Relative Difficulty, cross-paths

Falling

I think difficulty is pretty easy to figure out on the same route -Hard is harder than Normal, Lunatic's harder than Hard- but is Lunatic Birthright harder than Hard Conquest? Lunatic Revelation?

After going through Conquest on Hard, Hard Birthright was a cakewalk, I found. Is stepping up to Lunatic for Birthright feasible during lategame? (Chapter 23)

Imo Lunatic Birthright is still easier than Hard Conquest. I didn't really notice a difference in Birthright Lunatic and Birthright Hard until Camilla's last chapter onwards.

Honestly I don't find the gap between conquest hard and lunatic to be that huge either, but maybe it's just because i've got used to the mechanics a little more.

Imo Lunatic Birthright is still easier than Hard Conquest. I didn't really notice a difference in Birthright Lunatic and Birthright Hard until Camilla's last chapter onwards.

Honestly I don't find the gap between conquest hard and lunatic to be that huge either, but maybe it's just because i've got used to the mechanics a little more.

They use the same stats.

The only differences are enemy density, placement, and skills.

It's a similiar deal with Birthright Hard and Birthright Normal.

How drastic a jump is Conquest Normal to Hard?

Pretty massive.

I eventually rage quitted the Conquest endgame because I wanted to get things over with and swithed to normal.

Then it turned into a cakewalk.

Edited by LeDom

How drastic a jump is Conquest Normal to Hard?

difficulty jump is fairly big, though it's very doable if you know all the mechanics of this game. I would say it's harder than birthright lunatic. (haven't played revelation lunatic)

what I want to know is if there is a big gap in difficulty between conquest hard and lunatic. only think I know about it is the inevitable end bullshit towards the end of the game that's not present in hard mode. (and iago with hexing rod)

Revelation Lunatic IMO is easier than Birthright Lunatic in that it doesn't even try to Camilla you at chapter 23; Camilla gave me a pleasant surprise at BR 23 mechanically (me: wow this is actually legit let's DO THIS) vs the entirety of rev was just "lol lmao?"

so if CQ H is harder than BR L

then CQ H should also be harder than Rev L

even for those who do feel Rev is harder than Birthright the difference shouldn't be that big or idk wtf you're doing

I guess Rev can be harder than BR if you, idk, try to train Odin (or his fellow chapter 17 low-levels) in no-grind or something but assuming a mostly reasonably join-timed team for both BR at least sometimes tries

Edited by Thor Odinson

Lunatic had some evil addition

Sorcerer in reinforcement post door openning in 26 and an extra Cavalier on 13 is pretty noticable

At least Lunatic in this game isn't as evil as replacing Silver Card with Vulnerary forcing the player to take a deep and meaningful realization of the morality between sparing the innocent from the bloodshed for a vulnerary, or walk the path of blood for a delicious 68 EXP

Edited by JSND

Pretty massive.

I eventually rage quitted the Conquest endgame because I wanted to get things over with and swithed to normal.

Then it turned into a cakewalk.

My friends gave me shit for recruiting fodder units to finish conquest hard >.>

Still need to go back and beat that legit... somehow. I dun wanna go back to the general and berserker party room, or the ninja rape cave T.T

Lunatic had some evil addition

Sorcerer in reinforcement post door openning in 26 and an extra Cavalier on 13 is pretty noticable

At least Lunatic in this game isn't as evil as replacing Silver Card with Vulnerary forcing the player to take a deep and meaningful realization of the morality between sparing the innocent from the bloodshed for a vulnerary, or walk the path of blood for a delicious 68 EXP

o0 which game did THAT because I do not remember

My friends gave me shit for recruiting fodder units to finish conquest hard >.>

Still need to go back and beat that legit... somehow. I dun wanna go back to the general and berserker party room, or the ninja rape cave T.T

Or the Flying Death Mounts in Hinoka's Chapter. Is the General and Berserker Party Room Chapter 26 Conquest or Chapter 24 BR? I hated the enemy density in Chapter 24 BR. So many....

Lunatic BR is manageable since it doesn't have enemy only skills that would kick your butt ala Conquest Lunatic. Camilla's Addiction (BR Chapter 23) is the "difficult" chapter since Wyvern Goddess keeps spamming PK Fire.

Terrified of Lunatic Conquest because of Inevitable End. I wish there was some kind of restore staff....

Edited by Fanatic&Ecstatic

o0 which game did THAT because I do not remember

FE12. Its other notable "addition" was removing the Warp staff on Lunatic.

Anyway. . .

