Games you know are bad but enjoy anyways.

Caster

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dynasty Warrior Advance. The game is so mindless i played it on a very long timespan back in the day.

Megaman X6 is a mess, but some of its aspects such as Guard Shell Bug abuse, Zero being even more hilariously broken, and X Saber hits with me so hard

I wonder if the first Lufia classifies into a bad game or if it just got old. It had lots, LOTS of backtracking and parts of the main quest that demanded you to go to X, then you got to X and they told you to go to Y, and then you'd be grinding and going from dungeon to dungeon until you found what you were looking for, the plot advanced, and then the cycle repeated. The story was fairly cliche'd but ok for the time, the graphics were good and the soundtrack was a hit-or-miss, I guess.

oh yes, I also like Megaman Battle Network: Battlechip Challenge.

Edited by Rapier

Dragon Age 2

primarily because i like the combat system and didn't find the storyline abhorrent, even if both are pretty obviously flawed. and prick hawke is funny; i'd argue funnier than snarky hawke.

Drakkhen is one of the Genuinely Bad Games that ive played and freaking adored. Its for the SNES and its just a clunky mess of an RPG. It has plenty of lore and story but its really not told in a way that endears people to it. The battle is like, automated and you just equip your guys and shit. Its a weird game.

c1df783a08f7f74ba9f8b0b309fb4366.png

Also, Nekopara.

OMG is that Brian, Bill, Langley and Big Bill?

Dragon Age 2

primarily because i like the combat system and didn't find the storyline abhorrent, even if both are pretty obviously flawed. and prick hawke is funny; i'd argue funnier than snarky hawke.

I don't find that game objectively bad at all. It was sequel baiting, but all was forgiven with Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Many people consider Persona 1 to be a bad game but I enjoyed it. The original was super slow, clunky (try to navigate THAT MAP) and had "hilarious" localization but also phenomenal soundtrack, atmosphere and the only decent dungeons in the whole sub-series (at least before Q happened). Remake fixed the most glaring problems but I'm not really fond of new music.

Game Grumps made an LP of Drakkhen and that's what they named the characters. XD

oh. I kinda doubt it because that image came from flyingomelette's site which i gyazo'd to avoid hotlinking. Considering that site is old af, its probably from before that LP..?

oh. I kinda doubt it because that image came from flyingomelette's site which i gyazo'd to avoid hotlinking. Considering that site is old af, its probably from before that LP..?

I don't doubt that it's older, I'm just saying the game grumps they had some fun with this game.

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest and Quest 64. They may be pretty bad games, but I grew up with them. Also, because I was so young, I didn't know about the behind-the-scenes stuff that may have made me disappointed in them (Mystic Quest was rumored to have been the reason we didn't get FFV in the US, but I think that was proven false somewhere. And Quest 64 had a lot of awesome features that were planned, and hyped up to the public, but cut before the release. Like, for example, party members).

I don't doubt that it's older, I'm just saying the game grumps they had some fun with this game.

my gods, those young men are annoying. I couldnt finish the vid because they were really grating on my nerves. Im not too big on "hurr durr" humor. But the game really is pretty batshit.

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

I love this game. It slipped my mind when posting, but yes. Its pretty assy and really basic, but its fun as shit for me and my gods, its soundtrack.

it was bomb af for a little budget bs title, wow.

my gods, those young men are annoying. I couldnt finish the vid because they were really grating on my nerves. Im not too big on "hurr durr" humor. But the game really is pretty batshit.

Well, that's the more hyper, energetic era. They get more mellow over time.

Have anyone every played Cruis'n USA? Or Cruis'n World? Apparently the former's rated mixed to negative (according to Wikipedia) and the latter's also have mixed reviews, but there's something that makes me want to play those two game over and over.

Being Japanese, it's hilarious to see what I think is the Meishin/Tomei Expressway (being the main course track) with traditional stone bridges, lines of Buddha statues on the sides, and a JR Maglev above that isn't even going to be open for another decade. And you can ram into, and destroy, those statues too! Ideally, I would have liked to see more urban scenery, like traditional Machiyas on the beginning (as Kyoto), and the Shuto Expressway on the finish (as Tokyo).

Edited by henrymidfields

I love this game. It slipped my mind when posting, but yes. Its pretty assy and really basic, but its fun as shit for me and my gods, its soundtrack.

it was bomb af for a little budget bs title, wow.

Yeah, the soundtrack (and the graphics, for that matter) of FFMQ still hold up today. It's why I still go back and play the game sometimes, even though it's gameplay is easy (except for when it decides to do some bullshit like petrifying both of your party members before you can react to it, which isn't even the good kind of difficulty) and simplistic.

Have anyone every played Cruis'n USA? Or Cruis'n World? Apparently the former's rated mixed to negative (according to Wikipedia) and the latter's also have mixed reviews, but there's something that makes me want to play those two game over and over.

