Cipher Series 7 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: Dec 16: Tournament Promos Revealed!

Kirie

frontier_23_03.png

I'm glad that Hisame got another card! But again he is not promoted... Is he going to have a promoted card one day or what? LoL . Possessed Sumeragi and the Cornwell siblings, good!

The Risen art looks interesting too!

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

Why is Hisame's hair reddish?? Isn't his default hair the same color than Hinata? A more brown one? Here looks very reddish.

Is probably the light, but looks funny, like if Corrin, Hinoka or Sakura were his mother xD

Today's card reveal is the penultimate card of the royal panorama, Takumi SR!

I want 30 of this card plz!

Edited by SniperGYS

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He probably is.

The Nohr kids with only level 2 versions before hand (Ignatius and Percy) got Level 1 and 3's in the last set.

Hisame and Midori were the only Hoshido kids with level 2 versions and (and Midori got Nohr 1/3 in the last set). Hisame needed a level 1 to be able to used as a mc, and now all Hisame fans can use him as a MC.

Nyx had a level 2 and a 4/3 and got a level 1 in the last set. Orochi has a 2 and a (3/2?) and is now getting a level 1.

Int Sys knows what they are doing.

Edited by Draxal

First time observing this thread, but I've been following along on the S7 reveals and would like to share some opinions. I'd just like to say that I haven't explored Blazing Sword that much yet due to my recent entry into the franchise, so this'll mostly detail the Fates cast. Apologies! That being said, though, I'm definitely playing Blazing Sword at some point. Anyway...

King Ryoma - I guess I understand why the art isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I think his attire as king looks absolutely badass. It's got the horned mask, similar to his old dad's outfit, and the overall color scheme and attire look really good IMO. Definitely a big fan.

New Hinoka - Simply beautiful art. I've rarely seen Hinoka look this good. Between the vibrant colors, the little details, her hair and her expression, there's just so much I like about this one.

New Takumi - Bishōnen pineapple is back in action, I see. Not too much to say about this one; it looks great overall and Castle Shirasagi in the background is a very nice added detail.

Kinshi Knights - Awesome to see this class is getting more love. While I don't consider them the best unit type in the games due to their meh class boost total and low caps, I hope they're more effective in Cipher. Kinshi Setsuna and Kiragi look great.

Saizo & Kagero - Pairing bias aside, these two look fantastic individually and plain marvelous together, what with Saizo's garb having still more red to go with the fire theme and Kagero just looking beautiful in white. The elemental effects add a nice touch as well, and despite not playing the card game myself, I can infer that their skills pretty much go hand in hand. Mayo, please be a badass and release the dual artwork on Twitter/pixiv.

Swordmaster Shiro - Kind of unexpected, since S6 Siegbert remains a Paladin, but this is already one of my favorite cards since Shiro somehow wields dual Raijintō. My best guess is that Raijintō is a set of two katana, with one locked away for safety reasons and Ryoma possibly being a better single-wielder than dual-wielder, but who knows. Anyway, huge fan of this one.

Master of Arms Hana - It's a pretty cool card, especially the background, the purple aura around Hana and the metric shitton of weapons she's somehow able to carry despite her petite frame, but I'm bothered by the stockings. Given many previous female designs, I'm not terribly surprised, but I simply think it's a clothing trope grown stale. Full-length legwear would look much better here, and I think this way about many females' attires in especially Fates.

Sumeragi preview - Knew this was coming given the Garon cards from S6 (still can't get over that awesome Cavalier Garon), but since I like Sumeragi's design a lot, I'm very happy to see such a badass preview. Can't wait to see it in full view.

Alright, guess I'll cover a few Blazing Sword cards, since I am interested in Elibe.

Hector - This guy looks to be the most interesting of the Lords, and his cards are certainly giving me a fantastic first impression with the amount of quality and detail they exhibit. Bonus points for being an axeman whereas the other two are swordfighters.

Lyndis - The afterimages are a very nice nod to the GBA Swordmaster crit and it's some quality art, but... I'm not too keen on her outfit, what with how fanservicey it it looks. The attire could be better for Blade Lord, IMO.