- Conquest Normal is still somewhat challenging. IMO it's easier than Birthright Hard, but not by much.

- Revelations Anything is kind of tedious.

Haven't touched the various Lunatic modes yet.

I'm actually scared of doing Conquest-Lunatic because, when I first picked up the game, I fear/rage quit at around Chapter 26 and had to lower both the difficulty to Normal and go Casual. Of course, now I have a better grasp of the mechanics and characters but still... Going to Lunatic Birthright shouldn't be that big of a jump. If it is one, at all.

Also, you know you can't raise the difficulty mid-game? You can only lower it.

I'm actually scared of doing Conquest-Lunatic because, when I first picked up the game, I fear/rage quit at around Chapter 26 and had to lower both the difficulty to Normal and go Casual. Of course, now I have a better grasp of the mechanics and characters but still... Going to Lunatic Birthright shouldn't be that big of a jump. If it is one, at all.

Also, you know you can't raise the difficulty mid-game? You can only lower it.

Lunatic BR is going smoothly for me. Somewhat. The fact that level ups are pre determined right when the character is recruited in their recruitment chapter is mind boggling. I know it discourages RNG abuse, but my Corrin being speed screwed for 4 straight levels is killing me.

So far i've only done BR Lunatic, and I can say its not quite on the level of Conquest Hard, but Chapter 23 and on have some nice challenge to them.

Lunatic BR is going smoothly for me. Somewhat. The fact that level ups are pre determined right when the character is recruited in their recruitment chapter is mind boggling. I know it discourages RNG abuse, but my Corrin being speed screwed for 4 straight levels is killing me.

Yeah the fixed levels can lead to some interesting strings, like in my Lunatic run of BR, my Setsuna got strength like 6 levels straight, meanwhile my Takumi almost never got speed lol.

I personally find Conquest Normal on par with Birthright and Revelation hard; to mix things up a bit, I'd put Awakening hard over Birthright and Revelation, but still rank Conquest normal above it. Keep in mind I'm coming from a no-grind perspective; the enemy stats are lower than Awakening and there's no skill/forged weapon nonsense going around on Birthright and Revelation.

My copy of Fates should arrive this afternoon and i'm still not entirely sure which difficulty I should start on. I want to start on conquest and continue my recent streak of doing hard mode, but i'm hearing that conquest is quite a bit harder then most hard modes.

Should I be fine with a conquest hard run if I did Awekening and Fe12 decently well on hard mode?

My copy of Fates should arrive this afternoon and i'm still not entirely sure which difficulty I should start on. I want to start on conquest and continue my recent streak of doing hard mode, but i'm hearing that conquest is quite a bit harder then most hard modes.

Should I be fine with a conquest hard run if I did Awekening and Fe12 decently well on hard mode?

I think you'll be fine, because the weapons don't give weird boosts, and the classes should feel a bit more familiar (well, some of them). The new skills may throw you for a loop, ESPECIALLY Lunge.

I had a hard time recalling Awakening hard these day tbh since its just press start

As I said, after a disappointing experience on normal mode I did a no-grind run of hard; a no-grind run that I eventually had to grind a bit on twice because the map design was crap and all the late-game did was throw massive enemy swarms at you with forged weapons. No, I didn't have the most optimal team, but it felt like the game had been designed around you grinding at least some- indirectly punishing you for not doing so.

I think you'll be fine, because the weapons don't give weird boosts, and the classes should feel a bit more familiar (well, some of them). The new skills may throw you for a loop, ESPECIALLY Lunge.

Your right. So far i'm up to chapter 10 and untill then its been challenging, but not unfairly so. Chapter 10 itself is giving me a hard time, but I almost made it in my last try untill some jerk decided to critical hit Camilla in one of the last two turns.

The skills where somewhat surprising. I've seen lunge in chapter 10, but so far i'm mostly worried about defence seal or other debuffing skills.

Edited by Sasori

Your right. So far i'm up to chapter 10 and untill then its been challenging, but not unfairly so. Chapter 10 itself is giving me a hard time, but I almost made it in my last try untill some jerk decided to critical hit Camilla in one of the last two turns.

The skills where somewhat surprising. I've seen lunge in chapter 10, but so far i'm mostly worried about defence seal or other debuffing skills.

Yeah However The enemy can do some pretty interesting things using Lunge later on and yeah the seal skills are pretty good at making tactical decisions. Those stats really matter on higher difficulties especially when enfeeble staff users come around...

Now we only need IS to bring back Canto as Galeforce doesn't really work for the AI... Imagine a unit with Canto and seal defense...