More Unpopular Fire Emblem Opinions

Rezzy

On the critical cut ins, and all the voice acting in Fates/Awakening. It's really nothing new. Plenty of games have characters taunting and doing other things mid combat. Games like Mass Effect come to mind where 2 characters are competing over who gets the most kills, or making jokes and talking mid combat. It just happens, Fates/Awakening are FAR from the firsts to do this, and it's really not that big of a deal. Unless you are really trying to read into it, there isn't anything there it's trying to hint at. Not everything needs to be super deep and dreary just because there is combat in it. The incredibles had more deaths in it than Die Hard did, but it's still a relatively family friendly children's movie. Sure having an understanding that in real life, that is f'ed up, but save that for real life.

And I rather like them tbh. It adds more personality to them, where before characters barely had a voice at all, and in some cases they never did.

Back to the topic. I really like the characters no one uses. I love using Bastian in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, or Gunter in Fates. Most of the time I isn't intentional either, I just use whatever character I think is cool, and will do my best to make them at least usable.

I really like the avatar system, and hope it stays. I fully agree it needs some reworking, but I think the series will be taking a few steps back if it's removed. Same with Mu Castle, the marriage system and a few more things Fates/Awakening reintroduced or brought to the series.

I like the current artist. It has a really anime look to it, but when did Fire Emblem not have that? The fan service can be a bit annoying, but most of the time it isn't noticeable ( except for a few like Camilla).

I really want some class customization in the future. Something along the lines of allowing us to create a premexisting class out of the current existing ones for the avatar. I think it would be really fun to fool around with, even if it might lead to some really op combinations.

Edited by Tolvir

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See that's the thing, I'm unpopular on this, because I don't feel like they were fair to Micaiah. If anything, they were unfair to her when Ike came on the scene. Micaiah has to have "super special goddess powers" to compete with Ike and his super commander abilities. If Micaiah was ridden too hard, then Ike's dick was grinded into dust during RD. Especially that ended. Oh lord that ending. Grants Ike credit for something EVERYONE worked towards-- like Sanaki, Elincia, Micaiah, Sothe...? All of them. Ike did it.

I wasn't surprised by that, even if it still really annoyed me, because the same thing happened in RD; through contrived nonsense, Ike is the only one who can use Ragnell (even though there's no indication that Ragnell can only be used by a certain bloodline/person like Falchion or Jugdral's Holy Weapons), so he can be the one to deal the final blow to Ashnard even though it would have been for more satisfying and thematically appropriate to have Elincia be the one to take him down.

The way that the Tellius games shill him a lot is a big part of the reason why I hate Ike (the other being that I just find him boring, even compared to other lords in the series). Sacred Stones' shilling of Ephraim looks tame in comparison.

I really like the avatar system, and hope it stays. I fully agree it needs some reworking, but I think the series will be taking a few steps back if it's removed. Same with Mu Castle, the marriage system and a few more things Fates/Awakening reintroduced or brought to the series.

I'd like to hear your reasoning for why removing those elements would be regression for the series as a whole.

...Nah, I'd rather Roy stay his own character than be tainted by the stains of Kris, Robin, and Corrin.

(I more or less hate the FE avatars on principle now and FE7's just offends me the least. I can ignore it.)
My opinion (that may or may not be popular) is that Roy is basically the amount of self-insert for the player that I feel fine about, even though he isn't labled as an avatar. He doesn't have many prominent character traits other than being smart (so there's a lot of room for the player to project himself into him); he's pretty much universally respected by friend and foe, but the game doesn't shove it in your face permanently; he has six potential love interests if the player is into the whole waifu business; he's connected to the story, but for the most part he's actually not that integral to the plot (his arc ends when he saves Lilina - afterwards, he's just pulled into the Etruria/Bern conflict by accident).

So yeah, if he was slightly customizable (plus maybe the option to make him a her), he'd be pretty much what I would like a FE avatar to be. Although Merlinus being wrong all the time for the sake of showing off Roy's smart decisions could be toned down a notch. ;)

I can actually see this as none of the stories in this game are really connected but they try so hard to connect them and they are strung together in such a string bean way.

