Personal Headcanons?

CWGameplay

I have a couple of my own for my Revelations playthrough, and wanted to see if anyone else had any!

Here are a few of mine:

I made Camilla a Maid and Elise a Malig Knight, so I always headcanoned that Camilla taught Elise how to ride it and then gave it to her.

Another was I switched Ryoma and Xander's class, and headcanoned that they did that to try to help build trust between the Hoshidan troops and the Nohrian troops, setting an example.

I've always shipped Laslow and Azura, as I headcanon that Azura reminds him of Olivia (his mother), and that helps make sure he doesn't forget that someday he has to make it back to her alive.

If anyone else has any to share, I'd love to hear them!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Camilla's eye is covered by her bangs because she lost it to the infighting in the Nohr courts.

- Charlotte stitches money into her shoes because she's afraid if she doesn't, it'll get stolen.

- Nohr uses ravens as carrier birds, while Hoshido uses hawks. Nohr also get the feathers for their dark mage outfits from said ravens.

- Everyone in the royal family had to learn an instrument of some kind--Xander did the flute, Camilla the cello, Corrin the piano, and Leo the harp. For the Hoshidans, Ryoma did the biwa (lute), Hinoka the sho (a mouth organ instrument), Azura got away with her singing, and Takumi the kakko (drums). Whether or not they actually like their instruments is another matter.

- Jakob and Flora hook up after the war this is true and nothing you say or do will stop me from imagining this

- Corrin and Azura's wedding was outdoors and held by a lake.

Also, this topic seems to have been posted twice.

[spoiler=revelation]Izana is not actually dead, he was just pretending to convince takumi to join the party.

he doesn't join the party because he doesn't want the party to know that he's alive, at least until the whole thing is over.

Edited by darkestdarkness

Jakob sorry female corrin is the true pair up for Azura sorry male corrin no regrets.

Izana only acts like he does to liven up his kingdom. Deep inside, he's actually bored of ruling...

[spoiler=Revelation Spoiler]...this makes it more depressing when he may have essentially killed himself...

Mozu's father was forced to fight for Nohr shortly after she was born... to this day, Corrin may or may not have killed him.

This new headcanon of mine is a total mess:

In Revelation, I pair Elise with Ryoma yeah, but... I headcanon that Shiro is not Elise kid, and instead he is Scarlett kid. Scarlett and Ryoma isn't with you until later in the route, so, the idea is that in that time, they were a couple and Shiro was born, but they never told anyone since Ryoma wanted to say it until everyone were together. Then chapter 18 happends, Ryoma is debastated and ends telling everyone the true about Shiro. Elise take in her to make him happy again and cheer him up, and after some time she ends adopting Shiro. Shiro is so happy with her accepting him that he takes on him to learn some magic to show that he loves her similar to like he loves Scarlett... And now for the part of Shiro with a more light hair color than Scarlett, well, look at Sakura having a light color than Hinoka, so maybe is in the Hoshidan royals genes haha... Yes it's a total mess but I like the idea of this

Another one for Revelation

Lilith lives in the castle of Valla after the end of the war. Kana wants to find a perfect pair for her (but Kana's ideas are very weird, like presentig her with a random lizard)

* Forrest love to talk with Oboro, after the war both of them help each other with their clothes bussines. Forrest always request Leo to take him to Hoshido just to show her his new ideas

There is also my Fuujin heacanon being the cause of Takumi having a weak mind, but I explained that in a previous thread.

The only one I really have right now is that after Jakob went into the avatar's service, the avatar gave him his hair tie when his hair got longer, and gave him the brooch on his scarf after he 'promoted' from a Troubadour.

That everything is a shitty joke of the chaos gods, nothing makes sense because the human psyche makes no sense. Meaning everything in the game happens in a form of a super hell that has no logic!

From the old headcanon thread:

Laslow is Chrom's son, Odin is Lon'qu's son, and Selena is Kellam's daughter.

Takumi and Sakura are Corrin's half-siblings.

Much like "Corrin" is the name given to Kamui in Nohr, "Azura" is the name Aqua chose for herself after being accepted into the Hoshido royal family.

