If Kozaki doesn't return for the next Fire Emblem game, who would you want to draw the next Game and the writer too.

I wouldn't mind Takashi Takeuchi form the Fate series as the artist. I love his art style it real pretty and epic and I just love saber! :)

I wouldn't mind Nasu coming in to write the plot, his story telling is really good. I doubt they would do it though :(. So who would you like for the new artist or writer for the next game after Fate

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know very little about artists, so I can't say anything about that other than hoping they change the art director or whoever is in charge of the armor and clothing and place someone who draws a tad more realistically in charge.

I don't know of many Japanese writers who consistently write good stuff other than Shu Takumi; that guy could easily be placed in charge of a few supports since Ace Attorney and Ghost Trick are all about character interactions, and he excels at them. He is, however, first and foremost a mystery writer, and I'm not sure he could pull off a suitable main story, and after Fates, I'm not quick to trust anyone regardless of their previous work and experience.

Edited by Thane

I don't know of many Japanese writers who consistently write good stuff other than Shu Takumi; that guy could easily be placed in charge of a few supports since Ace Attorney and Ghost Trick are all about character interactions, and he excels at them. He is, however, first and foremost a mystery writer, and I'm not sure he could pull off a suitable main story, and after Fates, I'm not quick to trust anyone regardless of their previous work and experience.

i haven't played ghost trick but assuming this guy worked on the first ace attorney (which was the only one I actually played) i'd definitely agree on this

the writing and character interactions were generally really good and I feel like he could definitely be good as a writer for a fire emblem game, supports or otherwise

Edited by maybe

Nasu could be an interesting writer for a FE game, but I'd rather have Yasuhisa Hara, the Kingdom author, since I just think Kingdom would make for a good FE game.

For artist though, I have no idea. Maybe Tetsuo Hara.

Hirohiko Araki would be a hilarious but actually impressive choice for art lead. Nobody would ever complain that strength growths weren't appropriate again.

Whoever, as long as he can write things that can at least be taken seriously. I fear that asking for a mere good plot is too much, especially after all of this..

Le sigh...

Preferably, someone who understand that FE is first of all, a tactical RPG, not a shonen, not a seinen, but a tactical RPG. With, war, with death. Where fire burns, arrows pierces, swords cuts.

You know, things you need to be very smart to know about.

Bring back Senri Kita and whoever wrote PoR...

Sounds good to me, PoR is my favorite FE soooo...

But eh, Iike Thane, I acquired too much cynicism over Fates, I feel jaded just talking about it.

Edited by B.Leu

I'd like to see the writer(s) for Kingdom Hearts give it a go or see how Shigeru Miyamoto does on the project

As for artists, either Senri Kita (whose name I only know because of Anacybele's post :P) or the artist for Sacred Stones.

Non-FE, though, whoever did the art for Final Fantasy VII

Edited by Power Master

I feel like POR art while good looks boring, well to me anyways. Yeah I think someone who is familiar with fire emblem should write the story IS should focus on Gameplay. Drawer could be dude who draws Shingeki no Soma. Or another Freelancer. I don't think they will switch Kozaki any time soon though. Tales of artist seem like a good replacement if he doesn't return. I think she a mangaka as well she made Oh! My goddess.

I wouldn't mind if Kozaki returned again, I enjoy his style and his art was what piqued my interest in Awakening. I don't know many artists by their names, but one of my recent favorites is Masayuki Doi (here's a design he did for Shin Megami Tensei IV). He has a nice style, but most of all I love how expressive his characters are. I guess it would be cool to see what he'd do for a game like Fire Emblem.

I wouldn't mind if Kozaki returned again, I enjoy his style and his art was what piqued my interest in Awakening. I don't know many artists by their names, but one of my recent favorites is Masayuki Doi (here's a design he did for Shin Megami Tensei IV). He has a nice style, but most of all I love how expressive his characters are. I guess it would be cool to see what he'd do for a game like Fire Emblem.

I love his art it's unique. I was saying if he doesn't come back. He might of become a staple for IS, since the two games he drew make Fire Emblem brought in a whole lot of money.

Hirohiko Araki would be a hilarious but actually impressive choice for art lead. Nobody would ever complain that strength growths weren't appropriate again.

He'd be horrible at creating balanced characters and skills, though.

I'd like to see the RD artist and the PoR writer back. Don't know that many artists and writers. Or we could always try the Urobutcher. I mean, imagine Fates with this guy writing the story. Instead of Anankos/Hydra, Aqua would've been the main villain/evil dragon on hiding all along (hey, her actions would make more sense if it were so).

Edited by Rapier

Ace Attorney and Ghost Trick are so good. I think Ghost Trick has my favourite ending of any game I've played. I'd love to see supports written by him.

Art-style, anyone who could imitate Kozaki, really, since the art-style is a huge draw of both Awakening and Fates for me.