See that's the thing, I'm unpopular on this, because I don't feel like they were fair to Micaiah. If anything, they were unfair to her when Ike came on the scene. Micaiah has to have "super special goddess powers" to compete with Ike and his super commander abilities. If Micaiah was ridden too hard, then Ike's dick was grinded into dust during RD. Especially that ended. Oh lord that ending. Grants Ike credit for something EVERYONE worked towards-- like Sanaki, Elincia, Micaiah, Sothe...? All of them. Ike did it.

That ending is disrespectful as heck... I mean yeah, Ike is the person that gained the trust of most of the Royalties thanks to his action in PoR... but in that ending sounds like the only person actually care from that story is Ike... Everyone else contributions doesn't really care because Ike was the bigger deal always...

Oh hell... as soon as Ike's appears somewhere in RD, the game praise the freaking floor he steps on... Damn! Ike service everywhere.

They have to make other characters do dumb things (in the hindsight) and even become completely unrelevant just to make sure that the game shows how Ike is the biggest deal in Tellius, the great hero of Crimea and father of Sothe's children.

And yeah, that comes alongside my unpopular opinions:

- Ike is overrated as heck and I dislike how in RD is so perfect that the only things that are problems for him are solved for Soren (the guy that is always in Ike's back)

- Part 1 deserved to be its own game (and the Part 2 get extended a little bit)

- Ike's powerful deck riding makes some character irrelevant, and they deserved more respect.

Also... I get that they wanted to give to Ike and the goddeses and special cutscene... but why the only wait to finish it has to be with Ike? The rule of cool? Okay, I would understand if Ike has a exclusive use of the Ragnell (the only known characters that would inherit the Ragnell/Alondite are unable to use it in-game).... but he doesn't...

DAMN! Sometimes I hate how everyone loves so much Ike!

Edited by Troykv

(DEEP BREATH!

1. Roy sucks

2. Fe7 is the best

3. Nino is great, though every other one (Except Ewan) sucks

4. Fe3 wasn't that bad

5. Fe 9 was to hard

6. SAO is alright

7. Fates wasn't the worst thing that happened to this series. (see 9.)

8. Myrmidons are either :facepalm: / :hat:

9. Tharja and Rhajat are terrible characters and Miriel should rule the world

10. Fiora is decent

11. Florina sucks

12. Rebecca is one of my favorite characters

13. Amelia cavalier is better then Amelia knight (THE THIRST FOR A FEMALE PALADIN)

14. Franz SUCKS

15. Cavaliers are the best class

16. FE8's plot was not the worst

17. Ike is better in smash

18. Marth is not the worst lord. (See 1.)

19. Treck is AMAZING

20. Dan and Phil aren't that great

21. Weapon weight is the greatest

22. Soldiers should be a playable class (and not "Lance Fighters")

23. I like Hawkeye
24. I dislike Gonzales

25. Renault is the best character personality wise, in the GBA age. (MORE RENAULT)

26. Remake FE7 and FE6

27. Lilina is terrible

28. GBA archers aren't that bad

29. Gerik is my favorite Character in all Fire Emblem (I don't count the GBA games for him)

30. And finally, I like Makalov

Ike legit gets so much love in RD and is so bland in that game, he's pretty neat in POR, I sometime feel the only reason characters like Corrin and Robin get as much shit as they do is because being an avatar somehow makes them shit characters. Having replayed the Tellius and Archenea games recently after Fates put me in a FE3 mode for some reason, I honestly feel the only real difference between how RD Ike and Marth are treated in plot vs. Corrin or Robin is literally just "These two are player avatars and the game makes a big deal about sucking their dick therefore their mary sues" when literally Marth and Ike get the same treatment in RD and vanilla FE3 with them only being different in that they aren't self inserts. Hell, Leif, POR Ike, and Sigurd are the only lords with actual flaws that are either routinely called out, legit cause them problems in the plot, or get them invited to a barbecue of epic proportions. Roy is debatable in this because his flaws are called out routinely in supports even if they don't affect the plot much, and Macaiah can also be debatable but I have issues saying her character flaws are called out when these moments serve no purpose but further building up Ike as amazing.

