KoF XIV Discussion Thread: PC version released

Jedi

If by "class" you mean "shirt partially unbuttoned".

This is the classic Art of Fighting feature where, if you defeat King with a special moves, her clothes get torn off, revealing she's actually a girl. In AoF 2 all the characters had this, but Yuri and King have kept it in some of the KoF games.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the classic Art of Fighting feature where, if you defeat King with a special moves, her clothes get torn off, revealing she's actually a girl. In AoF 2 all the characters had this, but Yuri and King have kept it in some of the KoF games.

I'm aware of that, erm, feature. However, King was the only one with that art, and the shirt was unbuttoned, not ripped. Hence why it felt unnecessary.

Nah, it's totally ripped. Also Yuri has the same artwork :P

Yeah, Momoko is such a cool character to play, it would be neat to see her come back. For now, it seems like they want to keep the classic Psycho Soldier team, but maybe they'll toss in Momoko or Bao in the future.

Hey I have a question for y'all. As with basically every KOF since '95, it looks like they gave way too many tools to Iori, and as a direct result, the tournament play I've been watching to keep in the loop has been flooded with him. Everybody has at least a pocket Iori. I realize this is not a hardcore KOF forum, but I was wondering, have any of you got any hard counter characters or counter strategies to shut down an annoying Iori? Barring that, I'd settle for an entertaining anecdote about beating a scrub who just spammed his specials.

Nah, it's totally ripped. Also Yuri has the same artwork :P

Yeah, Momoko is such a cool character to play, it would be neat to see her come back. For now, it seems like they want to keep the classic Psycho Soldier team, but maybe they'll toss in Momoko or Bao in the future.

I just want to see Momoko dancing and fangirling over breasts again

Hey I have a question for y'all. As with basically every KOF since '95, it looks like they gave way too many tools to Iori, and as a direct result, the tournament play I've been watching to keep in the loop has been flooded with him. Everybody has at least a pocket Iori. I realize this is not a hardcore KOF forum, but I was wondering, have any of you got any hard counter characters or counter strategies to shut down an annoying Iori? Barring that, I'd settle for an entertaining anecdote about beating a scrub who just spammed his specials.

More Iori? I am okay with this new development.

Terry and the dude in your avatar man. Or the art of fighting team.

Edited by Magical CC

Terry and the dude in your avatar man. Or the art of fighting team.

If what you say is true, that suits me just fine, since my go-to team has been Ryo/Terry/K' for a while now. I can't wait for the netcode to get that patch they promised.

If what you say is true, that suits me just fine, since my go-to team has been Ryo/Terry/K' for a while now. I can't wait for the netcode to get that patch they promised.

Ryo/Terry/K sounds like a pretty good trio, from the tournament matches i've seen. Although I would suggest you get one person in a trio who's good at being "fast" and poking people with decently ranged attacks, but I think K might have that well enough.

Meanwhile here I am worrying about Andy Bogard being low tier again ._. but at least he's been in a few top 8 sets so maybe not.

Edited by Jedi

Iori has a lot of moves that seem abusable that actually have a ton of cooldown. If someone is spamming sweep, dragon punch, or the 3rd hit of his rekka, block it/get around it and punish. Also his fireball has quite a bit of cooldown, so if they do it too close in neutral you can just jump over it and hit him.
Also watch out for his crossup with his air back+LK command normal. It's kinda tricky cause they can jump over you where it seems like nothing would hit, then BAM, but once you get used to it, it becomes easier to see when people go for it, especially if they're a bit sloppy with it.
And the netcode patch has been out for a few days now, so huzzah! Too bad Zarin and I still have bad connection :<

lmao Mian. Also Nak and all her shenanigans -_- Seriously invincible bird cling is just silly.

I believe Nakoruru is so OP as an apology after 20 years of waiting to see her in an official canon KOF. She was the most popular SNK character that doesn't appear in KoF.

I believe Nakoruru is so OP as an apology after 20 years of waiting to see her in an official canon KOF. She was the most popular SNK character that doesn't appear in KoF.

It's probably more because well, maybe partly what you said, but she doesn't have to worry nearly as much about being entirely outranged like she typically is in Samurai Shodown, considering the main reason she was so fast and mobile was to be able to maybe skate around all the huge weapons, but here she is, with the similar mechanics, but not as much disjoint to avoid, so it kinda allows her to go ham.

Although its still early, so who knows she may be less OP than she appears now, i'm sure counterplay will happen, etc etc.

Edited by Jedi

• 2 months later...

How many "now it looks like a PS3 game" comments have you seen? Cuz if I played a drinking game with it I'd be drunk out of my mind. (I dunno what they're talking about, the update looks fantastic.)

I'd be dead if I drank to all of those.