General Fire emblem headcanons

I firmly believe all Nintendo franchises are part of the same universe, just at different periods in time and alternate timelines.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Headcanons huh.

Well, one I have is that Elibe is in the same world as Jugdral, Valentia/Valm, and Archaneia/Ylisse, and that the Ending Winter caused during The Scouring is what also triggered the degeneration of the Archaneian dragons, due to same planet and all that.

Captain Falcon exists in the Awakening universe...for some reason.

Is this why that one chapter is called "The Sword or the Knee"...?

The Lucina born in Awakening is probably going to grow up as a complete girly girl type of princes. With the whole world not getting killed Lucina has little reason to be demure and her bouts of childish happiness at certain things do imply that could be her real personality when the Apocalypse isn't weighing on her shoulders.

The Tellius games are the first games chronologically. After the gods leave the world, the descendants of the Dragon Laguz (the Manakete) are worshiped in their stead.

Grima is an artificial dragon created by Gharnef as a backup plan

Gharnef held Elice hostage not just so that he could use the Aum Staff to gain immortality, but also to produce someone who could wield the Falchion and take down Medeus so Gharnef could take over.

Mila and Doma were Medeus' children.

Naga's gender is not set and he/she can take any form they want. I believe mainly because the benevolent goddess archetype is quite generic when it comes to video games.

Naga's gender is not set and he/she can take any form they want. I believe mainly because the benevolent goddess archetype is quite generic when it comes to video games.

Oh! I think the same. Naga can be whatever (s)he wants.

FE1(11)/FE2/FE3(12)/FE4/FE5/FE13 all take place in the same universe.

Every universe the Outrealms connect has something called a "Fire Emblem". At least one of these universes has "t3h ph1r3 3mb00ru" instead of the Fire Emblem.

Grima survived the avatar's final attack, but barely, and is now wandering around in human form.

Grima can take whatever form it wants, and the Avatar customization at the beginning of the game was Grima creating its new form.

Grima is all the different dark dragons throughout the FE1/FE2/FE3/FE4/FE5/remakes/Awakening universe.

FE3 book two is the official version of what happened, and FE12 is what actually happened.

The Gaiden chapters in FE11 are canon, but no one actually died in Marth's army. (I'm pretty sure this is canon, but I haven't played FE12 yet.)

Tiki is who I imagine Robin marrying.

Robin wanted to kill Grima him/herself, but Chrom interjected. If Robin didn't marry anyone, s/he becomes a wanderer.

I have more but those are two off the top of my head.

I also pair Male Robin with Tiki. General Tiki bias aside, there's something poetic about joining the blood of Naga and Grima together in order to help end the conflict.

I also pair Male Robin with Tiki. General Tiki bias aside, there's something poetic about joining the blood of Naga and Grima together in order to help end the conflict.

Then you also have the amazing paradox of Divine/Fell dragon Morgan.

I really want to know how Naga reacted when she learned about Morgan

FE1(11)/FE2/FE3(12)/FE4/FE5/FE13 all take place in the same universe.

Every universe the Outrealms connect has something called a "Fire Emblem". At least one of these universes has "t3h ph1r3 3mb00ru" instead of the Fire Emblem.

Grima survived the avatar's final attack, but barely, and is now wandering around in human form.

Grima can take whatever form it wants, and the Avatar customization at the beginning of the game was Grima creating its new form.

Grima is all the different dark dragons throughout the FE1/FE2/FE3/FE4/FE5/remakes/Awakening universe.

FE3 book two is the official version of what happened, and FE12 is what actually happened.

The Gaiden chapters in FE11 are canon, but no one actually died in Marth's army. (I'm pretty sure this is canon, but I haven't played FE12 yet.)

These two are actually canon. Kaga confirmed that FE4/5 take place in the same universe as FE1-3 and Awakening makes it very clear that it takes place in that universe as well. The FE3/12 relationship is basically how FE12 was marketed, IIRC.

I remember I had some pretty cool headcanons, but Awakening ruined a lot of them. Like that the Sacred Stones are the orbs from the Fire Emblem in FE3.

And speaking of FE games taking place in the same universe, I used to believe that all FE games (1-10 at the time) took place in the same universe.

FE9/10 were the first chronologically as Tellius is the only storyline that has a creation myth. It details how the gods left the world, leaving a hole open that would later be filled by the Manakete.

FE4/5 take place next, as Kaga confirmed that they take place before FE1-3

Then FE1-3, detailing the end of the reign of dragons in the human world, who then all had to go to their own world. A thousand years later, the War of Darkness and the War of Heroes would collectively be known as The Scouring.

FE6/7 take place next as they end the long time feud between humans and dragons.

FE8 either takes place afterwards or at around the same time due to the similar technology and level of dragon involvement. The devastation of Grado could possibly the start of the end of the world.

Edited by The Geek

I like to think the Blood Bond with Gale was something Lopt did to try and have his will live beyond the degregation without lowering himself to directly taking a human form. Which in turn means the manaketes becoming feral is something that was happening around the same time as Holy War's backdrop.

Edited by Jotari

After reading through the Leo and Xander support I got the idea that Leo is a comically bad swimmer. He mentions how Xander had always been better at swimming, yet at the beach Dlc he has to use an inflateable Lillith so i'm wondering how Leo could be worse.

Edited by Sasori

After reading through the Leo and Xander support I got the idea that Leo is a comically bad swimmer. He mentions how Xander had always been better at swimming, yet at the beach Dlc he has to use an inflateable Lillith so i'm wondering how Leo could be worse.