Corrin's perpetual lack of footwear and (at least in my games) enjoyment of putting silly accessories on everyone in the army including themselves stems from the fact that their wardrobe was one of the few things Corrin had some control over while in isolation. The older brothers (and Azura in Revelation) figure this out and ask/threaten/bribe the army to accommodate them. (Azura doesn't wear shoes because she kept ruining them by running into water with them on. After the fifth pair, Mikoto tells her to go barefoot instead.)

Forrest and Oboro, in Revelation, bond over their mutual love of fashion. They swear they will help Corrin become fashionable once the war ends.

Real Garon and Sumeragi were friends at some point before Real Garon was killed and replaced. That's why Sumeragi walked into the obvious trap that was Cheve, with his young son/daughter in tow; he honestly thought he and his old friend were going to come together and finally find a solution to the tension between their two nations.

The barrier around Hoshido is actually a form of Valla magic taught to Mikoto by Arete. It only works because Mikoto is a Vallan, and thus is almost impossible to recreate.

-Hinata is descended from the Flame Tribe, through either a wayward parent or grandparent that didn't agree with the clan's laws. This is why he is adept at using clubs and why his stats resemble that of a bulky fighter instead of a samurai.

-Sumeragi and Garon are not dead. Garon kidnapped the MC simply to shame Sumeragi. Sumeragi did not rescue the MC because 1.) He was not his heir, Ryoma; 2.) He was ashamed at his own blunder and 3.) It would be a tactical and strategical blunder to rescue a child that was not even his own.

-MC cannot turn into a dragon. Instead, he inherited necromancy akin to Phoenix Mode in-game, affectionately called "The Phoenix Effect." Beings revived by him are essentially undead—they lack any sentience, memories or personality from their time as human—and, unless cremated, they retain all injuries sustained from their death.

-The previous king of Nohr could not wield Siegfried and, so, he instead used a Flame Lance called Muspelheim. This weapon was passed down to the MC.

-Mozu is the best maiden and all the royal dudes want her hand in marriage but she is oblivious and it becomes a love pentagon between them all.

-MC has curly black hair and not that stupid, spiky hair he is constantly depicted with in media.

-Crispin Freeman voices him.

I have more but they delve into my AU, in which I have not completely plotted out, except for a makeshift support I posted between MC and Jakob (go read it on the Fanfiction Thread).

[spoiler=revelation]Izana is not actually dead, he was just pretending to convince takumi to join the party.

he doesn't join the party because he doesn't want the party to know that he's alive, at least until the whole thing is over.

this is officially my headcanon now too

Just to name a few (some I already mentioned in a previous thread):

- Takumi and Sakura have different degrees of social anxiety disorder. (no, I am no pschologist, which is why it's a headcanon)

- All of the Hoshidan royals, except Ryoma, are scared of ghosts and other horror elements. Sakura and Takumi are already quite evident, but Hinoka came to me, when she freaked out at a giant pumpkin during the Halloween dlc.

- (got this one from a friend) Xander was a gangly, awkward teenager with a face covered in acne. Leo on the other hand was always a perfect pretty boy, charming people into doing things for him. Xander was very pissed about that.

- In the end though, as he reaches his 40s, Leo has to fight a receding hairline and does double exercises just to keep in shape. Xander would laugh at him, but he is too afraid of dislocating his back...

- Selena is Robin's daughter, while Laslow and Odin are the sons of Chrom and Lon'qu respectively. Instead of the dragon business, they are actually trying to find a way to revive Robin. (who is still missing/presumed dead when they set out.)

Just to name a few (some I already mentioned in a previous thread):

- Takumi and Sakura have different degrees of social anxiety disorder. (no, I am no pschologist, which is why it's a headcanon)

- All of the Hoshidan royals, except Ryoma, are scared of ghosts and other horror elements. Sakura and Takumi are already quite evident, but Hinoka came to me, when she freaked out at a giant pumpkin during the Halloween dlc.

- (got this one from a friend) Xander was a gangly, awkward teenager with a face covered in acne. Leo on the other hand was always a perfect pretty boy, charming people into doing things for him. Xander was very pissed about that.