Ace Attorney and Ghost Trick are so good. I think Ghost Trick has my favourite ending of any game I've played. I'd love to see supports written by him.

Art-style, anyone who could imitate Kozaki, really, since the art-style is a huge draw of both Awakening and Fates for me.

"Thank you, Sissel. I'm so very glad I met you".

giphy.gif

It's not often a story gets me like that, but damn, I believe that's what people call getting hit in "the feels". Shu Takumi would write some killer supports, I'm sure.

Also, I'm a fan of Kozaki as well. Pretty much all of my complaints about how some characters look come from the clothing and armor (well, I'm not a fan of including kids in wars either, but I don't think that's Kozaki's call to make).

Edit: goddammit, I watched the ending of Ghost Trick again. How could you do this to me?

Edited by Thane

He'd be horrible at creating balanced characters and skills, though.

I'd like to see the RD artist and the PoR writer back. Don't know that many artists and writers. Or we could always try the Urobutcher. I mean, imagine Fates with this guy writing the story. Instead of Anankos/Hydra, Aqua would've been the main villain/evil dragon on hiding all along (hey, her actions would make more sense if it were so).

Uro could be an interesting choice as writer, a comeback to the extremely punishing roots of FE? I'd be 100% in for that. Nasu I'd say no, not only because the fact that his strength being worldbuilding would mean having him for at least 3 games but for his constant delaying. Maybe Narita for an intricate story?

Artstyle is fine, but if a change was absolutely needed, I wouldn't mind Hisasi or Tosh (Although the latter is probably extremely busy with SnS).

For writers, I'm not so sure. While I like all the games for various reasons, the stories and plots have all been relatively decent. My favorite manga author is Junjo Ito but I doubt him writing a story for FE would turn out well.

As for artist, bring back ma girl Senri Kita. For a newcomer artist, I wouldn't mind Kazuma Kaneko from the older SMT and Persona series. I love that man's art.

Oh, I also second Hirohiko Araki.

I'm kind of torn on the idea of bringing in the Urobutcher. On the one hand, man's a pretty good writer, and I really enjoyed Madoka Magica. On the other hand, I feel like doing so would just crank the number of unnecessary deaths up to eleven, and all the people who complained about bringing Kibayashi making Fates "too shounen" would be begging for that kind of lightheartedness back once the Urobutcher was done with the story. Plus his style of writing would clash way more with Fire Emblem's established idealism way more than Kibayashi's did.

As for art, I liked Fates' aesthetic as a whole, so as long as someone has Kozaki reign in the fanservice next time I wouldn't be opposed to him returning.

Non-FE, though, whoever did the art for Final Fantasy VII

while we're at it let's get him to do the story too

i want a fire emblem game with the fantastic and deep story of kingdom hearts

Not truly sure for a writer but if anything bring back the person who wrote PoR or anyone who's actually well regarded in video game storytelling, world building and characterization. While anime and manga writers are good, I feel knowing that the writer is taking into account story battles and gameplay mechanics will lead to less hiccups along the way.

As for the artist, I'd definitely favor Senri Kita but I don't mind if Kozaki is here to stay. Comparing his Awakening and Fates portraits it's safe to say they won't really be the same thing.

In all honesty I just want an FE 4 remake for overseas. A story that can be fleshed out which we all know is good and has basically everything we want in future FE installment save for the Avatar but I don't mind if that's eliminated or at least lets dial down the dick sucking moments and not steal Sigurd or Seliph's respective spotlight. We remade FE 1 , skipped 2 and made three lets just make 4 again.

Kozaki is a fine artist but I wouldn't mind Senri Kita or whoever did the art for the Elibe characters.

Writers is a tough choice because someone's talent at one genre and/or tone doesn't necessary translate to skill at another genre. I like Urobutcher as well as the next person, but as AzureSen wrote above, his cynical tone and penchant for killing off characters might not work as well in Fire Emblem. I mean, it would probably be done better than whoever wrote the deaths in Fates but still. Fire Emblem should have moments of tragedy but not be tragic as a whole.

I don't think Nasu would be a good fit either because his stories can be overly convoluted.

The Tellius writers did a pretty good job and probably created the best written world so far. I'm also fond of the writing for Tactics Ogre. Fire Emblem would do well to have a story that respects itself and sticks to its themes.

Edited by NekoKnight

I would nominate HACCAN for the next illustrator, he really nails the tough guy/cute girl aesthetic that's so necessary for the series. ZIS would also be a fantastic choice.

8cCLvj0.pngs7XaZp0.png

B04-048_SR_SAMPLE-thumb-240xauto-3406.pn

whoever did the art for the Elibe characters.

NO, please no. >_< Apparently, the guy who did Elibe is the same guy who did the stupid Ike DLC art for Awakening and we all know how awful that piece is. I'd rather not risk seeing more abominations. That art was a disgrace to Ike's name!

Also, to those people saying the artist for PoR and/or RD. That was Senri Kita. Just to point out.

Edited by Anacybele