Sword and get a lot of experience. Generally it's not possible to get your weenies to a decent level, it just involves swapping around items before chapters.

When fighting in the arena, trade a Slim Sword with +50 kills around. A lot of the weaker units make good use of it.

Also trade the Elite Ring around when foghting in the arena. Your units may need 40000 gold to buy it, but they gain up to 17500 gold (IIRC) through the arena fights and sell it for 20000 afterwards, so in reality, they won't lose that much gold.