Group Purchase: Merchandise from Cipher 1st Anniversary Caravan (Osaka 6/25, et al.) | All Hail Kisaragi!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

I've updated the list up through this post so far. If you've requested an order, please PM me ASAP to find out your total due (this will include your subtotal, shipping, and extra for kisaragi's troubles, etc.) and be prepared to PayPal it over to me ASAP. As with past events, if kisaragi is unable to fulfill your order in part or whole (because let's be realistic: we collectively ordered 118 items lol), your subtotal and shipping costs will be refunded, though the stipend for kisaragi's attempt may be retained (it's only like $10 per person).

After the event, we'll do inventory to figure out who's getting what. We'll request shipping addresses from those getting any or all of their orders and arrange for those to be sent. We'll also inform people of any refunds that will be due.

UPDATE: First of all, please refrain from adding to your order at this point. We're scrambling to collect funds, and the event less than 20 hours away. If you really need an additional item, then fine, let me know. But if you can live without it at this point, it's one less headache for us.

Second of all, everyone's shipping costs are being calculated as if we're shipping everything to everyone individually. HOWEVER, since most people ordering are from the US, and a large number of others are from Canada, and most orders are small, we'll try something similar to last time, where we'll ship all the US orders to one person, and have that person use significantly cheaper domestic shipping to ship the items within the US, and each person would only be responsible for their (cheap) domestic shipping plus their small share of the group shipping to US. Same thing for Canada. If your order is small, this means you'll probably also get a partial refund for shipping costs at the end.

Third, I'll give you your total due when you PM me. Don't use the USD conversions in the original post: Brexit screwed the world, so everyone's costs are noticeably higher.

Edited by christianponte

The event has begun, and kisaragi has received both the full total of orders of everyone in this thread, as well as the total of PAID orders up to this point. Priority will be put on those paid up to this point, and the rest will follow, but as always, no guarantees for anyone on any of their ordered items until after the event ends and we have time to do a full and accurate inventory. In the meantime, let's all thank kisaragi (and friend) for their willingness to make the effort to help us all out!

The event has begun, and kisaragi has received both the full total of orders of everyone in this thread, as well as the total of PAID orders up to this point. Priority will be put on those paid up to this point, and the rest will follow, but as always, no guarantees for anyone on any of their ordered items until after the event ends and we have time to do a full and accurate inventory. In the meantime, let's all thank kisaragi (and friend) for their willingness to make the effort to help us all out!

Yes! Thank you, friend! :D

Thanks to you both, actually, for putting this together!

I'm still in the process of figuring out who will get what and how much refunds will be. Trying to share the wealth as fairly as I can, and I will contact those who paid individually as to what their situation is. (If I haven't contacted you yet, it's because it's currently bad news, but I'm scrambling to try and turn it into good news.)

A few things, though:

- Artworks IV was SOLD OUT by the time kisaragi (& friend) got to the front of the line. They then took initiative and went out of their way to ask to buy copies (for a premium) from other attendees that had clearly purchased extras. So for the few people who will get Artworks IV, be sure to thank them for going the extra mile. That being said, they weren't purchased at retail cost (¥2000), but rather around ¥3700, so the difference will be deducted from your partial refunds. If that's a bit much for you and you no longer want it, let me know ASAP.

- We may have under-collected on shipping again. The plan was to ship internationally in bulk, and then individually domestically, to spread the cost out among everyone. But shipping costs were estimated and divided based on about 25 people placing orders. About 15 people either didn't pay or canceled their order after the start of Friday when I started quoting people amounts to pay via PayPal. However, we may still have enough to cover it, because obviously it will be smaller, lighter, and hopefully cheaper shipments. We won't know until they're shipped. In the event we under-collected, I'll let you know ASAP, as this will either reduce refunds or create additional balances.

- If you end up being one of the few people who did pay in full but aren't getting anything due to items selling out and/or us not having enough, you will be entitled to a full refund, including all PayPal fees. That being said, if you would still like to contribute any of the amount allocated as a stipend/gift for kisaragi for making the attempt/effort, let me know and we can deduct some or all of that from your refund.

- Refunds will take some time, due to international PayPal transfers being stuck in "pending" limbo for a few days. Full refunds should go out next week at the earliest, when they clear international transfer. Partial refunds will be issued after funds clear international transfer or items have shipped, whichever is later.

Overall, the process has gone much more smoothly than Comiket and has been a bit more streamlined than Cipher Sai, so hopefully we've got ourselves a well-oiled machine for future events.

Edited by christianponte

Just got home from a long (albeit slightly less stressful) day so I need time to process all of the information.

In any case, a big thanks for all the hard work and for trying, especially given the short notice and uncontrollable circumstances (aka gosh these events are popular)!

Now, I definitely appreciate thinking outside the box and taking the initiative. However, I can't lie and say I feel happy about paying over the odds for Artbook IV, not just because we essentially gave in to scalpers.

Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Yeah, I understand the disappointment in that regard. I gave the green light on it because I knew it'd still be a cheaper price than most online resellers would offer, and we had a very short window of time before the event ended and I had to make the call before most people would've been able to get back to me.

If you or any of the others think it's just not worth that much, or you're just against it on principle, let me know and you'll no longer be responsible for buying it. Kisaragi wanted to be the one to absorb the difference in price, but I couldn't let them do that for several books, especially after going through all this trouble for us. If anyone with dibs on a book doesn't want theirs, I'll offer it to the next people down the list, and if no one wants it at the purchased price, I'll offer it to the original people again at retail price and eat the price difference myself.

Edited by christianponte

Yeah, I understand the disappointment in that regard. I gave the green light on it because I knew it'd still be a cheaper price than most online resellers would offer, and we had a very short window of time before the event ended and I had to make the call before most people would've been able to get back to me.

If you or any of the others think it's just not worth that much, or you're just against it on principle, let me know and you'll no longer be responsible for buying it. Kisaragi wanted to be the one to absorb the difference in price, but I couldn't let them do that for several books, especially after going through all this trouble for us. If anyone with dibs on a book doesn't want theirs, I'll offer it to the next people down the list, and if no one wants it at the purchased price, I'll offer it to the original people again at retail price and eat the price difference myself.

I see, that makes sense. I understand the better than nothing approach and I can't deny it's gonna be about the same online or worse.

Still, I think I'll take you up on your offer and let other members have dibs on Artbook IV first (especially since it was at the bottom of my list). If nobody bites, I'll take it for 3700 Yen or maybe we can meet inbetween.

Yeah, I just don't like scalpers, sorry. The whole drama with the Fates SE kind of scarred me : /

Any idea when contact will be for those of us who haven't heard anything?

No matter what happens, I can hardly be upset! I hope no one is overly stressed for my sake.

Mm-hmm, just to emphasise, I absolutely cannot be upset with kisaragi or anyone here, just the circumstances if anything.

Edited by VincentASM

Christian is right. Its alot cheaper the way he and Kiseragi did this, international limited edition cipher stuff is incredibly inflated.

Edited by Draxal

Best of luck to whoever got their fair share of merch, I've already paid for the merch that I wanted online myself.

Be thankful that there's someone who's kind enough to do something like this at the very least, I gave in to the price overhaul myself.