Personal Headcanons?

CWGameplay

Real Garon and Sumeragi were friends at some point before Real Garon was killed and replaced. That's why Sumeragi walked into the obvious trap that was Cheve, with his young son/daughter in tow; he honestly thought he and his old friend were going to come together and finally find a solution to the tension between their two nations.

Isn't this actually canon? I could've sworn it was mentioned in the game! If it's not, then I definitely assume this as headcanon, too.

I split this into several different categories for length and spoilers. I think that remaining faithful to canon is important.

The royals of Hoshido and Nohr and their issues:

-When Garon kidnapped Corrin, he passed them off as the child as one of his concubines. No one would question this because some of his long lost children popped up all the time during the Waifu Wars of old.

I agree with most of your post, but this especially - I assume there's no real other way it happened.

I get the impression most people have this headcanon. For good reason

Haha, yes.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Birthright Ending:

I legitimately believe Camilla dies of depression not too long after the final scene in Birthright. While Corrin leaving already took a toll on her, losing Xander and Elise was something she never recovered from.

-Arthur being mistaken for the bandit Gaston makes me believe he has an evil twin. Somewhere in Norh there is a man who looks just like Arthur, wearing a top hat and monocle who's a super VILLAIN instead and takes it to the same extremes as Arthur takes his heroism.

Arthur was mistaken for Gazzak, the boss of Forrest's Paralogue, not Gaston who is a Disney character Arthur was compared to when he was first revealed. That being said, I am 100% for this headcanon regardless.

Isn't this actually canon? I could've sworn it was mentioned in the game! If it's not, then I definitely assume this as headcanon, too.

If it is, it must be hidden in a support or something because I've never seen it mentioned in-game.

I have a lot of ideas for a setting but not the skill to write a proper story.

I feel you. I have the same desire but neither the time nor the skills to not make it as good as I want it to be.

My headcanons revolve alot around Corrin, since I really like how he was initially set up (torn between two families) but a damn botched execution. To me:

- Corrin is a very capable military commander and civil administrator, due to spending his time in the Northern Fortress to study martial and civil arts, to serve as a proper prince of Nohr.

- He also adores and admire Xander and does everything to emulate him, which is why the Nohr Noble class is so similar to Xander's Paladin outfit.

- If choosing Hoshido, he sees Ryoma as a replacement (hence why Hoshido Noble is so close to Ryoma's outfit) but can does never get over the guilt of leaving his Nohrian family.

- Personality-wise, he is very much influenced by Camilla and Hinoka, in that he is fiercely protective of his familiy and his retainers and is prone to making rash decisions when they are in harm's way.

Maybe if I was younger, I would invest more time into making a Fates fanfiction. But alas, age prone to rob most of the enjoyment in our life.

I'll post some of mine.

Retainers:
Corrin only has two retainers, Felicia and Suzukaze. Everyone else are just servants.

Dragon Veins:

Not everyone is able to activate their Dragon Vein during fates and most characters have to unlock it through some type of trauma/struggle with the exception of a few.
Characters who activated their Dragon Vein before Fates:
- Aqua (could always use it from as far as she can remember.)
- Xander (gained his after visiting the Rainbow Sage.)
- Ryouma (was able to trigger his right after his father died.)
- Hinoka (triggered Dragon Vein when Corrin was kidnapped and she tried to chase him herself.)
- Camilla (learned how to use it to save herself from being killed in the concubine wars.)
- Takumi (activated a year before Corrin and Leon and he didn't struggle at all with getting it.)
- Leon (just before Fates begins)
- Corrin
During Fates
- Sakura (in Chapter 5 right after seeing her mother die Sakura gains the ability due to the potent dragon energy produced by Corrin when he transformed into a dragon).
- Elise (She always had the ability to sense them due to her high magical ability but I don't have any idea of how she gained the power to use it yet.)

-Arthur being mistaken for the bandit Gaston makes me believe he has an evil twin. Somewhere in Norh there is a man who looks just like Arthur, wearing a top hat and monocle who's a super VILLAIN instead and takes it to the same extremes as Arthur takes his heroism.