Tbh RD Ike and Robin were my least favorite lords until Corrin, though Ike in FE9 isn't as bad he's kinda tainted by the FE10 incarnation for me since I played 10 first.

As a result Ike overall manages to be at the very bottom of favorite lords list and only beating Robin and Corrin and all three quite frankly can go die in bad fanfic land.

I would honestly prefer if Ike was the enemy throughout RD and Micaiah was the only player lord. She's far cooler to me than Ike ever was or will be.

(DEEP BREATH!

1. Roy sucks

2. Fe7 is the best

4. Fe3 wasn't that bad

10. Fiora is decent

13. Amelia cavalier is better then Amelia knight (THE THIRST FOR A FEMALE PALADIN)

26. Remake FE7 and FE6

I removed everything but the popular to some degree stuff, also SAO is irrelevant. Edited by Glaceon Mage

This might not be popular per se, but there is some part of me that thinks that RD was actually 3 or 4 completely separate stories written by completely different people and there were problems in trying to connect all these parts together. Like the writer for one part had conflicting ideas with the writer for another.

Also I feel like I would like Micaiah a lot more if so many people (and sometimes the narrative of the story) didn't ride her dick so much. She was at the very least, an interesting character.

You can say that about Awakening and Fates.

I call it a case of developers shoving whatever they can fit in instead of finding a direction and sticking with it.

Ike legit gets so much love in RD and is so bland in that game, he's pretty neat in POR, I sometime feel the only reason characters like Corrin and Robin get as much shit as they do is because being an avatar somehow makes them shit characters. Having replayed the Tellius and Archenea games recently after Fates put me in a FE3 mode for some reason, I honestly feel the only real difference between how RD Ike and Marth are treated in plot vs. Corrin or Robin is literally just "These two are player avatars and the game makes a big deal about sucking their dick therefore their mary sues" when literally Marth and Ike get the same treatment in RD and vanilla FE3 with them only being different in that they aren't self inserts. Hell, Leif, POR Ike, and Sigurd are the only lords with actual flaws that are either routinely called out, legit cause them problems in the plot, or get them invited to a barbecue of epic proportions. Roy is debatable in this because his flaws are called out routinely in supports even if they don't affect the plot much, and Macaiah can also be debatable but I have issues saying her character flaws are called out when these moments serve no purpose but further building up Ike as amazing.

Robin and Kamui being self-inserts is more the source of a lot of their problems as characters rather than being a problem with their characterization in its own right. Because IntSys feels they have to worship the player-insert, Robin and Kamui get heaps of praise despite not doing much to actually earn it--and, in the case of Kamui, get praised for things that would cause him to be scorned in previous games. In contrast, as much as I dislike him, Ike actually earns some of the praise he gets in-story, mostly in PoR, which puts him leagues above Robin and Kamui. I've never played FE3 so I don't know how Marth's treatment in that game stands up to the rest of the series, but again, he's actually done things worthy of praise.

I wasn't surprised by that, even if it still really annoyed me, because the same thing happened in RD; through contrived nonsense, Ike is the only one who can use Ragnell (even though there's no indication that Ragnell can only be used by a certain bloodline/person like Falchion or Jugdral's Holy Weapons), so he can be the one to deal the final blow to Ashnard even though it would have been for more satisfying and thematically appropriate to have Elincia be the one to take him down.

The way that the Tellius games shill him a lot is a big part of the reason why I hate Ike (the other being that I just find him boring, even compared to other lords in the series). Sacred Stones' shilling of Ephraim looks tame in comparison.

I'd like to hear your reasoning for why removing those elements would be regression for the series as a whole.

Because the avatar system and the My castle system is something that can be built upon and made into something really good. Most games already allow customized characters, and as long as the character isn't made to be a main character like what happened with Fates, then removing it just removes something that allows you to feel more involved. It works well in my opinion.

