Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 General Thread

Jedi

After the success of Xenoverse, Bandai Namco is making a sequel and with how much Xenoverse did right, I hope they touch on some of the issues from 1, namely some of the over powered things you could do with your custom character and maybe some better character selection, but overall Xenoverse 1 did alot right, a decent storyline, pretty fun combat, tons of customization with moves and techniques, and a cool Monster Hunter like quest system really added to it.

It's set to come out later this year for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest hope is they fix the drop rate for stuff it got annoying trying to get some of the skills.

Also I would like to see some new what if scenarios because those are usually the best thing about the DBZ games.

After the success of Xenoverse, Bandai Namco is making a sequel and with how much Xenoverse did right, I hope they touch on some of the issues from 1, namely some of the over powered things you could do with your custom character and maybe some better character selection, but overall Xenoverse 1 did alot right, a decent storyline, pretty fun combat, tons of customization with moves and techniques, and a cool Monster Hunter like quest system really added to it.

It's set to come out later this year for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Hells to the yes. So getting this on PC. Think they'll let you transfer your character from Xeno 1?

Hells to the yes. So getting this on PC. Think they'll let you transfer your character from Xeno 1?

That would be cool if they let you do that, I don't see why they wouldn't other than maybe having an overpowered start?

I wonder if they will put Super Saiyan Blue as a transformation.

They might, although i'd like them to tone down how OP it was to just use Super Saiyan for infinite energy :P:

Not saying to characters who start in one of the forms, but the ones who can use the transformation itself, which granted unlimited energy while it was active.

They might, although i'd like them to tone down how OP it was to just use Super Saiyan for infinite energy :P:

Not saying to characters who start in one of the forms, but the ones who can use the transformation itself, which granted unlimited energy while it was active.

I think rather it should be a stat modifier increasing them as a multiplier kinda like how it actually functions in the anime. You could even have them so that they don't have a time limit but after taking so much damage or a hard blow/guard break you lose the transformation.

I think rather it should be a stat modifier increasing them as a multiplier kinda like how it actually functions in the anime. You could even have them so that they don't have a time limit but after taking so much damage or a hard blow/guard break you lose the transformation.

Very good suggestions, I'd like to see it work much like this.

eh a little dissappointed no new budokai but still cool. I really need to upgrade my computer or get a new console to play this.

I'm still sad that Burst Limit was unfinished and didn't do so hot as its my favorite DBZ game in terms of the fighting mechanics, and it was a spiritual successor to Budokai pretty much, 3D just seems to be the way they've liked going with it after Tenkaichi, Raging Blast etc.

Maybe we'll get a new 2D game again sometime, or hopefully Monolith continues the RPG series they tried to start (Seriously "Attack of the Saiyans" is an underrated gem imo)

I liked Xenoverse, but I hoped for its storyline to better explore the opportunities of time travel, alternative universes and What Ifs. It starts nicely enough, then rushes the plot by skipping the Mecha Frieza, Androids and Imperfect/Semiperfect Cell Saga right to the Cell Games, and then it skips all the events of the earlier Buu Saga. We don't even see Super Buu, iirc.

As someone who has played a lot of RPs focused on what if stories for DBZ, I'd really like if the writers (was it written by Toriyama himself?) focused on this kind of thing. They could even recycle ideas from Supersonic Warriors, Budokai 2 and 3, and Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

(Seriously "Attack of the Saiyans" is an underrated gem imo)

My only issue with it is the grinding (I stopped when I had to level up a bunch of level 20-30 characters to level 40 in order to access Korin Tower). Other than that, no problem. I liked the storywriting and I'd definitely play another RPG inspired on DB/Z.

Now you made me miss The Legacy of Goku 2. That game was perfect in everything.

Edited by Rapier

Random thing I saw pointed out: it's a PS4 exclusive in Japan, with the Xbox One and PC releases being a Western thing.

Just a random factoid.

Kinda makes sense, Xbox stuff does poorly in Japan, so I could see that as a cost saving thing, not sure about PC though.

My only issue with it is the grinding (I stopped when I had to level up a bunch of level 20-30 characters to level 40 in order to access Korin Tower). Other than that, no problem. I liked the storywriting and I'd definitely play another RPG inspired on DB/Z.

Now you made me miss The Legacy of Goku 2. That game was perfect in everything.

Huh, I don't seem to recall a grind, but then again it has been several years. I loved how much it gave to Tenshinhan, Krillin and Yamcha character/story wise, as they are like my 3 favorites of DB overall, aside from Piccolo and Future Trunks

LoG2 was great yeah, although I think it got fairly easy at the end game haha, Buu's Fury had that issue too though.

Edited by Jedi

Bumping because new news.

http://www.shonengamez.com/2016/05/20/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-release-window-revealed-coming-out-winter-2016/

The first scan for the recently announced Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is finally here revealing the game’s release date and the game’s premise. Just like the first game, Xenoverse 2 will have players travel through time once again, however this time around if there’s moments in history that even you would like to see differently, you would be able to. The scan also shows a screenshot of what it seems to be the new hub, looking a lot bigger compared to the one in the first game, as well as two screenshots of both Dragon Ball Z TV Specials—History of Trunks and Bardock: The Father of Goku. Finally, it seems this game will be releasing Winter 2016, so the wait isn’t going to be too long. Check out the scan below:

yq9O9gw.jpg

Kinda makes sense, Xbox stuff does poorly in Japan, so I could see that as a cost saving thing, not sure about PC though.

