The Unofficial Fates Pairing Popularity Polls

Lightchao42

Well, those are questions I would ask. If I were the army therapist, I'd also make sure Pieri was kicked out immediately, and I'd probably try talking to Camilla about her desire to bone her sibling. Speaking of said sibling, I'd ask them about their strange decision to go back to a country ruled by a man that tried murdering them twice and serve his every whim, even if it includes invading an entire nation. That's the decision of someone with deeply rooted psychological issues.

why do people insist CQ!Corrin is the only Corrin

Come to think of it, every Fire Emblem game has characters deeply in need of a therapist. FE7 alone has nearly as many as Fates.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shared character poll was tainted by filthy eugenics. You can tell because Mozu is so high for Kaze lmao. Their supports were terrible. At least he'll have a belly full of hearty meals at all times. No idea why Silas and Mozu are so high too.

Glad Azura and Kaze ranked so high though. Their S support was one of the cutest things to grace my eyeballs. Wish the MU's S support was that good. -sobs-

I'm trying to ignore some of the spoilers being tossed around above this. Lol.

I actually think many of the characters are remarkably emotionally healthy given all they've gone through. I'd expect to see more dysfunction than we're presented with. Not to say they don't have issues, of course. There's an interesting selection of characters - some are incredibly well-written and complex given the limits of the game/supports, while others are caricatures I can't imagine actually existing. Takumi, Azura and Mozu are three on that list that come across as quite ordinary to me.

Takumi has self-esteem/loathing issues coming out the arse and has horrible nightmares, Azura seems to have an ungodly mix of avoidant and schizoid personality disorders and Mozu had everyone in her village killed by Shrek's evil twin brothers. I wouldn't put them as high as Reina, Camilla, Peri and Niles, but they'd definitely need help imo.

why do people insist CQ!Corrin is the only Corrin

Come to think of it, every Fire Emblem game has characters deeply in need of a therapist. FE7 alone has nearly as many as Fates.

Instead of 'count the sheep', it should be 'count the FE characters who need therapy'. If we include the NPCs, you could make a list of 100+ characters!

Edited by Phillius

Takumi has self-esteem/loathing issues coming out the arse and has horrible nightmares, Azura seems to have an ungodly mix of avoidant and schizoid personality disorders and Mozu had everyone in her village killed by Shrek's evil twin brothers. I wouldn't put them as high as Reina, Camilla, Peri and Niles, but they'd definitely need help!

Yeah, Takumi and Azura don't seem anything out of the ordinary to me and I don't have their horrible backgrounds as an excuse. Reading Takumi's supports with Sakura/Hinoka, for example, was like 'shit who placed a camera in my home' - I swear I had almost the exact same conversation he has with Sakura about a week before I played the game. If anything I think he displays a fair amount o f confidence in some of his supports (standing up to Jakob, handling the kid in Azura's support, etc.)

Mozu would definitely need counseling after what she's been through but you wouldn't know it from her supports.

I am curious to know why XanderxCharolette is so popular. Is not that i think its bad but i am just curious why (granted, i haven't read the support yet).

I am curious to know why XanderxCharolette is so popular. Is not that i think its bad but i am just curious why (granted, i haven't read the support yet).

The supports are definitely a thing--especially the JP supports. The English supports are still pretty good, mind, but the JP S support was very heartfelt and emotional.

The other is that Xander's battle performance skyrockets into godhood with her on his back

Anyway I like both Xander/Charlotte and Xander/Hinoka, and Leo/Sakura so

\o/ bless

Edited by Thor Odinson

Yeah, Takumi and Azura don't seem anything out of the ordinary to me and I don't have their horrible backgrounds as an excuse. Reading Takumi's supports with Sakura/Hinoka, for example, was like 'shit who placed a camera in my home' - I swear I had almost the exact same conversation he has with Sakura about a week before I played the game. If anything I think he displays a fair amount o f confidence in some of his supports (standing up to Jakob, handling the kid in Azura's support, etc.)

Avoidant Personality Disorder symptoms include:

-Sensitivity to rejection, ridicule and negative criticism

-Self-isolation

-Low self-esteem

-Distrust of others

-Shyness in social situations despite a strong desire to be close to others

-Emotional distancing and troubles related to intimacy

Hmm, I wonder who that sounds like? Sarcasm aside, therapy isn't just for people with crippling dysfunctions.

How did this thread turn into a discussion of who needs therapy anyway? Maybe I should make another thread devoted to that topic...

Anyway, here are the results to the Nohrian bachelors poll.

Because derailing is fun! pls no ban

The supports are definitely a thing--especially the JP supports. The English supports are still pretty good, mind, but the JP S support was very heartfelt and emotional.

