It's not cancer!!

Emeraldrox

So, last week we found a large lump on my dog. A very large lump. Having just lost my grandma to cancer, and having a bad spell of terrible luck, we had a feeling it was cancer. Today, we went to the vet. The good news? ITS NOT CANCER!!! He had an infected cyst of some kind that the vet drained. It cost $100 that we don't really have right now, but it's worth it to have my little buddy safe and healthy.

The bad news? This little butterball now weighs 17 and a half pounds, gaining a pound and a half from his last month's visit. He's a toy poodle. A very obese toy poodle.

If anyone is generous and wants to help with the bill, my twitter/twitch have links to a site you can donate from, but I'm just adding this here, I don't really expect anyone here to donate. I'm just so happy it's not cancer.

I'm so sorry that image posted sideways. I'm on my phone and camera orientations are dumb.

post-23848-0-30002500-1463699971_thumb.jpg

post-23848-0-38255600-1463700036_thumb.jpg

post-23848-0-18640700-1463700150_thumb.jpg

Edited by Emeraldrox

I'm glad it's not cancer, but it sounds like your dog had an abscess, which could be just as bad, if there's an infection elsewhere.

Where was the abscess? Unfortunately, I see a lot of them, and depending on which tissue has become infected, it can be very difficult to treat. Is your dog diabetic? In people, it often goes hand in hand with obesity, and diabetes makes one more susceptible to infections.

Unless you've cleared it with someone (preferably an admin or three), solicitation is generally frowned upon. However, I haven't deleted this outright because it's not the entire point of the thread.

Also, you can post your stuff to somewhere like imgur and link it back here.

Wow, I'm glad for you. It's great to know that your dog didn't have cancer! I lost my dog to cancer in March and it was fairly sudden. And I also lost a grandma to cancer back in 2013. So yeah, awesome that your doggy is going to be fine. :)

Edited by Anacybele

I'm glad it's not cancer, but it sounds like your dog had an abscess, which could be just as bad, if there's an infection elsewhere.

Where was the abscess? Unfortunately, I see a lot of them, and depending on which tissue has become infected, it can be very difficult to treat. Is your dog diabetic? In people, it often goes hand in hand with obesity, and diabetes makes one more susceptible to infections.

He's not diabetic. And we went to the vet, he drained the cyst (it was internal by his shoulder) and he gave us antibiotic. It's already shrunk a ton. Vet gave him a clean bill of health otherwise.

Unless you've cleared it with someone (preferably an admin or three), solicitation is generally frowned upon. However, I haven't deleted this outright because it's not the entire point of the thread.Also, you can post your stuff to somewhere like imgur and link it back here.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll remove that bit if you want. And I'll probably change the photo when I get on my PC later on.

G

So, last week we found a large lump on my dog. A very large lump. Having just lost my grandma to cancer, and having a bad spell of terrible luck, we had a feeling it was cancer. Today, we went to the vet. The good news? ITS NOT CANCER!!! He had an infected cyst of some kind that the vet drained. It cost $100 that we don't really have right now, but it's worth it to have my little buddy safe and healthy.

The bad news? This little butterball now weighs 17 and a half pounds, gaining a pound and a half from his last month's visit. He's a toy poodle. A very obese toy poodle.

If anyone is generous and wants to help with the bill, my twitter/twitch have links to a site you can donate from, but I'm just adding this here, I don't really expect anyone here to donate. I'm just so happy it's not cancer.

I'm so sorry that image posted sideways. I'm on my phone and camera orientations are dumb.

Good on you mate, I remember having to put down my Sheltie when it had a massive growth causing it much discomfort. Best of luck!

G

Good on you mate, I remember having to put down my Sheltie when it had a massive growth causing it much discomfort. Best of luck!

This wasn't really causing him discomfort, really, but more just, worrying us because we only noticed it after shaving him like a week ago, and it was about the size of a golf ball.