If Kozaki doesn't return for the next Fire Emblem game, who would you want to draw the next Game and the writer too.

But I guess I'm not entirely against a Western Developer that knows what they're doing.

I wonder what the difference is between Japanese developers not knowing what they're doing and Western developers not knowing what they're doing...

So, which developer would that be? As much as it pains me to say it I still think of Bioware whenever people talk about stories in video games, but they've fallen so far that I don't dare to hope they'll ever make a return to glory - and the next Dragon Age game will FINALLY take place in Tevinter! Why! Fate is cruel.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally created this account to answer to this topic.

Writing. Ryogo Narita (Bacanno, Durarara!). Granted, the guy is more apt for urban fantasy, but nobody, and I mean NOBODY, can handle large casts of characters and make them all memorable in the way he does.

Other options:

Michiko Yokote (Princess Tutu. Shirobako)

Keiko Nobumoto (Wolf's Rain, Tokyo Godfathers)

Gen Urobuchi (duh)

Character designer.

This is going to be a divisive one as this is pretty different from what FE has adopted as asthetic, but I would totally go with the team behind Garo: The Animation.

Other alternatives

Masayuki Ishikawa (Maria the Virgin Witch)

Toshiyuki Yahagi (Joker's Game)

Haruko Kumota (Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu)

I wonder what the difference is between Japanese developers not knowing what they're doing and Western developers not knowing what they're doing...

So, which developer would that be? As much as it pains me to say it I still think of Bioware whenever people talk about stories in video games, but they've fallen so far that I don't dare to hope they'll ever make a return to glory - and the next Dragon Age game will FINALLY take place in Tevinter! Why! Fate is cruel.

i'm sorry i have a grudge against DmC, a strong one...

Honestly I was going to mention Bioware or the others gayserbeam mentioned. I haven't played Inquisition so I have no idea if they've fallen far. plus im in the minority that openly enjoys dragon age 2

Gen Urobuchi (duh)

Dear God this would a repeat of gen 1 of Fe4.

Honestly I was going to mention Bioware or the others gayserbeam mentioned. I haven't played Inquisition so I have no idea if they've fallen far. plus im in the minority that openly enjoys dragon age 2

I heard about that game, with the wig joke and everything, right? Damn, that's a pretty low blow.

Ebony, you're an amazing woman but we can no longer be friends if you like Dragon Age II. Seriously though, Inquisition removes any and all complexity there could have been and just said "you're a good guy and you're going to defeat the world's stupidest, most evil puppet", and then there's a literal one-minute epilogue which is far more interesting than any other content in the game combined.

DLC was pretty good though, although that might just be because of my massive Tevinter bias, and all they did was set up the next villain and confirm the location of the next installment.

I heard about that game, with the wig joke and everything, right? Damn, that's a pretty low blow.

Ebony, you're an amazing woman but we can no longer be friends if you like Dragon Age II. Seriously though, Inquisition removes any and all complexity there could have been and just said "you're a good guy and you're going to defeat the world's stupidest, most evil puppet", and then there's a literal one-minute epilogue which is far more interesting than any other content in the game combined.

DLC was pretty good though, although that might just be because of my massive Tevinter bias, and all they did was set up the next villain and confirm the location of the next installment.

Well it isn't just the wig joke, it's that... despite it being a reboot I'll hold back when I said they kinda massacred the characters. Not even as bad as Dante - at least him you could see as a more punk, edgier Dante, but...

[spoilers]Vergil. A character who is Dante's brother and, in the original games, adverse to guns. So in this game, they have him shoot a pregnant woman in the stomach with a rifle. That's kinda where I drew the line.[/spoilers] So depending on who there handles it, I'd be marginally worried what they'd do to the characters.

I've lost friends to Dragon Age 2 I'm use to it. That's... disappointing. I'll admit DA2 wasn't the best in story telling (but I admittedly love intrapersonal conflict and I loved a lot of the concepts - the blood magic in Kirkwall and such) but to hear that is a bit disheartening. I'll buy it if I see it marked down.

