How do you contact the Administration without Outlook?

Elise

Outlook servers are unnecessary and expensive.

It's been over a week since my brother contacted the Staff through G-Mail using "Administration @ serenesforest .net"

​Does that even work? And how long does he have to wait for a response? Should he send another E-Mail?

​My brother was banned just because I made an account.

this really isn't a thread for far from the forest

outlook is not necessary to contact someone through email. he sent it with gmail, which is just fine. I don't know how long he has been waiting for a response so I cannot tell you if he should follow up.

secondarily but very importantly, your brother was not simply banned "just because [you] made an account." please don't air it as such to start something.

I made my brother's account with some help from Vincent (we had a bit of trouble getting it up), so I don't think you can be banned for creating an account for someone else. I think you CAN be banned for using two or more accounts for yourself, though...

Shooting them an message through Serenes Forest itself is a way to get their attention. Of course, the admins can just ignore you and they may not have time to fix every problem.

secondarily but very importantly, your brother was not simply banned "just because [you] made an account." please don't air it as such to start something.

It is stated in the Code of Conduct that you should notify the Admins if you and someone else in the same Network/IP address use different accounts just to not be mistakenly banned.

Multiple accounts are forbidden and grounds for a ban.

If you have a friend, relative, or acquaintance on the same network as you, you must notify the staff. Otherwise you risk being mistakenly banned.

yes, thank you user, we forgot to make them aware of this when we banned them, so glad you could cover for us this time

No problem ~

New users should take a look to the Code of Conduct before they post or something.

Btw, can the CoC be used as a "Terms and Conditions" agreement for people creating an account? so they can read them

Why not just add a notification of this kind of thing to the registration screen itself

I mean, the URL in the I've read and agree to the Terms of Use that leads to the CoC doesn't even work [it leads to this URL for what it's worth, which goes to an SF not found page], and it's basically the one thing we ask users to read when they create an account anyway.

Edited by Elieson

that is a good thing to probably have brought up with someone when you noticed it

I'll pass it on that the link doesn't work

I just noticed it like a minute ago because I wanted to see if the MultipleIP thing was mentioned anywhere outside of the CoC like on the reg page.

There's a link to the CoC on the bottom of every SF Forum page anyway, so it's not like it's hard to get to. I just assume that people don't go beyond the bare minimum requirements ever; it's a curse of being a web developer

probably the most inaccurate statement ever made

The everyone is a nerd part or the everyone reads the coc part.

I mean the latter part is definitely inaccurate for a lot of people, but that was the joke so.

But SFers are geeks not nerds.

Nerds are like rocket scientists.

no, nerds can be stupid

source: the internet

Don't trust everything you see there.

Edited by Naughx

I just realized you don't get notifications when someone replies to your thread.

It is stated in the Code of Conduct that you should notify the Admins if you and someone else in the same Network/IP address use different accounts just to not be mistakenly banned.

He did read the CoC, but had trouble figuring out what the Staff E-Mail was.

this really isn't a thread for far from the forest

outlook is not necessary to contact someone through email. he sent it with gmail, which is just fine. I don't know how long he has been waiting for a response so I cannot tell you if he should follow up.

Sorry, Far from the forest was just the first place I found that I thought wouldn't get me in trouble for this post, because it says spam and necroposting are allowed.

Yes, he was banned because we failed to prove we were separate people, and my name and picture combination don't help.

It's unfortunate. Your brother could simply use SF either as a guest or create an account when connected to a different network other than the one you use, e.g. school or library wifi, and only log into SF at those places until this is sorted.