Rezzy

Hem... people have "ships" on pokemon? I knew about the gardevoir thing but this is news

If by the ''gardevoir thing'' you mean the pictures that you can find on google image, then no it's not the same thing.

It's just that both Espeon and Umbreon came out at the same time and since Espeon looks a lot more elegant and feminine while Umbreon looking scarier, cool and look more like a male.

It's not really a ''ship''. It's just that a lot of people like them and like to draw both pokémon together since they go so well with each other.

Even Nitendo made a joke and reference about it in Super Mystery Dungeon:

​Flareon: Welcome to my base! Here are my friends: Espeon and Umbreon. Don't mind them, they prefer to ''play'' with each other rather with someone else.

Espeon: Oh!

Umbreon: That... That's not true!

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Gardevoir, but unfortunately, it has a certain reputation in fan art.

I like the Eeveelutions, except Sylveon. Even though Eevee is overwhelmingly male, about half lean feminine looking.

Vaporeon: leans feminine looking

Jolteon: leans masculine looking

Flareon: neutral looking

Espeon: leans female

Umbreon: leans male

Glaceon: leans female

Leafeon: neutral

Sylveon: looks very female

I've realized that my Umbreon looks like a rabbit, here.

Edited by Rezzy

Oh well I like most of them too, and they even go well gameplay wise since their stats are complimentary (though espeon much better to burst through everything with psychic)
That joke in Mystery dungeon, I wouldn't have expected that from a pokemon game, but it's rather amusing.

In honor of the best example of motherhood in Pokemon, I thought I'd do my interpretation of Lusamine from Pokemon Sun and Moon.

6d244521-b6c7-4975-8dc2-76c4eec53b32_zps

Feedback is always appreciated!

Edited by Rezzy

Holy crap, someone kill her with fire!

Funny, but her eye looks more like a jellyfish

Thanks, that was intentional, since she's obsessed with the Nihilego.

That does look better! :)

Thanks, I'm dying from the flu right now, but trying to do some drawing. Need to think if I want to work on something new, or work on finishing one of my old things.

Edited by Rezzy

Thanks, I'm dying from the flu right now, but trying to do some drawing. Need to think if I want to work on something new, or work on finishing one of my old things.

Oh, man, that stinks. :( Stay away from your kids, even if they've been vaccinated! There are tons of different kinds of flu out there and the flu can be very bad for little kids and babies. I actually know from experience. I was hospitalized when I was 4/5 for a stomach flu.

Edited by Anacybele

Looks a lot better! Espeon's expression is super cute~

Thanks, I've been going to my backlog of pictures I wanted to fix today.

Oh, man, that stinks. :( Stay away from your kids, even if they've been vaccinated! There are tons of different kinds of flu out there and the flu can be very bad for little kids and babies. I actually know from experience. I was hospitalized when I was 4/5 for a stomach flu.

Ah, Leo's the one who got me sick in the first place. I was the last one in my family to finally succumb to illness.

Much better now, Umbreon with its smug face is priceless.

Also, good recovery

Thanks, smug Umbreon approves.

Back to pictures I've been meaning to finish, here's a colored in version of Yukimura with some rudimentary shading.

b3aa9b6c-cdfb-4873-8513-6a96237ddd51_zps

The only thing that really sticks out that kind of bothers me is his ear. Here's an easy tutorial and reference to how ears look in real life:

facial_reference__the_ears_by_cgcookie-d

If you want to draw less realistic and detailed ears, here is another good example:

aee3cad06f727fc7b80e4baa41684816.jpg

I call this learning tool the Triple R: References, references, and references.

Edited by carefreejules

Ah, Leo's the one who got me sick in the first place. I was the last one in my family to finally succumb to illness.

You mean even including Est? That's no good. :(

But that's a nice Yukimura! But yeah, what carefreejules said about the ear, plus the ponytail looks crooked. Otherwise nice. :)

Though that way of drawing the ear that carefreejules shared is actually new to me. :P

In honor of my mortgage and student loans, I thought I'd draw my favorite contract maker.

Kyubey_zps2dryajg3.png

The only thing that really sticks out that kind of bothers me is his ear. Here's an easy tutorial and reference to how ears look in real life:

facial_reference__the_ears_by_cgcookie-d

If you want to draw less realistic and detailed ears, here is another good example:

aee3cad06f727fc7b80e4baa41684816.jpg

I call this learning tool the Triple R: References, references, and references.

Thanks, I'll have to tinker with the ear, if I get a chance.

You mean even including Est? That's no good. :(

But that's a nice Yukimura! But yeah, what carefreejules said about the ear, plus the ponytail looks crooked. Otherwise nice. :)

Though that way of drawing the ear that carefreejules shared is actually new to me. :P

Est was spared the worst of it, I think, but she's been warm the past couple days and a bit cranky.

Edited by Rezzy

Est was spared the worst of it, I think, but she's been warm the past couple days and a bit cranky.

Well, at least the kids were okay enough not to have to go to the hospital like I did! :P

Oh boy, I really to get on this anime, one day.

I also very love the Espeon's facial expression

Thanks! I'm a bit behind, as I've only seen the original series, though, and not the subsequent stuff.

Well, at least the kids were okay enough not to have to go to the hospital like I did! :P

Yeah, at least her little immune system will get some experience.

Yeah, at least her little immune system will get some experience.

Level up! Est is now level 2!

Def +1

Res +2

Etc etc. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I went back and made his tail less fat. Tails are hard.

Kyubey2_zps7ngjlzje.png

Feedback is appreciated, as always!

​I think you meant Rez(zy) Tank

I guess that's where she got the great growth from.

Oh sh- I'll now have a lifetime of misery ahead of me :P

He's pretty well-done, too! ^^

Thanks, referring to Kyubey or Yukimura? I think I've got to draw more today than the last few months combined. Edited by Rezzy

I went back and made his tail less fat. Tails are hard.

Kyubey2_zps7ngjlzje.png

I guess that's where she got the great growth from.

Thanks, referring to Kyubey or Yukimura? I think I've got to draw more today than the last few months combined.

Kyubey ;)