Roy and Sigurd coming to Fire Emblem fates????

FoxyGrandpa

on the other side i really like the Corrin Amiibo unlock a dragon stone that let you make the final smash or something alike .

Considering Intelligent Systems would have to update the game to add in Corrin amiibo support (Even if its Basic like, gives you a fully voiced Non Supportable Avatar of the opposite gender you chose) I doubt the Corrin amiibo (And by extension the Roy amiibo) will never get support in Fates. I seriously doubt IS will ever update the game considering all the DLC (Maps excluded) were in the games files, 100% finished since Day 1.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it matter what the content is being showcased for? The main reason people don't think we are gonna get Roy Amiibo support is because of the effort it would take to create completely new content that isn't already in the game data. Regardless of whether it's being used for Cipher, Mobile or something else entirely, IS has reduced the amount of effort it would require for us to get these characters and IMO that alone is a reason to hope.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

EDIT: Especially since sprites aren't even actually used in Cypher (as far as I remember anyway).

Also Robin probably isn't in it because he is not a lord.

Edited by cgRIPPER

Why does it matter what the content is being showcased for?

Read. The. Thread. Title.

Then, keep in mind that Cipher and the FE video games may have a bit of overlap, but not something like what the topic title says.

Then, keep in mind that Cipher and the FE video games may have a bit of overlap, but not something like what the topic title says.

No! They are coming to Fates! *fingers in ears, head in sand*

Just let me dream. Pls no bully...

Two questions.

1. Wasn't Minerva a Cipher unit? Isn't it possible that Roy and Sigurd would be Cipher units to?
  2. I'll be honest and say I've not really played Genealogy, so I know next to nothing about the characters featured. But wouldn't it make more sense for that unit to be Seliph if he isn't on horseback? I mean, Sigurd does start on horseback, meanwhile Seliph... doesn't. Plus, Seliph was featured in Awakening as a special DLC unit while Sigurd was... just a regular Spotpass unit from the 1st generation of Genealogy.

Two questions.

• Wasn't Minerva a Cipher unit? Isn't it possible that Roy and Sigurd would be Cipher units to?
  • I'll be honest and say I've not really played Genealogy, so I know next to nothing about the characters featured. But wouldn't it make more sense for that unit to be Seliph if he isn't on horseback? I mean, Sigurd does start on horseback, meanwhile Seliph... doesn't. Plus, Seliph was featured in Awakening as a special DLC unit while Sigurd was... just a regular Spotpass unit from the 1st generation of Genealogy.

- Hence why I said "some overlap". Cipher is currently Japan-only, so if there was any extra content in Fates related to it, we wouldn't get it. Unless Nintendo ports Cipher to the rest of the world. To advertise Roy and Sigurd in Fates based off of Cipher merchandise is flimsy at best and deceptive at worst.

- I'm pretty sure that's Sigurd.

Minerva, Lucina and Marth were DLC units added via Cipher, a year ago.

I'm honestly surprised there weren't more Cipher DLC units, especially since there are unused slots for potential Cipher characters.

I have a feeling there was fan backlash over needing to buy Cipher to get the characters, especially Minerva who requires you to buy 50 dollars worth of cards. So they ended up scrapping the idea.

Because otherwise, I'm convinced that the Cipher newcomers Shade and Emma would've been wave 2 Cipher DLC units.

Edited by VincentASM

Minerva, Lucina and Marth were DLC units added via Cipher, a year ago.

I'm honestly surprised there weren't more Cipher DLC units, especially since there are unused slots for potential Cipher characters.

I have a feeling there was fan backlash over needing to buy Cipher to get the characters, especially Minerva who requires you to buy 50 dollars worth of cards. So they ended up scrapping the idea.

Because otherwise, I'm convinced that the Cipher newcomers Shade and Emma would've been wave 2 Cipher DLC units.

Honestly, I think there was backlash because like the Awakening Einherjiar .... they just looked very out of place with the regular characters in game already. Hell, Cipher Marth and Lucina looked very out of place and they were done by Kozaki.

Set 2 and 3, had the 3ds themes, but it appears for set 4 and 5 there's nothing redeemable on the 3ds at all.

Edited by Draxal

Two questions.

1. Wasn't Minerva a Cipher unit? Isn't it possible that Roy and Sigurd would be Cipher units to?
  2. I'll be honest and say I've not really played Genealogy, so I know next to nothing about the characters featured. But wouldn't it make more sense for that unit to be Seliph if he isn't on horseback? I mean, Sigurd does start on horseback, meanwhile Seliph... doesn't. Plus, Seliph was featured in Awakening as a special DLC unit while Sigurd was... just a regular Spotpass unit from the 1st generation of Genealogy.

