Rezzy

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's Kim Possible e.e

It's a couple pages back.

[spoiler=Someone requested a Kim Possible drawing]Fo6lmvb.png?1

Your style works well for Kim Possible. Gharnef looks pretty good too.

Looks like you are improving a bit here as well.

Do you freehand, or draw skeletons for your poses/characters?

Thanks! I freehand with pencil, then scan it to color it in. I used to use colored pencil for the coloring, but my scanner doesn't pick it up well, so I just use GIMP for coloring now. It looks more flat, but transfers better digitally.

I kinda started drawing again after a really long gap. I used to draw more back when I was a teenager, but hadn't done much until recently.

Yep. You do evil old men really well.

Thanks, perhaps I've found my calling. I think being slightly asymmetrical actually helps, when they're meant to be ugly.

I'll have to think of what to draw next, once I've gotten a new eraser. My son ate my old one.

...I've heard of kids eating paste and pencils, but never erasers. o.O

But yeah, you do evil dudes pretty well!

Thanks!

I think he likes them, because they're nice and rubbery and probably feel good when he's teething.

Edited by Rezzy

I'm thinking of adding this or something similar to my sig, but I'd have to figure out how to make a second column or something, so it doesn't go over the maximum pixel height.

K5RushR.jpg?3

Could always reduce the overall size, but a bit of a crop would still keep the art imo.

That would be one way, if I could figure out a way to add a second column to the sig, I could add the picture without shrinking it too much, though.

Thanks!

I think he likes them, because they're nice and rubbery and probably feel good when he's teething.

No prob, but didn't you get him a teething ring or something for that? :P

No prob, but didn't you get him a teething ring or something for that? :P

Oh, he's got several teething accessories. I think he just likes my erasers, since he sees me using them all the time. I'm a dork, but I actually have an eraser collection that I've had for over 20 years, and Leo's destroyed a few of them. Although I've learned that a couple decades will make the erasers hard and unusable anyway.

[spoiler=Leo's latest victim]tFldTUE.jpg?1

Oh, I see. lol And wow, 20 year old erasers. I never would've thought. o.o

Yeah, I'm weird like that. I collect things. When I get stuff like erasers, I like to get some to use, and some to hold on to for posterity. It's probably some manifestation of my OCD. I tend to do it for clothes, too. Not real expensive stuff, I just like having doubles or back ups of things. When I buy notebooks, I like to buy them in bulk, and when they come in multiple colors, like green, blue, purple, etc, I like to keep at least one empty one for my collection.

I've got lots of weird collections; it's a good thing I don't have expensive tastes. I've been accused of being a pack rat.

Wow, I just hope you don't outright hoard stuff, because that can be really really bad. I've seen it on TV in shows about hoarders and what their awful habit has done to them. Be careful!

Admittedly, I sometimes have a hard time getting rid of things myself, but I still can force myself to do it when necessary.

I don't think I'm quite to "Hoarders" level, collecting things is just a coping mechanism for me to a degree. After the horrible day I had today, I'm feeling myself go back to the mindset I had as a kid. Being in such a terrible mood, I don't much feel like drawing, but I do feel like story time.

Here's a few items from my eraser/pencil accessory collections, most of them pretty old. A lot of the pieces I've held onto have a story associated with them.

xsoTNxA.jpg?1

The multicolored erasers on the left are probably the oldest of my collection, and I remember exactly when I got them. They were from the Yikes brand, which I'm not sure if it's still around. I was 8 years old in the second grade late August/early September 1994. At that age, I was pretty socially awkward. Okay, severely socially awkward. I was held back in kindergarten because I was pretty much socially retarded, and I didn't express myself well, even though I tested in the 99th percentile in pretty much every area intelligence wise. For my first couple years of grade school, I had pretty much no friends. I was later diagnosed with bona fide OCD.

One day, I needed an eraser, but didn't have one, so a girl gave me one of hers. That evening I got a pack of erasers and gave her one, keeping the other two for myself. She was a good friend, but unfortunately, she died a few years ago, so it's nice to have something to remember, not just her, but how I used to be. I'm much better and communicating now, but large crowds still stress me out, and I've had to work very hard to keep my social interaction skills where they are. It didn't come naturally, but I've come a long way.

The others have happier stories, the robot and spaceship erasers are from a book fair when I first got the Chronicles of Narnia books. The ones on the right are an example of me getting multiple packs of erasers, to keep some as backup and/or pristine in the original packaging. They are among the fabled 20 year old erasers.

Wow, that's a really interesting story. I'm sorry you lost your friend though. :( It sounds like she was far too young!

And I sorta know how you feel. I hardly ever had any friends in school either, because of being autistic. I'm better at socializing these days than I used to be, but it's still problematic for me and likely always will be. Autism/Asperger's isn't a disease with treatments or cures or anything. It's a developmental disorder. We just need a little extra guidance and help compared to other people. It's never really easy to cope with though. It often feels like only other autistic people/Aspies really understand us for obvious reasons, and other people just brand us as rude or immature or something. Even if those things are technically true. But we normally don't mean to be any of those things and don't realize we are, we just want to improve and be accepted, that's all.

Btw, I think the crayon and happy face erasers are the cutest things in that pic!

Edited by Anacybele

If you want to use your self-portrait as your sig, why not move the Fates info into your About Me page? Then, you can put a note in your sig about it, kind of like how I've got mine set up.

