Velouria's Alternate Critical Portrait

In the Heirs of Fate DLC Velouria uses a different portrait in the second half of her critical animation. Normally she uses her "angry" portrait (in which her eyes are open), but instead she uses her "eyes closed" portrait. What do you think this is? Is it a developer oversight? A localization error? A glitch? Please let me know! Any responses are much appreciated.

A link to a source which shows her different portraits: http://www.spriters-resource.com/3ds/fireemblemfates/sheet/67383/

Some of the other units in the Heirs of Fate maps do this too like Nina and Forrest.

Are you sure? If that is the case then I have not seen them.

Nina (Courtesy of DeathChaos25 on Reddit):

DpGCOgz.png

Forrest:

aaijWBx.jpg

WU4adOL.jpg

Velouria:

VuiBF5S.jpg

1oD9HPH.jpg

I've been collecting crit portraits that I've encountered in my game in this Imgur album, although I am missing some.

Well, what do you know. I guess someone already beat me to it. Thanks for sharing!

What do you think this is? Is it a developer oversight? A localization error? A glitch? Please let me know! Any responses are much appreciated.

i know the question's answered, but i feel i should point out it wouldn't make sense for it to be a glitch or error of any kind (and certainly not a localisation one i mean come on). the vanilla game's portrait files only contain the two usual frames for each unit in the correct size. if it was a glitch, at best you'd be looking at a normal-sized portrait loading rather than a cut-in frame of the correct size, and that would be a pretty noticeable glitch. different ones like these would absolutely have to be deliberate additions with the dlc

i know the question's answered, but i feel i should point out it wouldn't make sense for it to be a glitch or error of any kind (and certainly not a localisation one i mean come on). the vanilla game's portrait files only contain the two usual frames for each unit in the correct size. if it was a glitch, at best you'd be looking at a normal-sized portrait loading rather than a cut-in frame of the correct size, and that would be a pretty noticeable glitch. different ones like these would absolutely have to be deliberate additions with the dlc

You do realize that games sometimes have assets that are still in the game but are never used right? It's possible that the characters may have had these images but they were never needed to be called, and then the DLC actually calls the wrong ones. And localizations have definitely had glitches / oversights that the originals did not have. For instance, the easy mode glitch in Radiant Dawn glitch. Or Muarim being Ike's sister from Radiant Dawn. Both were present in the localizations that were not in the original. So there's no "I mean come on" here.