KoF XIV Discussion Thread: PC version released

Jedi

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STORY TRAILER

ANTONOV TRAILER

Demo will be up on the PSN on the 19th including Kyo, Mai, Iori, Sylvie, TizocKing of Dinosars, Shun'ei and Nelson

More here:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/17/the-king-of-fighters-xiv-demo-out-july-19-fighter-guide/

Wait, Shun'ei as a demo fighter? COUNT ME IN!

The story sounds like it holds the possibility of bringing back literally everyone. Hopefully, it'll be less messy than Ash's saga.

EDIT: Why do I get the feeling I'm going to wind up playing Sylvie, even though I despise most of her character?

Edited by eclipse

Would absolutely love getting a demo, but my controller has problems with fighting games. I'm going to wait for a better one or, maybe, get an actual fightstick.

That Antonov dude looks completely boring, both his moves and his design. I wont be surprised if he's not the real boss.

the official site has him listed as "boss" while having another character as "final boss"

it was the same for the leaks iirc

Demo is gonna be so fun~ It's got Sylvieeee~ Even got local multiplayer :)

Also PS3 fightstick compatibility was confirmed. Epic stuff~

Hey Gemma, since I don't have a PS4 yet. Wanna test out Mai for me? She's one of my go tos and is the only one of them on this demo :P:

Blame the old guy. :P:

Star Platinum Shun'ei looks amazing, Old Guy's kinda strange in a good way, and I can't tell what's up with the third member of their team. Still, it'll be interesting to see what Our Hero's role in the story is.

heck yeah Tung was one of my mains in XI, along with B. Jenet. Super Canceling from his mashing punch attack feels so good :,)

Gonna pick him up in XIV too~ Also Meitenkun looks so fun, dat Sonic Boom-esque pillow throw tho.

Ah, that old dude from Fatal Fury.

Edit: seriously, you guys dont know him?

Oh, it's not Terry Bogard Fury?

(but seriously, I have very little knowledge of the series, other than HOW IS ROCK THE SON OF GEESE?!)

Oh, it's not Terry Bogard Fury?

(but seriously, I have very little knowledge of the series, other than HOW IS ROCK THE SON OF GEESE?!)

Well, time flew by. In 2001, you see the little kid who sometimes appears in Terry's intro? It's Rock. And Garou The Mask of Wolf happened in a not very far future where Terry is an old dude and Rock went crazy with his power. We will probably see his debut in KOF XX or KOF XXI.

Edited by Magical CC

Notes:

- Kim shows up at ~19:00. Rest of the match is really good.

- Benimaru's range seems pretty damn good

- Hein is a sexy dude in white (~29:00). Ramon shows up in this match, too.

- Leona's V-Bomber (I think that's what it called?) at ~31:20. . .y'know what, just watch it, I'm not sure what happened.

- Ramon hits like a damn truck

- It's Ryo, not Rio de Janeiro

- Kensou shows up at ~1:13:00, and he looks really different

- The hell happened at 1:26:44?!

Overall, it's well worth the watch! The game looks really smooth, and I don't regret pre-ordering it!

Yeah theres tons of really good moments in those sets, I love almost all the matches involving King, the Leona stuff is great too. and just EVERYTHING, these players are so fun to watch.

Athena - she's not my style, but it's familiar

Kensou - WHERE'S THE MEAT BUN?!

Chin - Those super cut-ins make him seem a lot more terrifying

IIRC Athena and Kensou were roughly the same age. It would be really weird if she were traipsing around in a school uniform at the ripe old age of 20, so I'm going to guess that's she's 17-18 and he's somewhere around there.