KoF XIV Discussion Thread: PC version released

Jedi

Eventhough this was made in prep for KoF12, I'm finding it very helpful for prepping myself for 14, and getting myself back into the mindset of being a contender possibly

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King has a pretty low technicality and is generally fun IMO. I would suggest her, as she can zone, if you aren't looking for a newcomer. I couldn't find a full moveset video from 13 but here was her specials there.

I'm terrible at KoF and fighting games in general but I still enjoy them.

Edited by Tryhard

I'm terrible at KoF and fighting games in general but I still enjoy them.

I'm pretty bad at them myself, I'm trying to push myself to get better now though haha.

I second King. Also Ralf. Although most of his specials are cheesy as heck, he has great normals, and you could get away with just learning how to combo his crouching light punch/ close heavy punch/ etc. into his command grab and use the hard knockdown to go for some simple pressure and mixups.

If you want more learning resources, definitely check out the tutorial section on the Dream Cancel main site, as well as peek around some of the KoF game pages on the Shoryuken Wiki. (XIII has the most informative, and vanilla 2k2 is nice as well)

It's also nice to watch 98/2k2 GGPO/Fightcade/etc. matches on Youtube. You can really learn the flow of the game, different options, ways to use moves, different combos, etc.

I second King. Also Ralf. Although most of his specials are cheesy as heck, he has great normals, and you could get away with just learning how to combo his crouching light punch/ close heavy punch/ etc. into his command grab and use the hard knockdown to go for some simple pressure and mixups.

If you want more learning resources, definitely check out the tutorial section on the Dream Cancel main site, as well as peek around some of the KoF game pages on the Shoryuken Wiki. (XIII has the most informative, and vanilla 2k2 is nice as well)

It's also nice to watch 98/2k2 GGPO/Fightcade/etc. matches on Youtube. You can really learn the flow of the game, different options, ways to use moves, different combos, etc.

Thanks for the advice Gemma, I'm playing around on 2K2 right now, just relearning KoF, I'm so glad to see I can remember the inputs of people I used to use alot haha.

Andy Bogard seems to have become my best somehow.

pls tell me Khushnood butt is in ;-;

ooh nice Kim finally got his own team that's not complete shit.

I don't like the switch to 3d, but I'll definitely get this if I ever get a PS4

pls tell me Khushnood butt is in ;-;

They don't seem to want to make the established characters older, so not many Garou people appear overall (Other than like Tizoc, and Rock appears as a kid in some of Terry's win poses throughout KoF), although the director of KoF14 has said he wants to do something with the Garou: Mark of the Wolves/Fatal Fury name

http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10139.html

B. Jenet and Gato have appeared in KoF as well. And then Rock was in Maximum Impact :v

Also, I've got a 98 UM Steam key sitting around if anyone's interested.

Thanks for the advice Gemma, I'm playing around on 2K2 right now, just relearning KoF, I'm so glad to see I can remember the inputs of people I used to use alot haha.

Andy Bogard seems to have become my best somehow.

You playing 2k2 UM? Andy is beastly in that game~

Either way, we've gotta get some matches together!

ooh nice Kim finally got his own team that's not complete shit.

*spits out drink

3v3 me bro

B. Jenet and Gato have appeared in KoF as well. And then Rock was in Maximum Impact :v

Also, I've got a 98 UM Steam key sitting around if anyone's interested.

You playing 2k2 UM? Andy is beastly in that game~

Either way, we've gotta get some matches together!

Whoops, sorry its been quite some time since I've been into the franchise, so thanks for the correction.

I'd be interested in the key for 98!

