Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 General Thread

Jedi

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I really wish Xenoverse would have those heavy stomach punches that happened so often in the series, like Tenkaichi did. In Xenoverse, you either pummel someone with weak hits that give no sense of impact or smash them away.

Anyway, the size of the cast seems to increase quite significantly. I mean, if Dodoria is here, then I guess Zarbon will be in the game too. Or maybe she made the cut over Zarbon because she has no transformation to worry about. But I'm glad 16 is in. For some reason I am in a very 16 mood these days.

You know, I really wish Xenoverse would have those heavy stomach punches that happened so often in the series, like Tenkaichi did. In Xenoverse, you either pummel someone with weak hits that give no sense of impact or smash them away.

Anyway, the size of the cast seems to increase quite significantly. I mean, if Dodoria is here, then I guess Zarbon will be in the game too. Or maybe she made the cut over Zarbon because she has no transformation to worry about. But I'm glad 16 is in. For some reason I am in a very 16 mood these days.

Yeah Zarbon is for sure in, he was shown in the 2nd trailer. It's cool to see a bigger roster and not 5 different Gokus first :P:

With the addition of movie villains, I'm already guessing Bojack will be there because his movie is one of the more popular ones (I'm actually surprised we haven't seen the Bio-Warriors from "The Worlds Strongest" because alot of people like that movie too), also I'd love to see more dragon ball characters like Tao Pai Pai or Nam, but I doubt they'll be around haha.

Can we at least have a badass Roshi, I mean he was pretty significant in the early bits of the franchise and even fought in "Revival of F", speaking of Revival of F I hope characters get their costumes from that movie/arc, Tien/Tenshinhan looks so cool in his black, red & yellow gi.

Edited by Jedi

• 1 month later...

Bump

So we have the english intro, the lip sync is a bit... Off but I assume that could change, but this is like one of the only times a DB/Z game hasn't had an opening song intro.

Edited by Jedi

Bump

So we have the english intro, the lip sync is a bit... Off but I assume that could change, but this is like one of the only times a DB/Z game hasn't had an opening song intro.

Doesn't really bother me much although Budokai Tenkaichi 3's opening will hold a special place in my nostalgic heart lol.

Well, it's nice that they are trying out something different. I like the idea of framing the opening as a job ad but I think they could have milked far more humor out of that idea. The only thing that got a chuckle out of me was the way they treated poor Raditz and I'm not sure that was even intentional. Also "We have a fully equipped item shop" is a cute way of saying: "You'll have to pay for the equipment that you need."

And it seems like some dastardly villain went to the past to steal the sleeves of Vegeta's armor. Damn you, Mira!

Edited by BrightBow

• 2 weeks later...

Hit has been confirmed to be in the base game.

Also we have some Revival of F themed costumes.

pLBMlYd.jpg

MnExWJT.jpg

Namco, you're making the Tenshinhan fan I am, very happy :P:

Before the Hit announcement this was the Base Roster confirmed

http://pastebin.com/RY2tWDJh

We are getting more than this down the line though.

Hit has been confirmed to be in the base game.

Also we have some Revival of F themed costumes.

pLBMlYd.jpg

MnExWJT.jpg

Namco, you're making the Tenshinhan fan I am, very happy :P:

Before the Hit announcement this was the Base Roster confirmed

http://pastebin.com/RY2tWDJh

We are getting more than this down the line though.

Thats pretty awesome actually. Cant wait to play this come Thursday!

The game might still be a few days away for most of us but Team Fourstar have already started their playthrough.

Edit: So judging by their playthrough, the only skills and clothes that get transferred from Xenoverse 1 are the ones that your character has equipped at the time. That's... kinda dumb. I really don't want to grind for all this stuff again. And the game specifically says that if you want to do anther transfer, you'd have to delete your Xenoverse 2 save data.

Considering that the X1 avatar is a separate character in this game, it makes me wonder if they maintain their old moves if they show up in a battle. It would be nice if I could just focus on transferring useful moves without having to worry about leaving the old Avatar with a dumb moveset.