Wow. This is just so good.

Edited by Avarice_Shadow

Ready for round two?

Tribes and other countries: how do they work?

-The Flame, Ice, and Wind Tribes are all devoted to the worship of a particular dragon, much like Nohr and Hoshido. The Beast Tribes do not worship any dragon in particular.

-Leadership of the tribes is generally given to the current chief's eldest child, but the chief may appoint a successor among the members of the tribe if they have no children or their children are unsuited to lead.

-The Ice Tribe worships the Frost Dragon, and believe that their ability to manipulate ice is a gift from it. The dragon presumably did not give enough blood to let them use Dragon Veins, however.

-The Flame Tribe worships the Flame Dragon (pretty self explanatory), which is said to resemble a phoenix. The Flame Tribe prefers to stay isolated, so most people do not know where it is located.

-Last but not least, the Wind Tribe worships the Zephyr Dragon. It is said that this dragon grants the current chief the ability to control the wind.

-The rulers of Izumo (including Izana) have the blood of a dragon that advocated peace and neutrality during the times of the First Dragons. The inhabitants of Izumo continue to follow this philosophy to this day.

-Mokushu was founded by a group of ninja clans that splintered off from Hoshido due to disagreements with the royal family at the time. Kohga was formed under similar circumstances.

-Nestra, while originally being controlled by Nohr, is currently a sovereign state. Despite being largely self-governing, Nohr and its royalty still holds some measure of control over it.

-The Great Wall of Suzanoh was named after the Hoshidan king that built it.

Miscellaneous Character Facts:

-Hana and Kaze are short for Kazahana and Suzukaze, respectively. Likewise, Benny is short for Benoit. People kept misspelling Tsubaki's name as "Subaki" in the shared language until one day he just decided to embrace it.

-In contrast to Hoshidan nobles, Nohrian nobles generally do not like to get their hands dirty and are less loyal to the royalty. This is why most playable Hoshidans are nobles (with some exceptions, like Oboro) while most playable Nohrians aren't (with Peri and Silas as exceptions).

-It is customary for royals to select two retainers (though this is canon). These retainers serve as bodyguards and attendants to their liege, in addition to completing missions on their behalf. As they work directly under royalty, they outrank most normal soldiers. Retainers are usually chosen for their fighting prowess and loyalty to their liege, but the exact reason varies from person to person.

-Out of the royals at the beginning of the game, Corrin, Azura, and Garon lack retainers. Corrin's reason is self-explanatory, but Azura has none due to her distant and solitary attitude in addition to the stigma that comes with being a Nohrian princess, while Garon has none due to his distrusting nature (and not wanting anyone to know that he is possessed).

-Yukimura and Iago serve as advisors to their respective rulers, so they are not technically retainers, though Yukimura is sometimes considered one despite not having the duties of a typical retainer.

-Ikona's family has never approved of Azura's acceptance into Hoshido, and they have made several attempts on her life in the past.

-The reason that Xander, Camilla, and Leo are initially promoted while Hinoka and Takumi aren't is because Garon frequently sends them on missions. Ryoma is promoted because he is heir to Hoshido's throne, while Elise is unpromoted because Garon hasn't sent her on any missions yet.

More Revelation/Hidden Truths stuff:

-Azura becomes Corrin's advisor after reestablishing Valla, much like Yukimura and Iago. This is true even if she is his wife and queen.

-Whenever Azura had a performance, Corrin would accompany her on the piano.

-The fact that Corrin is not Sumeragi's biological child was a closely kept secret. Originally only Sumeragi and Mikoto knew (well, and Arete), but Sumeragi told Ryoma the truth shortly before his death.

-When she first met the amnesic Anankos, Mikoto named him Hydros.

-Anankos/Hydros asked for Arete's blessing before acting on his feelings for Mikoto. Ordinarily Arete would have refused his request, but she made a special exception because of the insane dragon running around at the time, and she wanted her sister to be happy for the time being.

-Arete was never made aware of the fact that her sister's lover was actually Anankos's human form. This is because Mikoto thought that Arete would probably try to kill him if she knew the truth.

