Unpopular opinion about gaiden

ivanbomb15

I think the characters when you look into their stories a little more, but the game is very repetitive and even though the gameplay is decent for the time, but the level variety is meh and the way leveling up and promoting works is just ridiculous, we need a remake for this game in a modern engine

i think that's what pretty much everyone who has played gaiden thinks of it

it is not exactly an "unpopular opinion"

Edited by maybe

I thought the promotions were fine even if xp gains are wack

but I can't defend the maps and I do really like gaiden

Edited by Tryhard

It's definitely repetitive (especially map design) but I consider Gaiden as a very good game considering its release date (1997).

I think the "repetitiveness" comes from how static the game is (because you usually turn off battle animations, since the game in surprisingly slow).

Exp gains are awful, but the promotion system compensates it (there's also the easy mode for exp x2), I think you juste can't grind in this game unless you are a masochist.. Anyway.

Moreover, there's a lot of characters and I like it (luv Ruka with agility ring)

I think the game's soundtrack is fine, as it changes throughout the game (switching between Celica and Alm's party, between combat mode and world map), which is pretty cool.

Finally, it has a world map, so I like it (hi sacred stones)

That's my point of view about Gaiden, I agree that it's a bit repetitive, but get used to it, You're playing Fire Emblem !

Still a very good game with it's original gameplay (somehow looks like Zelda when out of combat).

That's the opinion of most of the fan base about Gaiden, so it's not really unpopular.

Anyway, Gaiden is really repititive, but other than that, I think is a fine game if you don't take in account the fact that hasn't aged well.

Also, we all know that IS loves gai- okay, I won't do that meme

I like Gaiden, very much.

Even if it's almost as clunky as FE1...

I like Gaiden, very much.

Even if it's almost as clunky as FE1...

At least it has a better inventory system. Seriously, the dumbfuck inventory system of FE1 is the main reason I've never finished it.

Gaiden was a good game in it's time, but it's age shows. Like, it really shows.

If I were to nominate an FE Game that deserves a remake, I'd say remake Gaiden. It really needs it

It's definitely repetitive (especially map design) but I consider Gaiden as a very good game considering its release date (1997).

Ummm, pretty sure the game was released in 1991 or so, not 97.

Yes, I also want a remake of this game, if only to see what the hell Doma is suppose to be.

Edited by Illiterate Scholar

Gaiden is enjoyable for reasons I don't know. I think I had more units die in that game than any other one, and all of them were RNG screwed so i didn't give any fucks. Oh wait, they weren't screwed. Those were their actual growth rates.

• 1 year later...