Gny4a01.png?1

Whoever you are, thank you for this, it made me lol for some reason. Your drawing style is quite entertaining, it reminds me a bit of a slightly less wacky Deathbulge without the darkish pastel thing. And generally it gives off a merry vibe. (I always liked Deathbulge's wacky style so it works fine for me. )

Wow, that's a really interesting story. I'm sorry you lost your friend though. :( It sounds like she was far too young!

And I sorta know how you feel. I hardly ever had any friends in school either, because of being autistic. I'm better at socializing these days than I used to be, but it's still problematic for me and likely always will be. Autism/Asperger's isn't a disease with treatments or cures or anything. It's a developmental disorder. We just need a little extra guidance and help compared to other people. It's never really easy to cope with though. It often feels like only other autistic people/Aspies really understand us for obvious reasons, and other people just brand us as rude or immature or something. Even if those things are technically true. But we normally don't mean to be any of those things and don't realize we are, we just want to improve and be accepted, that's all.

Btw, I think the crayon and happy face erasers are the cutest things in that pic!

Thanks, I've got a cousin who's autism spectrum, so I've got some experience interacting, but am by no means an expert.

Yeah, I've got all sorts of novelty erasers that I've collected over the years. I never use them for actual erasing, unless I've got an identical one to hold onto.

If you want to use your self-portrait as your sig, why not move the Fates info into your About Me page? Then, you can put a note in your sig about it, kind of like how I've got mine set up.

There's an idea. I think I'll do something like that once I've got the time. Right now I should really be packing for my move.

Whoever you are, thank you for this, it made me lol for some reason. Your drawing style is quite entertaining, it reminds me a bit of a slightly less wacky Deathbulge without the darkish pastel thing. And generally it gives off a merry vibe. (I always liked Deathbulge's wacky style so it works fine for me. )

You are quite welcome! It's nice to see someone get a chuckle out of my work. I'll have to look up Deathbulge, I'm not familiar with them. My style's just sort of the way I've drawn since I was a kid. I'm a bit rusty, but my style in recent weeks looks more similar to when I was drawing more regularly as a kid.

Random Observation: It looks like 90% of the art producers in this subforum are either female or undisclosed. It's a small sample size and probably meaningless in the long scheme of things, but just an interesting observation.

Edited by Rezzy

You are quite welcome! It's nice to see someone get a chuckle out of my work. I'll have to look up Deathbulge, I'm not familiar with them. My style's just sort of the way I've drawn since I was a kid. I'm a bit rusty, but my style in recent weeks looks more similar to when I was drawing more regularly as a kid.

Random Observation: It looks like 90% of the art producers in this subforum are either female or undisclosed. It's a small sample size and probably meaningless in the long scheme of things, but just an interesting observation.

Just clarifying something, your art is nothing like Deathbluge's , it only reminds me of it because of how it instantly gives off a particular vibe. Can't really explain it, but I often make these comparisons that nobody else understands... Though you may want to take whatever I say with the knowledge that I have no artistic talent whatsoever. And whatever your style, as long as you have fun nothing else matters, fundamentally. People enjoying it is a bonus, surely nice, but a bonus. (that some people don't even seek, I always thought my brother had some talent, but he never tries to share it in any way).

Anyway, heres a random deathbulge comic I liked: http://deathbulge.com/comics/317

About your observation, irl I also think I found slightly more females into drawing, but slightly more males into music for instance. Neuroscientists may one day find the explanation...if there is one.

Just clarifying something, your art is nothing like Deathbluge's , it only reminds me of it because of how it instantly gives off a particular vibe. Can't really explain it, but I often make these comparisons that nobody else understands... Though you may want to take whatever I say with the knowledge that I have no artistic talent whatsoever. And whatever your style, as long as you have fun nothing else matters, fundamentally. People enjoying it is a bonus, surely nice, but a bonus. (that some people don't even seek, I always thought my brother had some talent, but he never tries to share it in any way).

Anyway, heres a random deathbulge comic I liked: http://deathbulge.com/comics/317

About your observation, irl I also think I found slightly more females into drawing, but slightly more males into music for instance. Neuroscientists may one day find the explanation...if there is one.

That's fine, I think I sort of know what you mean. Sometimes our brains make weird connections that are hard to explain. I for instance, often imagine words or names as colors. For instance, I think of my name (Rachel) as a "red" name, even though I'm not even a big fan of red, I'd say orange or blue is my favorite color, and I see my middle name of Ann as "yellow". It makes no real sense, and I couldn't tell you why, it's just something my brain does.

I find neuroscience and gender psychology fascinating, although I'm not the most typical example of femininity, although I can't sing to save my life, so maybe I fit there. Whenever I take the Myers-Briggs personality test, I get INTJ, which is the most rare female type, but I'm just a weirdo in general.

I think I'll try to do a better Soren for my next project, although the next few days will be pretty busy.

Oooh, Rezzy, these are all super neat, I love erasers and honestly, I'm in seventh grade, but I barely remember fifth, let alone second. Sad to hear about your friend, but there's a saying that says that a person truly dies only when they're forgotten and with a person like you, I doubt she'll be forgotten.

Regarding associations, I'm absolutely the same and last time I got INFP, but I definitely have traits from the the Analyst group as well.