The other is that Xander's battle performance skyrockets into godhood with her on his back

Basically this. It combines good support with being genetically optimal for Siegbert and making Xander untouchable with her as his backpack.

Edited by Phillius

Xander displays his good judge of character/a sense of humor in his supports with Charlotte.

I'm hoping Laslow/Peri is because he's considered Peri's best match, rather than the other way round. Poor Laslow.

How did this thread turn into a discussion of who needs therapy anyway? Maybe I should make another thread devoted to that topic...

XANDER/HINOKA IS IN SECOND. I AM SATISFIED. No one gets the axe todaaaay~

Also as a side note, does anyone else find the huge margin that Elise got for Odin to be interesting? I know that's a popular pairing, but is it really that popular?

Also as a side note, does anyone else find the huge margin that Elise got for Odin to be interesting? I know that's a popular pairing, but is it really that popular?

Hey, if Selena can marry her mom (technically), than so can Odin!

Because Elise can't marry Leo and she is heavily biased towards magic with basically no strength, the only kids that she can't completely ruin are Ophelia and Nina (a hybrid unit). Since Nina may want to run a proper mixed build, she might need a mother with some semblance of a strength growth, thus leaving Elise with nowhere else to go but with Odin.

Well, we weren't supposed to vote based on child stats.

But I did vote Odin/Elise because she wholly and openly accepts him for who he is. Not like Corrin 'propose to me in plainer language' or any of the other ladies who find Odin off-putting or weird.

Oh, my favorite Leon pairing is the only one to have no votes.

I should probably get on that.

While I'm still talking about Leon's pairings, though, I'm not sure what to think about Leon/Sakura. I mean, Leon doesn't really have any straight pairings that really stand out, I don't think, but I've actually come to not like Leon/Sakura very much. I guess their interactions are still nice?

I'm surprised that Hinoka got as many votes for Leo's poll as she did. I thought I was the only one who shipped them. Also that Mozu was so high on Keaton's poll.

I'm not surprised but am still a little disappointed that Peri is so high on Laslow's list, but that's just because I'm biased against her.

I like that Leo recognizes Sakura's quiet strength, I would probably place Leo/Sakura as 2nd fave so it's good to see it so high in the polls. I'm also super pleased it beats the creepy Nyx support. I don't think Leo/Sakura is overly special but it's certainly not awful.

I'm surprised that Hinoka got as many votes for Leo's poll as she did. I thought I was the only one who shipped them. Also that Mozu was so high on Keaton's poll.

I'm not surprised but am still a little disappointed that Peri is so high on Laslow's list, but that's just because I'm biased against her.

Laslow seems to curb her psychopathic tendencies, judging by their support conversation and her scramble conversation with Soleil. Also Soleil needs speed and Peri is one of the mothers who provide that.

Edited by Chad Thundercock

Xander/Charlotte, Leo/Sakura, Niles/Camilla, and Laslow/Peri topping satisfy me; disappointed but unsurprised by Elise winning Odin, but at least Selena's second; Keaton/Mozu being first is good, but it looks like Keaton didn't get as many votes compared to the others. Beruka and Effie have relatively good scores for Arthur and Benny, too.

I'm surprised Setsuna did so highly for Niles, their support wasn't all that impressive from what I recall. Or was there something I missed?

......As someone who paired Male Corrin with Scarlet in my first Birthright playthough and actually found the support very nice, I'm a bit upset by her poll on the "others" section...

Reactions to both polls: (Not mentioning shared characters, because all results there were EXACTLY as I suspected. However, I am quite surprised Kaze was 2nd most popular for Azura, as I did that in my playthrough and thought I'd be one of the only ones to)

I'm actually really surprised Rinkah/Ryoma is so popular. I did that in my first blind run, not expecting it to be popular at all. It's a decent support chain, my only complaint is Rinkah being a bit out of character in her mother-son supports with Shiro.

Takumi: Not surprised. (Though Takumi/Oboro is one of my favorurite romantic supports in the entire series)

Saizo: Also not surprised, a pairing I did as well. The localization seems to have altered this one a bit, maybe? Because I heard people say they broke up due to ninja commitments making a relationship too compromizing/dangerous, while the localization implies they broken up because of their personalities, which makes it a little harder to believe them getting back together.

Azama: Looking forward to doing that pairing on Rev, then. Though I'm a little surprised he and Setsuna is so low.

Hinata: Well, my favourite for him is 2nd, I can live with that.

Subaki: Really surprised Hana is only 3rd.

Hayato: See Hinata, only replace 2nd with 3rd.

Kaden: This one is really interesting. It's much more even than all others, impying people either don't care that much about his pairings or that he's a guy people are fine with shipping with anyone. I prefer the second interpretation.