Whoever said Kazuma Kaneko would be a bad choice, I resent that and I know who you are! jk i habe no idea who you are I think Kaneko would do a wonderful job with the characters; he's gotten way better than how he was back in the day. He can draw people, you know. Also, can ya'll just imagine FE done with Digital Devil Saga or Nocturne inspirations?! Oh lawd!

There are actually few artists in media that catch my eye. I wouldn't mind if Kozaki stayed, if the AD stopped with the terrible armor choices. I would take Kazuya Nuri because Ace Attorney. I would also take this artist named Edayan, who drew for one of my favorite fighter games called Rival Schools. He was also the main illustrator and artist for Ace Attorney at one point, as well. I'd also take the artist from Blazing Sword or from Sacred Stones. I'd also take Yoishitaka Amano because I want my Dragoon-based Lancer class, DAMN IT!

As for writers, hirohiko araki junjo ito I don't have a particular one. The stories I like are too vast to say that I favor a particular author/mangaka.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Fairly sure they don't, as Nintendo completely reshuffled IS after the Radiant flop

That's not really accurate for two reasons.

1) IS uses a lot of contract staff who left when their contract ended.

2) There are some who were simply moved to different positions, like Horikawa was sent away to work on Code Name STEAM for instance.

Yeah no then you would have to do work with EA no thank you (besides they are a shell what they used to be quite literally, a lot of their staff has left or so I've heard). So let me suggest Obsidian instead they have a really good track record of making good stories, and characters (fallout: new vegas, pillars of eternity, ect.), they are also totally independent which means it could actually happen (still won't but it is actually physically possible). They also have extensive experience of working with other people's properties (mostly Bethesda but still).

Oh and on the subject of things that will never happen here's another idea have 2K team-up Fireaxis (XCOM ect.) and Ken Levine (can't spell his last name but he is the writter of Bioshock) and make the game that would be intriguing.

Edited by Locke087

Whoever said Kazuma Kaneko would be a bad choice, I resent that and I know who you are! jk i habe no idea who you are I think Kaneko would do a wonderful job with the characters; he's gotten way better than how he was back in the day. He can draw people, you know. Also, can ya'll just imagine FE done with Digital Devil Saga or Nocturne inspirations?! Oh lawd!

yeah

fire emblem x shin megami tensei

tumblr_mg5y15KyPb1qa3bzoo1_400.gif

Yeah no then you would have to do work with EA no thank you (besides they are a shell what they used to be quite literally, a lot of their staff has left or so I've heard). So let me suggest Obsidian instead they have a really good track record of making good stories, and characters (fallout: new vegas, pillars of eternity, ect.), they are also totally independent which means it could actually happen (still won't but it is actually physically possible). They also have extensive experience of working with other people's properties (mostly Bethesda but still).

Oh, I actually forgot about Obsidian. They could work!

Well it isn't just the wig joke, it's that... despite it being a reboot I'll hold back when I said they kinda massacred the characters. Not even as bad as Dante - at least him you could see as a more punk, edgier Dante, but...

Vergil. A character who is Dante's brother and, in the original games, adverse to guns. So in this game, they have him shoot a pregnant woman in the stomach with a rifle. That's kinda where I drew the line.

So depending on who there handles it, I'd be marginally worried what they'd do to the characters.

I've lost friends to Dragon Age 2 I'm use to it. That's... disappointing. I'll admit DA2 wasn't the best in story telling (but I admittedly love intrapersonal conflict and I loved a lot of the concepts - the blood magic in Kirkwall and such) but to hear that is a bit disheartening. I'll buy it if I see it marked down.

Yeah I've heard about that too. What is it with developers and thinking that edgy stuff is something the majority of players want? Fortunately it was never a series for me, but I've had plenty of disappointments elsewhere I suppose.

Well, in Dragon Age II I just wanted to be given the ability to grab people by the shoulders and shout profanities at them until they stopped acting like depressed morons. In Inquisition, I just waited for the game to actually start, and then it was over. It's a single player MMO with mandatory grinding with a nonsensical justification.

Honestly, just loan someone's game if you can; don't give them the satisfaction of another sold game. I cannot believe the game was as well-received as it was. There is no story or gameplay to praise; the game is a bloody void.