-Corrin inherited their father's red eyes and pointed ears (he looks like this). Lilith has yellow eyes instead due to the unique circumstances behind her birth, though she did inherit her father's hair color.

-When Anankos granted the Vallite royal family his blood, he also blessed them with perfect feet. This is why Corrin and Azura's feet are always soft and clean despite them being barefoot all the time. Arete, Mikoto and Shigure also have perfect feet, but prefer to wear shoes anyway.

-The Rainbow Sage and Old Hubba are old friends, so Hubba allows the Sage to use his Hubba Tester whenever he wants.

-Azura has a nice butt, but she is embarrassed by this fact and prefers to avoid drawing attention to the offending area. Or is that canon...?

Maybe I really should write a book of my headcanon? Next time I'll probably discuss the lives and times of the First Dragons.

Edited by Lightchao42

Ready for round two?

Tribes and other countries: how do they work?

-The Flame, Ice, and Wind Tribes are all devoted to the worship of a particular dragon, much like Nohr and Hoshido. The Beast Tribes do not worship any dragon in particular.

-Leadership of the tribes is generally given to the current chief's eldest child, but the chief may appoint a successor among the members of the tribe if they have no children or their children are unsuited to lead.

-The Ice Tribe worships the Frost Dragon, and believe that their ability to manipulate ice is a gift from it. The dragon presumably did not give enough blood to let them use Dragon Veins, however.

-The Flame Tribe worships the Flame Dragon (pretty self explanatory), which is said to resemble a phoenix. The Flame Tribe prefers to stay isolated, so most people do not know where it is located.

-Last but not least, the Wind Tribe worships the Zephyr Dragon. It is said that this dragon grants the current chief the ability to control the wind.

-The rulers of Izumo (including Izana) have the blood of a dragon that advocated peace and neutrality during the times of the First Dragons. The inhabitants of Izumo continue to follow this philosophy to this day.

-Mokushu was founded by a group of ninja clans that splintered off from Hoshido due to disagreements with the royal family at the time. Kohga was formed under similar circumstances.

-Nestra was originally part of Nohr before buying its independence using the funds it gained from trade.

-The Great Wall of Suzanoh was named after the Hoshidan king that built it.

Miscellaneous Character Facts:

-Hana and Kaze are short for Kazahana and Suzukaze, respectively. Likewise, Benny is short for Benoit. Subaki's parents opted for an unconventional spelling of 'Tsubaki' when naming him.

-In contrast to Hoshidan nobles, Nohrian nobles generally do not like to get their hands dirty and are less loyal to the royalty. This is why most playable Hoshidans are nobles (with some exceptions, like Oboro) while most playable Nohrians aren't (with Peri as the exception).

-It is customary for royals to select two retainers (though this is canon). These retainers serve as bodyguards and attendants to their liege, in addition to completing missions on their behalf. As they work directly under royalty, they outrank most normal soldiers. Retainers are usually chosen for their fighting prowess and loyalty to their liege, but the exact reason varies from person to person.

-Out of the royals at the beginning of the game, Corrin, Azura, and Garon lack retainers. Corrin's reason is self-explanatory, but Azura has none due to her distant and solitary attitude in addition to the stigma that comes with being a Nohrian princess, while Garon has none due to his distrusting nature (and not wanting anyone to know that he is possessed).

-Yukimura and Iago serve as advisors to their respective rulers, so they are not technically retainers, though Yukimura is sometimes considered one despite not having the duties of a typical retainer.

-Ikona's family has never approved of Azura's acceptance into Hoshido, and they have made several attempts on her life in the past.

-The reason that Xander, Camilla, and Leo are initially promoted while Hinoka and Takumi aren't is because Garon frequently sends them on missions. Ryoma is promoted because he is heir to Hoshido's throne, while Elise is unpromoted because Garon hasn't sent her on any missions yet.

More Revelation/Hidden Truths stuff:

-Azura becomes Corrin's advisor after reestablishing Valla, much like Yukimura and Iago. This is true even if she is his wife and queen.

