Hidden by eclipse, May 28, 2016 - No reason given

EDIT: Please delete this post.

My faulty internet messed it up.

Edited by Water Mage
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just say that there's a tumblr post with tons of notes and it's a picture (It's a panel from a comic) of the Joker turning against Red Skull.

AKA, Cap has lower moral standards than Joker.

gg marvel make the starred flag proud cap <3

I've seen that.

Also, apparently, Twitter, 4chan, Reddit and Tumblr all hate Hydra!Cap and they all agree it's a stupid thing.

Tumblr and 4chan agree on something...

1b8.gif

e4d.gif

But seriously, you know something is bad when Tumblr and 4chan agree it's bad.

Edited by Water Mage

did you know that Superboy Prime once punched the concept of time and created infinite crisis

comics are full of dumb shit but at least it's dumb shit that isn't pissing on people's graves.

this is the pinnacle of dumb shit. it's disrespectful dumb shit, and it's dumb shit that reinforces the stereotype that comics are just a never-ending series of dumb plot twists that get resolved easily.

marvel staph

Can I just say that there's a tumblr post with tons of notes and it's a picture (It's a panel from a comic) of the Joker turning against Red Skull.

AKA, Cap has lower moral standards than Joker.

gg marvel make the starred flag proud cap <3

I don't know, wouldn't the Joker hate the Red Skull because Joker is about causing chaos while Naziism is about totalitarianism, kind of the opposite of chaos? They're different kind of evils, but both are equally bad.

I don't know, wouldn't the Joker hate the Red Skull because Joker is about causing chaos while Naziism is about totalitarianism, kind of the opposite of chaos? They're different kind of evils, but both are equally bad.

She's refering to this comic:

885.jpg

Even Joker has standards.

EDIT: Time's interview with Tom Brevoort:

http://time.com/4347224/captain-america-hydra-agent-marvel-tom-brevoort/

Edited by Water Mage

She's refering to this comic:885.jpg

EDIT: Time's interview with Tom Brevoort:http://time.com/4347224/captain-america-hydra-agent-marvel-tom-brevoort/

Well that's just completely against the Joker's character. Since when has he ever defended any moral position besides total chaos?

yo, i think the point of that comic is this: Joker is a bad guy and an agent of chaos. But hes not a racist agent of chaos totally ok with genocide.

That's exactly the point. Anyone can join Joker as an agent of chaos. Even Joker finds that despicable and wanton destruction is pretty much the name of the game.

I would have figured that the Joker would find the atrocities of the Nazis to be hilarious. Sure, he might not be a racist himself but he would probably still appreciate this self-destructive habit of humanity and the pointless murder that comes with it.

Edited by BrightBow

Um, maybe because there's nothing wrong with being gay but there's a shit ton wrong with being a Nazi?

now i understand what you're saying here but you really could've phrased that better

in a way that sounds less like you're comparing being gay and being a nazi

Sorry, if my tone does not convey well via text. I am bi, and I've had more girlfriends than otherwise, so I guess I'm closer to the lesbian side of the spectrum, but I've always wanted to have kids of my own, and the with the right person, I can have a fulfilling romantic, loving attachment, regardless of gender. I've experienced intolerance about it, but I'm happy I live in a time and place where it's something I can admit in public without worry of being arrested or worse.

My ideas on the gay Cap matter can be seen on the other thread in this subforum.

I know it can be a hot button subject, but I don't want to walk on egg shells about bringing it up. I only compare being gay with being a Nazi so much as it brings new characterization to a well established character.

The point I found humorous was that being gay and a Nazi are incompatible, considering that was one of the things Nazis would kill people for back then.

I mean, if the Joker was in Nazi Germany he'd probably just do his damndest to make the whole thing come falling down. As long as he's not in Nazi Germany, though, he should have no problem with them. Joker has absolutely no reason to give a fuck about the Nazis or their victims, basically. If working with the Red Skull meant that he got to stick it to Batman he'd do it, though he'd turn against the Skull if he tried to kill Batman; Joker can't have that.

Edit: to be fair, being gay was something everyone would at least make your life unpleasant for back then; see Alan Turing.

Edited by blah the Prussian

Someone made one of Xander but not with Corrin? Oh well, I know now that I am now going to use as his My Castle quote.

Also, this one here is pretty well done:

4cd.jpg

Edited by BrightBow

After reading more up on the Nazi Cap controversy, I think a lot of it is that it doesn't just show Cap saying "Hail Hydra" and leaving it ambiguous. Is he serious, is he brainwashed, is he undercover? No, they show flashbacks that show he was Hydra from the very beginning. This doesn't just assassinate his character going forward. (And I could have seen this revelation being a shock job and maybe potentially paying off later, if Cap was undercover or something.) This makes every action of Cap's in the last 75 years now shaded by the fact that he's always been a Hydra agent.

I don't think I've met one person who thinks this is a good idea.

She's refering to this comic:

885.jpg

EDIT: Time's interview with Tom Brevoort:

http://time.com/4347224/captain-america-hydra-agent-marvel-tom-brevoort/

I think this is a take on what the mob told the US government back during WWII "don't worry about the docks we will keep the Germans out because we might be criminals but we are American criminals". And the Cap being a Nazi is just spitting in the face of everything that the Cap stands for.

I think this is a take on what the mob told the US government back during WWII "don't worry about the docks we will keep the Germans out because we might be criminals but we are American criminals". And the Cap being a Nazi is just spitting in the face of everything that the Cap stands for.

There's also the fact that Hydra is a Lawful Evil organization and the Joker is Chaotic Evil.