why do female paladins have their butts exposed?

Ansem

Huh. Well alright then. Guess I just didn't notice with those ones.

And am I? I don't really think I'm missing the point there, you mentioned character specific models like Camilla's and I just mentioned Odin's is in a similar boat... Whatever I don't think we should continue this mess considering it's obvious we don't agree with each other.

Also, if I pissed you off during this then sorry, that wasn't really my intention.

Nah, I'm not pissed. I hope I wasn't too rude.

I was referring to characters who use a a model that looks different from the regular of their default class. Owain's outfit design is just that from the generic dark mage. Meanwhile Camilla's is not using the regular Malign Knight design. Hence why I compared her to Arthur.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think so. In fact, I found this little piece of fan art showing the male characters in the female classes' clothing to highlight the differences.

tumblr_o7hd5pb0Bh1rq11s7o1_500.png

tumblr_o7hd5pb0Bh1rq11s7o3_r1_500.png

This sounds like a pretty fun time. I would be A-OK with this type of equality

Nah, I'm not pissed. I hope I wasn't too rude.

I was referring to characters who use a a model that looks different from the regular of their default class. Owain's design is just that from the regular dark mage. Meanwhile Camilla's is not using the regular Malign Knight design. Hence why I compared her to Arthur.

Oh. Oh! I think I get it now. But even then most characters don't even get to keep their design once they upgrade.

Camilla's the only one I can really think of off the top of my head. Really I think this kind of circles back around to the wasted potential Fates has as a whole.

Edited by cryogeist

So? The armor on Paladins and Generals aren't even that noticeable for females

Have you not used Effie? For a while I just thought they were pinkish pants to go with her armor.

Then I saw Sophie.

Then I promoted Peri.

Then I reclass FCorrin to paladin.

You're bound to see it.

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

Yeah every time Effie kills an enemy and is shown from a rear camera, she poses and moves her ass. At first I was like wait what. Then I was like groosssss. And then I was just 'whoa IS u sux'.

Yeah every time Effie kills an enemy and is shown from a rear camera, she poses and moves her ass. At first I was like wait what. Then I was like groosssss. And then I was just 'whoa IS u sux'.

am i missing something or do you mean charlotte

You're probably missing something because Effie as Knight and General poses when killing an enemy.

Edit: similar to how Oboro or Orochi pose when defeating an enemy, but at least they're cool poses. ALTHOUGH, Orochi's pose as Diviner shows her butt a bit.

Edit: oh and Charlotte too

Edited by Quintessence

Oh, you mean when she is, like, crossing her legs or some ish? I know what pose you mean. The first thing I honestly noted about that pose was that she was moving very slowly, then I realized that Knight heavy armor was, well, heavy and that she had to do all that because she didn't want to face plant attempting to pose after bodying an enemy. I didn't really think hers was pandering, not because of the camera view, at least--most of the victory shots for all characters are done from this over-the-shoulder/behind-the-character angle.

As for Charlotte, I like her victory pose. Gives her some character and displays her personality perfectly, in my opinion.

I guess to summarize how I feel is, while I do squint at some of the design choices (no-pants-cavaliers/cavalier design in general/no-pants-Camilla), I still like them even though I feel they could have been done better.

Don't Peri wears pants, before she promotes, tho?

I never thought that seeing exposed panties on a female Knight can produce so much hate. It seems kinda silly to get worked up about it this much. I don't mind discussion and what not, but sexism is being brought up now? Isn't there at least two or three female designs being overly sexualized is always a thing in most games like this? At least in this one the men get in on it too.

Also, did the female Cavs in Awakening wear pants? My memory's kinda foggy but I think they were khaki and the inner thighs were exposed.

Don't Peri wears pants, before she promotes, tho?

Actually I don't think she does. I thought it just looked like pants.

Regardless after she promotes (as people are wont to do, that is promote her) she's suddenly now pantless the entire time.

Why? Just look at my avatar. :p.

But seriously, i wonder what is higher on IS priorties? Realism, or Fanservice? (I'm leaning towards fanservice.)

The first time i saw Effie's battle animation i was like ''surely those are just pink pants''. Then i saw Azura's dance. Then i saw Paladin.

This sounds like a pretty fun time. I would be A-OK with this type of equality

I don't think that's a good idea.

Dancers have always been skimpy, though. I give them a pass.

Ninian begs to differ. :P:

I mean, Azura's wearing more than the likes of Sylvia, but IIRC we're not getting near-panty shots of the latter. Or dresses where part of the side is mysteriously missing.

Still, I'd prefer it if the garb didn't scream fanservice, regardless of which way you the player swings.

but Sylvia is pixelated >_>

Honestly this might sounds like the biggest broken record statement ever, but i don't mind fanservicey design. Like at all. But the armor design of FE13 and FE14 in general is just fucking silly, and thats my main problem

I don't really mind either, but it's silly to have the characters' panties be visible.

I miss Titania.

kda8lt.png

I'd give 5 internet cookies to the (wo)man who gives that art the Nohr colors and redraws Camilla's head on it.

5 internet cookies! What are you waiting for, artists!?