Hypothetical question: Einherjar only run

Marston

Hello there.

I am currently on my first FE Fates run, since the game just released last week here in Europe. However, since the Einherjar shop exists (and we have the capture ability... somewhat at least), would it be possible to play throught the game only using them? You get access to My Castle after chapter 7, but the Einherjer shop (as well as capturing) isn't available until later. But you still have acess to the shops from other players, right? So, could you basically use them to build a team of Einherjar units only?

While I won't attempt anything like that in the near future, I tried a Spotpass only run in Awakening, which was somewhat doable (if you still allowed Chrom and the Avatar). I am just wondering if something similar is doable in Fates, because I would at least try to attempt something like this.

i think you can do that, but i'm not entirely sure about buying einherjar from other castles because i rarely use them (also, i think you have to complete the game at least once to get units in your shop? not sure). however, you can go to easy seize castles and recruit the units there.

You can buy Einherjar from other people's Castle shops, but just like using any other shopping facility, you can only purchase one per visit to each Castle, since it boots you out immediately afterwards.

If you're talking specifically about using the generic Einherjar characters, there are only 16 (8 for Hoshido and 8 for Nohr; Valla gets both) in the entire game, and they're all preset in terms of class, name, and base stats. I can't remember them all off the top of my head, but I do know that even though they'd all come at level 1, you would end up with a pretty diverse array of classes since there's no overlap between them.

Edited by Topaz Light

You can capture as many units of a class as you want, but keep in mind that your prison has a limited number of spaces (which you clear up when recruiting units, obviously) and that you cant capture "invader" type enemies (aka purple invisible enemies), only human ones. Just keep in mind that most generics kinda suck, barring a few interesting enemies. Oh, and they can promote but not class change with a heart seal.

You get to pick 5 units (any unit, generic or unique) to put in your einherjar shop once you beat the game, and it carries over to other playthroughs via your unit logbook iirc.

there are also a few capturable bosses, mostly from children's paralouges. The full list is somewhere on the fates section serenes iirc.

Keep in mind that you can only have up to 20 guest units (Einherjars, amiibo, prisoners).

Things you can do as soon as Ch. 7:

-Recruit an Einherjar from your Logbook

-Recruit an Einherjar from another player's castle (by visiting their Einherjar shop or by winning an unhandicapped battle in their castle).

As soon as Ch. 9 (after building a prison):

-Recruit an Einherjar Niles or Orochi to start capturing peeps (in Revelation route, you don't get either of them until later, hence the Einherjar suggestion)

As soon as Ch. 12 (after building an Einherjar shop):

-Buy Einherjar of your current castle team (lv. of shop determines which first # of units are available for purchase) as well as lv. 1 stock Einherjar generics

Thanks for the answers. WIll probably be a long time before I try something like this, but just out of curiosity, as I may try that after I finished all three routes (and a few years passed, probably xD).