More Unpopular Fire Emblem Opinions

Rezzy

Cordelia's supports really seem to be hit-or-miss is the issue, and depending on which ones you run into can be horrible or great. I ran into Kellam x Cordelia the first playthrough so I didn't see anything wrong with her, and then ran into Gaius x Cordelia next, and both of those aren't too bad. But then thee are ones like Frederick's support with her which are simply awful.

Yee. But my issue with her is that shes also really boring, yet also a bit manipulative. Fred's supports with her just make my teeth gnash.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like the Lunatic+ skills from Awakening and would like to see them return in future games, partially because I dislike proc skills. However, I don't want them randomized on enemies.

I prefer weaker swordfighter lords like Roy or Leif to gamebreakers like Sigurd or Ike

While I consider FE12 a fine game as an FE, I find it to be a horrible remake

There is no "golden age" of FE, each era has damn good games and at least one that makes me hurl, even if I can still have fun with them on my masochistic days.

Holy weapons should be as broken as they are in FE4, but they should distributed like the S-Rank and legendary weapons in FE7 to balance that. That way, you can both have the broken as all hell holy weapons for plot AND still potentially balance it in game play.

FE3>FE11/12

Yes, actually. I feel about Tsubaki the way Sakura does.

I see.

Personally, my view on Subaki is that he is like Takumi and Leo, in the sense that you have to read between the lines to truly appreciate the character. Something that I like in characters, actually.

There's a lot about Subaki that it's not outright obvious, and that's what makes him interesting.

If only he was a better unit. So much for the first male Pegausus Knight.

At least, the other male Pegasus Knight, Shigure, is a great unit if a little fragile.

• Wolt is the best locked bow user because of his early and fast supports with Roy and Alance.

Never liked cavaliers except in FE4, 6 and 9.

Berserk stave has to come back... same goes for status affecting weapons from the Judgral series.

Neimi is a very good unit.

I hate the idea of "Jagens" in general. They only steal experience. A bit higher leveled first tier units instead of promoted units would work. FE9 Gatrie and Nolan are good examples.

I see.

Personally, my view on Subaki is that he is like Takumi and Leo, in the sense that you have to read between the lines to truly appreciate the character. Something that I like in characters, actually.

There's a lot about Subaki that it's not outright obvious, and that's what makes him interesting.

At least, the other male Pegasus Knight, Shigure, is a great unit if a little fragile.

Really? I thought Subaki has good growths throughout....

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, November 12, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, November 12, 2016 - No reason given

I see.

His growths are unfitting for a Pegasus Knight, at least, with only 35% speed growth and 25% resistance growth. His best stat is skill, which is 60%. I've always found Subaki more satisfying reclassed.

His growths are.... weird. His has good HP (55% base and as Pegasus), skill (50% base, 60% as Pegasus) and defense (45% base and as Pegasus), a mediocre Strenght (30% base, 40% as Pegasus) and bad Speed (20% base, 35% as Pegasus), Luck (25% base, 45% as Pegasus) and Resistence (5% base, 25% as Pegasus)

Pretty funny, no? His stats are the anti thesis of a Pegasus xD

His growths are.... weird. His has good HP (55% base and as Pegasus), skill (50% base, 60% as Pegasus) and defense (45% base and as Pegasus), a mediocre Strenght (30% base, 40% as Pegasus) and bad Speed (20% base, 35% as Pegasus), Luck (25% base, 45% as Pegasus) and Resistence (5% base, 25% as Pegasus)

Pretty funny, no? His stats are the anti thesis of a Pegasus xD

He has very similar growths to Hinata, with only their Skill and Luck being very different (they're swapped).

> Lowen is a good unit and my favorite cavalier (and, unrelatedly, probably Wolt's dad)

> I prefer Nowi x Ricken as a ship over Nowi x Gregor; still like them as friends, but with him as more of a dad figure than a love interest

> Tharja is a good character

> Tokey-toke Mirage Sessions doesn't seem that bad

¯\_(. - .)_/¯

​And then these, I'm not sure what the general consensus is as relates to them:

> GBA FEs still have the best battle animations

> FE10 had the best story

What is the general opinion on the Critical Cut-ins? And all the talking during fights. Because I hate all of that. The quotes especially.