My Castle is something I think belonged in Fire Emblem for a long time now. Managing a keep is a great idea for the game, sure My Castle wasn't great, but just giving up and removing it would be a bad idea. It should be built upon and made better.

The marriage system isn't as key as the others. All it really is boils down to just the support system taken a step further. It being removed isn't that big of a deal imo, though I think removing it would be wrong for the same reason as the others. Overall, I think they should expand it to being a relationship system overall, whether you want it to go platonic or romantic would be up to the player. It's not like they are the only ones moving in this direction anyway, speaking thrat Mass Effect and Dragon Age are huge titles that have the ability for the player to forge relationships with the cast, whether platonic or romantic. I have fun with it where it is at right now, but it could definitely be expanded to give a lot more depth and character interactions, which in reality has been the draw to Fire Emblem to begin with. The stories have always been lackluster, but the characters and their interactions, st last for me, is what makes me really enjoy the games.

So it essentially boils down to the fact that in my opinion, removing these features are just a waste of potential. They are great concepts and with a bit of work they can be really fun features for the series as a whole.

Edited by Tolvir

(DEEP BREATH!

1. Roy sucks

2. Fe7 is the best

3. Nino is great, though every other one (Except Ewan) sucks

4. Fe3 wasn't that bad

5. Fe 9 was to hard

6. SAO is alright

8. Myrmidons are either :facepalm: / :hat:

10. Fiora is decent

11. Florina sucks

12. Rebecca is one of my favorite characters

14. Franz SUCKS

17. Ike is better in smash

19. Treck is AMAZING

23. I like Hawkeye

24. I dislike Gonzales

25. Renault is the best character personality wise, in the GBA age. (MORE RENAULT)

26. Remake FE7 and FE6

27. Lilina is terrible

28. GBA archers aren't that bad

29. Gerik is my favorite Character in all Fire Emblem (I don't count the GBA games for him)

30. And finally, I like Makalov

I'm not sure if even a single one of these qualifies as an unpopular opinion.

I don't know if this counts, but I like Takumi more than all of the royal characters combined.

From what I've heard that's fairly unpopular, yeah.

I don't particularly dislike most of the royals, but Takumi is on the higher end for me as well; I don't really get what's with all the hate for him.

Because the avatar system and the My castle system is something that can be built upon and made into something really good. Most games already allow customized characters, and as long as the character isn't made to be a main character like what happened with Fates, then removing it just removes something that allows you to feel more involved. It works well in my opinion.

My Castle is something I think belonged in Fire Emblem for a long time now. Managing a keep is a great idea for the game, sure My Castle wasn't great, but just giving up and removing it would be a bad idea. It should be built upon and made better.

The marriage system isn't as key as the others. All it really is boils down to just the support system taken a step further. It being removed isn't that big of a deal imo, though I think removing it would be wrong for the same reason as the others. Overall, I think they should expand it to being a relationship system overall, whether you want it to go platonic or romantic would be up to the player. It's not like they are the only ones moving in this direction anyway, speaking thrat Mass Effect and Dragon Age are huge titles that have the ability for the player to forge relationships with the cast, whether platonic or romantic. I have fun with it where it is at right now, but it could definitely be expanded to give a lot more depth and character interactions, which in reality has been the draw to Fire Emblem to begin with. The stories have always been lackluster, but the characters and their interactions, st last for me, is what makes me really enjoy the games.

So it essentially boils down to the fact that in my opinion, removing these features are just a waste of potential. They are great concepts and with a bit of work they can be really fun features for the series as a whole.

I mostly second these notions. Repeating myself (and others I think) a bit from earlier, taking the FE7 self-insert char and adding a modest amount of the Awakening/Fates features, like optional class-changing (maybe giving you the option to START as a different class for once)-- I'd even be okay with the dating/marriage aspect TBH, though I'd like to see it made better. From a business standpoint, it's impossible to deny the appeal that this feature has had to the masses, so rather than get rid of it, (which is an impractical business decision, and you can say all you like about soulless corporations only caring about money, but it was an important factor in the success of the last two games, obviously) I'd rather see it improved and given a bit more depth, like say.... I dunno... maybe making romantic interactions take more than 3 conversations + a 'I've always loved you' 'omg me too I had no idea'! confession scene. Maybe more subtle romantic buildup like the GBA games had, I dunno. I get this is hard to do if you need to have both S and A ranks possible for all characters, but it's often so disjointed that I feel like there HAS to be a better way...