Edited by BrightBow

I did. And well, it's pretty damn great. It basically fixed ever issue I had with the original Xenoverse. Most notably the game no longer utilizes fake difficulty in the form of Super Armor and Evasive Move spam. The AI is genuine good now and doesn't need to resort to those cheap tricks. Of course they start out as mere punching bags but once you reach the end of the Frieza Saga, the AI gets serious.

There are tons of other improvements too. Like, the game world is now actually fun to maneuver thanks to vehicles, flying and a jump command that actually does something. There is a Training Mode now (thank god). The writing is far more entertaining and overall more competent. I'm especially glad that Mira no longer sounds like a complete imbecile and that Trunks is more active this time.

The only thing that really bugs me in this game is that it still has no proper vs CPU mode. The Offline Battle mode is still the same as it was in the first game, so you are stuck with a 3 minute time limit and a shitty AI on the vast majority of characters. You know, the lack of settings is one thing but I would really like to know what genius thought that it was a good idea to give every character their own AI level. That way most characters are nothing but deadweight when bringing them into Parallel missions.

What's especially weird about the lack of a difficulty setting is that there IS an actual difficulty setting... but only in Training Mode. I really hope that they include this in the other modes. And "they" in this case refers to either Dimps or the Xenoverse modding community. I would hope that it is at least possible to mod the game so that the highest AI setting becomes the standard.

I suppose it is worth mentioning that the game is rather buggy currently. In fact, Dimps has directly stated that the fixes they made for the Open Beta were not yet included when the game was released. They are instead said to be included in a patch that will be release on November 1st. The good news is that they also acknowledged most of the issues I encountered, so there is a good chance that that stuff gets fixed eventually.

Although a rather nasty bug I encountered that they didn't acknowledge, was one where at the start of a match enemies would get forced out of bounds. Fortunately so far I've only encountered that bug in Training mode and during the Namek series of side quests. Although in the latter it happens all the freaking time. Also the Namek missions are all dragon ball collection quests, and I think that the Dragonballs can also be forced out of bounds. Either that or they sometimes spawn inside of mountains or other locations where they can't be reached.

Edited by BrightBow

So did anyone get it? I sadly won't be able to for quite some time.

I have it gave it a whirl today pretty damn good. Just be careful whatever you transfer the first time is what you get if you want different stuff you have to erase that save file in XV2 and start fresh.

All in all very good I'm pretty satisfied with it I also noticed instructors no longer disappear even if you decide to be taught by someone else to pick up new skills which is awesome if you want to go back to old ones. I also like how the races are more balanced hell even genders now have pros and cons to them in how they apply to stats. I'm still rollin as a saiyin though lol.

I did. And well, it's pretty damn great. It basically fixed ever issue I had with the original Xenoverse. Most notably the game no longer utilizes fake difficulty in the form of Super Armor and Evasive Move spam. The AI is genuine good now and doesn't need to resort to those cheap tricks. Of course they start out as mere punching bags but once you reach the end of the Frieza Saga, the AI gets serious.

There are tons of other improvements too. Like, the game world is now actually fun to maneuver thanks to vehicles, flying and a jump command that actually does something. There is a Training Mode now (thank god). The writing is far more entertaining and overall more competent. I'm especially glad that Mira no longer sounds like a complete imbecile and that Trunks is more active this time.

The only thing that really bugs me in this game is that it still has no proper vs CPU mode. The Offline Battle mode is still the same as it was in the first game, so you are stuck with a 3 minute time limit and a shitty AI on the vast majority of characters. You know, the lack of settings is one thing but I would really like to know what genius thought that it was a good idea to give every character their own AI level. That way most characters are nothing but deadweight when bringing them into Parallel missions.

What's especially weird about the lack of a difficulty setting is that there IS an actual difficulty setting... but only in Training Mode. I really hope that they include this in the other modes. And "they" in this case refers to either Dimps or the Xenoverse modding community. I would hope that it is at least possible to mod the game so that the highest AI setting becomes the standard.

