What's wrong with chapter 12 Birthright?

SilasKnight

I recall that they put some outlaws in the top right to discourage sending flyers up there. Of course, you can just fly around them and it only makes it take one or two turns more than it would otherwise. Not exactly masterful design

There's no way they overlooked that flyers cheese the map out, after all they just gave you a powerful prepromo flyer.

This is far from the first time in a series where the game provided a simple map with optional exp available if you're willing to brave more danger. (Port of Badon, for instance) It also allowed them to show off a dangerous, mobile Xander but be ensured that any party would be able to escape from him.

Chapter 10 was hard

Chapter 11 was really hard

Chapter 12: Avatar + Hinoka = leaving in 4 turns

did i miss how to play this chapter or what? Because i didn't gain much xp except unit from the bottom-right of the screen....

I think it was desinged just to escape with a flier. I rushed through it and survived because yes. Killed xander with shurikens and poison strike.

Edit: after all, it makes sense story wise.

Edited by Quintessence

I've read that Xander doesn't move toward you on Normal, but on Lunatic he appeared at the end of turn 1 and was already on the move. Reminder, he isn't killable this early in the game without using high-level Einherjar or unrealistic grinding.

I don't know about you, but I like having my units not dead. I just kinda beelined for the chest and left before Xander could hurt me.

i

I've read that Xander doesn't move toward you on Normal, but on Lunatic he appeared at the end of turn 1 and was already on the move. Reminder, he isn't killable this early in the game without using high-level Einherjar or unrealistic grinding.

I don't know about you, but I like having my units not dead. I just kinda beelined for the chest and left before Xander could hurt me.

i play on Hard/classic. I use two sky knight (one to lure and one to escape My Unit). Xander moved too.

I didn't check the chest..

I had to reset the chapter twice over. Once because Orochi was accidentally in Garon's range at one point and the other time because Kaden forgot how to dodge (it was my fault for leaving him open to attack.) Not once did it occur to me that you could escape easily if you used fliers. I braved the mission and squeezed out as much ExP as I could before leaving. I don't think I used even one flier in this chapter, because I saw the abundance of Outlaws and went: Nope! Subaki and Hinoka will stay out of this!

I didn't bother with Xander or his two cronies and just stayed clear of their general direction (they don't move on Normal), while using my Dragon Stone bearing Avatar to lure the enemy and weaken them, then Hana and the others (mostly her, Saizo and Mozu) scored the kills.

Playing on Hard/Classic, I tried to beat the chapter normally, but I could never reach the Dragon Vein before Xander caught up to me. So then I just cheesed it, having Hinoka take the Avatar to the Escape tile while Subaki took Saizo to the chest.