My Castle, likewise, has the potential to be a fun and interesting feature that isn't as haphazardly connected to the plot as it was in Fates/Awakening. Honestly I feel RD did this the best, with the camps not only occurring in different locations (making the world feel way more alive and organic than it did in the other two games), but also featuring additional, plot-relevant conversations instead of the randomly-generated nonsense of the other games. I DO, however, like the ability to walk around and explore that Fates afforded, and would like to see that implemented as well if it can be done in a way that's both fun and DOESN'T undermine the plot in some way.

Here's what I'd personally like to see for 'My Castle', or the successor of it or what-have-you:

- basic 'base' formula FE10 had (varied locations, shops available, specific plot-relevant conversations from time to time)

- ability to walk around the camp map and interact with the above features; whether it's one map that gradually gets updated or adjusted to the appropriate setting or there are a couple of different camp maps makes no difference to me.

- Tents where your army units are camped out and can occasionally be seen outside of + interacted with might be a nice touch instead of them just milling randomly about the barracks / castle grounds.

- inability to visit the camp after EVERY chapter, depending on plot (IE, escape sequences, high-urgency plot chapters, the last few chapters of the 3DS games, etc.)-- not only would this respect the plot more by NOT sucking all the tension out of it, it might give the player a greater appreciation for the relaxation of the base.

- maybe a more direct successor to the My Castle feature on Fates' version of it, with the customizable keep, but only upon reaching the end or postgame (can't think of any way for it to be relevant to a plot at large minus some bizarre dimensional travel nonsense. Which TBH is also plausible, but would be harder to write without seeming really hokey like it was in Fates and frankly I don't think IS is capable of pulling it off with the writers they have now lol)

Edited by BANRYU

I can actually see this as none of the stories in this game are really connected but they try so hard to connect them and they are strung together in such a string bean way.

Part of me wonders if the "Father of Sothe's children" quote that Micaiah made towards Ike was partially done out of jealousy. She was so used to Sothe riding her dick for so long, seeing him ride Ike's dick instead was something that made her upset.

But yeah, I also agree that Ike got off way to easily in RD since he became a soulless husk of his former self . People probably let his bad writing slide because

1) They were blinded by nostalgia

2) There seems to be a preference towards male characters that act in a very stoic or masculine manner, regardless of poor writing. Part of me wonders if Corrin acted in a similar manner, with everything else in his personality being the same (including the dickriding he gets from everyone) he would be a lot more liked.

If Corrin had a similar personality to, say, like Heero Yuy from Gundam, people would like him more despite him being a irrational, hypocritical mess of a character.

I hope that the next protagonist has Kamille Bidan/Setsuna .F. Seiei/Heero Yuy/Mikazuki Augus levels of mental problems. Mostly because I want to see him/her having such poor decision making throughout the story, that people would wonder if he's afflicted with a mental deficiency.

Like seriously, does anyone remember the stupid shit that these protags pulled, especially the first three? Kamille literally started an entire war by punching someone who insulted his name.

I don't particularly dislike most of the royals, but Takumi is on the higher end for me as well; I don't really get what's with all the hate for him.

I think it's because he's the "jealous one" archetype, which I guess I understand, but I feel like it makes things more interesting. All of the Hoshido royals are pretty much "perfect" despite their flaws and in my opinion that makes them about as interesting as wet paper. Takumi, on the other hand... Well we all know.