- In the end though, as he reaches his 40s, Leo has to fight a receding hairline and does double exercises just to keep in shape. Xander would laugh at him, but he is too afraid of dislocating his back...

- Selena is Robin's daughter, while Laslow and Odin are the sons of Chrom and Lon'qu respectively. Instead of the dragon business, they are actually trying to find a way to revive Robin. (who is still missing/presumed dead when they set out.)

The bolded ones actually made me laugh. :D Thank you!

My headcanon is this (I'm only on Birthright chapter 14, so):

- Kamui and Hana named their kid Kana, because K-amui + h-ANA = Kana. Sakura suggested it.

- Ryoma and Xander used to be friends as kids that would meet in secret, but then stuff happend and now they are rivals/enemies.

Similar to how Hashirama Senju and Madara Uchiha used to be friends (see Naruto for further reference.

- Xander is actually insecure about himself and his abilities, because his strength comes from hard work and not actually natural talent, like Ryoma's or Leo's.

- Elise and Sakura actually are the strongest royals (yes, even stronger than Garon or Mikoto), but they are inexperienced and kindhearted, so they don't want to/can't use their full powers. (If this gets confirmed, my mind will be blown.)

- Robin is actually a descendant of Kamui. Somewhere down the line, a grandchild of Kamui/Kana turned bitter towards the world, giving birth to Grima.

- Hana's father was killed at the same time as Kamui's abduction to Nohr, that's also why she (Hana) is so bitter towards him (Kamui) in the beginning of their supports.

And now, for a "fun" one:

- Takumi is Fates' version of Sasuke Uchiha.

Also: #PraiseSaizo

Edited by DragonFlames

I split this into several different categories for length and spoilers. I think that remaining faithful to canon is important.

The royals of Hoshido and Nohr and their issues:

-When Garon kidnapped Corrin, he passed them off as the child as one of his concubines. No one would question this because some of his long lost children popped up all the time during the Waifu Wars of old.

-Sumeragi's marriage to Ikona was arranged by their parents. Ikona came from an old noble family that is a distant relation to the main royal family. The members of this family are generally elitist and unpleasant by most standards, and Ikona was no exception, generally acting cold and distant to pretty much everyone. She's also a redhead, and her daughters got their hair colors from her. Sumeragi originally met (and fell in love with) Mikoto a year or so before Corrin was born. While Sumeragi liked Ikona as a person, he was not in love with her and felt their marriage was empty. They ended up having four children anyway because Sumeragi wanted children. Hinoka in particular was attached to her, which is why she initially had trouble accepting Mikoto as her mother.

-When Mikoto first showed up in Hoshido with Sumeragi's child in tow, Ikona was initially outraged that Sumeragi cheated on her, but eventually decided to forgive him as long he didn't do it again (at least she didn't have to marry a certain Nohrian king instead). She mostly tolerated Mikoto and Corrin living with her family in the castle as long as they didn't bother her. While she would eventually come to like Mikoto as a friend, she would never admit it. She would end up falling ill and dying shortly after giving birth to Sakura.

-As for the Nohrian side, Garon's marriage to Katerina was also arranged. He loved her, as he did most women, though they were married for a relatively short time before her untimely death. His love for her didn't stop him from having a dozen concubines, though. The reason for Garon's promiscuity is that his father, the previous king, was strict about what he did, so when Garon became king himself he kind of went overboard.

-Speaking of Garon, he met (and quickly fell in love with) Arete shortly after Katerina's death. Though he was quick to fall for her, it took Arete some time before she decided to marry him. While she wasn't quite in love with him, she agreed in part to protect her and Azura from enemies from abroad...

Revelation and invisible things:

-The kingdom of Valla was created by Anankos to protect his favored people from the warring kingdoms of Nohr and Hoshido. He felt that it was inadequate for a dragon to rule over humans, so he made his friend Cadros king instead.

-Anankos originally created the anti-Valla curse in order to prevent the information that Valla was housing an unstable and potentially dangerous dragon from leaking into Hoshido and Nohr, though the royal families of said kingdoms were kept aware of Valla's existence. Conveniently, it also served to help protect the dragon's plans once he became evil and crazy. The curse was broken upon Anankos's death, which is why Corrin is able to reestablish Valla without mass disappearances among the population.

