Is Ganglari worth using?

Flareblade

If you didn't know, after you get 400 battle points, you can unlock Ganglari to use even after Chapter 5. However, every time you participate in combat with another unit, your HP gets reduced by 20%. Is it worth buying skills like Lifetaker and Renewal for my avatar just to use the sword or is it better to just not use it at all?

Do you lose the HP even if you are attacked on enemy phase and fail to counter?

Fire Emblem Wiki:

"However, aside from the stat drops associated with swords, it lowers the user's critical evade by 5 and reduces the user's health by 20% after all battles involving the user."

Give it to Saizo and give him Savage Blow and Poison strike with Vantage and Vengeance and he'll wreck house with that and the Sacrificial knife. He can use both as a master ninja after all.

Or honestly anybody you want with an EP based skillset. You can knock yourself down to vantage threshold with the sword and do absurd damage in return. I'll say the Sacrificial knife is better though because it has 1-2 range. I mentioned Saizo because it'll stack with his personal skill for that brutal -60% HP to any enemy who survives combat with him. But you could also use a female unit since they'll have access to Awakening, which is straight up busted with how amazing it is.

Edited by Ritisa

Fire Emblem Wiki:

"However, aside from the stat drops associated with swords, it lowers the user's critical evade by 5 and reduces the user's health by 20% after all battles involving the user."

That's wrong - the HP drop only works if the user is able to attack with it (note that this even happens with support attacks), and it boosts the user's crit evade by 5.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

This may sound like a stupid question but is it possible to get more Ganglari some how? Just wondering because Ganglari looks like a cool weapon imo.

You can only get Ganglari by doing the Weapons DLC map (mind you that weapons dropped are random), or talking to some of the characters that found an item in My Castle (they'll have a "!" bubble on their heads, which is also random).

You can only get Ganglari by doing the Weapons DLC map (mind you that weapons dropped are random), or talking to some of the characters that found an item in My Castle (they'll have a "!" bubble on their heads, which is also random).

Does it even show up in Museum Melee? I thought that it was only obtainable on Revelations (well, aside from the aforementioned Battle Points).

Having a copy of Fates, 2 3ds systems, and digital versions of fates on a 3ds allows you to get the "renown" awards again the first time you update the file of choice on the physical copy on the 3ds with the digital version of Fates.

Sounds complicated, but it worked for me.

It might not work still, not sure.

I think it has the highest unforged Mt of any sword or something, lower than the Hagakure and third-tier Yatos but better than everything else. So it has theoretical value in a situation where you don't have forged weapons, if you're willing to take the risk on the self-damage.

If you think about using it, I would recommend slapping Vantage and Awakening along with some life healing skills.

My Avatar is male and I wanted him to use it.

i recommend getting lifetaker and renewal if you're going to use it, since lifetaker will heal you after you use the ganglari to kill someone, and renewal for when/if you get attacked enemy turn.