How to edit growth rates? (FE: Fates)

Pichi-Hime

I wanna change a few character growth rates to be more balanced and useable. Examples are pretty much all of Gunter's stats, small boost to Subaki and Rinkah, etc.

But my problem is that I have no idea how to change/find them. Does anyone know how to edit them?

I wanna change a few character growth rates to be more balanced and useable. Examples are pretty much all of Gunter's stats, small boost to Subaki and Rinkah, etc.

But my problem is that I have no idea how to change/find them. Does anyone know how to edit them?

I asked Vincent about this a while back when I was setting up a 0%-growths playthrough. His response:

If you have Nightmare, try the Character Growth and Class Personal Growth modules in this zip file

These modules work on the GameData.bin.lz file. First, you need to cut the first 4 bytes using a hex editor, then decompress the file using Batch-LZ77. After you've made your changes, compress the modified file via Type 11 compression and paste the first 4 bytes back to the start.

EDIT: Also, you may want to use the Avatar Boon Bane module.

You'll need a way of installing Homebrew onto your 3DS to dump your game before you can make these edits. Check your system settings and confirm that you do NOT have firmware v. 11.x.x.x, because if you do, you'll have to wait a few weeks till an exploit is finished; all other firmware versions should be okay for running Homebrew.

What exactly is Nightmare? And where can I get it?

Also, thanks for the reply.

Nightmare is a program that can edit roms, isos, and other binary files directly, and is designed so that the user can load a "module" that was created by another user and easily edits some specifif aspect of the rom (such as charachter growth rates). It's a fantastically versitile piece of software as long as a module exists to do what you want, but it never really caught on outside of the FE comunity. It can be found here: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/610/ Pretty much every tool for editing simple things in any given FE game is a nightmare module.

Remove the first four bytes from the GameData.bin.lz file as mentioned earlier and decompress it. Go to File -> Open Rom and open GameData.bin.lz.decompressed. Once that has been opened, go to Modules -> Load Modules and open the module of your choice.