Rezzy

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Izana looks like he is having a blast. If you use a tablet though, I want to know how you got your lines to move the way you want them to be because I am jealous. The curliness on Izana looked unintentional, but the mug looks spot on.

Thanks, I'll type more when not on mobile. For the mug, drawing lines that are 100% straight, is actually easy, since you can select two points to draw a straight line between, but most things, especially on people won't be totally straight, so you can't use it too much.

For the overall smudginess, I think photo bucket did something weird where it shrank the image, then blew it up again, giving it this weird resolution.

I'll try to talk about more specifics about my art style when I get the chance, unless you had a specific question I could answer for you.

FOr the waviness of the lines for Izana, for (long/most) hair and clothing, I like to have a subtle waviness to it, so I don't mind it there, my skin and other things that should be straight, I've been trying to limit the waviness, although it can be tough getting used to drawing on a pad.

Glad to hear you like it.

I'll try to color them in, once I've got them arranged, and I'm in a coloring mood.

Well, I took a little mental break from everything today and drew a Titania. This is a rough draft, so to speak, since I still need to touch up the color and a few things, but I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to do that.

I'll post the shaded version once I get a chance to do that.

FETitaniaColor_zpshpvknu25.png

Any and all feedback is always appreciated!

Oh wow! She looks beautiful!

Why thank you! I sort of cheated and did a bust-only this time, but whole bodies take quite a while, and I wanted to be able to at least get the line art done tonight.

I might paste this onto a full body drawing some day, but I think it's turning out well so far.

Edited by Rezzy

Lips a bit too pink - *Looks like a slut?*-... I must say, I liked the first version better.

Also, makes me remember, dunno why but I don't like Titania as a character much. She's a pretty classy redhead so I don't think it's her design at least, and she's badass... why then? Maybe because of stats or horse gameplay in RD....

Lips a bit too pink - *Looks like a slut?*-... I must say, I liked the first version better.

Also, makes me remember, dunno why but I don't like Titania as a character much. She's a pretty classy redhead so I don't think it's her design at least, and she's badass... why then? Maybe because of stats or horse gameplay in RD....

Thanks, I can see what you mean, I actually decided against giving her eye shadow. I may try a different shade for the lips, since I wanted to give her something there.

Maybe you just don't like Jeigans, since she's probably one of the better Paladins in RD.

Here's a more subdued lip shade.

FETitaniaShade2_zpsgfb24l7r.png

Feedback is always appreciated!

Edited by Rezzy

My favorite Titania is the one with no make up personally (probably because I don't use make up haha) She's goregous :D It helps that she's a red head

Too be honest, I almost never wear make-up or anything either, so I'm not that good at it. I'm still trying to get the shading down, so I've just been trying different things to see what looks nice. I'm sooo tempted to work on drawing some more today, but I'm behind on paperwork.

Glad to hear you like redheads, so do I. Maybe it's just narcissism on my part, but my hair's a bit between blonde and red, and those are my two favorite hair colors. Unnatural anime colored hair isn't a deal breaker for me, but I definitely prefer natural colors for hair.

The softer pink is better indeed. I think I still liked the original most (the shading in the hair makes a sweet effect though)

I feel like I should try to find some of my so called """decent""" scribbles, that way you'd know that even though I like art (and criticizing) I have no talent whatsoever ...I could cheat and show my brother's drawings tho...Anyway I guess I'm trying to say, take my feedback not too seriously in case I haven't said it.

And yeah I rarely use Jaegen types, I prefer units I make evolve myself...Of all the horse-mounted units in RD I only liked Oscar I believe. (and even then, the fact they can't climb makes me not want to use them at all). I guess the two exceptions are Camilla from Fates and Seth from Sacred Stones (since you can farm outside of story probably, not too high starting level and decent growths)

The softer pink is better indeed. I think I still liked the original most (the shading in the hair makes a sweet effect though)

I feel like I should try to find some of my so called """decent""" scribbles, that way you'd know that even though I like art (and criticizing) I have no talent whatsoever ...I could cheat and show my brother's drawings tho...Anyway I guess I'm trying to say, take my feedback not too seriously in case I haven't said it.

And yeah I rarely use Jaegen types, I prefer units I make evolve myself...Of all the horse-mounted units in RD I only liked Oscar I believe. (and even then, the fact they can't climb makes me not want to use them at all). I guess the two exceptions are Camilla from Fates and Seth from Sacred Stones (since you can farm outside of story probably, not too high starting level and decent growths)

Yeah, I usually stop at just coloring without shading, so I'm not that great at shading yet. I tend to use Jeigan types sparingly myself, but I like a few of them from a character standpoint.

Yeah, I like the non-makeup version too. She looks good. You know what, you've inspired me. I'm going to actually be more serious about trying to improve with my drawings.

Why thank you! I might try working on another drawing tonight.

I'm trying to figure out how to move the images around on my Izana, Yukimura, Zola drawing, but it's proving tougher than I thought.

You're definitely inspiring; I'm seeing huuuge improvements in your drawings!

Thank you! You make me really want to draw some more, but it's so hard to find time lately, between work and family stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I've ever said so, but if anyone ever wants to post my art anywhere, feel free to do so as long as you credit me, and please send me a PM or something, letting me know that you're doing it.

After this week, a thing for work that has been taking far too much of my time will be over, at least for a while hopefully, so I hope to get to drawing more, soon.

• 2 months later...

Geez, has it really been 3 months since I've had a chance to draw anything? Stupid life, getting in the way, making me busy.

My house and yard were coated in a sheet of ice today, so I just stayed home today and got to draw a little bit. I hope I haven't gotten too rusty, considering I haven't been able to practice much lately.

Here's a Fiora, I've been meaning to do for a few months, now.

FioraBust_zpssyqiyazv.png

This is part of a bigger full-body that I intend to finish eventually, if I can. Plus, maybe some shading, if I can.

Feedback is always appreciated.

Aw, that's cute! I don't care for Espeon, but I do like Umbreon a lot. ^^ Espeon's head seems to be a lot bigger than Umbreon's, but that's the only big flaw I see here.

I had posted something new a couple days ago in my thread as well, Rezzy, if you're interested since you started commenting on my stuff before. You don't have to see it if you don't want to, of course, just saying. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, Umbreon's head wound up smaller than intended, since I was trying to make it have it's head under Espeon's. Doing two characters instead of one makes scaling more of a thing to keep in mind. I wouldn't mind Umbreon being smaller overall, since I imagine there's a bit of variation in size overall, but I may fix the head if I have time.

Thanks for the feedback

EDIT: I also drew Fiora yesterday, that I hope to finish soon.

Edited by Rezzy

New stuff is nice, the espeon is adorable, the umbreon looks kinda high?

The Espeon seems bigger then the Umbreon xD

Pretty much everyone ship Espon and Umbreon too

Hem... people have "ships" on pokemon? I knew about the gardevoir thing but this is news