[spoiler=Literal quest in the game]A man's wife is sick, and their son is the only one who can brew the medicine they need, but he joined a cult. You are to track him down and convince him to make some medicine for his sick mother so you go to the castle where the cult is holed up and he...

Gives you the medicine. You return it. End of the quest.

WHAT WAS THE BLOODY POINT OF THE BLOODY CULT?!

Dear God this would a repeat of gen 1 of Fe4.

I loved DmC and Dragon Age II, and (most of) Inquisition

When I think of DA:O and Mass Effect 2, I think of all the awesome things Bioware did with the self-insert hero, romance, team dynamics, meaningful choice and all the other things that Awakening and Fates tried to do and I get so excited for the possibility of a Bioware Fire Emblem that I lift off the ground.

Then I remember the crap they pulled with Mass Effect 3 and Sonic Chronicles and I fall right back to Earth.

As much as a Bioware FE excites me, I don't trust them. Next Level Games, on the other hand, has demonstrated its talent with what I found to be some real gems in the Nintendo library, like Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Punch Out!! (Wii), and Super Mario Strikers: Charged... even if they spend the rest of their time making shovelware licensed games and awful ports.

There are actually few artists in media that catch my eye. I wouldn't mind if Kozaki stayed, if the AD stopped with the terrible armor choices. I would take Kazuya Nuri because Ace Attorney. I would also take this artist named Edayan, who drew for one of my favorite fighter games called Rival Schools. He was also the main illustrator and artist for Ace Attorney at one point, as well. I'd also take the artist from Blazing Sword or from Sacred Stones. I'd also take Yoishitaka Amano because I want my Dragoon-based Lancer class, DAMN IT!

As for writers, hirohiko araki junjo ito I don't have a particular one. The stories I like are too vast to say that I favor a particular author/mangaka.

if Amano did the art, every character would have blonde/white hair with snow white skin

Nuri is cool but Ace Attorney's style might be a little too different for this series.

I can't see any artist who's not Kozaki for this series. I consider his work to be synonymous with FE. He did both Robin and Corrin's posters for Smash when no other series artist had that distinction.

Kid Icarus: Uprising's artist would actually be dope. Especially if the outfits look like the outfits from Uprising. So much fabulousness to be found from characters like Viridi and Magnus.

if Amano did the art, every character would have blonde/white hair with snow white skin

Nuri is cool but Ace Attorney's style might be a little too different for this series.

I can't see any artist who's not Kozaki for this series. I consider his work to be synonymous with FE. He did both Robin and Corrin's posters for Smash when no other series artist had that distinction.

Kid Icarus: Uprising's artist would actually be dope. Especially if the outfits look like the outfits from Uprising. So much fabulousness to be found from characters like Viridi and Magnus.

Oh, I know most of those artists are just fantasies. I know they could never...happen...

200_s.gif

But, I can dream, right? I got Shenmue 3 when actually I thought I was going to be dead before it was announced.

Dreams can become reality!

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Yeah I've heard about that too. What is it with developers and thinking that edgy stuff is something the majority of players want? Fortunately it was never a series for me, but I've had plenty of disappointments elsewhere I suppose.

Well, in Dragon Age II I just wanted to be given the ability to grab people by the shoulders and shout profanities at them until they stopped acting like depressed morons. In Inquisition, I just waited for the game to actually start, and then it was over. It's a single player MMO with mandatory grinding with a nonsensical justification.

Honestly, just loan someone's game if you can; don't give them the satisfaction of another sold game. I cannot believe the game was as well-received as it was. There is no story or gameplay to praise; the game is a bloody void.

[spoiler=Literal quest in the game]A man's wife is sick, and their son is the only one who can brew the medicine they need, but he joined a cult. You are to track him down and convince him to make some medicine for his sick mother so you go to the castle where the cult is holed up and he...

Gives you the medicine. You return it. End of the quest.

WHAT WAS THE BLOODY POINT OF THE BLOODY CULT?!

mmm

Yeah then nevermind Bioware plz don't touch Fire Emblem.