Least Favorite Pairings

Sequitur

Since there are so pairings in this game, obviously there are some bad ones

Since I'm bored right now, I'm wondering what sole of the worst in the game

My least favorite are

Niles X Peri

Keaton X Peri

Sophie and Kana's S-support (The rest are great)

Azama X Sakura

Corrin X Nohr siblings

Corrin X Hoshido siblings

Posted · Hidden by Balcerzak, May 21, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Balcerzak, May 21, 2016 - No reason given

Since there are so pairings in this game, obviously there are some bad ones

Since I'm bored right now, I'm wondering what sole of the worst in the game

My least favorite are

Niles X Peri

Keaton X Peri

Sophie and Kana's S-support (The rest are great)

Azama X Sakura

Corrin X Nohr siblings

Corrin X Hoshido siblings

A lot.

On a serious note, my least favorite are:

Peri x Anyone not named Laslow, Odin or Hinata

Setsuna x Saizo

Oboro x Anyone not named Benny or Silas

Hinoka x Saizo

Fem!Corrin x Odin

Orochi x Hinata/Takumi

Somewhat unrelated to the topic, but this thread got doubleposted somehow. Like this thread is showing up twice on the list of threads. Can we get a mod to fix that?

As for the actual topic, Corrin x Jakob, because I fail to see how her being the only person Jakob likes makes him any more likable, as he's still an ass to everyone else. The whole thing just reeks of cliche anime, a girl falling in love with a pretty douche. And it's not like Jakob becomes a better person from falling in love with her, he's still rude to everyone else.

Off the top of my head:

Takumi x Orochi - she takes her teasing far too far, (although she does apologize) and an S-rank seems super creepy after she's mentioned changing his diapers

Azama x Hinoka/Sakura - Azama's an ass to many of the characters, but he's outrightly abusive here.

Azama x Corrin - this is one of Azama's best supports up until the 'trick proposal' S-rank. Ruined.

Hinoka x Saizo - here, Saizo, let's bring your loyalty into question. How do you get an S-rank from all that?!

Leo x Nyx - Leo's dialogue with almost any female character apart from his sisters is pretty stilted, but the 'I see a child...' line I find especially cringeworthy.

Peri x anyone but especially Corrin - 'I'll be sure to hire extra sturdy servants so they don't die' - WTF Corrin!!!

Edited by Res

Hinoka x Saizo

Soleil x anyone (friendzoned hardcore)

Sophie x Percy

Kana x everyone that's not named Nina

Peri x anyone not named Laslow and I can tolerate her one with Hinata

Azama x a lot of people

Takumi x Felicia and Orochi

Ryoma x Camilla

Corrin x any royal sibling. No explanation needed. Especially creepy in the cases of Camilla, Sakura and Elise. I am STILL infuriated that IntSys basically thew away a promising family story for waifus and husbandos.

Azura x any royal sibling. Same as above.

Corrin x Rhajat. I wasn't interested in you when you were stalking me back in Awakening, why would I be interested in you now?

Peri x anyone not named Laslow. Her supports with everyone else are just not as good as his.

Saizo or Kaze x Hinoka. Three supports of being her mail carrier somehow leads to marriage. Way worse in regards to Saizo, though, at least Hinoka doesn't suspect Kaze of treason.

Azama x Hinoka or Sakura. He takes his jerkishness way too far here.

Subaki x Selena. This is an odd case, because while I acknowledge their supports are good, marrying Selena to a genderbent version of her mom so she can give birth to her mom is just too weird for me.

Corrin x anyone not named Azura and Azura x anyone not named Corrin, I admit they have good S-supports with other people but I just ship them together too much.

Edited by Abvora

Corn with Hoshidan sibs. Nohr sibs are uncomfortable, but not quite as weird? I dunno.

Jakob and Rinkah, no no no.

Azama with just about anyone really.

Peri and Jakob. Poor Jakob....

Corrin x both Gunter and Fuuga. Both of those are about the age of her (presumed) fathers! Gunter himself even took part in raising her. The pairing with Fuuga does make for a hilariously screwed up family though considering Rajhat will be both older then her father and have a crush on her grandmother who in turn is young enough to be her husbands daughter.

Also pairing Corrin with any of the Hosido siblings because I find it an unwelcome reminder that premise had to play second fiddle to fanservice.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Corn with Hoshidan sibs. Nohr sibs are uncomfortable, but not quite as weird? I dunno.

Jakob and Rinkah, no no no.

Azama with just about anyone really.

Peri and Jakob. Poor Jakob....

Oh yeah forgot Jakob x Rinkah. It's not as bad as the JP version but they still have better pairings.

Since people have already said Hinoka and Saizou which is definitely contender for the worst support in the game, I'll just go ahead and say Keaton and Pieri.