-Among the Vallite royal family, the combination of cyan hair and gold eyes indicates that one can use the power of the song that Anankos created. Anankos made it this way so he could easily tell who inherited his gift.

-Aside from the royal family, Valla has no nobility. This is because Anankos felt that nobles only caused conflict and resentment.

-Azura's father was from a family of priests that served Anankos. His sympathy for the Silent Dragon is one of the reasons that Arete married him, as he was already friendly with Anankos for several years at that point. He was killed by the dragon while Arete was still pregnant with their daughter.

-After going insane and conquering Valla, Anankos kept several towns filled with humans around so he could restock on soldiers and servants if necessary. The inhabitants of these towns would later become the first citizens of Corrin's resurrected Valla, along with those who managed to flee Valla as Anankos was taking over.

-Sumeragi and Garon were aware of Valla's existence (as most Hoshidan and Nohrian royals were), but they didn't know that Arete and Mikoto were originally from there.

-Most Vallites have Greek inspired names. Mikoto is an exception because her parents liked the name.

-While Arete and Mikoto would eventually become aware of the fact that they became queens of Nohr and Hoshido, respectively, sour relations between the kingdoms meant that they couldn't reunite with each other.

-After marrying Garon, Arete tried to bring him to the Bottomless Canyon to explain Valla's insane dragon problem to him. Around this time, Anankos was already influencing Garon's mind by exploiting his negative feelings following the Waifu/Concubine Wars. Arete realized this and attempted to purify him with her song, but the paranoid Garon misinterpreted this as an attempt on his life and fatally wounded her before she could. This act was the last straw for the "real" Garon and he succumbed to Anankos's influence. The now possessed/brainwashed Garon left to "get help" while Azura stumbled upon her dying mother. She explained everything she could about Valla (since she was dying anyway) and gave Azura her pendant before perishing. Garon would later blame Arete's murder on one of his concubines.

-Iago is motivated entirely by self-preservation and a desire for power. He's the kind of person who would kiss up to the one with the most power. He doesn't think much of the fact that Garon randomly decided to worship Anankos instead of the Dusk Dragon one day, but he goes along with it anyway to stay in Garon's good graces. He does not know that Garon is actually being possessed by Anankos, and if he did he would probably try to work with the heroes against him (because working with an omnicidal dragon isn't good for survival).

-After possessing Garon, Anankos granted him a generous portion of his power. This had the side effect of deteriorating him into a slime form, but he can use magic to hide this. He cannot hide it completely, though, which is why Garon has gray skin.

-While using Garon as his main enforcer, Anankos uses Sumeragi to do things that Garon is unable to (like killing Mikoto) and Arete to protect Valla from those that might oppose him.

-Izana faked his death in order to persuade Takumi to help Corrin on his quest. When Takumi found out after the war, he chased him for an hour before deciding that what Izana did was probably for the best. He remained wary whenever he visited Izumo though.

-After killing Anankos, Corrin and co. remained in Valla for a short time in order to gather survivors and items that they wanted to preserve for the new Valla. After returning to the "main" continent, Azura sealed the entrance from the Bottomless Canyon.

-Following this (and assuming that Corrin and Azura get together), the progression of the events that follow is Ryoma's/Xander's coronation-> Corrin's coronation-> Corrin and Azura's wedding. The couple would spend their honeymoon in Cyrkensia, where Azura would perform at the rebuilt Opera House. Performing there was always a secret dream of hers.

-Marriage between cousins isn't uncommon among royalty, which is why nobody cares that Corrin and Azura are cousins if they are married.

-After their marriage, Corrin and Azura would occasionally take romantic getaways to the lake where they first met. Consequently, Shigure is a lake baby. They aren't really sure if they should tell him this. Shigure received his name because it was drizzling the day he was born.

Hidden Truths, Hidden Headcanons:

-After his demise, Anankos's spirit visited the Awakening trio to thank them and upgrade their translocation crystal so that they could travel between Ylisse and Nohr/Hoshido whenever they wished.

-Rather than fathering Lilith in a "traditional" sense, Anankos used his blood to create her in the same way that Bond Units are created. He created her so that she could act as a servant and soldier.

