Not quite terrible when you add Blood Tide and Support Bonus. Edward, Mia and Stefan have acc bonus, same for Nephenee and Marcia, or Boyd and Haar, or Rolf. There's also Biorhythym so it depends on the situation of the player. Even 1 dmg is the difference between having one unit dead or alive.

Not quite terrible when you add Blood Tide and Support Bonus. Edward, Mia and Stefan have acc bonus, same for Nephenee and Marcia, or Boyd and Haar, or Rolf. There's also Biorhythym so it depends on the situation of the player. Even 1 dmg is the difference between having one unit dead or alive.

You could've called out the elephant in the room, that being that an all-capped unit isn't likely to happen in hard mode, but you chose not to. How come? And yes, biorhythm can potentially throw a monkey wrench into things, especially with Boyd, who's pretty much a slave to it.

Brave axe / lance user should get a support with heaven.

Boyd / Neph x Elincia / Tibarn would pretty much equalize the accuracy issues.

The issue is, unless I'm stalling, I'm probably not getting an A in time for Ashera..

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

You could've called out the elephant in the room, that being that an all-capped unit isn't likely to happen in hard mode, but you chose not to. How come? And yes, biorhythm can potentially throw a monkey wrench into things, especially with Boyd, who's pretty much a slave to it.

The issue is, unless I'm stalling, I'm probably not getting an A in time for Ashera..

Sure, not everyone will cap all stats by endgame but they'll cap their most important stats. Like, Nephenee will surely cap skill and spd, Boyd will cap str, and so on. Bexp level ups upon capping stats is what they need to raise their lower stats. It's not like hard to cap the offensive stats.

Also, support is pretty easy to build up in the game. Iirc, by only participating by endgame, units can increase their support level from 4-E onwards. I recall doing Stefan B rank by 4-E-5, without stalling.

You will get definitely an A-support for the final chapter if you bring them to Tibarn's group.

In part 4 you'll get a support upgrade after two chapters.

In E-1 C

in E-3 B

and in E-5 A.

Sure, not everyone will cap all stats by endgame but they'll cap their most important stats. Like, Nephenee will surely cap skill and spd, Boyd will cap str, and so on. Bexp level ups upon capping stats is what they need to raise their lower stats. It's not like hard to cap the offensive stats.

Also, support is pretty easy to build up in the game. Iirc, by only participating by endgame, units can increase their support level from 4-E onwards. I recall doing Stefan B rank by 4-E-5, without stalling.

You will get definitely an A-support for the final chapter if you bring them to Tibarn's group.

In part 4 you'll get a support upgrade after two chapters.

In E-1 C

in E-3 B

and in E-5 A.

Be that as it may, I'm personally underwhelmed by Braves' performance, considering the amount of setup needed to try to match up with SS weapons...

Be that as it may, I'm personally underwhelmed by Braves' performance, considering the amount of setup needed to try to match up with SS weapons...

You would truly appreciate the extra damage when you find that not killing that aura or Ashera herself might cost one or more of your units' live (s).

You would truly appreciate the extra damage when you find that not killing that aura or Ashera herself might cost one or more of your units' live (s).

Yeah, well, I'd imagine that a Brave weapon missing could be similarly costly.

EDIT: It's been ages since I played, does authority only count for Ike? There are several units with authority that are never a commander, is that purely cosmetic?

Edited by Tricky Drick

EDIT: It's been ages since I played, does authority only count for Ike? There are several units with authority that are never a commander, is that purely cosmetic?

I'm pretty sure that Tibarn is the leader of the Hawk Army in part 4 so the entire team benefits from his authority stars in 4-2 and 4-5.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

Authority only matters for the unit leading the party for that chapter. Ike and Micaiah in their respective chapters (although Micaiah doesn't have any, unfortunately), Elincia in 2-P and 2-E, Nephenee in 2-1, Lucia in 2-2, Geoffrey in 2-3 and 3-9, and Tibarn in 4-2 and 4-5. Ike is considered the commander for the Tower, so everyone gets the bonuses for his stars there. For every other playable character with authority (Sanaki, Caineghis, Renning, etc.), it is purely cosmetic.

Note that enemies (and NPCs also, I believe) get the same boosts from their commander's stars as well, which can be particularly problematic in Micaiah's chapters.

Interestingly, the Crimean Royal Knights that join partway through 2-E do not get any bonuses from Elincia for that map, since they're considered to be under Geoffrey's command, but since he's not leading the party that chapter his stars do not apply. I don't remember if this happens anywhere else, though.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Yeah, some authority stars are dumb. Imo they should've done semi groups to take advantage of this mechanic. Like Holy Guards use Sanaki's 4 stars, Gallians use Cain's 5 stars, CRKs take Geoffrey's 3 stars and so on. Fun fact, Micaiah is the true Apostle and she has no Authority stars. They should've given her 2 stars per promotion, and 1 extra star to Ike when Vanguard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn, I saved it for later since iirc I started an HM save a while ago but got stuck on the laguz level with the DB (which I think you mention). For starters I'll probably have to restart since last time I checked I may have let Nolan die (although he probably deserved it, he always sucked for me).
But now that I've read this I really don't know if I'll be up for the challenge soon, this will take a lot of time that I may not have, and I'm definitely not an hard mode addict. I like some challenge every now and then but not excessively and that level for instance really felt like trying to kill a dragon with a toothpick.
Also babying Micaiah again is annoying by itself...eh... it'll depend on my free time.

It's up to you if you want to keep going and try again or stay on NM. My advice is not trying to rush it since that way one is more prone to mistakes, specially on beginner level, try going slowly. I do strongly recommend being efficient on the units you use: train at max 3 units asides Micaiah and Sothe, and if you have some issues at making then effective then use one or two prepromotes to chip enemies to make your main units stand up.

• 11 months later...

I haven't played RD in a while. I don't remember if resolve + beastfoe untransformed Volug can hold the top left of the map on hard for 3-6? It was usually my strat for normal mode to keep him alive by not killing tigers in one round, while also increasing strike rank.

• 1 month later...

This was very interesting Jules. Thank you, it must have taken you a while to put this guide together. I'm working on a Radiant Dawn Hard mode playthrough at the moment so this will be useful. I've played Radiant Dawn several times on Normal and thought maybe trying Hard mode might help me to improve how I play the game even more. I had to start over because.........Micahiah and One Survives chapter. She was just way too frail. But it's going good now, she's at a higher level than before, got a few boosts to HP and Def so I'm feeling better about her this time around.