why do female paladins have their butts exposed?

Ansem

Maybe because they have wider hips they need more space in the lower area of their armor? So the military saves money by make the armor more exposed for better comfort.

This was the first think I thought of reading this question...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This made me crack up and scare my cat at 2 in the morning. xD I'd throw it into my sig, but I don't know if it would put me over the limit.

So collect the quotes and put it About Me instead~! :P:

Anyway, I think it's because women = no pants, which is why important things like butts are exposed. Though pants doesn't add that much protection to armor. . .

Edited by eclipse

I'm surprised you guys took my post so seriously. Guess DanMan's signature is accurate after all.

It's hard to detect sarcasm over the internet, and I seem to be particularly sub-par at it.

(Though I've seen people on here make similiar statements non-sarcastically as a way to try and shut people up/"stop your whining".)

Well, then I guess I'll will eventually have to play as female Corrin after all. What are some of the classes that do not have visible thongs?

Edited by BrightBow

Wait, that's a thing?

Yup. It's really annoying.

Eh. Corrin's still a moronic pushover anyway. Especially in Conquest. Good god.

Also I guess if you're looking for a "reason" and aren't just crying sexism at everything you don't like. Women tend to have stronger reactions than men, generally speaking anyway. Still a little weird but nothing that's really a big deal.

Edited by cryogeist

Well, then I guess I'll will eventually have to play as female Corrin after all. What are some of the classes that do not have visible thongs?

Ones with pants, off the top of my head:

Master Ninja and Mechanist both have pants. Tier 1 ninja doesn't, but once promotion rolls around, pants get

Blacksmith has an 8 pack blacksmith is shredded; Oni Chieftain is also pants

Hero is pretty well-designed

Wyvern line (both Malig and WLord) are actually really nice; Camilla is a highly custom design

Ones with skirts but no ass hanging out:

Swordmaster

Master of Arms

Dread Fighter

Pegasi branch

really the battle panties are all in nohr classes bar Cornbread's personal Hoshido class so any generic Hoshido class is safe

fwiw Berserker gets this fur skirt on promotion so it doesn't look quite as absurd as its unpromoted counterpart like, who thought fighter's design, in either gender, is a good idea, why can't buff axeppl be actually stylish

well okay they can rinkah's like my favorite design i love Oni

Edited by Thor Odinson

Ones with pants, off the top of my head:

Master Ninja and Mechanist both have pants. Tier 1 ninja doesn't, but once promotion rolls around, pants get

Blacksmith has an 8 pack blacksmith is shredded; Oni Chieftain is also pants

Hero is pretty well-designed

Wyvern line (both Malig and WLord) are actually really nice; Camilla is a highly custom design

Ones with skirts but no ass hanging out:

Swordmaster

Master of Arms

Dread Fighter

Pegasi branch

really the battle panties are all in nohr classes bar Cornbread's personal Hoshido class so any generic Hoshido class is safe

Thanks for this extensive list. That's going to be very helpful.

I actually love the panty windows and cleavage windows and thin armor that this game has on both genders.

The game spreads the love, so who am I to not revel in it? I would complain about sexism if it were just the female units, but obviously there's just as much male unit fanservice as well.

I think that it's highly enjoyable and that fanservice should be just as present in the next game.

The crotch area is flexible to ride animals. Fates and Awakening actually isn't too far from reality, they just turn it up to 11, and yea that would be because they are pervs.

P52eDuz.jpg

Edited by Qilin

I actually love the panty windows and cleavage windows and thin armor that this game has on both genders.

The game spreads the love, so who am I to not revel in it? I would complain about sexism if it were just the female units, but obviously there's just as much male unit fanservice as well.

I don't know about that. At least I have yet to see Silas' buttocks. Or the thong of male Corrin for that matter. I have yet to even select female Corrin and I already know she is wearing a black thong because it's so blatantly visible that it can be seen even when she stands straight and faces the screen in the avatar creation menu.

Edited by BrightBow

I don't know about that. At least I have yet to see Silas' buttocks.

So? The armor on Paladins and Generals aren't even that noticeable for females. It feels to me like people are purposely looking for fanservice so that they can dislike it. I do think that there should be more classes like Male Fighter/Dark Mage.

I would totally be open to all Paladins and Generals lacking pants though. Equality is cool.

So? The armor on Paladins and Generals aren't even that noticeable for females. It feels to me like people are purposely looking for fanservice so that they can dislike it. I do think that there should be more classes like Male Fighter/Dark Mage.

Seriously? The butts of most characters are facing the screen on every single kill. This stuff isn't exactly hidden in some obscure corner in My Castle.

And the fact that the thongs on the Paladins and Generals is a large part of why they look so awful. It's irritating how they form such a massive contrast to how the rest of the outfit looks like. You average chainmail bikini would look far better then that.

Edited by BrightBow

Like when? Is the dialogue different?

Slightly, female Corrin usually just starts bawling after a character dies in the story.

Eh. Corrin's still a moronic pushover anyway. Especially in Conquest. Good god.

Also I guess if you're looking for a "reason" and aren't just crying sexism at everything you don't like. Women tend to have stronger reactions than men, generally speaking anyway. Still a little weird but nothing that's really a big deal.

Actually, there is little significant different in how men and women feel about things. Men are socialized to conceal their emotions, but that doesn't mean they don't feel them. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but should recognize that others might strongly care about these things.

