/r/fireemblem Popularity Poll Results

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is, what advertising I saw in NA leading up to release treated Corrin as a static (male) individual.

I think that definitely says something.

I don't self insert into Corn either, but it doesn't stop the game from treating them like one, what with the my room stuff all directly target player and shit. Advertising, too, tells the player that YOU are now the main character. Despite the lack of personality customization/choices beyond the one choice making them not great at functioning as a player insert, the intent is there.

Which is why I hate on MCorrin harder than FCorrin

Rather than blatant clones, they could've brought the original characters instead(or don't include them at all).

I think people just don't care with Yukimura, not hate. Instead of picking someone they hate, they just pick the one who's least interesting.

My headcanon is that Caeldori Asugi and Rhajat are reincarnations of the Awakening characters. But yeah they do seem like watered down versions, 'cause a huge part of Cordelia is her unrequited love for Chrom, and when you take that away.... she's not that interesting I guess.

That makes sense, Yukimura is likely the least used unit, so people don't care about him rather than actively hate him.

My headcanon is that Caeldori Asugi and Rhajat are reincarnations of the Awakening characters. But yeah they do seem like watered down versions, 'cause a huge part of Cordelia is her unrequited love for Chrom, and when you take that away.... she's not that interesting I guess.

That makes sense, Yukimura is likely the least used unit, so people don't care about him rather than actively hate him.

Seem mode like they pre life's while Gaius and the others are their reincarnations. I say that because Tharja clone says something about seeing herself in a desert.

Which is why I hate on MCorrin harder than FCorrin

Sorry about this double standard (for the love of everything holy, don't make what I'm about to say into an issue), but to me personally, FCorrin's ignorance of everything can be almost... acceptable (not growing out of it bothers me all the same). As for MCorrin, it just comes off as beta, but people would rather follow him because plot demands it.

If I ever play a male character in an RPG that I find unrelatable, or embarrassingly stupid, I'll judge him harsher than the female counterpart. I think most guys who make a male character in an RPG would instinctively self-insert themselves, and would find being MCorrin intolerable. As for FCorrin, I'd suspect that it's only more tolerable because it's much easier to see her as a different persona when the player and the character's gender are opposites. Just a thought.

No, you said you hate on him because he's "beta" for making the EXACT same choices and having almost the EXACT same personality as the female.

That sort of double standard is incredibly offensive and sexist towards them BOTH. You even got Thane and Sunwoo to jump in, and they hate Corrin.

The ppl still complain whos is the best Corrin?

I see both are the same in the three games, the only diferences between them is the number of children they can have,the endings and the fanart.

I feel neutral about both. I like Fem!mui's thigh holes but I like Male!mui's butt. They even out for me.

Wait, what did I do now?

LOL.

Wait, what did I do now?

You didn't do anything, I'm blind again -_-

(I thought you responded to a different comment than the one you actually DID respond to)

The results aren't that surprising to me, honestly. Even as someone who likes Tsubaki, his gimmick can get a little grating at times (seriously Treehouse, there were other words you could have used instead of having him say "perfect" all the time, get a thesaurus), and as one of the five people who likes Hayato I can see why people would assume he's just Ricken 2.0, between their similar issues and the Hayato/Corrin support. Peri is your typical anime psycho girl and that's always been a very unpopular archetype, at least in the West. I'm also not surprised that Laslow, at the very least, is so popular, considering he's the one of the Awakening Trio that matured the most (or at least the most visibly).

The results aren't that surprising to me, honestly. Even as someone who likes Tsubaki, his gimmick can get a little grating at times (seriously Treehouse, there were other words you could have used instead of having him say "perfect" all the time, get a thesaurus), and as one of the five people who likes Hayato I can see why people would assume he's just Ricken 2.0, between their similar issues and the Hayato/Corrin support. Peri is your typical anime psycho girl and that's always been a very unpopular archetype, at least in the West. I'm also not surprised that Laslow, at the very least, is so popular, considering he's the one of the Awakening Trio that matured the most (or at least the most visibly).

If I had a nickel for every time Subaki said "Perfect!", I would be rich. Then again him saying "Flawless!" Is also annoying sometimes. It's sad that even in Fateslandia Niles wanted to punch his face for it.