-Lilith cannot transform into a dragon normally. This ability was gifted to her by the astral dragons when she went to them for help.

-After the events of Revelation, Lilith would continue to help Corrin as they ruled Valla. She would never tell Corrin of their relationship, however.

If I had known that my headcanon would be so long, I would have written a book...

Also #PraiseSaizo I guess.

Edited by Lightchao42

SPEAKING OF WHICH, I completely forgot I wrote a fic which is basically chock-full of my headcanons for Valla's backstory and the events before the game. You can find it here shameless self advertising is shameless, but a few headcanons for those who are just interested (spoilers for Valla's backstory and pre-game events, obviously):

- In his madness, Anankos forced the mages of Valla to cast several curses to isolate them: one that erased them from the memories of the entire world, the infamous "can't speak of it" curse, and a barrier between Valla and Hoshido/Nohr.

- Mikoto and Arete are of mixed Vallite-Hoshidan descent; Mikoto takes after their Hoshidan mother in appearance and Arete their Vallite father. This is also why they have names of differing cultures.

- Hoshido used to export food to Nohr; raising the taxes on the food is what started the conflict between the two, as Nohr couldn't pay.

- Ikona didn't mind Sumeragi bringing Mikoto to court, since their marriage was arranged; she did warn her that she wouldn't tolerate any threats to herself or her children, though. She later died in childbirth to Sakura.

- Arete and Mikoto started working together once they discovered their relative positions as queens to try to unite their countries and stop Anankos. This included arranging a marriage between their children, as otherwise there would be a succession crisis for Valla's throne once Anankos was brought down. Neither minded them being cousins since that isn't uncommon among royalty.

- The arranged marriage is why Sumeragi was willing to bring Corrin to Cheve, because Garon said he'd bring Azura so they could test their compatibility.

- Cheve is a vassal city-state of Nohr, and Garon Doing His Thing there is what started planting the seeds of resentment and rebellion.

- Iago is a servant of Anankos who carries out his plans and will in Nohr. This includes undermining Arete, forcing her to tell Garon about Valla and die, then killing and replacing Garon before he can put his knowledge of Valla to use. The only reason he's surprised by Gooron's torment of Corrin in the game is because he can't figure out why Anankos isn't just killing him already.

I also have a few headcanons for post-Revelation that I will also likely write a fic about, including:

- Izana faked his death, like most other people here believe.

- Hoshido/Nohr are in a lot of trouble with Nestra for their shenanigans in Cyrkensia.

- Anankos's curses broke with his death, so people were able to talk about and record what happened without dying en masse.

- The entrance to Valla through the Bottomless Canyon sealed behind the party when they first went down, but they were able to leave thanks to Lilith being able to teleport groups through dimensions.

- Lilith was eventually able to return to her human form and told Corrin about their relation. She continued to assist him, but sometimes enjoyed sneaking off to her old temple to be given offerings.

- Again, Corrin and Azura had their wedding by a lake outdoors.

I can't be bothered to look up all of the ones I posted but

Takumi has deep rooted anxiety, but this one is actually rather supported by canon yet not exactly said.

Elise grows up to be taller then Camilla.

Ryoma is a grill dad (thanks Thor).

Camilla's dragon is actually a lich, not a zombie.

[spoiler=post-rev]- like Abvora said, the curse is gone once Anankos is defeated, so people can safely talk about Valla afterwards

- During the early days of peace, whenever Hoshido and Nohr have issues that cannot be solved by themselves, they would ask Valla about it.

and as for the children AU:

[spoiler=high school au]Shiro is the resident popular jock and Siegbert is the resident nerd and teacher's pet, but despite the differences, they're best friends.

Kiragi is often seen tagging along with Shiro. He's not the best when it comes to studies but he's very energetic at sports.

Forrest leads the sewing club, and he's pretty popular with girls. Boys think he's a weird person, but he doesn't mind.

Ophelia is on the theatre club and one of the best members in there, even though the club sometimes has a hard time managing which scenarios she should be in.

Soleil is popular with both boys and girls, but she prefers girls. She often gets into trouble because teachers caught her hitting on girls.