-Whenever Azura had a performance, Corrin would accompany her on the piano.

-The fact that Corrin is not Sumeragi's biological child was a closely kept secret. Originally only Sumeragi and Mikoto knew (well, and Arete), but Sumeragi told Ryoma the truth shortly before his death.

-When she first met the amnesic Anankos, Mikoto named him Hydros.

-Anankos/Hydros asked for Arete's blessing before acting on his feelings for Mikoto. Ordinarily Arete would have refused his request, but she made a special exception because of the insane dragon running around at the time, and she wanted her sister to be happy for the time being.

-Arete was never made aware of the fact that her sister's lover was actually Anankos's human form. This is because Mikoto thought that Arete would probably try to kill him if she knew the truth.

-Corrin inherited their father's red eyes and pointed ears. Lilith has yellow eyes instead due to the unique circumstances behind her birth, though she did inherit her father's hair color.

-When Anankos granted the Vallite royal family his blood, he also blessed them with perfect feet. This is why Corrin and Azura's feet are always soft and clean despite them being barefoot all the time. Arete, Mikoto and Shigure also have perfect feet, but prefer to wear shoes anyway.

-The Rainbow Sage and Old Hubba are old friends, so Hubba allows the Sage to use his Hubba Tester whenever he wants.

-Azura has a nice butt, but she is embarrassed by this fact and prefers to avoid drawing attention to the offending area. Or is that canon...?

Maybe I really should write a book of my headcanon? Next time I'll probably discuss the lives and times of the First Dragons.

Wow... Can't wait for next time!

I head!canon this as well. However, I believe the reason the royal families of Nohr and Hoshido are able to utilize D.V. is because they have the blood of the Dawn and Dusk Dragon in them, while the other elemental tribes have only been blessed by their patron dragons for their steadfast devotion (if that makes sense). Also, Anankos is not the same entity as the Dawn and Dusk Dragon; he is his own dragon that may or may not be worshipped by what may or may not be a Water Tribe.

-The Dusk Dragon of Nohr is named Ciardha. The Dawn Dragon of Hoshido is named Prabhat. While Nohrian culture is inspired by a mix of Celtic, Greek, Roman, Norse and German (a slight smidgen of Chinese) mythos and culture, Hoshido is inspired by a mix of Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Hindi mythos and culture.

-Flame Tribe culture is based off of ancient Aztec culture (with possible other cultures I feel like adding). Flame Tribe's patron First Dragon is called Xihuitl. They reside in a place known as the Cuezal Desert, which is a volcanic desert situated in an area right between Hoshido and Nohr. It is hostile neutral and has no ties to any country and, while many attempts have been made to invade it, none have been successful. They are fierce rivals with the Ice Tribe. Sumeragi has made many attempts to ally himself with them but he has been turned away every time; he has plans to simply take the territory and force an alliance. Garon has decided to forego pleasantries and has set his sights on conquer. They are all in the midst of a three way deadlock.

That's all I have because I am lazy.

My head canon is that the entire game is revisionist history, mainly by the Hoshidians , but some also by the Nohrians, to explain the clusterfuck that is the morality in this game. The Hoshidians were just as warmongering as Nohr, explaining why a sadist like Reina is part of a peace-loving country as well as why they even have such a large army. Only, they were like that because they were self-righteous pricks. As an example of what I mean, the Fire Nation from Avatar. Hence, they tried to portray themselves as infallibly good, and Nohrians as evil. The part where the Hoshidians royals were fine with Corrin invading their country and such were the Nohrians trying to counter the revisions done by Hoshido. And Corrin is basically a legend that both sides tried to turn into a propaganda tool to make themselves look better. It's ambiguous if he was a real person or created whole-cloth as propaganda. Basicially, there was so many changes to the actually story, with changes from both sides mixing with each other due to the passage of time, that two versions of the story was created, one pro-Hoshido, and one relatively pro-Nohr. As the first revisions were mainly from Hoshido, who kept it to themselves to not piss off Nohr, with Nohr only getting into it a few decades before both countries collapsed and the stories became myths. As a result of Nohr having less time than Hoshido to make revisons, the Hoshido revision made up a large amount of the base of both stories.