Nohr -

Xander: Not surprised. (I prefer Benny with Charlotte though)

Leo: I did Leo/Beruka on my first playthrough and I regreted it. I Felicia would've not only probably been a better support, but would've helped him out more in combat which he desparately needed on my run due to being very RNG screwed.

Laslow: Not surprised, and unsurprisingly I did Peri. I'd probably hate her if it weren't for her support with him.

Odin: Also not surprised, but I had Odin marry Female Kamui so I don't have any experience with "normal" Odin pairings, so I can't really say much here. (There's someone else I prefer Elise with)

Niles: Not surprised, and I did this one too. (It helped more than I though, Nina turned out amazing, allowing her to replace her utterly RNG-ANNIHILATED father. Seriously, I have never had someone more RNG screwed than Niles on my first Conquest run.)

Arthur: Probably the only character I prefer an "unpopular" pairing for. Arthur/Elise ended up being my favourite pairing in all of Nohr, major character development for her, Arthur is treated much less comidically in the S Support than he usually is, incredibly heartwarming, Percy doesn't look massively older than her..... sadly Percy really sucked in this pairing. Odin is pretty much the only vialbe Elise pairing from a gameplay standpoint.

Benny: Not surprised, though is Charlotte the only route-specific female who's #1 for two different males? (Not counting people who have Rev-only pairings as #1 like Effie) I really like this one, and it's the main reason I refuse to pair her with Xander, gameplay benefits be damned.

Keaton: Eh, Selena got 3rd, I can live with that. That's another of my favourite Conquest pairings, both hilarious AND heartwarming.

Edited by Big Klingy

I must literally be the only person who doesn't like any of the royals paired together.

Odin is my top partner for Elise for several reasons. It gives Ophelia adorable blonde hair and morphs her into a magical beast. The support was very cute, in my opinion. Elise is very supportive and enthusiastic of Odin's eccentricities, while it seems the majority find it odd and want him to change how he is corrin. I personally feel that Odin has the type of personality that suits Elise's; he can be childish and over dramatic, a shared trait between them, but he also shows the maturity and somberness that could help Elise herself mature. I also don't squint when imagining them in a relationship together (because, you know, Elise); it could be because I always imagine Odin to be too much of a dork to do anything like "that" with her. Ignore the birth of Ophelia. Children are not canon, damn it.

I personally like Setsuna with Hinata, Arthur and Takumi more than I do her with Niles. The support isn't that great.

I dislike most of Leo's opposite sex supports, except his with Mozu (because I love KILLager). I tend to pair him with either Felicia or Nyx because of the hair color they give Forrest; Sakura usually goes to Hayato because I enjoyed the support but it is at the cost of Rhajat having clashy salmon-colored hair. Ugh.

I knew Effie was going to win for Arthur. I prefer him with either Azura, Setsuna or Kagerou, though. Oh well.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Meanwhile I'm here gonna promote RyouRinkah with a passion yeaaaaaaaaah

i need to do more art sometimes

have a fic idea too but i can't write so i'm gonna go and hire a samurai friend

Edited by Thor Odinson

Hoshido: Mostly what I expected, and I'm fine with most of the pairings (ex. RyomaxRinkah). In terms of the ones that caught my eye, TakumixOboro was very expected and I'm happy with that result. Saizo I was hoping Sakura would do a bit better, but I can understand Kagero taking it since there's a smaller age gap (if any at all) and they had a previous relationship that could be built off of. Subaki, I'm also one of the few that prefers him and Selena with other characters (Nyx for the former, Laslow, Odin, and Keaton for the latter), it's a nice support, but the whole Caledori thing throws it off for me.

The only one that really baffled me though was Kaden and Setsuna. From what I remember, it's not a bad support, but I don't remember too much about it sticking out to me either, at least compared to some of their other options. Of course, there could be something I'm missing with it and I'm sure fans of this support could give me another perspective on it.

Nohr: The top spots were pretty much all what I would expect from the bunch, so I can't really comment on many of them. With that said, I'm happy to see XanderxCharlotte, KeatonxMozu, BennyxBeruka, NilesxCamilla, and ArthurxAzura do well as those were the pairings I liked the most for those respective characters.

I'm curious to see how the female polls turn out as some like Charlotte won for multiple guys (in her case, Kaden (tie), Xander, and Benny), so it'll be interesting to see which ones wins out over the others in their cases.

Edited by Medeus

if no one makes this thread by the time i go to bed today i'll either make it tomorrow or right before i sleep

man I know people love those retainer/retainer pairs but I am so disappointed by the lack of love for selena/arthur that's quite possibly my favorite pair in the whole game they even make their own ship name

rest are okay I suppose, although I personally don't really like odin/elise mainly due to their supports prior making odin seem way older than elise

i love their c-a supports they're some of my favorites but it's definitely one of those cases where i wish there was not an S support

Edited by maybe