If you could change something in the game, what would it be and why?

Chromagna

Not to mention instant underage pregnancies. That shit's really creepy; at least in Awakening it was clear that it came from a future relationship, so it's not like Miriel jumped Ricken when he was like 10 and forced him to become a father.

To be fair, underage pregnancies weren't really anything out of the the ordinary in medieval times, where women were often married off way before they turned 18. If i recall correctly, an ancient Jewish custom was marrying off a girl after she got her first period (which could be anywhere between 9-14 years old).

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides things that have been mentioned (story, deeprealm, kamuisexuality)

I'd like a higher difficulty jump in BR and Rev on Lunatic. I am fine with Normal and even Hard being fairly easy (comparatively to the series) since Birthright is meant to be new player friendly (Hard could stand to be a bit harder to even out the gap, normal is fine as is), but you'd think someone going on a mode labelled "Lunatic" knows what they're getting into.

Also no battle panties on armor classes. I get that this is fantasy and not everything /has/ to be practical (although I'm of the opinion that practicality and aesthetic is not mutually exclusive) but it's a massive visual dissonance when classes like paladin, armor knight, and dark knight do it. The heavy metal clashes horribly with a bare ass and it's not even really all that titillating, just kinda weird. There's ways of doing designs that are actually sexy without having to show ass, which is cheap, low effort, and not always effective. Leave the skimpy to classes that are fully designed to be skimpy, at least there's coherence and consistency that way.

Edited by Thor Odinson

To be fair, underage pregnancies weren't really anything out of the the ordinary in medieval times, where women were often married off way before they turned 18. If i recall correctly, an ancient Jewish custom was marrying off a girl after she got her first period (which could be anywhere between 9-14 years old).

I will never, ever understand this argument. Fire Emblem takes place in a highly romanticized medieval world in which everyone's clean, pretty, in shape and buddy buddy with royals, something that was definitely not common in ye olden days. It comes across as cherry picking for anyone who considers that an actual argument.

I realize you aren't defending this in any way, but we'll always apply current morals to things like these, and the idea that Midoriko can have a kid is just wrong on every level.

There are so friggin many things I'd change (most of which IntSys has actually done right in previous games at some point or another) but if I had to pick 1 single thing...

It'd have to be bringing back weapon weight. The entire weapon system of this game is an abysmal disaster.

-Weapon weight was the natural balancer to high-powered weapons. Weight was removed in Awakening to make the game more simplistic and approachable, but the lack of any sort of balance was highly detrimental to the game. Fortunately, IntSys realised this mistake and decided to... make an even more complicated system of effective speed and follow-up restrictions? They removed a feature that worked perfectly well to make the series more accessible and then when they found out what that did to the game-balance, they created something totally new to do the same thing the feature they just removed did in an even more complicated way...

-Learning what weapons each character should use made so much more sense with the weight system. I personally liked PoR/RD's use of STR to determine what weight a character could handle, but CON was still better than the mess that we have now. Or even better, they could make it based on SKL instead of STR. This would make a mediocre stat better and would mean magic wielders don't need to have STR to carry around (apparently) really heavy books.

-I have no problem with the removal of durability, but I never understood why Hammerne was the only way to repair weapons, like seriously, c'mon people is it that hard to take good care of your weapons?

I could go on and on about this so I'm gonna stop myself here.

I will never, ever understand this argument. Fire Emblem takes place in a highly romanticized medieval world in which everyone's clean, pretty, in shape and buddy buddy with royals, something that was definitely not common in ye olden days. It comes across as cherry picking for anyone who considers that an actual argument.

I realize you aren't defending this in any way, but we'll always apply current morals to things like these, and the idea that Midoriko can have a kid is just wrong on every level.

Would it be a better argument if I said I don't particularly mind marrying any of those "underage" characters because what video games I play or what I do in said video games does not accurately reflect the type of individual I am in real life? (I'm not being sarcastic or facetious, by the way)

On topic:

-I would make some of the neutral characters into the same-sex pairings. No offense to Niles, Rhajat or the people that like them but I thought it would make more sense if the characters that followed you regardless would be the ones you'd fall in love with regardless of sex.

-I would make Zola supportable. Nichol, too.

-I would give Camilla leather pants because leather pants are the sex,

Well you are right and yes, I'm not defending it, but child pregnancies still happen today, especially in developing countries where they aren't even viewed with disgust. What is right and wrong depends mostly on perspective.

