Best Bow or Yumi in the game?

poptdp

Fuujin Yumi literally oneshots the most annoying and very hard to double units on chapter 10 LUNATIC (and let's be real if Takumi's hit rates are "bad" everyone else is even worse, between his 17 base skill and WTA against ninjas--he does 26dmg for 26hp at base there) and has chapter 11 right after aka the ENTIRE CHAPTER FULL OF FLIERS and does 50 something damage against promoted enemies which yes, is a clean oneshot

like, you're not gonna fucking double ninjas. MAYBE Hinoka thanks to high speed+darting blow. MAYBE. nobody else even has a chance.

I fail to see how his early-joining performance is bad at all. A much stronger case against takumi would be around midgame, but really can you just stop making arguments against things you have no actual field experience with and no concrete data analysis on

also if you want anecdotes on one of my phoenix corn+ryoma speedruns for my lobster army I had a lv 17 dread fighter cornflake by chapter 10 or something with like, 20s in str and spd at least after shuriken bonuses and this motherfucker takes the majority of my health because i had to double back to fite him (did you know if you kick his ass he'll join you in the end). I mean i lived bc it's lolphoenix speedruns but from that point on i make sure to deal with him with a sword on pp before he can fuck me up because DAMN. DO NOT FIGHT TAKUMI EP IT IS NOT PLEASANT

DreadCorn is a /far/ more durable shuriken user than Lunatic ninjas

Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said I was talking about lategame?

Your right, who did say you were talking about late-game? It certainly wasn't any of us.

Because I wasn't - I was thinking more from an earlygame perspective, where you don't have stuff like Certain Blow to shore up hit rates (unless you're willing to buy skills, that is).

And you don't need Certain Blow to shore up hit rates because Takumi almost always has a 90% or more on anything when he isn't right in the face of a Dark Knight/trying to hit a Swordmaster.

Anyways, I generally find Fujin's power overkill in a two-shot, and not enough to one-shot, unless you're targeting something with wings (though most other bows would likely do the trick regardless in that case), or something frail.

For one thing, I thought you never used Takumi and for a second thing, Bullshit.

What's more, I prefer Kinshi Knight over Sniper anyhow - sniping reinforcement fliers before they can threaten my main force is something I'd consider a godsend.

ok?

are we supposed to care or something?

what point is this statement trying to make?

Takumi certainly has some problems as a unit (like most archers) but his accuracy isn't one. And if it were, you could always give him a forged brass bow.

I agree that there's a tendency to overrate archers by some people (e.g. neither Takumi nor Shinon are anywhere near the best units in their respective games, yet I've seen both hyped as such) but Takumi certainly isn't a bad unit and is worth playing around with.

Who said I was talking about lategame? Because I wasn't - I was thinking more from an earlygame perspective, where you don't have stuff like Certain Blow to shore up hit rates (unless you're willing to buy skills, that is). Anyways, I generally find Fujin's power overkill in a two-shot, and not enough to one-shot, unless you're targeting something with wings (though most other bows would likely do the trick regardless in that case), or something frail. What's more, I prefer Kinshi Knight over Sniper anyhow - sniping reinforcement fliers before they can threaten my main force is something I'd consider a godsend.

Ok, are you really going to talk early game when he one shots things/Assists in Attack Stance, and bypasses bad terrain including on his join map?

Fact of the matter is, you have no ground to even be arguing this, because you don't have any experience to back it up, you only have your flawed theories. Which don't hold water against people who have actually used the character and weapon in question.

Levant, if you've never used Takumi at all and you're not going to do Lumi-tier math to back up your shit, then you should really stop talking about Takumi (and other units you've never used) lest you make yourself look even less credible than you already do.

Be that as it may, I really hate actually trying out someone who gets a lot of hype, only for them to under-deliver. That only serves to make me wary about other hyped units. (Incidentally, this is exactly why I don't buy into all the Takumi praise - because I've been burned by a hyped unit before)

if you don't want to try takumi then by all means don't. but then don't go around judging how good or bad fujin yumi and takumi is.

Levant, if you've never used Takumi at all and you're not going to do Lumi-tier math to back up your shit, then you should really stop talking about Takumi (and other units you've never used) lest you make yourself look even less credible than you already do.

Okay, fine. I'll form my final opinion once I actually get around to using him. I'm just not willing to trust others' word on the issue because I did for Edward, only to be disappointed big time.

Well I'm late to the debate, so I'll be quick and say that the Fujin Yumi is the best bow and one of the main factors in making Takumi a contender for best archer in the series.

Well considering his only other major competition in the archer department is Ryan in FE12, and those reasons he's solid don't really have to do much with his class until later, yeah.

Snipers on the other hand, we've had our fair share of good ones of those.

Okay, fine. I'll form my final opinion once I actually get around to using him. I'm just not willing to trust others' word on the issue because I did for Edward, only to be disappointed big time.

takumi has base 17+2 skl and 13 luck which means he adds 35 hit to any bow he owns, so he has 105 hit at base level

not factoring in support boosts which give him a bunch of extra stats

he gets +10 against enemies he has WTA against

he also has a skill growth of fucking 60% before class bonuses are added in (75%/80% after depending on class)

promotion to sniper also nets him even more skill, skill growth, and +10 to his hit

what is your damage on this? base Ryoma has a hit of fucking 117 and he's a solid 10-15 levels ahead and Ryoma's skill growth caps at 65%.. so Takumi grows faster than ryoma

furthermore he has base 27 atk with a Fujin Yumi and Fujin Yumi ignores Terrain so he does much more damage than anyone in your army when he joins

104 accuracy is hardly inaccurate and still about on par or better than people in your army aside from shuriken users who don't do nearly as much killing to compensate

Edited by Lord Raven

I really don't care what you end up thinking about Takumi as a unit. However, you do realize that the only reason people are griping at you is because you literally admitted to never using him, you've shown no evidence to doing the amount of in-depth math Lumi does regarding character stats, and you're still trying to argue that he sucks despite knowing nothing about him other than what other people say about him? Even if you didn't admit to us that you've never used him, you'd know that you never used him and therefore would be passing on faulty reasoning anyway.