That's not to say I dislike all the royals. Even though I'm not a fan of the Hoshido royals that aren't Takumi I still really like the Nohr royals. That doesn't really seem to be an unpopular opinion though :)

Edited by MissShake

I think it's because he's the "jealous one" archetype, which I guess I understand, but I feel like it makes things more interesting. All of the Hoshido royals are pretty much "perfect" despite their flaws and in my opinion that makes them about as interesting as wet paper. Takumi, on the other hand... Well we all know.

That's not to say I dislike all he royals. Even though I'm not a fan of the Hoshido royals that aren't Takumi I still really like the Nohr royal. That doesn't really seem to be an unpopular opinion though :)

I think that's exactly it, Takumi is the only one that isn't presented as pristine and perfect and therefore, he's the only one who's particularly interesting or relatable lol. Not saying everyone has to LIKE it, but it really seems like the amount of hate he gets is like some Tharja levels of not being able to see the good character there under their flaws.

I think that's exactly it, Takumi is the only one that isn't presented as pristine and perfect and therefore, he's the only one who's particularly interesting or relatable lol. Not saying everyone has to LIKE it, but it really seems like the amount of hate he gets is like some Tharja levels of not being able to see the good character there under their flaws.

...I thought Tharja was popular? She gets that much hate? Man I'm out of the loop, all I've heard is people calling her the waifu lol.

...I thought Tharja was popular? She gets that much hate? Man I'm out of the loop, all I've heard is people calling her the waifu lol.

From what I can tell, she'd have larger extremes of fan- and hate- dom in general, what with.... well everything.

Though here, I'd assume more on the dislike end of the spectrum than anything else. (And I just know someone's going to prove otherwise now)

Depends honestly. I might be wrong, but when she IS popular it seems like it's for the wrong reasons most of the time (IE: fanservice). When it comes to her design and her as a unit, a lot of people like her, but a lot of people also seem to talk shit on her character from what I've seen.

Then again, I may be confusing the denizens of SFF for the internet at large, lol.

I like her design (but not her outfit), I like her as a unit in battle, and her character is probably my favorite in awakening lol. The bulk of what I've heard contradicts most of these (tbh I have no idea what people think of her as a unit, though, seen very little in that regard).

PSA: A opinion shared with half of the fanbase isn't an unpopular opinion, it's a divisive opinion shared by many people. Many people like and dislike Takumi/Micaiah.

A lot of people like her for her design or think her personality is funny. On the flip side, many people strongly dislike her for her stalker behavior and her mistreatment of her daughter.

Part of me wonders if the "Father of Sothe's children" quote that Micaiah made towards Ike was partially done out of jealousy. She was so used to Sothe riding her dick for so long, seeing him ride Ike's dick instead was something that made her upset.

But yeah, I also agree that Ike got off way to easily in RD since he became a soulless husk of his former self . People probably let his bad writing slide because

1) They were blinded by nostalgia

2) There seems to be a preference towards male characters that act in a very stoic or masculine manner, regardless of poor writing. Part of me wonders if Corrin acted in a similar manner, with everything else in his personality being the same (including the dickriding he gets from everyone) he would be a lot more liked.

The context of Micaiah's line is that Sothe is always singing praises to Ike even though he is/was the enemy of the Daein people. As for why people like Ike, his fans probably believe he has enough characterization in PoR so he doesn't "need" to be further developed in Radiant Dawn. You are correct in that male characters can often get away with just be tough and stoic, however.

Here's what I'd personally like to see for 'My Castle', or the successor of it or what-have-you:

- basic 'base' formula FE10 had (varied locations, shops available, specific plot-relevant conversations from time to time)

- ability to walk around the camp map and interact with the above features; whether it's one map that gradually gets updated or adjusted to the appropriate setting or there are a couple of different camp maps makes no difference to me.

- Tents where your army units are camped out and can occasionally be seen outside of + interacted with might be a nice touch instead of them just milling randomly about the barracks / castle grounds.

- inability to visit the camp after EVERY chapter, depending on plot (IE, escape sequences, high-urgency plot chapters, the last few chapters of the 3DS games, etc.)-- not only would this respect the plot more by NOT sucking all the tension out of it, it might give the player a greater appreciation for the relaxation of the base.