I'm a man by the way, and it's manifestly obvious that sexist attitudes towards women are responsible for some of the artistic decisions. Awakening for all its flaws didn't have as many inane things like this.

Edited by kcirrot

Actually, there is little significant different in how men and women feel about things. Men are socialized to conceal their emotions, but that doesn't mean they don't feel them. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but should recognize that others might strongly care about these things.

I'm a man by the way, and it's manifestly obvious that sexist attitudes towards women are responsible for some of the artistic decisions. Awakening for all its flaws didn't have as many inane things like this.

I don't think I came off as saying men don't feel emotions? But I'm very much aware that they do, saying otherwise is pretty stupid. (And I've met some very emotional people -both genders-)

"Sexist attitude towards women are responsible for some of the artistic decisions"

I dunno man, considering the unit models and the in-game portraits. I'd say the fanservice goes both ways. Fighters, Dark Mages, FemPaladins & Generals, literally all the Ninjas in the game. Also the DLC pictures. It's a pretty even split if you ask me.

I dunno man, considering the unit models and the in-game portraits. I'd say the fanservice goes both ways. Fighters, Dark Mages, FemPaladins & Generals, literally all the Ninjas in the game. Also the DLC pictures. It's a pretty even split if you ask me.

"A pretty even split"? Not that IS isn't pandering to female players. They sure do, I learned that lesson when I used a female Avatar in Awakening in the hopes of finding an acceptable marriage candidate. But a bunch of open shirts on the male versions of classes are not in any way comparable to basically every Nohr class having visible thongs. Again, even the freaking Avatar has that and her outfit is otherwise identical looking to the male one. Nevermind that custom models of male characters tend to be more modest then their actual class, like Arthur for example, while the female ones tend to be more skimpy like Camilla.

Look, it's good for you when you like the designs. That's great. I'm happy for you. But saying that there is "a pretty even split" is just wrong to an absurd degree.

It's a pretty even split if you ask me.

I really don't think so. In fact, I found this little piece of fan art showing the male characters in the female classes' clothing to highlight the differences.

tumblr_o7hd5pb0Bh1rq11s7o1_500.png

tumblr_o7hd5pb0Bh1rq11s7o3_r1_500.png

Edited by Thane

Slightly, female Corrin usually just starts bawling after a character dies in the story.

Male Corrin also cries a lot.

In particular, Yuri's voice has a particulary long voice clip where Corrin is cries, and rather loudly as well.

And Male Corrin, again with Yuri's voice, when screaming "Mother!!" during Mikoto's death is bordeline hysterical.

It doesn't have do with gender, but rather the voice actors.

"A pretty even split"? Not that IS isn't pandering to female players. They sure do, I learned that lesson when I used a female Avatar in Awakening in the hopes of finding an acceptable marriage candidate. But a bunch of open shirts on the male versions of classes are not in any way comparable to basically every Nohr class having visible thongs. Again, even the freaking Avatar has that and her outfit is otherwise identical looking to the male one. Nevermind that custom models of male characters tend to be more modest then their actual class, like Arthur for example, while the female ones tend to be more skimpy like Camilla.

Look, it's good for you when you like the designs. That's great. I'm happy for you. But saying that there is "a pretty even split" is just wrong to an absurd degree.

"Basically every Nohr class having visable thongs"

Only ones I can think of are Fighter (Both) and Paladin/General (Female). Unless I'm forgetting a few classes that really isn't a whole lot. And if you really want to get anal about Camilla's outfit then Odin's pretty feaking skimpy as well. Sorry if I don't really see what's there to get worked up over?

I really don't think so. In fact, I found this little piece of fan art showing the male characters in the female classes' clothing to highlight the differences.

tumblr_o7hd5pb0Bh1rq11s7o1_500.png

tumblr_o7hd5pb0Bh1rq11s7o3_r1_500.png

I've seen those two before. I thought it was more funny than anything else. Edited by cryogeist

"Basically every Nohr class having visable thongs"

Only ones I can think of are Fighter (Both) and Paladin/General (Female). Unless I'm forgetting a few classes that really isn't a whole lot. And if you really want to get anal about Camilla's outfit then Odin's pretty feaking skimpy as well. Sorry if I don't really see what's there to get worked up over?

From the classes that are currently available to me, there would be Nohr Princess, Nohr Noble, Cavalier, Knight, Paladin, Great Knight and Dark Mage. (Owain's outfit might show a bit of skin but please don't tell it's no different from the outfit Nowi 2.0 is wearing. Owain is actually wearing pants for starters.) From what I've heard Dark Knight has them as well. Malign Knight shouldn't have them but since the playable Malign Knight is Camilla... Well, otherwise the Wyvern class series seems to be the only armored classchain without such a thing. Or at least it's not made blatantly visible.

Also, you are completely ignoring the context in which I brought up Camilla. But whatever.

Edited by BrightBow

From the classes that are currently available to me, there would be Nohr Princess, Nohr Noble, Cavalier, Knight, Paladin and Great Knight. From what I've heard Dark Knight has them as well.

Also, you are completely ignoring the context in which I brought up Camilla. But whatever.

Huh. Well alright then. Guess I just didn't notice with those ones.

And am I? I don't really think I'm missing the point there, you mentioned character specific models like Camilla's and I just mentioned Odin's is in a similar boat... Whatever I don't think we should continue this mess considering it's obvious we don't agree with each other.

Also, if I pissed you off during this then sorry, that wasn't really my intention.