Would it be a better argument if I said I don't particularly mind marrying any of those "underage" characters because what video games I play or what I do in said video games does not accurately reflect the type of individual I am in real life? (I'm not being sarcastic or facetious, by the way)

People are free to enjoy whatever they want in fiction since it doesn't affect real life. And I agree, it doesn't reflect who you are as a person; I think everyone enjoys things in their fantasies that wouldn't be seen positively or even be legal in real life.

That being said, the complete lack of anyone acknowleding underage relationships (and especially pregnancies) in Fire Emblem just comes across as not only jarring and disgusting, but also as poor storytelling.

Well you are right and yes, I'm not defending it, but child pregnancies still happen today, especially in developing countries where they aren't even viewed with disgust. What is right and wrong depends mostly on perspective.

Even if that were true, which I doubt, it doesn't change the fact that the target audience is Japan (and other parts of East Asia?) and the Western world, where that sort of thing is most definitely not acceptable.

Not to mention instant underage pregnancies. That shit's really creepy; at least in Awakening it was clear that it came from a future relationship, so it's not like Miriel jumped Ricken when he was like 10 and forced him to become a father.

New headcanon, every character in game is disgusted by the idea of marrying a child but because Kamui trusts everyone to a fault, he's the only one who believes Midoriko and Elise when they say "I'm an adult."

No one dares speak up lest they be "invited" to a non-consensual rub session in Kamui's treehouse.

Edited by NekoKnight

New headcanon, every character in game is disgusted by the idea of marrying a child but because Kamui trusts everyone to a fault, he's the only one who believes Midoriko and Elise when they say "I'm an adult."

No one dares speak up lest they be "invited" to a non-consensual rub session in Kamui's treehouse.

This. Is. Genius!!

That's an amazing headcanon!

All three routes are included. Birthright Boring Rout maps are either defeat boss, escape, or seize. Classic Mode disables grinding while a new mode, called standard has perma death and grinding.

Conquest Story re written while still keeping with the "black and white" theme.

Forges are based on awakening's system. Forges have 15 uses before reverting to normal. Silver tiered weapons have 15 durability and will break with no drawbacks Forging Silvers will add five uses regardless if anything was put into it. S Ranks will have no drawbacks since you get them really late in the game.

You can save between 27 and endgame.

Easy Mode added, makes combat exp multiplier 1.5. Objectives such as turn limits are lenient. Defense chapters are shorter. Oboro and Hinata don't move on Conquest 10.

Revelations completely re balanced.

Royals have unique weapons. Unique weapons no longer give out any wexp and exp.

Let's see...

-Either increase the amount of WEXP each weapon gives or reduce the amount that's needed for the next rank. The climb between ranks is painful and unnecessarily long.

-Limit the number of supports and especially the number of S Supports. Characters don't need more than 5-10 supports and 3 S Supports at max.

-As a result, mother-child (or father-child, in Azura in f!Corrin's case) conversations would actually be unique, instead of waiting for DLC to give them unique conversations.

-Also, more story interactions between important story characters and their spouses, especially if their spouses are also important.

-Save between the endgame chapters. I know they did it mostly to make sure people weren't trapped in an unwinnable situation, but it's just inconvenient.

-Rework debuffs so they only last one turn and don't stack under any circumstances. It completely throws off the balance of the new weapon system, and makes shuriken, between their ridiculous debuffs and their Speed boost, really overpowered.

-Every character's custom color palate, at the very least, should carry over to all of their natural promotion/reclass options.

-Character body models really need to stay consistent with their established body type. (See also: male Oni Savages.)

I'd remove the children and the Corrin x Royal Sibling/Azura S supports. No question about it. These were just stupid inclusions...

You know, that makes me think...provided that whoever in charge of those decisions was adamant that Corrin couldn't S support their siblings, would Camilla's design be different?

[spoiler=Revelation spoilers]

-Not have Scarlet, Izana, and Yukimura be unplayable story characters in Revelation and allow Gunter to have supports in Revelation. It sort of ruins the idea of Revelation being the "golden fanservice route". They could just make Yukimura having more requirements for recruitment and Izana's death is rather lame. Gunter gets freed from Anankos's control after Ch. 26 and should be able to support; they could rewrite the supports and therefore create Revelation-exclusive supports for Gunter. There's also the amount of shiptease on Scarlet and Ryoma.

-Allow male Corrin to be able to marry any first generation female unit without being penalized by missing out on a kid. The current condition likely irked a lot of Camilla and Azura fans. Female Corrin has no such problem as long as Azura gets a husband to marry.