Sorry if this was a bit of a mess to read. I made most of this right up on the spot as I type it down.

Here have a lot of headcanons about Kaden and his fam. Because I love them.

There is one than one Kitsune Hamlet, (given that they are their own race and not just a tribe like the Wind, Ice or Flame tribes) same goes for the Wolfskins. Kaden and Keaton are just the leaders of their groups. (This plays into another headcanon)

And a given, the kids are born after the war. Because the stupid deeprealms are stupid.

When Selkie was young she didn't get "tired" she'd just go and go and go and then just crash, and fall asleep where ever she is. It had become sort of a game for her parents to find where she fell asleep and in what position. This got better with age, but not by much.

Selkie is a good older sister to her younger sibling(s) but often times her playful nature almost gets them hurt. Playing to close to cliffs and such. More than once she has led them home, all of them covered in bruises. But nothing too serious.

Kaden loves to take afternoon naps, and he loves to cuddle. This evolved into Family Nap Time.

He is pretty popular in his village, not just for being the cheif/son of the previous cheif, but due to his friendly nature. He also gets along pretty well with the other Kitsune leaders.

Succession in the Kitsune people, doesn't always follow bloodlines, it's just who the previous cheif sees as the most fit to take care of the people. Kaden's dad chose him for his habit of making sure no dept went unpaid.

When Kaden and his wife got back to his village they had a second, smaller wedding. To include his friends.

It took the Kitsune people a while to warm up to his human/half-human wife. But eventually they got along.

Kitsune have more unique coat colors then the game shows. Kaden is what you think of when you say fox, Selkie's is a color called platinum gold. She also has a patch of fur on her nose that is the same color as her streak.

Rinkah got kicked out of the Fire Tribe after they found out about her low strength growth.

LOL!

I also have one more thing to add, now that I am further into the game:

- Kitsune and Wolfskin were actually worshipped as deities / feared as demons in the past as well (relating to real life myths of Kitsune and werewolves, respectively), but this was abolished after the dragons showed up.

When it comes to the future retainer of the next royals I think this is going to be the set up.

Siegbert gets Soleil and Percy as his retainers.

It seems to be the common theme that the Norian retainers have retainers that are very eccentric and different from their own personality. You can't get more eccentric then a heroic sidekick and Inigo being Xanders retainer makes it a given that Soleil is going to be Siegberts. Them being so cheerful also makes a nice contrast to the more formal Siegbert.

Forrest gets Nina and Ophelia.

Both are the daughters of Leo's retainers and Ophelia already acts as poor Forrest's bodyguard in their supports.

Shiro gets Not Gaius and Caeldori.

Not Gaius is the son of Saizo who was Ryoma's retainer and I'm actually not sure why Caeldori, just feels right.

Kiragi gets Hisame and Selkie.

Hisame for the usual reason, he's Hinata's son and Selkie because she's just as cheery as Kiragi and could help out a lot with his hunting.

When it comes to the future retainer of the next royals I think this is going to be the set up.

I really like these! I can see all of them.

Here have a lot of headcanons about Kaden and his fam. Because I love them.

Same, Selkie is my baby-

I love all of these, especially the ones with Selkie just passing out.

Here are some old ones that I put out before Fates released state side:

World building (I'm just going to limit it to a few tidbits for Nohr and Hoshido)

• Nohr's actual territory is ill-suited for farming, but contains several rich mineral nodes and the population contains some of the best blacksmiths in the world. This allows the Nohrian military to ensure that every soldier, whether noble or commoner, are very well equipped with high-quality steel weapons and armor.
  • The Nohrian levy system requires service from every man and woman over a certain age, meaning that the vast majority of population can quickly mobilize to fight.
  • Hoshido operates on a caste system that prevents social mobility except for in very pressing circumstances (hence why a lot of the retainers are nobles or otherwise high ranking members of their respective social standing. (i.e Asama being a high ranking priest)). This system also breeds contempt and racism towards outsiders, as their status outside of the system places them lower than even peasants.
  • Hoshido may have fertile farmland, but it is lacking in metals and other mineral resources. While members of the Samurai Caste are able to import metals from neutral powers (and certain Nohrian Vassals) west of the Infinite Chasm, most of their ashigaru (peasant soldiers) have to make do with inferior pig iron weapons.

