Advice for the Ultimate Guard-Stance Support Unit

Alrighty then...

I am looking to create the ultimate Guard-Stance Support unit for SCIENCE and could use some advice, namely on which character and skill combination would be optimal.

I am quite keen on taking advantage of Nohrian Trust, though I am aware that this limits the unit to supporting Avatar or Kana in order to make the most of the unit.

So far I have in mind Kaze with Miraculous Save, Lethality, Astra and Aegis (as he can get these regardless of who he S-Supports via his own classes + friendship with Silas) with the last two skills undecided.

Now on to the questions at hand...

1: Is there another character I am completely looking over that has a better leap-off point for making into this kind of unit?

2: Who would you guys recommend I marry Kaze / alternative character to grand the best pool of skills without completely gimping the child unit of said pairing?

3: Is it worth using up a skill slot on Replicate for this unit since they are going to be a support-bot anyway. I know that the lead of the Replica would also require Nhorian Trust to make the most of the support - but having 2x Support-bots for a single skill slot seems worth it and would also sidestep the admittedly small weakness of Replica's shared damage (as both units would be Supporting units).

Assuming that the lead unit has Nohrian Trust...

-Pavise

-Aegis

Any three of the following:

-Dual Guardsman

-Miracle

-(Attack skill(s))

Support unit should be in a class that best suits the lead unit (ie. Berserker if the lead unit really wants STR; General if the lead unit really wants DEF)

Any kid can get Nohrian trust (there are many castles offering it). If you want to take advantage of some other kid for this setup, it's up to you. These are some ideas on the rest of the skills:

Depending on the front character speed, you may decide for or against Wary Fighter.

You may also want to valorate Vantage for the front character (great with Astra when injured).

Hoshidan Unity is a must for a proc oriented unit, and any unit with Nohrian Trust can get this one as well.

Quixotic is more risky, since enemy accuracy rises. Their increased skill proc is irrelevant if they have no proc-skills, but you can focus on taking out/weakening the ones that have these skills first on player phase, or counter them with Pavise/Aegis.

If the frontman has high HP (the durable fellow type), you may want to give him Counter/Countermagic and some HP restoring skill (Sol via Nohrian Trust/Renewal).

All in all, the skill setup depends on the type of paired unit you want, defensive or offensive.

If you want to hold of tons of enemies, Pavise-Aegis is a combination nice to have in this set, high-proc Vantage-Astra will regenerate your shield gauge consistently, while dealing heavy damage if you're damaged, Sol will provide a defensive boost in both phases. The backup character for this combination should have those four proc skills and the frontman, either regeneration, defensive boosts or proc augmenters.

If you want an offensive approach, Lethality-Astra-Luna-Rend Heaven/Dragon Fang will have you activating skills in almost every attack, increasing your damage output or downright killing the enemy. The frontman should have proc augmenters and damage increasers.