-Allow male Corrin to access all regular non-DLC classes in a single playthrough without being forced to pick a specific talent and marriage candidate. Female Corrin has no such problem (she can get all regular classes in Revelation without needing to be married at all) while male Corrin must have Oni Savage or Apothecary as his talent and must marry Midori or Rinkah in order to have access to all regular non-DLC classes, assuming Revelation playthrough.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Fix the story, make it so each game can stand on its own; both Conquest and Birthright need to have an actually fulfilling ending, and everything leading up to that point needs to be meaningful.

..Also, I wanna pet Niles' face. And maybe get him a deeper voice. Yeah.

I would fix the story of all three of course but I will not beat that dead horse...

Otherwise I would make Lunatic in Birthright actually hard, and I would also fix the join levels in Rev for most unit so they are actually usable in Lunatic no grind (I actually never completed Rev Lunatic because it so restrictive, so since I never completed it I don't know if it needs to be harder or not). I would also tone down the gimmicks in Rev...

Really all I want is for the other two paths to be as fun as Conquest...

Alright guess I'll take a swing at this.

-Fix up the plot. This one's obvious but holy crap they need to get their shit together with this.

-If they have to have kids, actually work them into the plot like in 4 and Awakening. Not saying that Awakening had a good plot (It was alright at best) but at the very least the kids actually have a decent reason to be around.

-Balance the high end weapons if they keep the no durability, as it stands there isn't really that much of a point to using silver weapons when Iron/Steel work better for much longer, even more so if you forge them. This also applies for a lot of the named weapons (Fuga/Ryoma's Clubs, Camilla's Axe, ect)

-I'm not one to get offended by video games, but if you have to have a sexy class, go all in like the Fighters/Dark Mages. Paladins/Generals/Dark Knights just look silly with their ass hanging out.

-MUsexuals need to stop being a thing, especially since some of them are actually pretty interesting characters

-If they have to keep the avatar concept, please add more options to them. (Also think that maybe they should make the next one have less of an impact on the story)

-If they're going to bring in OP DLC classes (Witch). Might as well go balls to the wall and give us some really busted shit (Baron, Master Knight, ect)

-Balance PvP (This one's really going to be hard)

-Add a co-op mode of some kind. It was fun in Awakening.

Think I might of gone a bit off there. Sorry about that.

I'd remove the children and the Corrin x Royal Sibling/Azura S supports. No question about it. These were just stupid inclusions...

The fact that IS went through all that contrived nonsense to make sure you knew the Hoshido royals weren't your blood related siblings only to reveal that the most pushed marriage option in the game is actually your first cousin will never cease to amuse me.

-Balance PvP (This one's really going to be hard)

-Add a co-op mode of some kind. It was fun in Awakening.

The thing is that Fire Emblem is designed to be a single-player game from the start. Multiplayer isn't exactly going to be much fun overall.

The thing is that Fire Emblem is designed to be a single-player game from the start. Multiplayer isn't exactly going to be much fun overall.

That's very true. But if you're going to add it in you might as well try and make it work.

Or just remove that one line about Corrin and Azura being cousins.

Who revealed that again, i think it was Arete.

I'm don't think anything needs to be changed significantly, but...

-Give the older sisters and Azura unique weapons. Azura's would be Revelation-exclusive.

[spoiler=Revelation spoilers]

-Not have Scarlet, Izana, and Yukimura be unplayable story characters in Revelation and allow Gunter to have supports in Revelation. It sort of ruins the idea of Revelation being the "golden fanservice route". They could just make Yukimura having more requirements for recruitment and Izana's death is rather lame. Gunter gets freed from Anankos's control after Ch. 26 and should be able to support; they could rewrite the supports and therefore create Revelation-exclusive supports for Gunter. There's also the amount of shiptease on Scarlet and Ryoma.

-This.

-Allow male Corrin to be able to marry any first generation female unit without being penalized by missing out on a kid. The current condition likely irked a lot of Camilla and Azura fans. Female Corrin has no such problem as long as Azura gets a husband to marry.

-This too.

-Related to the above, let Flora (for Conquest and Revelation) and Scarlet (for Birthright) marry freely instead of only being able to marry Corrin.

-Make Lilith playable and give her more plot importance. If Flora and Scarlet need to remain Corrinsexual for whatever reason, then she can marry freely so one can get all the kids.

-Give everyone ages. It would save us some time thinking and arguing about it...

Who revealed that again, i think it was Arete.

It was Mikoto. Though technically, she only mentioned that Arete is her sister and that she is Vallite royalty, and the game never actually acknowledges that Corrin and Azura are related.