Edited by Kyuzeth

Nice to see new cards, too bad I can't tell what their numbers are (they would be helpful for predicting the remaining cards). Somewhat off topic but one of the things that I'm most looking forward to with this set is the possibility of getting younger versions of Sumeragi and Mikoto, since Garon and Arete both got younger cards last set.

Ha, I knew it, Sumeragi is an R. Mikoto is probably an SR.

Are you able to discern the serial numbers at such low quality? I've tried to but couldn't. But if Sumeragi is an R then yes, the remaining SR (aside from the obligatory Oboro) will most likely go to Mikoto.

Why is Hisame's hair reddish?? Isn't his default hair the same color than Hinata? A more brown one? Here looks very reddish.

I'm pretty sure that it's just the lighting and his hair is supposed to be brown.

Edited by Lightchao42

Are you able to discern the serial numbers at such low quality? I've tried to but couldn't. But if Sumeragi is an R then yes, the remaining SR (aside from the obligatory Oboro) will most likely go to Mikoto.

N and HN: They have a frame all over the borders of the picture. Easier to notice around the top and corners in case part of the illustration obscures the rightmost part. The only exception I can think of is the #FE joint arts which were frame-less.

R: They do not have a frame around the picture of the card.

SR: They don't have a frame on the bottom of the card, instead it's a "full art" and only the icons are present.

The difference between Rs and Ns is much easier to notice if you have a structure deck. The ST+ as the look of an R, but the standard ST version of those have the look of an N.

Saizo & Kagero - Pairing bias aside, these two look fantastic individually and plain marvelous together, what with Saizo's garb having still more red to go with the fire theme and Kagero just looking beautiful in white. The elemental effects add a nice touch as well, and despite not playing the card game myself, I can infer that their skills pretty much go hand in hand. Mayo, please be a badass and release the dual artwork on Twitter/pixiv.

yo

you do not understand

their R+ art has saizou above kagerou

... which is how their effects synergize! With Saizou on the frontlines, wiping the enemy board out, and Kagerou in the back, sniping, being untargetable, and supporting Saizou. "Almost like a couple..."

Swordmaster Shiro - Kind of unexpected, since S6 Siegbert remains a Paladin, but this is already one of my favorite cards since Shiro somehow wields dual Raijintō. My best guess is that Raijintō is a set of two katana, with one locked away for safety reasons and Ryoma possibly being a better single-wielder than dual-wielder, but who knows. Anyway, huge fan of this one.

I'll mention that Neobert4's sword does not appear to be Siegfried, per se. Rather, it looks to me like a Silver Sword or something, so I wouldn't be surprised if Shinonome was pulling off something like that, too.

Master of Arms Hana - It's a pretty cool card, especially the background, the purple aura around Hana and the metric shitton of weapons she's somehow able to carry despite her petite frame, but I'm bothered by the stockings. Given many previous female designs, I'm not terribly surprised, but I simply think it's a clothing trope grown stale. Full-length legwear would look much better here, and I think this way about many females' attires in especially Fates.

in the discord we call her

the guiant baby :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

yo

you do not understand

their R+ art has saizou above kagerou

... which is how their effects synergize! With Saizou on the frontlines, wiping the enemy board out, and Kagerou in the back, sniping, being untargetable, and supporting Saizou. "Almost like a couple..."

I'll mention that Neobert4's sword does not appear to be Siegfried, per se. Rather, it looks to me like a Silver Sword or something, so I wouldn't be surprised if Shinonome was pulling off something like that, too.

in the discord we call her

the guiant baby :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

Indeed, my knowledge on Cipher's mechanics is limited, but thank you for explaining. That's really cool to know, actually!

Yeah, that's true. Siegbert has never been shown wielding Siegfried in Cipher before (though hopefully he will at some point), but that's definitely Raijintō Shiro is wielding, and he's somehow got two of them. I'm 100% certain it's the legendary katana. Might just be me, though.

Not really sure what the joke means, but it somehow did elicit a chuckle from me.

