Rezzy

EDIT: Try looking at the later pages, to get a better idea, since the pictures are far less cringeworthy.

If anyone ever wants to post my art anywhere, feel free to do so as long as you credit me, and please send me a PM or something, letting me know that you're doing it.

I'm feeling masochistic, so I've decided to share some of my fan art of Fire Emblem characters. I generally prefer to color with colored pencils, but that never shows up well on the scanner, so I decided to sketch with pencil, then use GIMP to fill it in with color.

If anyone has suggestions, or just feels like lambasting these sketches of dubious fridge quality, feel free to leave feedback. I'm also pretty bad when it comes to computer programs, so I keep that in mind if you have any technical pointers.

Path of Radiance has some of my favorite characters, so I figured I'd start with that.

[spoiler=Jill]OF5Bs8d.jpg?2

[spoiler=Older Soren, turned out looking like Sephiran for some reason]Sg7ZkUU.png?2

[spoiler=Older Ike with a beard]DXGGKQ6.jpg?2

Be warned, I might post more stuff later.

EDIT: I do appreciate feedback. So feel free to leave some.

Edited by Rezzy

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd read the hell of whatever comic could spawn with that artstyle

Hey, that's not bad at all!

I mean, sure there are things to improve, but giving that you said you're not used to drawing on acomputer it's only a matter of learning the ins and outs of whatever program you're using :^_^:

I think that the thing that needs the most improvement for the moment, (besides gettinga full grasp of the program you're using, which is a key factor) is that you seem to struggle a bit with simmetry. More precisely, the sapes of the eyes don't seem to be similar.

There are a few more things, but I'm lazy so I'll just shut up now.

But keep it up!

I'd read the hell of whatever comic could spawn with that artstyle

Hey, that's not bad at all!

I mean, sure there are things to improve, but giving that you said you're not used to drawing on acomputer it's only a matter of learning the ins and outs of whatever program you're using :^_^:

I think that the thing that needs the most improvement for the moment, (besides gettinga full grasp of the program you're using, which is a key factor) is that you seem to struggle a bit with simmetry. More precisely, the sapes of the eyes don't seem to be similar.

There are a few more things, but I'm lazy so I'll just shut up now.

But keep it up!

Thanks. Yeah, eyes are harder to draw than one would expect, at least for me. One thing is making sure the pupils line up properly, so they looking like both eyes are focused in the same direction.

I suppose I could try drawing some of my original characters. I've got an idea of what they should look like in my head, but it's hard to do them justice.

It's great to see you make your own art thread :>

The best way to make sure facial features are aligned is to use guidelines - never be afraid to use them because they can help you tremendously :>

It's hard to properly illustrate your ideas on to paper but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong. You just haven't trained your brain and hand enough to know what goes where. Read tutorials, learn about anatomy and proportion. It's all about building that muscle memory and coordination. You might not see the results between today and tomorrow, but if you compare the results from today to a year from today, I'm sure you'll see improvement.

Edited by carefreejules

[spoiler=Jill]OF5Bs8d.jpg?2

I want to use this one as a meme.

How so? Feel free to do so, if you want. Just say it was made by Rezzy.

@carefreejules Thanks for the advice. I'll have to get a grid of sorts to make sure my faces don't get too wonky. I've actually started drawing again, in due part to my son. He'll be 2 soon and has started with the crayons, so I draw along side him.

Edited by Rezzy

Here's a Noire. I'm not a fan of boob windows, so I've changed her outfit slightly.

[spoiler=Ginger Noire]ZgmXkHm.jpg?1

I edited the original to give her cute eyes. Which looks better? Eyes seem to be tough for me.

[spoiler=Cute Eyes]A0YFt2y.jpg?1

Edited by Rezzy

One of the Silver Haired Maiden. I actually think this one turned out okay.

[spoiler=Micaiah]QHFFIyC.png?1

Feedback is always appreciated.

Edited by Rezzy

Draw Kim Possible!

I could give it a try! That show was a bit after my time, but I've heard of it and caught it every once in a while at my younger cousins'. I'll start the sketch once the weekend's over, and I'm back home with my scanner again. Edited by Rezzy

Ooh, these aren't that bad, especially for a person who doesn't have much practice! The good thing is that you're trying and that's best! Also, I just looked at your profile and I think you should try drawing some D&D or medieval stuff? I don't know, but trying out new things AND drawing something you enjoy is a great way to improve!

Ooh, these aren't that bad, especially for a person who doesn't have much practice! The good thing is that you're trying and that's best! Also, I just looked at your profile and I think you should try drawing some D&D or medieval stuff? I don't know, but trying out new things AND drawing something you enjoy is a great way to improve!

I could try to do some D&D drawings, but then they'd mostly be Original Characters from my campaigns, since I don't feel like adding to the bottomless amount of Drizzt art. Medieval stuff might work, but funnily enough most actual medieval art is pretty bad. To see what I mean, look at the art that Terry Gilliam spoofs in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It's like people didn't know how to draw well back then or something. I'll probably put some non-FE art as I continue to pop stuff out.

