Reclassing into Witch class

SorrowWing77

Hello,

I was thinking of re-classing Sakura into the Witch class, but can't decide when to do so?

Should I reclass her after I promote her to Priestess (level 10) by using Master Seal

Then level Priestess to level 5 to get Skill Renewal. Then use Witch Mark to change by to Witch class

although the level stay at level 5. Would I be able to learn the level 1 skill for witches if I use the heart seals and still maintain the level 5 priestess skill?

I want to get the following skill for Sakura Renewal, Shadowgift, Toxic Brew and Countermagic as the main skills. Though I wouldn't mind getting all the skills of the witch class for her. Considering that witch class is so rear.

Currently, I have a male avatar and I could create another game file with a female avatar to use the witch mark to change into the witch class.

What are your thoughts on this?

It's possible for you to learn all of the skills of any class you change in to and keep the skills you got from your previous class. Here's an example in case you don't understand me:

I had Camilla change into a witch class at level 25 as a malig knight, and she kept all of her skills. I then had her level up and over time until she learned Witch's Brew and Shadowgift. I haven't leveled her up to the point she learns warp though.

It's possible for you to learn all of the skills of any class you change in to and keep the skills you got from your previous class. Here's an example in case you don't understand me:

I had Camilla change into a witch class at level 25 as a malig knight, and she kept all of her skills. I then had her level up and over time until she learned Witch's Brew and Shadowgift. I haven't leveled her up to the point she learns warp though.

So, ultimately I could get Sakura (Priestress) to level 5 and 15 before changing into a Witch class. I would be able to level up the witch class until I learned the required skill. Or do I learn them when I change into the witch class from priestess?

Because Shadowgift is level 1 and Witch's brew is level 10

Levelling priestess to 15 is to get countermagic. Once Sakura reaches level 15 I can just change to witch class for the rest of the game

Is this correct?

So, ultimately I could get Sakura (Priestress) to level 5 and 15 before changing into a Witch class. I would be able to level up the witch class until I learned the required skill. Or do I learn them when I change into the witch class from priestess?

Because Shadowgift is level 1 and Witch's brew is level 10

Levelling priestess to 15 is to get countermagic. Once Sakura reaches level 15 I can just change to witch class for the rest of the game

Is this correct?

If you reclass, you start learning whatever skills you missed until you catch up. Let's say you reclass Sakura to Witch at level 3 promoted (level 23). It'd work like this:

At level 24, Sakura would get Shadowgift.

At level 25, she'd get Witch's Brew and NOT Warp

At level 26, she'd get Warp.

If you reclass, you start learning whatever skills you missed until you catch up. Let's say you reclass Sakura to Witch at level 3 promoted (level 23). It'd work like this:

At level 24, Sakura would get Shadowgift.

At level 25, she'd get Witch's Brew and NOT Warp

At level 26, she'd get Warp.

So it add 20 levels before you start gaining skills for the new class

I plan to have Sakura at level 15 to learn Countermagic before changing her to Witch

So she will be at level 35

Level 36: Shadowgift

Level 37: Witch's Brew

Level 38: warp

What is the max level cap for witch class? Sorry I understand the concept, just wanted to clearify

So it add 20 levels before you start gaining skills for the new class

I plan to have Sakura at level 15 to learn Countermagic before changing her to Witch

So she will be at level 35

Level 36: Shadowgift

Level 37: Witch's Brew

Level 38: warp

What is the max level cap for witch class? Sorry I understand the concept, just wanted to clearify

Special classes like Witch cap at 40.

Go witch when you get Sakura at level 10, so she'll start using tomes/scrolls asap and build up ranks when she has the stats of a promoted unit at an umpromoted level. Then use a parallel seal to become a priestess and get her other two skills and a second parallel seal to get back into the witch class (yes, you can do that). The amount of levels to spend on each class should depend on the development of the stats (go witch for skyrocket magic and priestess to boost your resistance and luck and slightly your HP).

However, some of the skills you've chosen don't seem to fit a Hoshidan Witch (unless you're on the invisible route), since Shadowgift only allows you to use Nosferatu, which was severely hampered in Fates (nullifing double-strikes for a fast character in a fast class), and you won't get manys copies of it to forge in other people's castles.

Countermagic isn't that good for a glass cannon. Low HP might result in an accidental death for your character if you rely on a counter skill.

If you go witch, getting Tomefaire is a great option, since her only available weapon as a Witch is exactly that.

So, the final skill lineup I'd choose would be:

1- Miracle: precious for a glass cannon with high luck.

2- Renewal: it will heal little HP, but keeping her HP above 1 every turn is important for Miracle to work.

3- Warp: one of the best skill to move around finishing enemies or going to safety.

4- Toxic Brew: just to pin characters locked to one or two-range weapons if they don't get killed before, that's it. I don't think it's that useful for a character like this one, who should get her enemies killed on sight.

5- Tomefaire: higher damage is always welcome.

Either Amaterasu for support or Air Superiority to get greater avoid against flying enemies that may reach around choke points could be interesting to add if you're willing to go into yet another class for 3-4 levels to get them.

All and all, I think Sakura would work best as a support unit, given her personal skill, access to staves, a flying class and Amaterasu, and via Mycastle for BR and A+ Elise for Revelations, she can access Strategist and Demoiselle. If you use the Exalt Emblem on her, she'll get the Charm skill to stack on all other benefits, and some other good skills to fill up the last slot. Despite this, you may want to use Hinoka as the Support-bot, since she can become a trobadour by A+ Azura in either route, thus gaining all these skills. Rend Heaven/Lancefaire, could round up Hinoka's skillset.

Edited by paladin21

I turned Sakura into a witch immediately upon recruitment. I think she was about level 7-8. That way I could get her to level 10 quickly. At level ten, I heart-sealed back to shrine maiden, then used a master seal to get her to level 1 priestess. I got Renewal then back to Witch to get Warp, back to Priestess for Counter Magic and finally back to Witch for Brew.

I turned Sakura into a witch immediately upon recruitment. I think she was about level 7-8. That way I could get her to level 10 quickly. At level ten, I heart-sealed back to shrine maiden, then used a master seal to get her to level 1 priestess. I got Renewal then back to Witch to get Warp, back to Priestess for Counter Magic and finally back to Witch for Brew.

That way you lost ten levels for Sakura to grow, which could result in at least 2-3 points for each stat on average that you wouldn't get (probably up to 5-6 on magic, luck and speed).

Personally, I agree with paladin21 - early promoting, in general, isn't a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently have Sakura at level 14 Priestess (going to level 15 next time I play). Should turn her into an Onmyouji first to mainly get Tomefaire and then into a Witch?

I even thought about keeping Sakura where she is and turning Orochi into a Witch. Thoughts?

>Forrest loves to wear women's clothing

>can't reclass to Witch

I'm only mildly upset.

What does this have to do with the topic?

Nothing really, just me being butthurt. They finally made classes unisex in Fates, only to make the DLC and amiibo classes gender exclusive

Save your salt for a relevant topic. As in, not this one.

If you have a backup staffbot/other way to keep your health up (Onmyoji!Orochi is an example). Healing's really helpful in Fates.

If you want to have a bit of healing and the combat abilities of a witch, spend a few levels in Kinshi Knight to pick up Amaterasu so you can heal allies within-2 20% at the start of your turn. I would replace Shadow gift for Amaterasu in your build. If you want a bit more support and are playing on revelations A+'ing Elise can get you inspiration from Strategist, combined with Amaterasu and Sakura's personal skill you can still be a decent support while being a witch and pew pewing with books and scrolls. Alternatively you can also get most of these skills from my castles on Sakura as they are fairly common.