And to briefly go back to Siegbert in S6: Why isn't he a Great Knight when the other princes all have different classes? S6 Forrest is a Butler, while S7 Kiragi is a Kinshi Knight and S7 Shiro a Swordmaster. Either it's Paladin favoritism or Siegbert's a party pooper who's inherited his father's lack of a sense of humor.

Now how do I post pictures again?

Get the direct image link (should end in .png or .jpg or something similar) and put it inside image tags ([img][/img]). Like so!

STx2bzr.png

Didn't expect to see Subaki at all. Guess we'll have to revise our list!

Edited by Kirie

Also, the official site page for S7 has now been updated to show off the promotional goodies included in the S7 booster boxes! Check out the link for images (you can right click -> "View Image") to see larger versions, or check out the rehosted image links I have since added to the OP.

Those Markers... so even when it's a Hoshidan booster set a Nohrian royal always find a way to butt their heads in.

You get what your given. :U

And besides, what better way to celebrate christmas then with what they already have? True story.

You get what your given. :U

And besides, what better way to celebrate christmas then with what they already have? True story.

Yeah, besides I exaggerate. Ryoma got a promo and there was a Sakura in one sleeve on the last set. anyways. I guess they won't stop shoving royals overall down our throats until FE15 comes out.

Come to think of it, Box of Set 4 was the only booster box that did not contain anything related to Fates.

Edited by SalShich10N

Yeah, besides I exaggerate. Ryoma got a promo and there was a Sakura in one sleeve on the last set. anyways. I guess they won't stop shoving royals overall down our throats until FE15 comes out.

Come to think of it, Box of Set 4 was the only booster box that did not contain anything related to Fates.

Hmm...

Set 1 (Booster contains Corrins)

Set 2 (The Series itself is Fates)

Set 3 (The Series itself is partially Fates)

Set 4 (Sunshine)

Set 5 (Booster with Xander/Marxs)

Set 6 (Booster with Ryoma.. Also, half of the Set is Fates)

Fates got a lot of representation... In fact, I loved a lot that moment between the Series 4 and 5 where we don't see almost anything Fates related :P

Hmm...

Set 1 (Booster contains Corrins)

Set 2 (The Series itself is Fates)

Set 3 (The Series itself is partially Fates)

Set 4 (Sunshine)

Set 5 (Booster with Xander/Marxs)

Set 6 (Booster with Ryoma.. Also, half of the Set is Fates)

Fates got a lot of representation... In fact, I loved a lot that moment between the Series 4 and 5 where we don't see almost anything Fates related :P

Yeah we got the fusion accident #FE, finally I got Coyote and the wolfguard, and also the rest of Awakening's characters. Then binding blade came and somehow Sophia of all units ended up getting lots of attention, we got to reminisce the shitshow that was RD's story (at least I did) and more Mia SRs came ourway. Good times, really. And then we once again got thrown into the abyss that's yet more Fates. I mean the only other game with as much representation is Awakening and that one has the decency to only occupy one color.

Edited by SalShich10N

There are no words for today's card reveal. None.

[spoiler=Fates spoilers]

GKyFXjL.png

Sure there are: ULTIMATE SKUNK

There goes everyone's theory that they "learned their lesson." The truth is, for every cute/waifu/popular card they want to sell packs, they also need absolute duds that absolutely piss people off in to buying more packs. This is that card - and we thought the black one couldn't get any worse.

This is hands down the ugliest cipher card of all time, and on a day when I was hoping for another purple reveal too.

Not like I'm salty af or anything.

Sure there are: ULTIMATE SKUNK

There goes everyone's theory that they "learned their lesson." The truth is, for every cute/waifu/popular card they want to sell packs, they also need absolute duds that absolutely piss people off in to buying more packs. This is that card - and we thought the black one couldn't get any worse.

This is hands down the ugliest cipher card of all time, and on a day when I was hoping for another purple reveal too.

Not like I'm salty af or anything.

You... get... what your given....?

Ugliest Cipher card of all time? HOW DARE YOU

...To be honest, I'm not that salty :U

Edited by TheVinceKnight

I'm mostly just disappointed because I was really hoping for a Mikoto SR (kind of in the vein of Nyna), and this has pretty much ruled it out since it's extremely likely that Oboro is going to be the last White SR.