Adults (Just limiting it to the royals and the three amigos. This is their what they are like at the start of the game in addition to their already established characters and they can change over the course of the game)

• Camilla dotes on all her younger siblings as a way to attempt to cope with her role during the Concubine Wars (commonly refereed to as the waifu wars on this forum) she especially dotes on Kamui due to his status as an outsider to the cutthroat nature of Nohrian politics and sees him as someone who won't ever try to stab her in the back. She does have a bit of a drinking problem, needing at least one bottle of wine to get through the day.
  • Marx is painfully aware that the waifu wars were effectively triggered by his mother, Queen Ekaternia (i think that's how you spell it) and harbors a deep sense of survivors guilt, knowing that the vast majority of his extended family died because of his mother's actions. He doesn't show it though, bottling up his emotions and revealing almost nothing about how he really feels, even to his own family.
  • Leon is the most stable mentally of his siblings, if only because he knows constructive ways to deal with his emotions as opposed to lashing out during training (Marx) or drinking (Camilla).
  • Elise sometimes wishes her family wasn't so defensive of her, but she is aware that she is the linchpin holding the Plantagenets (Nohrian royal surname) together, so she keeps up the facade of being a happy, innocent child. Deep down, she is aware of her family's past and wishes that she could comfort her siblings more than by just being the happy little sister.
  • Ryoma is a strong believer in Hoshidoan superiority, but has a change of heart during the war, especially after during the abortive Chevalier Campaign and sees just how the rest of the world operates, realizing that several of Hoshido's societal and military traditions could condemn his kingdom to the ashes of history unless they change.
  • Hinoka spends the vast majority of her time in training, both martial and statecraft, to the point where she only really has a close relationship with Ryoma. As such, her relationship with her younger siblings is not as strong as it seems.
  • Takumi suffers from an extreme case of middle-child syndrome. In addition, the vast majority of importnat events in his life, including his birth, were overshadowed by Nohrian aggression that demanded his family's attention, leaving him with a negative view of Nohr and its people.
  • Sakura wants to believe that everyone in the world is good and kind. A view that her family and retainers encourage to help keep her innocence alive for as long as possible.
  • Kamui has a bit of a narcissistic streak to him due to being constantly coddled by both his blood and adopted families, a problem made worse by his naivety. Some of his naive nature, however, was lost when he had to claim his first life while reclaiming fortresses along the Infinite Chasm during chapter 3, and he slowly became more cynical as time went on.
  • Aqua knows all too well about what happened during both the Sundering in Touma (in which her mother, Shenmei was killed and Anankos overthrew the King of Touma) and that her status as an outsider in Hoshido means that she is less than even a criminal. As such, she is an incredibly jaded and cynical individual. The only person in Hoshido who seems to genuinely care for her is her adopted sister Sakura. Despite this, Aqua has turned to sake as a way to escape from her problems.
  • The Awakening Trio (Lazwald/Inigo, Luna/Severa/ and Odin/Owain) are from the Future Past scenarios. After the conclusion of those scenarios, Exalt Lucina heard rumors of strange entities around the withered husk of the Mila Tree in Valm, and sent them to investigate. Said entity was Anankos, who struck a deal with the trio, saying that if they did what he asked, then he would restore the world to its previous state before Grima's crusade. However, while Anankos was able to restore the Awakening world, that act was enough to trigger the final phase of his degradation, trapping the Awakening trio in the world of fates with no way of returning as far as they knew. Over time, the trio began to see this world as their new home, and while they do wish to return to Ylisse, they have all but given up hope that they will.

EDITS: Work with me, spoiler tags....

Edited by warchiefwilliams

I think Takumi may have been the sibling closest to Mikoto. He is the one who name drops her the most and is the only one having nightmares about her death.