I suppose it is worth mentioning that the game is rather buggy currently. In fact, Dimps has directly stated that the fixes they made for the Open Beta were not yet included when the game was released. They are instead said to be included in a patch that will be release on November 1st. The good news is that they also acknowledged most of the issues I encountered, so there is a good chance that that stuff gets fixed eventually.

Although a rather nasty bug I encountered that they didn't acknowledge, was one where at the start of a match enemies would get forced out of bounds. Fortunately so far I've only encountered that bug in Training mode and during the Namek series of side quests. Although in the latter it happens all the freaking time. Also the Namek missions are all dragon ball collection quests, and I think that the Dragonballs can also be forced out of bounds. Either that or they sometimes spawn inside of mountains or other locations where they can't be reached.

All good things to note minus the CPU mode, and yeah I heard about it being buggy but i'm sure the patch will fix most of the deals.

I have it gave it a whirl today pretty damn good. Just be careful whatever you transfer the first time is what you get if you want different stuff you have to erase that save file in XV2 and start fresh.

All in all very good I'm pretty satisfied with it I also noticed instructors no longer disappear even if you decide to be taught by someone else to pick up new skills which is awesome if you want to go back to old ones. I also like how the races are more balanced hell even genders now have pros and cons to them in how they apply to stats. I'm still rollin as a saiyin though lol.

If Namekians aren't bleh anymore I might actually go with one this time.

Unfortunately despite the announcement the patch wasn't released on the 1st for the Steam version. I suppose it's not exactly surprising that the PC version would take longer to fix but it would be nice if they would communicate more instead of quietly missing the date.

Also, despite never having encountered that problem over the weekend now for some reason I am clipping all the time through the floor of the overworld when picking up items. Fortunately that's not much of a problem. If you clip below the surface, all you have to do is to use your vehicle and let yourself drop below the killzone. You will then simply get teleported back to the surface.

Besides, I always love to explore games beyond the intended boundaries. And I actually did find something down there:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/188416901572899810/8C534AFCF1A7B4F828BF532ADF9A2B838AF9CD56/

I guess that they are always down there since I've seen them both times I explored that area. Unfortunately I can't talk to them since they are below the kill zone.

Edited by BrightBow

All good things to note minus the CPU mode, and yeah I heard about it being buggy but i'm sure the patch will fix most of the deals.

If Namekians aren't bleh anymore I might actually go with one this time.

Namekians get their giant transformation which makes them invulnerable until their stamina burns out (which happens when they get hit and it gradually goes down kinda like SSJ does to ki for Saiyins). Additionally, they start out with way more stamina than the other races.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope the Steam version of the new patch won't take too long. Falling through the floor admittedly did get tired after a while and I actually ended up below the killzone several times, which keeps you locked out as their is an invisible wall. The game is so buggy that I was shocked to learn that the Steam version included the November 1st patch right from the start.

More importantly however is that the Expert missions are broken. From my understanding they are broken on the console versions too, but only if you play online. On the Steam version, the enemy can get out of bounds while playing offline too and it happens all the friggin time. It happens so often in fact, that I play Expert missions with a moveset that has the specific purpose of chasing the enemy out of bounds. But even that doesn't help if the enemy ends up really far outside the level boundaries like in this example:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/133249081667421670/36A55692C05914ECC086FB9AFCDF3712C24EF723/

If you are in the void like that, you can't actually hit each other. Or at least I have yet to find a way to do it. I tried Giant Storm but nothing happened. Also you can't move and even if you teleport back into the stage that status persists.

Btw, just in case anybody is wondering, in the above screenshot I am using a mod for the Whis Battle Armor that removes the sleeves and allows it to be colored. I figured that it wouldn't be a good idea to start modding while the game is so unstable but I simply grew impatient after a while. Especially since there was already tons of cool stuff out there, like a mod for one-armed Future Gohan.

Edited by BrightBow