Yeah Andy is quite awesome in this game, Mai is pretty legit too, I just hope they are both solid in 14, I heard they weren't so hot in 13, :/

it's not happening poly

we're not getting vanessa or shen

it's a shame since Shen is legit beast and probably one of if not the best beginner character

Edited by Tryhard

Zarin beat ya to the punch, Jedi :v

We should totally play some 2k2 UM though~

I really do wonder if they're considering DLC. It would be cool if they brought in individual fighters, or even whole teams. Personally rooting for Whip and Duck King :v

KOF XIV - Team Gameplay Trailer #3 “FATAL FURY”

--

I really do wonder if they're considering DLC. It would be cool if they brought in individual fighters, or even whole teams. Personally rooting for Whip and Duck King :v

Well there was a leak on the supposed planned DLC a while ago

I hope it's true because it had Vanessa

this was were it came from iirc

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/209188/kofxiv-dlcs-leaked-list

Edited by Tonton

Son of a biscuit, yeah we should sometime, when my net isn't meh :V

KOF XIV - Team Gameplay Trailer #3 “FATAL FURY”

--

Well there was a leak on the supposed planned DLC a while ago

I hope it's true because it had Vanessa

Sweet vid, of my peeps, except Joe, I've never been good with Joe haha.

Ah, so that leak has a character added on to each team, and... a team with Ash and Krizalid? Interesting. Anyways with all those characters it would be hard to complain, especially since they've got some pretty big ones on there.

They also need costume DLC. I need every Athena costume (including Goddess Athena) and Alice in a nurse uniform~

I know they have the classic Kyo costume, so who knows?

Ah, so that leak has a character added on to each team, and... a team with Ash and Krizalid? Interesting. Anyways with all those characters it would be hard to complain, especially since they've got some pretty big ones on there.

Supposedly it's a single shapeshifting character that can transform into those two and Yashiro being part of the official invitation team

O just hope they price the character DLC right if they're going for that by making them free

I'd like Shen Woo back for. . .other reasons. Tee-hee~!

I hope that "leak" is true, because Whip looks like the type of irritating ranged character I'd like.

I hope that "leak" is true, because Whip looks like the type of irritating ranged character I'd like.

Whip can even grab with that long ranged whip of hers haha, its quite the versatile weapon.

*spits out drink

3v3 me bro

44923118e6.jpg

I just like the look of Kim's new team more, is all. Might have come out a tad too strong, sorry.

They don't seem to want to make the established characters older, so not many Garou people appear overall (Other than like Tizoc, and Rock appears as a kid in some of Terry's win poses throughout KoF), although the director of KoF14 has said he wants to do something with the Garou: Mark of the Wolves/Fatal Fury name

http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10139.html

Wow that's nice to know,, I hope they do something with Garou soon :0

Well, Khushnood Butt is in some backgrounds of KoF XIII so it's safe to say that he's old enough I guess.

Wow that's nice to know,, I hope they do something with Garou soon :0

Well, Khushnood Butt is in some backgrounds of KoF XIII so it's safe to say that he's old enough I guess.

My bad on my derp on KoF/Garou knowledge there ^^;

Also Tonton showed us the Fatal Fury team trailer, there have been 2 others, that I'll link for peoples viewing pleasure as well.

Team Japan featuring Kyo, Benimaru, Daimon

Team Yagami featuring Iori, Vice, Mature

I just like the look of Kim's new team more, is all. Might have come out a tad too strong, sorry.

lol it's all good~ tbh I didn't like Choi back in the day :v Anyways, it's hard to compete with the waifu...

Shen confirmed best husbando.

Yeah, Whip is really great :v She's a pretty unique character, too.

Edited by Gemma

ATLUS just announced a Limited Edition for the game in the US

aFnRRCa.jpg

SteelBook® – The game disc will be encased in a collectible SteelBook® emblazoned with the series’ fiery mainstay, Kyo Kusanagi, literally burning to fight.
Art book – This 144-page art book will be filled with original character/stage drawings from throughout the series.
3-Disc Soundtrack – Those looking for an audio fix will be able to enjoy a three-disc soundtrack (housed in a gorgeous Mai Shiranui illustrated case) comprised of 60+ electric songs worthy of the greatest fighting tournament in the world.
Collector’s Box – All the above items will be packaged in a scorching box adorned with familiar characters.
Price seems to be $79.99
They also posted a trailer that's essentially the Fatal Fury Team Trailer I posted earlier but with the LE information at the end
Edited by Tonton

Oh man.

I've been following KoF for longer than some of the people on this forum have been alive.

. . .I'm sorry, wallet, but that art book is MINE!