Rezzy

On 11/16/2017 at 4:59 PM, Natalie said:

Aww adorable, Rezzy! The turquoise background is such a nice shade against the Pokemon~

Also, I seem to have missed a lot while I was away.

I'm agreeing with my robot wife here. We can both admire the beauty of speedo Camus together, thank you!

Why thank you!  I try to pick a color that contrasts well with the rest of the picture, but I guess some pictures have more luck than others.

Many of the drawings I had on Photobucket got eaten when they decided to take away free hosting, so I've been trying to pick some of the better ones for when I feel like switching up avatars.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my gosh, chibi/paper!Titania looks both sexy and adorable! Are you going to do more custom chibi-sprites for FE Heroes?

A bit of a shame that Photobucket decided to kick the bucket for free image uploads (Oh yes, the pun is totally intended!); because full-scale Nolan and Titania both look cool; Nolan in particular reminds me of the medieval middle-aged bad-ass warriors seen in many movies.

Edited by henrymidfields

15 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

Oh my gosh, chibi/paper!Titania looks both sexy and adorable! Are you going to do more custom chibi-sprites for FE Heroes?

A bit of a shame that Photobucket decided to kick the bucket for free image uploads (Oh yes, the pun is totally intended!); because full-scale Nolan and Titania both look cool; Nolan in particular reminds me of the medieval middle-aged bad-ass warriors seen in many movies.

Thanks!  I do plan to do more chibis when I have the time, but finding the time is always the big question.  I'd also like to do more drawn art, but that takes even longer, unfortunately.

• 10 months later...

Wow, it's been almost a year since I added anything here.

I had some time today and felt like drawing.  I tried doing a sketch of Calill from Tellius.

bmxyUCZ.jpg?1

1 minute ago, SullyMcGully said:

She looks great Rezzy! It's nice to see your work again!

Why thank you!  I'd like to do some more drawing again soon.  Pencil sketches don't take all that long, so I might stick with those.

12 hours ago, Julius Nepos said:

I have been waiting to see some Rezzy art again.

I'm not disappointed!

I'm glad you approve.  Now if only I can find time to work on my Ironman.

• 11 months later...

I think more than how "good" and how "bad" a drawing is very moot where tech is concerned. I mean with hand drawn, there's a lot more layers of technique, medium, etc. 

Computer drawing is extremely mouse precise.

There is a program on 

www.hamsterrepublic.com

(yes that's an actual site)

iIt is predominant game sprite creation but the ability to use a keyboard in tandem with a mouse where spacebar is your keyboard "click"  and easy palette swapping  can lend itself to some really lend itself to some very detailed digital art if you can screenshot it.

Map mode is where things get really interesting because they abandon palette in favor of tile slowing for very colorful and beautiful mosaics where you can put intimate details into individual titles to make some really lush grass, waters, etc.

I think the most important thing is consistency which is the big positive I see here. There's a distinct style and flair that stays across each image overall and my only "negative" critique would be that shading would be a game changer in terms of upping your game but that's a matter of your stylistic goals  vs. realism.

Also... Soren fanboy here when you get around to it!

36 minutes ago, Dr. C said:

I think more than how "good" and how "bad" a drawing is very moot where tech is concerned. I mean with hand drawn, there's a lot more layers of technique, medium, etc. 

Computer drawing is extremely mouse precise.

There is a program on 

www.hamsterrepublic.com

(yes that's an actual site)

iIt is predominant game sprite creation but the ability to use a keyboard in tandem with a mouse where spacebar is your keyboard "click"  and easy palette swapping  can lend itself to some really lend itself to some very detailed digital art if you can screenshot it.

Map mode is where things get really interesting because they abandon palette in favor of tile slowing for very colorful and beautiful mosaics where you can put intimate details into individual titles to make some really lush grass, waters, etc.

I think the most important thing is consistency which is the big positive I see here. There's a distinct style and flair that stays across each image overall and my only "negative" critique would be that shading would be a game changer in terms of upping your game but that's a matter of your stylistic goals  vs. realism.

Also... Soren fanboy here when you get around to it!

Thanks for checking it out! Sadly, it looks like something ate my most recent pic, which was probably my best. My early stuff was pretty cringy.  I'll have to try to reupload Calill at least.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

@Dr. C since you were interested, here's the most recent thing I drew, but looking back, it was still a year ago.  It's been a busy year.

bGWcmI6.jpg

Edit: This is a nice picture! Even without color I guessed Calilll before reading above posts so that should tell you something.! 

Edited by Dr. C