Cipher Series 7 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: Dec 16: Tournament Promos Revealed!

Kirie

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SR Ophelia if they have any idea how popular she is. Ryoma and Xander both very likely to get one each.

Ophelia is going to be in Set 6 if she is to be a SR as Set 7 is for Byakuya/Hoshido. I have no clue on how they're going to handle the Xander in the teaser promo, OTOH.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in love with Knight Lord Eliwood there, makes me hyped to see what they'll do with Great Lord Hector and Blade Lord Lyn.

I'm even more eager to see cards of them promoted with their legendary weapons. Great Lord Hector with Armads better look like the god he is.

the question I have is will Eliwood get an SR, since we know he has an R+X? To me that indicates that he will have an R, not an SR( if he had an SR, it should have been SR+X).

That secret rare card is number B07-002, meaning that there has to be a card in front of it. Since numbering is based on rarity (with the higher rarity coming first), it seems to strongly indicate that he'll get an SR, unless somehow there's a one off character that they want to put before the main lord of the set.

FE7 could have gotten one with its entirely new cast, but Eliwood 002 basically confirms they won't.

Fates definitely shouldn't get one, regardless of whether FE7 does.

Oh, I like that.

So far, the STs have all been the "starter cast", with some exceptions, it's definitely possible. I really really hope they do, but I don't think they will. I think the face for this set is Eliwood and there's not much we can do about it.

I do hope they'll continue to release ST Decks, but I'm not sure what form they'll take when they can't do new colours. Maybe we'll start seeing more dual colour decks? Or different themes? I could see, for example, a Fates deck based around the royals, an all-villain deck, or a Lyn's Story specific deck like Solanthus is suggesting. There are a few different routes they could go.

If Lyn was the face of the set, I could see her getting a starter deck, but right now she's not as Eliwood is getting the SR001 slot. I don't see a mixed white/black deck either, since it's only a focus on white this time.

hard to tell.

I was surprised that RD didn't get one, even though it was in an existing color, the game did have new characters, so they could have done one. Rekka no ken is in the same boat as RD, as both are existing colors and are a second game oin the story (ok, RnK is a prequel, but close enough). The thing Rekka no Ken has that might give it a starter deck is that the other part of the series is white/Hoshido and that it has a lot less returning characters, and the ones that are are much younger.

Or we could see the first series released without a starter deck.

I hope it gets one, even if it would make it the first duplicated single color stater deck.

• 1 month later...

Updated the OP with new artwork images from the Summer Livestream. :) We've also got a title for the Series and a confirmed release date.

I do hope they'll continue to release ST Decks, but I'm not sure what form they'll take when they can't do new colours. Maybe we'll start seeing more dual colour decks? .

They could go the Yugioh route and sell "Structure Decks" based around a popular strategy, possibly of two-color decks. They already released a two-color deck with #FE They could always just do more single-color decks too. Specially since newer sets are based around different games with the same color. They could get trigger happy on this set and release an Eliwood deck, a Lyn deck and a Hector Hard Mode deck, for the high blood pressure folks.

They could go the Yugioh route and sell "Structure Decks" based around a popular strategy, possibly of two-color decks. They already released a two-color deck with #FE They could always just do more single-color decks too. Specially since newer sets are based around different games with the same color. They could get trigger happy on this set and release an Eliwood deck, a Lyn deck and a Hector Hard Mode deck, for the high blood pressure folks.

I think that was the purpose to promote #FE though as a whole.

But if anything, it is possible to get a starter deck based off Blazing Sword alone. But Radiant Dawn didn't have one either, so it's hard to say.

Your idea doesn't sound bad, but my wallet man. Woop.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

Radiant Dawn (and well MOTE) had alot of returnee characters from PoR and Shadow Dragon, while Second Gen and Blazing Sword don't.

That being said I'm not expecting a starter,since Eliwood already has a 4 cost (3 promote card). They could shake it up and make Lyn the main Lord for the starter and Eliwood the main lord for the set though.