- maybe a more direct successor to the My Castle feature on Fates' version of it, with the customizable keep, but only upon reaching the end or postgame (can't think of any way for it to be relevant to a plot at large minus some bizarre dimensional travel nonsense. Which TBH is also plausible, but would be harder to write without seeming really hokey like it was in Fates and frankly I don't think IS is capable of pulling it off with the writers they have now lol)

I'd be on board with this. My Castle isn't a bad idea in concept but they could do more to make it fit with the world (no magical alternate dimensions that the plot never mentions again). Take out the creepy (skinship) and keep the ability to interact with characters and you have a solid game mechanic. Tellius style bases are closer to the mark but there are a few things from My Castle that ought to be implemented as well.

I kinda hope Skinship doesn't go away. It doesn't have to be face-rubbing or even have the close-up face shots (even if I thought the models were REALLY good and nice to look), but I do like the concept of inviting someone to your private quarters to spend some alone time.

What I do think needs work is that the level of bonding of the characters should be reflected on the conversations they have in the Private Quarters. It's fine if two characters with an A-Support have a more "intimate" meeting, but two characters with no Support definitely shouldn't be staring at each others' eyes while blushing.

I kinda hope Skinship doesn't go away. It doesn't have to be face-rubbing or even have the close-up face shots (even if I thought the models were REALLY good and nice to look), but I do like the concept of inviting someone to your private quarters to spend some alone time.

What I do think needs work is that the level of bonding of the characters should be reflected on the conversations they have in the Private Quarters. It's fine if two characters with an A-Support have a more "intimate" meeting, but two characters with no Support definitely shouldn't be staring at each others' eyes while blushing.

I think it would be cool to allow you to set up a location or something that might trigger different conversations. For example going to a tavern with someone, or being on guard duty with another. Varying scenarios and locations might be interesting. Something like he events that could happen in Mass Effect 3 where you might encounter a companion in the ship, and they would invite you to go with the bar with them at a later point, and a short conversation would occur.

I'm all for more character interactions though.

I mostly second these notions. Repeating myself (and others I think) a bit from earlier, taking the FE7 self-insert char and adding a modest amount of the Awakening/Fates features, like optional class-changing (maybe giving you the option to START as a different class for once)-- I'd even be okay with the dating/marriage aspect TBH, though I'd like to see it made better. From a business standpoint, it's impossible to deny the appeal that this feature has had to the masses, so rather than get rid of it, (which is an impractical business decision, and you can say all you like about soulless corporations only caring about money, but it was an important factor in the success of the last two games, obviously) I'd rather see it improved and given a bit more depth, like say.... I dunno... maybe making romantic interactions take more than 3 conversations + a 'I've always loved you' 'omg me too I had no idea'! confession scene. Maybe more subtle romantic buildup like the GBA games had, I dunno. I get this is hard to do if you need to have both S and A ranks possible for all characters, but it's often so disjointed that I feel like there HAS to be a better way...

My Castle, likewise, has the potential to be a fun and interesting feature that isn't as haphazardly connected to the plot as it was in Fates/Awakening. Honestly I feel RD did this the best, with the camps not only occurring in different locations (making the world feel way more alive and organic than it did in the other two games), but also featuring additional, plot-relevant conversations instead of the randomly-generated nonsense of the other games. I DO, however, like the ability to walk around and explore that Fates afforded, and would like to see that implemented as well if it can be done in a way that's both fun and DOESN'T undermine the plot in some way.

Well I really want to see the base building and keep management concept stay in. Sure Tellius base stuff was nice, but it was still just as disjointed as my Castle. All it consisted of was a couple of menu options, a background, and some music. If they take away the deep realm stuff from My Castle and make it about actually managing and creating a keep, that would be great. I'm talking about actually being able to choose what walls the keep has, what structures are built in it, more customization over defenses and layout, some real resources used and not just dragon points, stuff like lumber, metal, and gold.

I think that would work really well with Fire Emblem, actual management of a keep. We got a taste of what it could be like in Fates, now they just need to expand on it.

Edited by Tolvir