Pieri: "I want to kill animals!"

Keaton: "You can't!"

Pieri: "Why?"

Keaton: "Because you'd kill too many."

Pieri: "Then I want to kill humans!"

Keaton: "Lol k, wanna bang?"

Not fan of Cornbread or Azura x the sibs on principle

Cornbread x Gunther or Fuga is also weird as fuck

then again I'm not a fan of Cornbread x anyone but

Jakob/Rinkah

Silas/Hana

Azama/Kagero

all 3 of those are worse in the JP

I enjoyed Azama/Sakura's C-A just because I like that Sakura beat the shit out of him, you go girl, but I don't like them romantically

...not that I really like any Azama pair romantically except Effie

Until I thought about it, I didn't realize how many pairings in this game I didn't like.

Corrin x any of the siblings. If IntSys isn't going to respect their own premise, then I can at least try to.

Peri x anyone. Even with as decent as their support chain was I have a couple other supports of Laslow's I prefer (Orochi, f!Corrin, Azura, Hana), and all of her other supports are kind of tainted by her gimmick.

Azama x anyone. Unlike Jakob, who genuinely has some sweet supports, Azama is just too much of a dick for me to feel comfortable pairing him with anyone, but especially Hinoka, Sakura and f!Corrin.

Jakob x Corrin. Like RedRob said it's a stupid cliche, and aside from Jakob being nicer to her they have zero romantic chemistry.

Oboro x Hinata. Did we really need Cordelia x Frederick 2.0?

Selena x Tsubaki. No, sorry, you tried way too hard with this one, IntSys. Selena marrying a male version of her mother to the point where Tsubaki proposes to her with a replica of Cordelia's wedding ring is also kind of creepy in my opinion.

Ryoma x Camilla. They have no chemistry, and absolutely nothing in common except Corrin.

Takumi x Camilla. Camilla infantilizes him, Takumi can barely hold a conversation with her, and once again no chemistry.

Silas x Camilla or Elise. Silas's obsession with Corrin comes to a head in these, where he expresses what I can only read as a desire to be Corrin.

And as previously mentioned, Saizo x Hinoka, Jakob x Rinkah, and Takumi x Orochi.

Oboro and Takumi with anyone but each other. Not because I dislike any of their other romantic supports that aren't listed here, but because their chemistry is so good and their S-Support so sweet that I can never bring myself to not pair them with each other.

Two big ones would Joker/Rinka and Azama/Kagerou.

Then there is Elise with pretty much anyone besides Odin. (and even that makes me uncomfortable still)

Soleil/Forrest, although this is mostly just because of the japanese convo, but it left a bad enough taste for me to never consider pairing them (if I got my hand on another version that is) (or Soleil with anyone period)

Kamui/Hoshido AND Nohr siblings: Are you serious, game? Kamui's bond with the Hoshidan and Nohr siblings, their family bonds, is shoved in your freaking face. The fact that you're just going to contradict yourself in an utterly stupid way just for the sake of being able to marry them, especially the Hoshido siblings, is dumb. Familial and romantic affections do not work that way, and it's really insulting. On a meta level, a lot of fans of marrying siblings have basically turned the theme of two families into the theme of themselves and their waifu and husbando. Just no.

Azura/Hoshido AND Nohr siblings: Same principle as with Kamui. Azura should've been a half-sibling to the Nohrians, instead of their stepsister, and both Ryouma and Takumi treat her as if she's a sister in their supports. That familial relationship should not so easily jump to romantic just because they talked four times.

Oboro/Niles or Hinata: Granted, I'm a bit biased in that I don't like Oboro paired with anyone but Takumi, but these two really did not sit well with me. Niles and Oboro's interactions are interesting. The romance comes out of nowhere. And her C-A with Hinata is good, but fuck it's like the only pairing where she settles for her partner! Neither deserve that.

Takumi/Orochi, Camilla, Elise, Kagerou: Admittedly, I hate basically all of Takumi's non-Oboro pairings with the exception of Mozu, but I think these four just kind of annoyed me more. Orochi is quite an ass to Takumi in their supports, bringing up all these very embarrassing childhood things he doesn't want her talking about, and I think we can all relate to that. No one likes having their old childhood moments brought up to embarrass them. Camilla's support, while funny, comes off as awfully condescending. She acts like she's trying to mother him and doesn't really take him seriously in the C-A, and I think he deserves better than that. Elise is like a kid who doesn't understand marriage. She has some good supports, but the fact that she doesn't seem to know what marriage is in her Takumi support is a deal breaker. I didn't mind Kagerou so much until I caught onto the fact that she compares him to Ryouma, and let me tell you … that kind of shit REALLY fucks up the rest of your life. Considering that he's definitely heard it all his life ("why can't you be more like your brother"), the fact that Kagerou did it in the first place is probably going to always leave some doubt in his mind.

Sakura/Azama: No. Just no. Do I really need to say why? If you can make Sakura mad enough to hit you, then you should not be with her.

Saizou/Orochi: I really don't like Orochi in this one. Now, I get that she and Saizou have a history together because they've known each other longer or something, but if Orochi is trying to help him she's doing a really bad job at making it clear that she's saying this because she's worried about him. Also, didn't she threaten to tell people about something embarrassing from Saizou's youth? Even if she didn't actually tell people yet, the fact that she threatened to do so is low, especially since Saizou isn't doing anything wrong, other than being a bit dour? Saizou comes off as "leave me alone and don't threaten Lord Ryouma or Hoshido, and I am not going to bother you", and Orochi was definitely bothering him. It also really bothers me that Saizou seems to be the one who is portrayed in the "wrong" in their supports.

I know there are some others that I dislike. But I can't think of them right now.

Edited by Sunwoo

My Corrin wil never marry the Hoshido siblings. They should be his family and i'm not going to reward Is for throwing their own premise under the buss. The Nohr siblings aren't high on the list either, but thats slightly more ok.

Peri with anyone other then Arthur and Laslow. Peri/Laslow makes sense considering their support, but other then that I would think that bad luck is the only valid reason for falling in love with a mass murdering lunatic.

Leo/Nyx, Leo/Azura, Xander/Azura, Xander/Hinoka aren't high on my list either. Its not really because of the supports, but because I think their kids look bad with that hair colour.

Not fan of Cornbread or Azura x the sibs on principle

Cornbread x Gunther or Fuga is also weird as fuck

then again I'm not a fan of Cornbread x anyone but

oh god this one is so bad

like not only is the S support really awkward but the C-A supports are literally just "corn plays with her old babysitter guy for the first time in like a decade"

the B support even starts with "I'm ready to play again!" or something

i honestly feel like it's one of the absolute worst cases of an S support added because corn has to be able to marry everyone and no male and female who aren't related can have a support that just ends at A

Edited by maybe

Silas x Anyone. He is not the nice guy I thought he was... There are some supports in which he acts better but still... I only allow him to marry because of Sophie, still really feel bad for the poor girl (sorry Mozu)

Oboro x Anyone from Nohr. This is like NO! to me, I don't think she can forget so fast her trauma and hate to Nohr and I feel she is OC in the S supports with the Nohr boys. I like her interacting with them (her supports with Jacob are interescting) and learning that not everyone is bad, but marriage (specially after some days of knowing them)? Nop!... Oh, and Oboro x Azama I didn't liked it! The whole "I act like a jerk with you because I like you" made me want to punch something after reading it.

Azama x Everyone not named Effie. really Azama, stay with Effie and never leave her.

Corrin x Siblings. Same reasons than others

Takumi x Orochi and Takumi x Camilla. The S support, it's like if he only want to marry to prove that he is a man? I don't like that, and with Orochi is worst since she take care of him as a baby... I add Takumi x Kagero too, only because of localization, the japanese supports was fine, but I didn't like what localization did to it in the C support.

And there are some same gender pairings that I don't like, but they aren't possible in the game

Edited by SniperGYS

Silas x Anyone. He is not the nice guy I thought he was... There are some supports in which he acts better but still... I only allow him to marry because of Sophie, still really feel bad for the poor girl (sorry Mozu)

Oboro x Anyone from Nohr. This is like NO! to me, I don't think she can forget so fast her trauma and hate to Nohr and I feel she is OC in the S supports with the Nohr boys. I like her interacting with them (her supports with Jacob are interescting) and learning that not everyone is bad, but marriage (specially after some days of knowing them)? Nop!... Oh, and Oboro x Azama I didn't liked it! The whole "I act like a jerk with you because I like you" made me want to punch something after reading it.

Azama x Everyone not named Effie. really Azama, stay with Effie and never leave her.

Corrin x Siblings. Same reasons than others

Takumi x Orochi and Takumi x Camilla. The S support, it's like if he only want to marry to prove that he is a man? I don't like that, and with Orochi is worst since she take care of him as a baby... I add Takumi x Kagero too, only because of localization, the japanese supports was fine, but I didn't like what localization did to it in the C support.

And there are some same gender pairings that I don't like, but they aren't possible in the game

I'm currently pairing Silas and Hana since I had no one else left to pair with him. You can see Silas darker side on supports similar to Silas x Hana. Sorry Sophie, now you'll be stuck with parents who argue all the time. Silas can't be cool with everyone as I thought he would be.