Caeldori is the ideal student and while she has a lot of fans, she doesn't really have much friends.

Dwyer is that one student who's often seen sleeping in classes but get good marks at tests. Same with Mitama.

Shigure joins the art club and he's the best artist on the school. He's actually a very famous singer, but no one except a few amount of people knows about it. He doesn't want his idol status weigh down his studies.

Kana twins are often seen around the school even though they aren't in high-school yet.

I have a lot of ideas for a setting but not the skill to write a proper story.

-Selkie’s playfulness is expressed in her messing around with humans. She loves the city life and wearing fancy, expensive clothing. She and all Kitsune can use illusion magic, which lets her hide her fox features, even while in human form.

-Camilla’s obsession with Kamui is because of severe intimacy issues. While she still has affection for her Nohrian siblings, she found herself incapable of trusting other Nohrians after the Waifu Wars.

- After the Dusk and Dawn dragons’ war, the spirits of dead dragons still haunt the world of Fates. They can cause the dead to rise (the invisible enemies) and can possess humans with dragon blood (which happens to Kamui) but the dragon soul can be isolated and controlled if one holds a dragon stone.

-Most of the ‘children’ in Fates are not actually the offspring of other characters, rather they are relations or family friends. The exception to this is Lutz who is Harold’s son. He unknowingly sired Lutz when he was a younger man, off saving a village maiden from bandits.

-Nohr once did normal trade with Hoshido but it wasn’t enough to sustain the country so Garon tried to capture Sumeragi’s children to ransom for a better trade deal. After Sumeragi is killed, Hoshido cuts off all trade with Nohr, and Nohr must trade through its tributaries to get the food it needs from Hoshido.

-Sumeragi and the King of Chevalier were rivals but respected each other for their ferocity and honor on the battlefield. Sumeragi trusts him so he goes to the peace talks in Chevalier. Unbeknownst to Sumeragi, the King of Chevalier made a deal with Garon to buy Chevalier’s independence in exchange for betraying Sumeragi.

-Garon used to be a more reasonable king but the burdens of leadership eventually made him cynical and ruthless.

-The royal weapons in Hoshido were gifted to their clan by the Dawn Dragon. The royal weapons in Nohr were crafted and used by heroes and villains throughout Nohr’s history. Camilla has the axe, Tiamat and Hinoka has the Water God (Suijin) naginata. Elise and Sakura also have sacred relics.

-I think Camilla may have a bit of a drinking problem. Twice she is spotted with a drink in her hand and in the artwork she has with Beruka Camilla strikes me as slightly tipsy. The concubine conflicts left her with plenty of problems to drink away too. She wouldn't drink in front of her siblings though.

-Arthur being mistaken for the bandit Gaston makes me believe he has an evil twin. Somewhere in Norh there is a man who looks just like Arthur, wearing a top hat and monocle who's a super VILLAIN instead and takes it to the same extremes as Arthur takes his heroism.

-I don't think the kids are non canon per so but I do think the whole hyperbolic time chamber nonsense is. After the events of the game the first generation settles down and just has their kids naturally over time. The hyperbolic time chamber is just there to show what their kids would end up being.

-Garon and Sumeragi had a more healthy, though still bad relation before Corrins kidnapping. Something akin to that of Tibarn and Neasella or at it worst of Cuan and Travant. The two would fight often, not like each other but at least a mutual respect and understanding why they do the things they do. I think Garon's disappointment of Sumeragi walking into his trap may be slightly genuine.

-Takumi ended up partly naming his son Kiragi after his father, Sumaragi.

-I don't think the kids are non canon per so but I do think the whole hyperbolic time chamber nonsense is. After the events of the game the first generation settles down and just has their kids naturally over time. The hyperbolic time chamber is just there to show what their kids would end up being.

I get the impression most people have this headcanon. For good reason

-Arthur being mistaken for the bandit Gaston makes me believe he has an evil twin. Somewhere in Norh there is a man who looks just like Arthur, wearing a top hat and monocle who's a super VILLAIN instead and takes it to the same extremes as Arthur takes his heroism.

I don't know if I can make more headcanons after this. I think this is the best I've seen by far.