Takumi being so insecure may have given Mikoto the idea that of all the kids he needed her the most. Takumi being the closest in age to Corrin may have also helped.

We're not done yet!

(Note: for convenience, this and future posts will refer to Corrin as male)

General Characters/World Stuff:

-Corrin never wears shoes because he never needed to in the Northern Fortress, since he was never allowed to go outside. When it was time for Corrin to train and leave the fortress, he still refused to wear shoes despite Xander and Gunter's best efforts to change his mind (Camilla, on the other hand, found this quirk endearing). Eventually, they gave in and let him wear shoeless armor.

-Azura always liked to go barefoot for comfort, though Arete made her wear shoes outside while they were in Nohr. After being kidnapped by Hoshido, Azura would continue to wear shoes most of the time, much to her dismay. Azura would take off her shoes and go barefoot whenever she practiced her dancing, but would always end up 'accidentally' losing them. After the eighth pair of lost shoes, Mikoto would give in and let her go barefoot all the time.

-Azura bears a scar on the left side of her waist that was given to her by a group of older noble children (this is mentioned in her supports with Saizo, but the location of the scar is never mentioned). When she learned of this, Arete tried to have Garon find and punish the ones responsible, but he refused because he didn't want to strain his relations with the nobility.

-Besides liking scary stories, Azura is also a theater geek. The reason that Shigure is so theatrical is because Azura exposed him to her favorite works from a young age.

-Mikoto has the ability to see visions of the future in her dreams (though this is suggested to be canon). Ordinarily she would have nightmares involving Sumeragi's death and Corrin's kidnapping, but on one occasion she would instead have a nightmare about a princess suffering in Nohr. She wouldn't understand what this meant immediately, but would later realize that the dream was about Azura after she was brought to Hoshido. Mikoto was conflicted on the idea of returning her to Nohr in exchange for Corrin, but Garon's refusal to trade meant she didn't have to decide (Garon felt that Corrin would be a more valuable pawn than Azura). Mikoto would thus treat Azura like her daughter and would try to have other Hoshidans accept her.

[spoiler=Revelation]Mikoto's prophetic abilities is actually due to her being a royal of Valla, as Anankos has a similar ability. This ability is extremely rare amongst her family. Of course, Azura being Mikoto's niece probably supported Mikoto's decision to raise her as a daughter.

-Hoshido wasn't planning on kidnapping any Nohrian royal in particular. When Yukimura went to Shura to discuss their plan, Shura felt that Azura would be the easiest target since he was aware of how she was treated by the guards and populace. He also probably felt sorry for her and thought that bringing her to Hoshido was for the best.

-Takumi had a crush on Azura when they were younger despite simultaneously distrusting/not liking her. He ends up outgrowing it by the time they're adults, unless they end up getting married.

-Hinoka's determination to rescue Corrin from Nohr led to her neglecting her younger siblings. As a result, Takumi and Sakura have trouble finding common ground with her.

-Corrin (but not the player) learned that he and the other Hoshidan royals had different mothers between chapters 4 and 5.

-Silas is initially hostile toward Azura in their supports because he was secretly jealous of her relationship with Corrin. On the other hand, that same relationship is why Jakob is kinder to her than most other people.

-Nohr and Hoshido previously spoke different languages; Nohr spoke Latin while Hoshido spoke Japanese. At some point, English (or whatever language you're reading, or maybe Nohr just decided to learn Japanese) was created to make communication between the kingdoms easier. Most educated children in both kingdoms still learn their original languages.

-Fates!Anna is younger than Awakening!Anna. Despite this, the former is less greedy and more mature than the latter.

-Whenever Felicia/Jakob/Izana/Yukimura/Flora/Fuga desired to help Corrin on his quest, Lilith would sense their desire and bring them to Corrin's castle.

Sponge Emblem (not really my headcanon, though):

After all that, I suppose that I'll save the First Dragons for another time so I can let my ideas develop into even better ideas! Or something like that...