No one cares if you're wary of trying out a unit because you don't want to be disappointed by false hype. But if you're not willing to give them a try or do the math to figure out where they stand, then you shouldn't be talking shit about that character in the first place.

Also I gotta say the Acrobat effect on the Fujin Yumi is pretty underrated. On some maps it doesn't do anything because the terrain's all level anyway but anywhere that has trees or mountains Takumi just zooms around. It's also great that he has this effect no matter what he's doing as long as the Fujin Yumi is in his inventory (and why wouldn't it be?). Situational for sure but it's handy even on his debut map in BR so it pays off very quickly.

Yeah Fujin yumi + takumi's personal makes him arguably the best out-of-the-box bow wielder in fates. Mozu is a close second (or surpasses him under few conditions depending on the map) for her massive stat growth advantages (easily ends up with ~5 more speed than takumi, as much str, skill, def, and res in revelations at similar levels in all 3 of my lunatic playthroughs).

Anyway, +4-7 forged iron or silver yumi (i'd do iron if you're the type to use galeforce, replicate, or bait enemies into an archer's counterattacks), fujin yumi, and dual yumi are the bows you want.

Depending on how many you can get for forging, killer bow is up there too. Most times I just go for the raw MT.

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

Fujin Yumi is the best bow ever but it's not much help to a Bow Knight or anyone on Conquest...

I'm surprised by the lack of mention of Crescent Bow. I wouldn't use it as a primary means of attack, but combining that with offensive skills (I've got Life and Death, Aggressor, and Spendthrift) lets you destroy pretty much anything that isn't dodgy, and then you can Galeforce over to some other enemy and ping them with a Spy's Yumi or something to get your strength back.

Not something I use because Pursuer but if we ever get high-level DLC I expect being able to do lots of damage before the enemy can counter to be pretty nice.

Fujin Yumi is the best bow ever but it's not much help to a Bow Knight or anyone on Conquest...

I'm surprised by the lack of mention of Crescent Bow. I wouldn't use it as a primary means of attack, but combining that with offensive skills (I've got Life and Death, Aggressor, and Spendthrift) lets you destroy pretty much anything that isn't dodgy, and then you can Galeforce over to some other enemy and ping them with a Spy's Yumi or something to get your strength back.

Not something I use because Pursuer but if we ever get high-level DLC I expect being able to do lots of damage before the enemy can counter to be pretty nice.

Yeah I don't mention this game's brave bow because it needs offensive triggers, galeforce, or replicate to get over the STR cut. I like it on adventurers with good magic though; just switch to shining bow next turn.

IIRC you can't forge Nohrian weapons in Birthright even if you get the relevant weapons and gems (and vice versa), but I'm not confident about this so someone else should probably confirm/deny. EDIT: Ninja confirmed.

Note that if you visit a Nhorian/Vallah Castle with a forge you can forge them there. and Vice Versa. (Valla can forge all)

This is naturally far less reliable but still the option is there considering you generally have to visit other castles for the gems anyways.

that said the Main Bows I have been using are

Killer Bow-Main monster if available, Otherwise go with your Iron Bow of chose for main ranged shenanigans

Mini Bow-Best close Ranged Bow as it has little to no drawbacks other than acting as a normal melee weapon. Great for my Sniper Mozu when she needs to retaliate at close range.

Dual Yumi lets Bow users control the weapon triangle without resorting to another weapon, as a Yumi it does suffer in accuracy though.

I don't really use any other bows as anything higher ranked was super nerfed so... yeah... (I excluded a certain prf weapon naturally)

I am rather fond of Setsuna's Yumi...equipped on Setsuna o'course. The strange mix of anxiety from it's naturally low accuracy and satisfaction from the debuff when it hits is quite entertaining.

Dual Yumi lets Bow users control the weapon triangle without resorting to another weapon, as a Yumi it does suffer in accuracy though.

... which isn't a problem when you're using it against the weapons that would normally have the WTA on bows, which is what dual- weapons are specifically made for.

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

I am rather fond of Setsuna's Yumi...equipped on Setsuna o'course. The strange mix of anxiety from it's naturally low accuracy and satisfaction from the debuff when it hits is quite entertaining.

Oh, I love using Setsuna's Yumi! Although I usually give it to Takumi.

Other than that and the obvious Fujin Yumi, I love the Killer Bow and the Spy's Yumi.

Funny thing about Setsuna's Yumi... it forges pretty well if you're lucky to get enough of 'em, and then you have a reasonably strong bow with a debuff attached and the only major downside is lower Hit than other forged weapons (but comparable Hit to unforged ones). I have a +4 and I think it has 15 Might, which isn't bad considering the effect attached and the fact it can double and activate crits/skills. Keep a more accurate weapon handy for when you need ti though.