Sigurd and gen 1 of FE4 have been the focus of the upcoming expansion, so it would be odd to NOT use him in the context of Cipher.

I like how you completely ignored the majority of my post where I explained why I didn't think it really mattered.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know Cipher doesn't use sprites at all. It would make much more sense if this is overlap from either new fates content or mobile into Cipher and not the other way around.

Also, the topic is a question. The fact that the title is a question means that this thread is discussing the possibility of Roy and Sigurd in fates. Yes, it being at a Cipher event slightly decreases the likelihood, but my point was that the merchandise existing at all is more reason to hope than it being at a Cipher event is to give up hope. Hence: "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst." Anyone starting to romp around shouting that "Roy and Sigurd are coming to Fates!" because of this thread only have themselves to blame if it turns out not to be the case.

A side-effect of the classes being based on their Sm4sh counterparts.

Except that female Robin is in Sm4sh too...

Edited by cgRIPPER

As an alternate costume. The amiibo uses the main costume, which is the male one.

I still count it since she got her own rendered portrait. Though apparently IntSys doesn't...

Again, they're basing themselves on the amiibos, which uses the default settings.

I understand the logic, but I don't think it's a good reason at all. By that logic, female robin is just an alt costume within Awakening too because your cursor defaults over the male option when creating the character. Heck, maybe that is what they're thinking.

More than anything though, I think they were looking for an excuse to gender-lock the Fell Brand just so that they could cut costs. The Amiibo einherjar itself I can easily understand, but the Fell Brand itself which isn't even obtained through the amiibo is just them being lazy.

Anyway, I understand the reasoning, I just think it's a shoddy excuse to cover up their attempts at cutting costs. I've said my piece and I'll leave it at that (especially since this is quite off-topic in this thread).

Anyway, I understand the reasoning, I just think it's a shoddy excuse to cover up their attempts at cutting costs. I've said my piece and I'll leave it at that (especially since this is quite off-topic in this thread).

Honestly if they run out of ways to Milk Smash for all its worth I'm sure Female Robin/Corrin, Male Wii Fit, Female Villager etc. Will eventually get amiibo

Edited by TheGreenBlur

This had better mean that they're finally adding support for the Roy amiibo, I preordered him JUST for this game!

I know how you feel, but you still only have yourself to blame if you bought the amiibo just for a game that the amiibo is listed as incompatible with on the official site.

Edited by cgRIPPER

Aye this atleast gives me hope for Eliboy's appearance as DLC.

If he is coming on-board they might give him his own unique class since Great Lord is Fgenderlock.

Personally I always had the idea that Roy's exclusive class would be all about power n spd like in Sm4sh. But Lodestar already has all the speed so.

But even if Roy does come to fates and isnt unique in anyway.

Eliboy is still gonna be a perm member of my fates crew regardless. That's me personally.

I like how you completely ignored the majority of my post where I explained why I didn't think it really mattered.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know Cipher doesn't use sprites at all. It would make much more sense if this is overlap from either new fates content or mobile into Cipher and not the other way around.

Also, the topic is a question. The fact that the title is a question means that this thread is discussing the possibility of Roy and Sigurd in fates. Yes, it being at a Cipher event slightly decreases the likelihood, but my point was that the merchandise existing at all is more reason to hope than it being at a Cipher event is to give up hope. Hence: "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst." Anyone starting to romp around shouting that "Roy and Sigurd are coming to Fates!" because of this thread only have themselves to blame if it turns out not to be the case.

No. You're not getting off on a case of basic reading comprehension. If the topic title wasn't enough, go read the first post. I think TC's intent was clear enough.

This topic is the kind of stupid baseless speculation that turns into equally stupid rumors which becomes a giant pain in the ass to disprove later on. I encourage basic research into things before trying to make connections that are tenuous, at best (because Cipher merchandise does NOT mean the possibility that anyone is going to be added into Fates). I want to drill two things into everyone's head:

1. Cipher is something that's its own entity (or I'd have a FE6 remake in my hands)

2. Trying to tie two things that have very little business being together and raise some sort of discussion is ignorant at best and dishonest at worst, and I'm not sure which one I dislike more

This is why I'm ruthlessly squashing any sort of hope about Roy/Sigurd and Fates - because if it really was true, the link wouldn't be in a product that's tangentially related to Fates, at best. It would probably be leaked or announced.

So yes, it does matter, and yes, I'm going to be less than pleasant about pointing out why it's a bad idea to think there's any sort of merit in TC's logic.

No. You're not getting off on a case of basic reading comprehension. If the topic title wasn't enough, go read the first post. I think TC's intent was clear enough.