Being Japanese, it's hilarious to see what I think is the Meishin/Tomei Expressway (being the main course track) with traditional stone bridges, lines of Buddha statues on the sides, and a JR Maglev above that isn't even going to be open for another decade. And you can ram into, and destroy, those statues too! Ideally, I would have liked to see more urban scenery, like traditional Machiyas on the beginning (as Kyoto), and the Shuto Expressway on the finish (as Tokyo).

I had both these games at one point. They were so bad, but so good.

Yeah, the soundtrack (and the graphics, for that matter) of FFMQ still hold up today. It's why I still go back and play the game sometimes, even though it's gameplay is easy (except for when it decides to do some bullshit like petrifying both of your party members before you can react to it, which isn't even the good kind of difficulty) and simplistic.

dude, what about when both party members get Confused and kill each other? One of my favorite things is owning the final boss with the Cure spell. You do it like, twice, and hes dead. Hah.

dude, what about when both party members get Confused and kill each other? One of my favorite things is owning the final boss with the Cure spell. You do it like, twice, and hes dead. Hah.

Yeah, confusion is pretty bullshit, too. And I actually didn't know about that Cure trick until like 2005-ish. I usually avoid using it myself, not because it's too cheap (if I cared about how cheap and easy things are, I wouldn't be playing Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest), but because I want the final boss music to last longer.

Tales of the World : Narikiri Dungeon 3.

Not a bad game per se, but it hs some glaring flaws, and there's an English patch, but it's incomplete

It's a Tales of Fangame on GBA using Frio and Karyo for the pecedent tiltle (that I also enjoy btw.)

The gameplay is a wierd mix between Tales of style battle, and pseudo-tactical-RPGs.

You moves your characters on a map and when you encounter an ennemy, you go to a 2D battle screen (like Tales of Eternia and co...)

And there aren't any cases, but your character moves more or less freely (most of the time, they ends up lost since the system isn't really well thought...)

The story is once again a pretext to encounter characters from different Tales of game. And it has Time Travel, so you know it'll be complete clusterfuck. (The ending is still better than Awakening. If you play that game, you know what I mean) Still, it allows things like Leon and Judas teaming togetehr, which is damn cool. And it has Doctor Brown (and his future version Doctor White).

I don't know who half of these characters are, so it's not the fanservice that made me like that game.

Despite all hsi flaws, it allows a good deal of customisation with all the classes and is just overall fun. And the soundtrack is really cool :

It has been a while since I plaid it, but I still have good memories of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm gonna get lynched for saying this, but I had fun playing Wii Music. My older brother (who is on the top layer of the causal gamer crust) bought it, and yeah it's not very good. But I still had a good time playing it with him. Oh, and by the way... WHERE'S MY TROMBONE NINTENDO! (yes I play trombone IRL)

If you love Fire emblem, you'll love "Natural Doctrine" because it's harder than Fire Emblem! The story is awful, but I say that it's better than Fates story by far, and the gameplay is pretty fun and allows for customization because it has a talent tree. You also gameover if any of your characters, that are forced deployed, dies, so you have to keep everyone alive until endgame and you need them alive even then because you can't low man run this game! Seriously, if you can beat this game on easy/normal then you can consider yourself pretty good at strategy games. It's like darksouls as a strategy game, IMO.

(Item drops are random so you'll have to reset and play through a stage, takes about 20-40mins of playing and resetting, to farm specific drops to make the game easier.)

There's also the Fable Series, mainly 2+3 which were extremely buggy, but they were so fun. So sad that there'll be no more, i think, to the series.

Pretty sure most people weren't able to beat ND, so they ended up hating it, and Fable was hated because it never lived up to what the Dev told everyone anyways.

Honorable mentions... but aren't really bad games

Chaos Wars - Horrible dub, but still pretty fun... but it's another Idea Factory game which is very similar to the other strategy games, thus repetitive but has great music!

Arc Rise Fantasia - You get use to the voices, and is actually a good RPG that's naturally hard! But them dumb people only enjoy good dub instead of good gameplay. Seriously, people didn't shut up about the dub! It was decent and you get use to it, and you start to care for the characters.

Digimon World 2 - Spent 80 hours on this game, it was a repetitive dungeon crawler which had many moves that were similar but transferable, but it was my childhood, a childhood of stupid Bit/Mem/Return bugs!

Pokemon+COD - Seriously, it's the same thing over and over again and Pokemon barely has anything different between versions and also has locked content that might require you to go to the movies to get a certain pokemon. You can defend these all you want, but they're bad and I still play Pokemon and forced to play COD when my nephew visits.

Those are some of the ones I remember, there should be more but kids who visit keeps stealing my games so I lost track of the ones I played.