Best maid/butler?

Best maid/butler? (excluding reclasses and troubadours)  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Best manservant?

I'm confused as to what'd make Jakob's personal the better one, because IMHO, personal skill wise, he got the short straw relative to Felicia and Gunter (who's irrelevant to this discussion, but still) - only half of the bonus he gives to Corrin's all that useful (the damage reduction), thanks to evade tanking being practically destroyed as a strategy in Fates.

I can't speak for everyone but dodge tanking worked well enough for me (minus the stray 2% hitting every now and again). The -3 damage was better than -2 because I always pick -Def as a boon. Also, my view is biased because of how I played predominately as a chick and my view is from an early game perspective on Revelation.

When I played as a dude for once, the +2 damage Felicia gave me was negligible considering I had a +Mag Boon while using a dragon stone; my Corrin was already a beast and one-shotting everything. After that, I need my other units to be able to put in work to get rid of the enemies that Corrin can't get to. My Felicia wasn't even doing the chip damage that Jakob was doing because of her STR growth, making it to where Gunter and Azura had to pick up her slack. She weakened them, yes, but that chip damage Jakob did made it to where Gunter could K.O. and Azura could sing someone who needed it. Jakob could take out enemies if he wanted to as well; his speed was high enough to double early game. Felicia doubled but did no damage.

Now, again, for me, Jakob pulled through whereas Felicia required either to be reclassed in Strategist (and my Heart Seals typically go to Corrin first) or a Flame Shuriken, which takes a bit to get. This isn't to say Felicia's personal is terrible, I just found Jakob's more useful for my playing style. Felicia isn't bad; she's just more suited for late game, in my opinion.

Also, Gunter does have the best personal out of the three of them.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

After giving it some thought, Felicia is possibly the best out of the three.

I not saying that cause of the Flame Shuriken, in fact I like the fact that she doesn't have a lot of strength, because I usually use prepromotes to weaken bosses and troubling units to have other units gain the exp, and Felicia's lack of strength when she doesn't get that one lucky critical are good for that task early on. Jakob hardly gets used when he shows up and I haven't tried out Flora that much yet.

Bulter swag attack>Maid majestic attacks, tho Maid majestic attacks>Ninja meh attacks.

Edited by SageHarpuiaJDJ

I only have Birthright, so I can't talk about Flora, but when it comes to Felicia and Jakob, Jakob definetly wins.

Felicia has no STR, so she can only debuff and heal. She also has low defense, so if you try to give her a Flame Shuriken to increase her damage, the result is usually something like this:

Low Defense + Flame Shuriken's Avoid Penalty + Unable to activate skills like Sol to keep her alive = Dead Maid.

Felicia's Plate might fix this since the avoid penalty is lower and it can activate skills, but I don't think I can find one in Birthright without Battle Points from Visiting Castles.

She might be useful as a support unit, but it's not my playstyle.

Edited by Luankachu

After giving it some thought, Felicia is possibly the best out of the three.

I not saying that cause of the Flame Shuriken, in fact I like the fact that she doesn't have a lot of strength, because I usually use prepromotes to weaken bosses and troubling units to have other units gain the exp, and Felicia's lack of strength when she doesn't get that one lucky critical are good for that task early on. Jakob hardly gets used when he shows up and I haven't tried out Flora that much yet.

Bulter swag attack>Maid majestic attacks, tho Maid majestic attacks>Ninja meh attacks.

Jakob and Felicia are special, they don't cap at level 20. They are essentially unpromoted units in a promoted class. That's essentially why I say Jakob is better as a butler, because staves heal as Mag/3, so the lead in magic that Felicia has is far less pronounced than the lead in strength that Jakob has.

Jakob is the physical one that would be the most likely vulnerable to beastslayers (since his alternatives are Strategist, Paladin and GK). Felicia is the magical-based servant that can heal you for much more HP, but would need a magical weapon to be offensively useful and in spite of that, gets reclass options that are physical-based (Hero and Bow Knight). Flora is kind of the middle ground, having better Magic growths than Jakob, but better Strength growths than either one and got more reclass options (from the Dark Mage and Mercenary trees), but is only available on Conquest and Revelation and is a Cornsexual, meaning that she can only benefit from pair-ups when paired with the avatar.

. . .if we can't compare people who promote into the maid/butler class, why in the world are we considering reclass options?

Anyway, I prefer Flora/Jakob (depends on how heavily weighted my army's gender ratio is). Felicia's Strength is way too low to be useful, and I'm not tanking her avoid with the Flame Shuriken, nor do I have the patience to wait for her tray.

I can't speak for everyone but dodge tanking worked well enough for me (minus the stray 2% hitting every now and again). The -3 damage was better than -2 because I always pick -Def as a boon. Also, my view is biased because of how I played predominately as a chick and my view is from an early game perspective on Revelation.

When I played as a dude for once, the +2 damage Felicia gave me was negligible considering I had a +Mag Boon while using a dragon stone; my Corrin was already a beast and one-shotting everything. After that, I need my other units to be able to put in work to get rid of the enemies that Corrin can't get to. My Felicia wasn't even doing the chip damage that Jakob was doing because of her STR growth, making it to where Gunter and Azura had to pick up her slack. She weakened them, yes, but that chip damage Jakob did made it to where Gunter could K.O. and Azura could sing someone who needed it. Jakob could take out enemies if he wanted to as well; his speed was high enough to double early game. Felicia doubled but did no damage.

Now, again, for me, Jakob pulled through whereas Felicia required either to be reclassed in Strategist (and my Heart Seals typically go to Corrin first) or a Flame Shuriken, which takes a bit to get. This isn't to say Felicia's personal is terrible, I just found Jakob's more useful for my playing style. Felicia isn't bad; she's just more suited for late game, in my opinion.

Also, Gunter does have the best personal out of the three of them.

Fair enough. Though personally, with HP being as low as it is in Fates, I'd consider a Defence bane shooting yourself in the foot pretty badly.