Edited by Lightchao42

-As opposed to the Marvel-esque multiverse thing, the Outrealms are actually different planets. When the Dragons were a dominant species, the Astral Dragons created the Outrealm Gates; wormhole/teleporter devices that enabled the Dragons to colonise distant Earth-like planets.

-Felicia, Flora, Rinkah and Fuga's limited ability to control the elements of their respective tribes is a result of said tribes being descendant from Dragons.

-Nohr is actually a rather prosperous nation, albeit by conquering other nations and stealing their resources.

-Mikoto and Arete were best friends and 'nuns' in Valla's religion, which is why they refer to each other as sisters. Fite me!

-The land of Nohr is barren because it was initially the homeland of the Blight/Dark Dragons. Their presence polluted the land with dark magic, which prevents vegetation from growing. It also mutated all of the native creatures, turning them into monsters that would be right at home in Stephen King's 'The Mist'.

-Similarly, vegetation in the land of Hoshido grows at supernaturally fast rates as a result of the Divine Dragon's magic and enabling them to perform multiple harvests per growing season.

[spoiler=weapons]The royal weapons aren't as strong as when they were first created by the Sage. Their true powers either have degraded due to Sage getting weaker from time or buried away because no one has been able to unleash the true potential for a long time.

Siegfried and Raijinto are the former cases, while Brynhildr is the latter case(which really suffers from it gameplay-wise). Fujin Yumi isn't as strong as before too, but it isn't affected as much as the others(hence the higher Mt).

• 2 weeks later...

Saizo the fourth may have been Sumeragi's personal retainer in the same way as Saizo is to Ryoma. Its already established that its ''take your kid to work day'' so if Corrin came with his father then Kaze must have came like that as well.

Considering Haitaka felt strongly enough about his dislike of Azura to kidnap and try to kill her I'm guessing Azura had unpleasant run ins with Haitaka in the past.

While he was still alive, Garon had a good relationship with Azura, treating her like all of his other children. For Azura, Garon wasn't perfect, but he was the only father she'd ever known, and as such, she had a hard time reconciling the father she knew with the tyrant he'd become, eventually deciding that any warmth he'd shown her and her mother, Arete, was merely an act. However, when learning that Garon had been replaced by a slime monster, she was secretly pleased, because this meant that 'Garon' wasn't the father she knew, and all the horrible things that had tainted her memories of him were washed away.

Corrin's default alt class is Cavalier because of Xander and Gunter's influence.

Deeprealms exist, but no one left their kids in them.

After Revelations, COrrin had to deal with a rebellion or two. New Valla is made up of both Nohrian and Hoshidan peoples, and neither like each other all tat much, and they don't like him either; he's too Nohrian for the Hoshidans, and too Hoshidan for the Nohrians.

Haitaka is the Hoshidan responsible for sending assassins to kill Azura in the Birthright and Revelations route. Since she wasn't traveling with Corrin right away in Conquest, he instead abducted her, but for whatever reason, did not kill her right away.

Corrin and Azura got married by the lake they met.

Izana faked his death in Revelations in order to convince Takumi to join Corrin.

Nestra is a Nohrian vassal state, hence why Nohr has a strong presense there, and how Garon can get away with a massacre of all the dancers and performers in the city of Cyrkensia.

The Ice, Wind, and Flame Tribes once had royals capable of using the Dragon Vein, but they all died out, either during the War of the First Dragons, or afterwards over the course of history.

Peoples that were once backed by a First Dragon were Hoshido, Nohr, Valla, Izumo, Notre Sagesse, Flame Tribe, Wind Tribe, Ice Tribe.

After the fight against Anankos was done, Lilith told Corrin the truth of their blood, and how Ananakos is their father. Likewise, the Awakening Trio leave behind messages to their lieges, telling the truths about their real names, why they came there, and their origins.

In order to better unite New Valla, Corrin and Azura encouraged intermarrying between the Hoshidan and Nohrian parts of the kingdom, focusing on the younger generations.

Upon their return to Ylisse, the Trio will introduce their new spouses to their friends and families.

Odin will regale Ophelia with tales of the Hero-King Marth, the First Exalt, Chrom, and his cousin Lucina.