Jill reminds me of Vicky from Oddly Odd Parents.

I had to look that up, but yeah she kinda does.

The best way to make sure facial features are aligned is to use guidelines - never be afraid to use them because they can help you tremendously :>

You have some cute stuff, Rezzy, but I can't stress this post here enough. :P

You should also try working with construction/simple shapes to build up a drawing. It's pretty basic, even the Art Academy games teach you that. It can be easy to forget about using simple shapes (I still forget about it sometimes), but you should at least try to keep it in mind. Using reference images helps as well!

But otherwise, like I said, cute stuff! It has a cartoony vibe which always can be nice. :) I decided to drop you a comment since you did so for me!

Edited by Anacybele

Okay, I know this might sound sarcastic and I'm sorry if it does, but for some reason you really inspired me to go work on my own art, really, thank you!

(Also, ugh, medieval art really is bad, it's like they tried to make their lives look as bland and awkward as possible!)

[spoiler=Someone requested a Kim Possible drawing]Fo6lmvb.png?1

You have some cute stuff, Rezzy, but I can't stress this post here enough. :P

You should also try working with construction/simple shapes to build up a drawing. It's pretty basic, even the Art Academy games teach you that. It can be easy to forget about using simple shapes (I still forget about it sometimes), but you should at least try to keep it in mind. Using reference images helps as well!

But otherwise, like I said, cute stuff! It has a cartoony vibe which always can be nice. :) I decided to drop you a comment since you did so for me!

I seem to have trouble with eyes, and I can't draw hands or feet at all. Maybe I could just make an eye template. I actually do 99% of my drawing free hand on paper, then scan it to color it in. The only thing I've been doing on the computer has been the eyes.

And thanks! I've been going for a more stylized form for my drawings, since I've always kinda drawn that way. I'm just trying to make it more presentable.

Okay, I know this might sound sarcastic and I'm sorry if it does, but for some reason you really inspired me to go work on my own art, really, thank you!

(Also, ugh, medieval art really is bad, it's like they tried to make their lives look as bland and awkward as possible!)

I bet you draw better than me, so I could be an inspiration insomuch as people have to make art of their own to balance out the cosmic art supply in terms of quality. I'm glad I could do my part. You'll have to share. What sort of things do you like to draw? I mostly draw maps and people.

As always feedback is always appreciated!

Hey, don't worry, I consider eyes and hands to be the toughest to draw, followed by feet. If you notice on my new daddy Ike pic, his hand is definitely the worst part lol so I still can't perfect those yet. All it takes is practice and patience. :) And it's fine to do your art on paper, I used to do most of my art on paper with pencil myself, and these days I've strayed more and more to just going straight to Photoshop with my tablet (like with the above mentioned daddy Ike pic). Just do what works for you!

I'm going to see if I can use that simple shapes thing for hands and maybe that'll help, but I dunno for sure.

I always just either spend a lot of time drawing the hands slowly and very doll-like or I try turning them into hand-shaped blobs. Normally I like doodling women's faces sideways, I have no idea why, but I like them. I haven't really drawn anything recently, to be honest I've only doodled. Every other piece of art that I've done was because of an assignment or something, I was in an art school and my mom kind of pressures me to draw, but eh. I mean, it's not that it wasn't fun, but it wasn't much either. Sorry for rambling, anyways, when I was younger I always liked maps and I've tried drawing some, maybe I should try some these days?

I guess I'll just have to keep practicing. Here's a couple drawings of my children.

Leo, looking a bit older

hklFvZW.png?1

And Est

UbENk8U.png?1

I guess I could always give Leo blue hair and say it's Marth.

I've found the rationale for being able to marry your siblings in Birthright downright silly. The idea that Mikoto left notes behind, just in case her children ever started wanting to go at it like rabbits. This one was inspired by the Hinoka S Support...

Gny4a01.png?1

I'm actually happy with the way Hinoka's hand looks here. It's probably one of the best hands I've drawn.

Was that last one inspired by Mang's let's play?

Indeed. Although, I've found the idea absurd since I read the support convos.

Indeed. Although, I've found the idea absurd since I read the support convos.

I mean yeah. It's quite dumb. I think it would have been easier and fair if Corrin couldn't s support with any of the siblings on either side

I mean yeah. It's quite dumb. I think it would have been easier and fair if Corrin couldn't s support with any of the siblings on either side

I find it squicky on both sides. For the Nohr side, Intelligent Systems needs to read up on the Westermarck effect.

For the Hoshido siblings, I think it hurt the plot by making them not your actual siblings. The whole premise of Birthright was rejoining your birth family, but the only one who had any real connection to Corrin dies before the decision is even made. So it just ends up being rejoining the family that raised you for a few weeks when you were a baby over the one that has raised you the majority of your life.

I don't have a 3DS so I can't play Fates and IDK how I'll feel about watching an LP of it, but I really wanted to say, that hand is actually good, a bit stiff, but jeez, I think you're improving.