I'm ok with them, but I'd prefer if criticals had special animations instead of being a louder generic attack with a flash effect.

What is the general opinion on the Critical Cut-ins? And all the talking during fights. Because I hate all of that. The quotes especially.

I love those. I really hope it becomes a mainstay feature.

I love them, as it adds so much personality to the characters.

Besides it's makes sense for them talk during fights.

Edited by Water Mage

I love them, as it adds so much personality to the characters.

Besides it's makes sense for them talk during fights.

Not when they sound like psychopaths that enjoy so much murder.

As for adding personality, all they do is reinforce that one lone gimmick they have.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Tales of Series made me biased for them. Especially the JP ones.

Hey, I didn't say seiyuu bias was good.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Depends on the character for my opinions on the cut ins tbh. For characters like Peri or Henry, it legit makes sense for their character, for the likes of Xander and Ryoma, it makes sense for some of the quotes as they are morale boosting rallying cries, tho Ryoma needs to lose the "You die! Now!" line soon. Characters like Leo or Sakura however, need to lose them as they do more harm for their characters than good. The problem is, it's rather glaring if some characters have them and others don't and admittedly less satisfying upon landing a crit when you lose the crit quote from the equation. I guess in short, I'm just mixed on them.

I'm not a huge fan of the critical cut-ins, although I wouldn't mind them as much if they got rid of the voiced lines and just kept the cut-ins. Not only are the voiced lines silly and generally out of character, but they suck the tension out of what are supposed to be dramatic chapters/confrontations.

Related, and I don't really know how unpopular this is, but I dislike most of Awakening and Fates' critical animations. Compared to how visually interesting most of them were in the GBA games, the crit animations in the newer games are lacking.

I'm a bit mixed about them… On one hand, I think it adds an interesting little quirk to the characters, and the voice acting is usually pretty good… Not to mention playing other games like Tales makes one used to the feature…

On the other hand, I wish there was a way to skip them sometimes or turn them off like animations... I love the animations in the 3DS games and don't want to turn them off completely, but at the same time constantly having a critical cut in on a character that criticals a lot or has a lot of skills can get annoying… Especially if the character isn't one of the good ones (e.g. Tharja with Ruin or a skill constantly activating can get both annoying and downright creepy…)

To add an unpopular opinion…

-I feel like private quarters should have stayed the way it was, because apparently there was a lot of content that was meaningful, and even the bonuses got removed. Someone mentioned that there could be a different system where it's considered an honor to be touched by someone who has the lineage of the First Dragons, and therefore would make sense to have this feature while not offending people. But apparently IS took the cheap way out…

Also, not exactly a fan of FE4… Too many things didn't make sense, and there were a few things that should've changed (namely, lack of doubling, making the children so overpowered, maps being smaller)… I felt it got stale way too quickly, but it's not enough to keep me from completing it…

Didn't mind the re-classing system in FE13, because it gave me the option to pretty much customize my characters however I wanted. Hated it in 14 though, and almost never used it… Didn't use it much in FE11/12 either, although that was really a matter of not knowing how…

Hate Ike x Soren (don't know how unpopular this is, but just throwing this out there)

Didn't mind part two of Radiant Dawn, but hated Part 4

Thought the whole time travel mechanic was interesting and thought it was an interesting reason to have children units fight alongside their parents… Didn't like the children in 14 though, especially considering I think the only good one I ever got was Caldori…

Liked Taguels as characters, hated them as units (overshadowed by Manaketes, who could do almost everything they could but better)

Didn't mind FE13’s DLC considering it more than doubled the length of the game…

Liked the wolf laguz, but wish they were handled better and we could have seen more of them

Liked FE8 and FE2