Huh, I don't seem to recall a grind, but then again it has been several years. I loved how much it gave to Tenshinhan, Krillin and Yamcha character/story wise, as they are like my 3 favorites of DB overall, aside from Piccolo and Future Trunks

LoG2 was great yeah, although I think it got fairly easy at the end game haha, Buu's Fury had that issue too though.

tbh I don't remember the details, my memory just tells me there was a part with heavy grinding but I don't really recall what it was (I know it happened when the Z Warriors were going to train with Kami, right after they reunited).

LoG2 was one of those games that I loved but couldn't finish (I lost the motivation to grind every character to the max level in order to get the DBs from the restricted areas). I liked Buu's Fury, but I consider it to be way inferior to LoG2 in that it is a really easy game. When I first played LoG2, I remember I had a hard time fighting Mecha Frieza (with Kid Gohan) and overall combat demanded that I had a better reaction time/careful planning (the only way I beat the Z Warriors in that Capsule Corp building was hiding on a pillar and hitting them from afar). Contrast with Buu's Fury, where SSJs and moves are your key to victory and you already start strong.

I'd love another game of that kind, though.

Just like the first game, Xenoverse 2 will have players travel through time once again, however this time around if there’s moments in history that even you would like to see differently, you would be able to.

That really piques my interest. It still depends on how they're going to pull that (and I hope they dive deeper into that premise than the first Xenoverse game), but it already sounds good.

tbh I don't remember the details, my memory just tells me there was a part with heavy grinding but I don't really recall what it was (I know it happened when the Z Warriors were going to train with Kami, right after they reunited).

LoG2 was one of those games that I loved but couldn't finish (I lost the motivation to grind every character to the max level in order to get the DBs from the restricted areas). I liked Buu's Fury, but I consider it to be way inferior to LoG2 in that it is a really easy game. When I first played LoG2, I remember I had a hard time fighting Mecha Frieza (with Kid Gohan) and overall combat demanded that I had a better reaction time/careful planning (the only way I beat the Z Warriors in that Capsule Corp building was hiding on a pillar and hitting them from afar). Contrast with Buu's Fury, where SSJs and moves are your key to victory and you already start strong.

I'd love another game of that kind, though.

That really piques my interest. It still depends on how they're going to pull that (and I hope they dive deeper into that premise than the first Xenoverse game), but it already sounds good.

Yeah Buu's Fury was just really easy, and hey in LoG2 for the Dragon Ball areas I seem to only recall needing Goku around level 40 for most of em, maybe Vegeta or Gohan for a few, I don't recall. Plus the Snowy Highlands offered tons of EXP for level 30 people.

I'm kinda hoping the fact that we see the whole Trunks scene, is an indication that Future Gohan will be playable in this game, he's one of my favorite iterations of Gohan's character.

Edited by Jedi

• 4 weeks later...

We got some E3 Stuff, Rhymestyle here explains what he saw and some theories, this dude does all kinds of Dragonball content on youtube, he tends to know what he's talking about.

We got some E3 Stuff, Rhymestyle here explains what he saw and some theories, this dude does all kinds of Dragonball content on youtube, he tends to know what he's talking about.

Future Gohan about to wreck shit. Graphics look great!

Is it just me or does the gameplay in that video look a lot more... tenkaichier then the first Xenoverse?

I would most certainly hope so. Now Xenoverse 1 was amazing for many reasons. Like, the game controls great. They really nailed the flight controls in particular. The game runs amazing with gorgeous visuals at 60 frames per second. Even the PC port was amazingly optimized. Honestly, it's hard to believe that this is the first Dragonball game that made it to PC. (Seriously, that port is amazing, I can't sing it's praises loud enough.) The character creator was very powerful, the actors got many amazing lines (everything coming out of Cell's mouth is gold, seriously) and the game has just a shitton of content in all regards.... but it just wasn't very fun to play. Maybe in a competitive environment the game had potential for more then just being a tedious button masher but with the AI being as limited as it is and the PvP being ridiculously broken, I never got the feeling that there was more to it then that. So I really hope that they managed to improve the core gameplay, then the game would be pretty much perfect.

Edited by BrightBow

Is it just me or does the gameplay in that video look a lot more... tenkaichier then the first Xenoverse?

I would most certainly hope so. Now Xenoverse 1 was amazing for many reasons. Like, the game controls great. They really nailed the flight controls in particular. The game runs amazing with gorgeous visuals at 60 frames per second. Even the PC port was amazingly optimized. Honestly, it's hard to believe that this is the first Dragonball game that made it to PC. (Seriously, that port is amazing, I can't sing it's praises loud enough.) The character creator was very powerful, the actors got many amazing lines (everything coming out of Cell's mouth is gold, seriously) and the game has just a shitton of content in all regards.... but it just wasn't very fun to play. Maybe in a competitive environment the game had potential for more then just being a tedious button masher but with the AI being as limited as it is and the PvP being ridiculously broken, I never got the feeling that there was more to it then that. So I really hope that they managed to improve the core gameplay, then the game would be pretty much perfect.

I think thats because the dash mechanic is far more similar to how it was handled in Budokai Tenkaichi/Raging Blast in that once you send someone flying you can lock on and automatically dash to their position and keep your combo going whereas in Xenoverse 1 its not necessarily that way so it seems more fast paced.