This topic is the kind of stupid baseless speculation that turns into equally stupid rumors which becomes a giant pain in the ass to disprove later on. I encourage basic research into things before trying to make connections that are tenuous, at best (because Cipher merchandise does NOT mean the possibility that anyone is going to be added into Fates). I want to drill two things into everyone's head:

1. Cipher is something that's its own entity (or I'd have a FE6 remake in my hands)

2. Trying to tie two things that have very little business being together and raise some sort of discussion is ignorant at best and dishonest at worst, and I'm not sure which one I dislike more

This is why I'm ruthlessly squashing any sort of hope about Roy/Sigurd and Fates - because if it really was true, the link wouldn't be in a product that's tangentially related to Fates, at best. It would probably be leaked or announced.

So yes, it does matter, and yes, I'm going to be less than pleasant about pointing out why it's a bad idea to think there's any sort of merit in TC's logic.

No. You're not getting off on a case of "I don't like this conversation".

The OP shows pictures and the question: "A Roy and Sigurd sprite appears 3 times on the promotional material. Could both characters be coming to Fire emblem fates as DLC?"

It's still a question. You're still ignoring the entirety of my post except for the first sentence.

I understand how frustrating it is to see misinformation get spread around, but "someone claiming that something will inevitably happen" and "people speculating whether or not a desirable outcome is likely" are completely different things. Hence why I said that anyone who neglects to take what is said here with a grain of salt can only blame themselves if they get let down. The most we can do for a person like that is share our reasonings for why or why not they should be getting excited and let them decide from there. If someone still refuses to give up on a lost cause then you'll be a much more pleasant person if you move on with your life and let them be disappointed by what unfolds.

I also understand that since you're a mod you might not have the luxury of just not looking at threads that bother you. Even so, there are better ways of taking out your frustration than by being nasty to people, and I don't plan on just rolling over and taking it despite how much I appreciate the work of forum mods.

Now one last time, I will try to have an intelligent conversation over whether or not this is a reason to hope. Regarding your assumption that this is only tangentially related to Fates at best: the white bag and the pen (2 of the 3 items this discussion is focused around) have no shown logos of Cipher at all. If it wasn't at an event for Cipher, then there would be no reason to draw any connection to Cipher in the first place. As I've already stated (and am still waiting for someone to correct me if I'm wrong) Cipher doesn't use sprites. Furthermore, not only are they sprites which already puts a distance from Cipher, but the others beside Roy/Sigurd are the exact same ones used in Fates. You're free to disagree if you like, but I wouldn't call that a tangential relationship by a longshot. Moving on, you say that Cipher and Fates have very little business being together, but they irrefutably have significantly more to do with each other than Fates and Smash do. Despite that fact, we already had the latter 2 things come together. If you want to state your opinion in response to the points that I make in my post, then that's fine but I will not stand around while someone dismisses an entire viewpoint without even addressing the supporting statements of the person they are quoting.

I apologize if I've crossed the line here, but I'm trying to make a point at how immature you're being. What you do with that knowledge is up to you.

EDIT: Also, sorry to anyone whose desire to participate in the conversation has been hindered by this.

Edited by cgRIPPER

Just curious, did people actually think Sigurd is popular? I remember looking at some FE4 polls and.... the dude really isn't anywhere near popular especially for a main character

Edited by JSND

I agree with eclipse. It's always nice to have discussions, but this one is IMO starting to dangerously veer towards creating nothing but disappointment for fans because nobody is arguing for the opposite, which is what we're doing.

The key things that most people are missing are that.

1. Cipher already had pixelised content last year, featuring Lucina, Marth, Ike and the Corrins.

2. Sigurd and Roy are there to promote Series 5 and 6 of Cipher, like Lucina, Marth, Ike and the Corrins promoted 1-4.

3 Pixelised content is cool.

If anything, Sigurd's appearance pretty much shuts down any possibility because the chances of him getting an Amiibo are notoriously slim (he's not going to be in Smash and FE's best chance to have its own Amiibos went and passed after the 25th anniversary) and because the last time they had Cipher DLC was a year ago (and they were probably planning to add more if not for possible fan complaints).

Edited by VincentASM

What bothers me about how eclipse was responding is that she wasn't addressing anything that was actually going on in the discussion. She was just saying "No, because Cipher is separate from Fates." (in a really rude way)

I was not aware of the pixelized content from last year, so yes, that part makes more sense now.

I personally am still going to hold on to my hope for the reasons that I stated in my very first reply.

However, as I have said over and over, a reason to hope is not a reason to get excited. There is a significant difference.