Rezzy

I don't have a 3DS so I can't play Fates and IDK how I'll feel about watching an LP of it, but I really wanted to say, that hand is actually good, a bit stiff, but jeez, I think you're improving.

Thanks, I'm trying to think of who I want to draw next.

I'm thinking if it's not from Fire Emblem, maybe something from the Tales series. I might try doing something that I can make into my avatar, assuming I'm happy with it.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't really sure what to draw, so I figured I'd try to make myself a cartoon.

Gai6YYQ.png?1

This one's okay, but the eyes look off. I tried going head on instead of my usual 3/4 oblique view.

And another

rettUNJ.png?1

I do really like this one. I think I'll use it for my avatar until someone tells me it sucks.

And as always any feedback or comments are appreciated.

Edited by Rezzy

Yoo, I love your new avatar and the Nino with glasses! I honestly think your armhands are getting better and better and trying out new perspectives and more complex hairstyles always helps! The reason why the eyes look off might be because they're too close to each other/too large? Your style is pretty stylized and doesn't need to be restricted by human anatomy, but try playing around with the proportions and placement of the eyes until you're happy with them.

Also, judging by your drawings, you're pretty. :3

Yoo, I love your new avatar and the Nino with glasses! I honestly think your armhands are getting better and better and trying out new perspectives and more complex hairstyles always helps! The reason why the eyes look off might be because they're too close to each other/too large? Your style is pretty stylized and doesn't need to be restricted by human anatomy, but try playing around with the proportions and placement of the eyes until you're happy with them.

Also, judging by your drawings, you're pretty. :3

Why thank you. I don't think I'm very photogenic, but I have a picture in my pregnancy thread here.

Maybe for my birthday, I can buy myself a tablet, where I can draw on it, so I don't have to just do it in pencil. I've been working with the eyes, a lot lately, but after too many times, to pencil erasures just build up too much and I have to start over. It doesn't help that my son keeps eating all my erasers. :P

I tried drawing Forrest as a heron, (get it: Serenes Forrest) but I could just not get his hair to look right. I appreciate the simplicity of the older FE characters.

Edited by Rezzy

I'm thinking if it's not from Fire Emblem, maybe something from the Tales series. I might try doing something that I can make into my avatar, assuming I'm happy with it.

oooh you're a Tales fan! Might I suggest Alisha from Zestiria or Natalia from Abyss? I think you resemble them quite a bit.

Also I think your style is really cute!

oooh you're a Tales fan! Might I suggest Alisha from Zestiria or Natalia from Abyss? I think you resemble them quite a bit.

Also I think your style is really cute!

There's an idea! Random tangent: I wish Alisha's outfit from the DLC quest was available during the main story.

:O

Woah, you're also a parent! I'm sorry if this sounds kind of rude, but I never expected a person of your age to spend time on drawing and being on a forum for a game series, I mean, my mom would never do that, but don't get me wrong, I think it's great that you're finding enjoyment in things like that! Also, your son is adorable! With a fun loving mom like you, he'll grow up to be a great person!

And please, you look great! Anyways, regarding the eyes, hm, a tablet would be a great to both experiment and motivate yourself to improve. Don't rush it though, what I mean is, don't get too comfortable (I can't think of a better word) with your current style, I know some people who were stuck with one style for a long time and then while experimenting, they found their new favourite one. A part of being good at art is learning to appreciate all of it!

Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to force you into changing, I think that's an awful thing to do, what I meant is that you should never be afraid to try something new!

Gosh, I hate it when I ramble so much that I lose the meaning of my own words. ; -;

:O

Woah, you're also a parent! I'm sorry if this sounds kind of rude, but I never expected a person of your age to spend time on drawing and being on a forum for a game series, I mean, my mom would never do that, but don't get me wrong, I think it's great that you're finding enjoyment in things like that! Also, your son is adorable! With a fun loving mom like you, he'll grow up to be a great person!

And please, you look great! Anyways, regarding the eyes, hm, a tablet would be a great to both experiment and motivate yourself to improve. Don't rush it though, what I mean is, don't get too comfortable (I can't think of a better word) with your current style, I know some people who were stuck with one style for a long time and then while experimenting, they found their new favourite one. A part of being good at art is learning to appreciate all of it!

Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to force you into changing, I think that's an awful thing to do, what I meant is that you should never be afraid to try something new!

Gosh, I hate it when I ramble so much that I lose the meaning of my own words. ; -;

No worries, I think I'm definitely one of the older ones here, and old enough to even be the parent of some of the forum goers here. I used to draw more when I was younger, and I've kinda picked it up again. I can do it while listening to baseball games or Youtube. My son's started drawing with crayons, so I can draw mine while he draws his. I hate to say "back in my day", but there's a lot of drawing programs available now that simply weren't around when I was a kid. GIMP is okay for coloring and making minor changes, but for things like shadows, it either doesn't have that feature, or I can't figure it out.

I've always wanted to have a big family, and I can take comfort in the fact that at least I didn't stick my children to grow up parentless in the Babyrealm.

Edited by Rezzy

GIMP? I've never used it so I don't know if it has any devoted shading tools or you have to do it the old way, but if you get your hands on Sai or Photoshop (I'm not saying where you can get one for free, das illegal, sorry.) they have brushes specially made to darken and lighten areas with many textures and the ability to alter the opacity of your layers is a great tool. Ah, the Babyrealm really does sound bad, but I've never played Fates to really know much about it.

I went ahead and made my avatar more true to life by adding freckles.

rettUNJ.png?1Q7K8emu.png?2

What does everybody think?

As per suggested, I draw a Natalia from Tales of the Abyss. I decided to go with a profile view. For some reason, it gives my an Egyptian vibe, and she looks like she has bedroom eyes, but it's okay. I might give it another go if I get artist's block for new things.

4pnK9Nk.png?1

As always, feedback is always appreciated.

Edited by Rezzy

Here is one of Richard from Tales of Graces, my favorite blond prince! I really like this one, I think it turned out well.

ZmbUnKX.png?1

Feedback of any sort is always nice.

Today, Rezzy tries to draw a bit more realistically.

Limstella of FE7

E6CKBvW.jpg?1

I decided not to color this one in. My scanner cannot pick up colored pencil at all, and the flat coloring of GIMP wouldn't suit it well. Feedback is appreciated, as always.

...Er, is it bad that I first thought this was Hilda from Zelda: A Link Between Worlds? xP (though I noticed the hair, circlet, and face before the shirt collar and such)

But I think it's an improvement over your other stuff! The facial features are placed better, imo. But the neck is a bit wide. It's the only glaring flaw I see though.

...Er, is it bad that I first thought this was Hilda from Zelda: A Link Between Worlds? xP (though I noticed the hair, circlet, and face before the shirt collar and such)

But I think it's an improvement over your other stuff! The facial features are placed better, imo. But the neck is a bit wide. It's the only glaring flaw I see though.

Thanks, I've been experimenting with different styles. I think I'll switch between this and my cartoony style.

I guess it does look a bit like Hilda. When you start turning originally cartoony characters into a different style, it can be hard to keep them readily identifiable without labeling them.

I return to the cartoony style for Rita Mordio from Tales of Vesperia. I rather like this one.

WKsd2fW.png?1

[spoiler=Big Version]

zPgPl7i.png?2

Feedback is always appreciated.

Edited by Rezzy

Your style works really well on Garon FSR. Think you'd be interested in attempting to draw Gharnef? :P:

Thanks!

I could give it a shot when I het the chance.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what's FSR?

Edited by Rezzy

You would be an amazing comic book artist, I seriously love these drawings, they're simplistic, yet full of character.

Thanks! That really means a lot to me; it's nice to have people enjoy my art.

I've got Gharnef in the queue for now, after that, who knows?

I'm willing to entertain requests, as long as I'm confident I can produce something halfway decent. Not a request, but I tried drawing Forrest, and I just can't seem to make him look right. His hair is a nightmare.

Thanks!

I could give it a shot when I het the chance.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what's FSR?

FSR = for some reason.

I don't type it out 'cause I'm lazy.

I'll do requests one at a time. :P: