Least Favorite Pairings

Sequitur

Corrin x Elise.

Yes, yes, Corrin x all siblings, I agree, but this one gets extra special fire. I've ranted about this before but it deserves to be brought up again whenever the subject comes up: incest isn't creepy because of blood or inbreeding (if it were, then same-sex incest or incest-with-birth-control wouldn't be creepy, and that ain't the case). It is creepy because of the power dynamics involved, typically someone taking advantage of a younger relative. Elise idolizes Corrin and is barely old enough to understand romantic relationships. Thus, I can't read their romantic relationship as anything other than creepy and abusive, no matter how the S support tries to sell it (I have never read that support and likely never will).

With the other siblings I can buy that everyone is old enough to understand what they are consenting to, and in the case of Sakura and Takumi those pairings are are hardly incestuous at all since they've never known Corrin as a sibling really. (Though I'm still not a fan.)

There are a few others I dislike probably (most of which have already been mentioned, like Kagero x Azama) but I don't think anything else bothers me to near that level.

Leon/Tsukuyomi/Flora/Kagerou paired with anyone but My Unit. :V I am jealous.

Other pairings I disliked:

Pieri/Lazwald, like it's sad but it doesn't excuse her insane behavior in ANY way at all, she needs to be locked up and see a shrink.

Oboro/Takumi, just so boring.

Serena/Odin, Serena/Lazwald: I hated both of those pairings in Awakening, and I hate them here.

Joker/Flora, she deserves better, he's such an ass in too many supports.

Kagero/Azama. I give credit to Treehouse for this and only a handful of other stuff, but I also have to judge them by it as well. This support was completely written over from the terrible Japanese one. But it could have been much, much better, and is a pretty boring one about ninja clothes.

Ryoma/Camilla. Such potential squandered because Corrin's ass didnt have enough kissing already. I cringe every time people bring up Corrin for no reason, especially when it doesnt fit the character. (Niles says he will cut Selena some slack because Corrin trusts her. Not her master, Camilla. Not Leo. Corrin.)

As much as I love Benny.....some of his supports are meh. Being the social butterfly he is, many of his supports have him saying very little, and uses a lot of ellipses. Also really hate how many of his support revolves around him being scary looking. Same goes with Nyx and her child body.

Oh yeah, I hadn't even known Corrin could marry Gunter or Fuga until recently. That is just disturbing. I don't know if it's worse than Corrin marrying the royal siblings.

I actually didn't know you could recruit Fuga until recently either. I never got him in my Birthright file, so... I assume I just didn't meet the requirements like I did for Yukimura and Izana.

I think special mention has to go to the original version of Corrin x Camilla. It really looks like Corrin is just saying yes in order to make Camilla stop crying. I also heard a Japanese skinship line of Camilla is that she's going to kill herself if Corrin dumps her.

Oh yeah, I hadn't even known Corrin could marry Gunter or Fuga until recently. That is just disturbing. I don't know if it's worse than Corrin marrying the royal siblings.

I actually didn't know you could recruit Fuga until recently either. I never got him in my Birthright file, so... I assume I just didn't meet the requirements like I did for Yukimura and Izana.

He's Revelations only so you didn't miss him in Birthright.

surprised to see that nobody explicitly mentioned Jakob x Camilla. MU ass kissing going on there is actually worse than Ryoma x Camilla, which has already been mentioned here few times and IMO for good reason.

though at least I suppose it's hilarious. in a bad way.

Instead of this waifu wars, have the protagonist a preset partner regardless of gender like in FE4, obviously Corrin-Azura (or gender-bended counterparts), with their children getting their extra options from their A+ Supports instead, and, for a change, get the twin Kanas instead of just the opposite sex one as the main character's kids. Every other S-support for them should vanish.

As for other characters, I hate most of Azama's supports. The one with Mozu is terrible.

Azama: After creepingly running after you, I've finally fallen for you.

Mozu: Ohhh, seeing you stalking me like a crazy wacko has made me fall in love with you too.

Are we serious? What kind of utter crap is this?

Forrest x Soleil in the Japanese version. That support was just a mess. Their English one is cute though.

Soleil x any other male for that matter. Boring friendzone crap.

Jakob x Camilla. I married them to get Dwyer and their supports were just boring. S-support wasn't very romantic and Jakob is an ass.

And an honorable mention goes to Kaze x Kagerou. ...why would you do that Kaze?

i'm surprised no one's mentioned Niles x Elise yet. I thought it was so cute from C-A, it was like Elise had another big brother or uncle-type figure in her life, and then all of a sudden it's just "when i get older i should marry someone like you bc u honest" and then "lmao well why not now" and it just!!! oh my god. it rubbed me the wrong way so badly. their dynamic was just so supportive and cute and i wanted it to stay like that but then suddenly marriage just got shoehorned in and i??? had to try not to cry. most definitely one of my very hated romantic pairings. it's so OOC on niles's part too! D:

takumi x camilla is also :\\\\ like everyone else said, she's treating him as a child and that is not a good, respectful relationship. it was better off as a comedic pair than a romantic one, which i think can be said for other pairs as well??

corrin x gunter for obvious reasons like hello grandpa let's get married

corrin x any of the hoshido and nohr siblings kinda rubs me the wrong way. some of them have good chemistry and cute supports, but just the idea of marrying someone who was raised as your sibling is just??? wrong somehow. especially corrin x elise i almost threw up a lung. nice try treehouse you're not getting me with this one

corrin x odin was basically just "stop being yourself" and it just confused me because corrin literally had no reason to love odin romantically by the end of their supports?? like he didn't do anything to warrant that feeling of her not hating him and it just fell so flat.

to a lesser degree, (it's more of a moral issue) even though laslow and fem! corrin's supports were quite romantic and well-written, i still had to begrudgingly tear myself away from the pair because i couldn't bear the thought of him needing to return to the awakening universe someday and leaving. also it just complicates the time even further, like "here's a guy from another world and also came from a different time period in that world" and oh man. what a mess.

i also like for second gen kids's relationships to stay within their own timelines and age groups o:

i also like for second gen kids's relationships to stay within their own timelines and age groups o:

Well even the game implies Rhajat is older than most other second gens in supports with her father. I'd be more worried about pairing her with MKana than with MCorrin.

Well, there's alot more terrible supports I have yet to find in this game than I thought. And here I was hating Niles x Azura for being bland.

to a lesser degree, (it's more of a moral issue) even though laslow and fem! corrin's supports were quite romantic and well-written, i still had to begrudgingly tear myself away from the pair because i couldn't bear the thought of him needing to return to the awakening universe someday and leaving. also it just complicates the time even further, like "here's a guy from another world and also came from a different time period in that world" and oh man. what a mess.

... Except that never happens. In Conquest Corrin goes with Laslow, and in Revelations he disappears for a while, then comes back and never leaves her side again.

... Except that never happens. In Conquest Corrin goes with Laslow, and in Revelations he disappears for a while, then comes back and never leaves her side again.

ohh, i wasn't aware of that! okay, that leaves a better impression to me. thanks for clearing that up! ^^

Let's see...

Corncob x Siblings. Its just really creep.

Silas x anyone except Mozu or F!Corncob. Granted I have not seen all if his supports, but he is really kind of a dick to everyone in those I've seen except for the ones above.

Oboro x everyone except Takumi, M!Cornbread, and Benny.

Pieri x Anyone except Laslow, Odin, Hinata, or Kaden. I mainly have a soft spot for the last one since it explaibs Selkie being a littlebit kill-happy, more so i the Japanese version.

While I have only seen some of his supports, so far the only one I like for Azama is with Effie of all people

Jacob x Rinkah or Felicia.

I was okay with this in Awakening since timeline shenanigans means they are not the same people born in your timeline (they are basically twins seperated by decades from their younger selves) but I am just a lowly Robin x Lucina shipper, so what do I know.

However I do agree when it comes to the hyperbolic time chamber babies, since it has an extra level if creepy when you probably met them as babies. So add Corncob x 2nd gens to my post.