I'm pretty sure the bad support conversations thread and other places also diluted people's opinion on several characters. The drama about Soleil got her hate to the point several youtube videos and articles were made from that alone.

Edited by Fanatic&Ecstatic

I figured that Beruka wouldn't have a lot of votes, but Damn!

I can see why people would hate Peri since she kills for fun and no one seems to try and help her with her problem, but sometimes it can be funny(I fucking love the support with Felicia) and she's actually a pretty good unit. I like the fact that Hana had beef with Corrin, but the support could've gone differently.

For me, if I could vote my votes would be:

Like: Odin(he's still the same, but his dark persona in his acting is epic. RIP sword hand tho)/Beruka(I like Charolette too, but she's just a close second. Seeing characters lock up their feelings start to slowly open up has always been a favorite subject of mine. Her supports with Kaze are very cute.)/Soliei(she reminds me of Cynthia from Awakening with her quirkiness.)

Dislike: Hinata(the only reason that I hate Hinata is because his growth make none of the sense.)/Nyx(again, her growths. Jeez)/Sigbert(he just seems boring as a character)

I don't really the personalities of the Fates characters, well maybe with the exception of a few, so my only dislikes comes from a gameplay standpoint.

LOL. Peri is dead last. I'm sorry to those that like her--I laugh at any character that is dead last in polls. I'm such an asshole.

I want to be angry that Hinata is as low as he is but, eh, what can you do about opinions? Yeah, his growths are kind of weird for a Samurai but I like to think that he holds his sword like a baseball bat and knocks enemies the hell out like it's a club. I mean, he can reclass into two club-wielding classes; he must have some kind of experience with clubs. Hinata is secretly a member of the Flame Tribe.

WHY THE HELL IS SETSUNA IN THE NEGATIVES?!?!?!121!@!@

Hinata is an actual genuine nice guy, unlike 'Mr Nice Guy' Silas. His S-rank with Corrin is great; made me laugh quite a bit, and his confession line is spoken just like the over-eager puppy he is.

IMO the worst thing about Hinata is his, um, hygiene habits. Yeah. He comes across as a pretty simple guy, so I can see why people wouldn't like him. Wound up marrying him in my first-ever file due to complications (read: it was him or Hayato), didn't regret it.

Well, these are certainly...results. Takumi is far down the list while Elise is high up, Hinoka is above Flora and Ophelia is the most popular kid.

I'm just going out on a limb here and assume they care more about design than characterization - judging by how far up female Kana is in comparison to her male counterpart, most of the voters were male, which would also explain why Ophelia is so high up.

this is reddit we are talking about. Rinkah having that many downvotes is very sad indeed. Kids dont seem very popular in this crowd in general. And yer right, the girls got the highest votes (save Rhaj)

I recently gave my votes on this list after heading to the link on the Reddit page, and instead of giving my completely honest votes, I voted for my most liked underdog characters and my most hated over-rated characters. My actual votes and my honest votes are as follows:

Most popular male:

My vote- Hinata

My honest vote- Odin

Least popular male:

My vote- Shura

My honest vote- Gunter

Most popular female:

My vote- Nyx

My honest vote- Hinoka

Least popular female:

My vote- Charlotte

My honest vote- Peri

Most popular 2nd gen unit:

My vote- Hisame

My honest vote- Percy

Least popular 2nd gen unit:

My vote- Male Kana

My honest vote- Male Kana (I was originally going to vote for Sophie, as I felt that she was over-rated, but my hatred of Male Kana's VA won me over. Note: I do not dislike either of them, character-wise. I just don't like how certain facets of their characterization were handled badly.)

Honestly, looking at this list makes me want to cry. There are a lot of disliked units on the list that I actually really like (Silas, Izana, Hinata, Subaki, Yukimura, Mozu, Nyx, Siegbert, Percy, Hisame, Soleil) and it hurts me to see them so unappreciated. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm over-reacting. I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Edited by KoolioKenneth

>mfw my shota husband hayato is most voted on "most disliked". why this happen.

>oh my daughter is one of most disliked children.

Meh, popularity polls. :V I'll stick with my underloved faves...