-

Could you spoiler some crucially plot relevant stuff like that second point? Some of us aren't finished Fates yet.

Edited by Jotari

Could you spoiler some crucially plot relevant stuff like that second point? Some of us aren't finished Fates yet.

Oops sorry.I did't think that through. I removed it now.

Edited by Sasori

You should probably remove it from the quote aswell.

I've got a few of these as well, although most are pairing-related.

Elibe:

• Eliwood's canon pairing is Ninian, and Hector's is Florina. They both die due to childbirth complications, explaining their absence in FE6.
  • Lyn leaves Caelin in Kent's care and marries Rath, merging the remainder of the Lorca tribe with the Kutolah. They are both killed in a Djute ambush protecting their young daughter Sue.
  • Two events lead to Karel's transformation into the Sword Saint: he kills Guy in a duel, and he learns of Karla's illness which prompts him to seek a cure. The village in which he resides is said to have the cure to Karla's illness, but she dies before he can acquire it.
  • Morphs are all genderless, Sonia has the primary sex characteristics of a female in order to attract Brendan, but there are no gonads present.
  • Nino and Canas form a relationship after the events of FE7, and she becomes Hugh's tutor after it is discovered he cannot use Dark Magic.
  • Lucius runs the orphanage that Lugh, Ray, and Chad reside at; he is the reverend killed by Bern.
  • Bors and Wendy are the children of Oswin and Serra; but Bors is adopted.
  • Gale survives Chapter 21 and surrenders to Roy's army; he is kept prisoner but released at the game's end.
  • Other canon pairings include Nino/Jaffar, Rebecca/Wil, Erk/Priscilla, and Harken/Isadora.

Magvel:

• Duessel names Cormag his heir and he inherits both the Gavaleus and Duessel's cursed lance; Cormag is able to tame the lance's curse.
  • Ephraim rebuilds Grado after the natural disaster and becomes its ruler, while Eirika continues to rule Renais.

Tellius:

• Zelgius' brand is Raven Laguz. He and Naesala are distant relatives. They are descended from the same Raven King who created the Blood Pact with Lekain. Zelgius was not affected because he was raised in Daein by his beorc mother. The past king committed suicide, hence why Naesala was crowned king in his place.
  • Boyd and Oscar's mother was alive when Rolf was born; their father had an affair with a prostitute. Boyd and Oscar originally resented Rolf but when they were orphaned they raised him out of responsibility and grew to love him.
  • Pelleas' death is canon. The third option is an alternative to give the player a Dark Magic user.
  • Daein's new Four Riders after Micaiah becomes queen are Zihark, Jill, Nolan, and Fiona. Tauroneo becomes an advisor; Edward and Leonardo take over the Dawn Brigade, making it into a mercenary group similar to Greil's Mercenaries.
  • Greil's Mercenaries are disbanded after Ike and Soren disappear, although everyone remains in close contact with one another afterward. Oscar and Titania rejoin the Crimean Army, while Shinon and Gatrie become their own mercenary pair. Boyd, Mist, Rhys, and Rolf move to the Crimean capital, and Mia wanders the land looking for her rival.
  • Ranulf becomes the new Giffca after he dies and Skrimir becomes king of Gallia.
  • Nephenee/Heather is canon, and they retire to the countryside after the war to never fight again.

Jugdral:

• The substitute characters still exist in the canon story, but they are simply members of the Liberation Army. The only exceptions are Linda and Amid, who join the main force alongside their cousins.
  • Hannibal adopted both Corple and Sharlow from the same orphanage.
  • Claude and Sylvia are not siblings, but they are close cousins, although they are not aware of this. Claude is the father of Leen and Corple.
  • Fin is Nanna's biological father, but Beowulf is Delmud's. Lachesis ended up marrying Fin after the Battle of Barhara when Beowulf was killed.
  • Lex and Ayra are a canon pairing, as is Lakche and Johan/Johalva. This is how the Neir line is rebuilt.
  • All of the Crusader bloodlines eventually are rebuilt, although it takes a few generations for some.

Archanea:

• Nyna follows Camus back to Valencia after the events of FE3 but they never re-unite.

Here's some of mine.

-All FEs are in one universe. It goes FE9/10->FE4/5->FE1(11)/2(12)/3->FE7/6 and FE8 is at the same time-->FE13

(I haven't decided where Fates is yet)

-All endings in RD are canon. Both Soren and Ranulf left with Ike.

-Zelgius is of Raven descent.

-All substitute characters are canon in FE4. They join the army at the same time they would in game (Example, Adean took in Mana, Radney and Rodlevan. Though only Amid and Linda were prominent in the army due to their Holy Blood)

-My personal canon pairings are: Adean x Jamke, Ayra x Lex, Raquesis had Delmund with Beowolf, but after Beowolf died at Belhela, she got with Fin and had Nanna, Syvia and Claud, Ferry and Levin, Tailto x Azel and Briggid x Midayle.

-Most caharcters from Thracia also join the Liberation army with Leif such as Mareeta.

-Nyna followed Camus to Valencia. After seeing how happy he was with Teeta, she returned home.

-Eliwood x Ninian is canon. She died a few days after Roy was born, due to problems.

-Hector gets with an unnamed Sage he met during the war. She died alongside Hector fighting.

-Lyn gets with Rath. They are both alive during Binding Blade. While Sue is off trying to get help, they are fighting. Before Sue returns to Sacae with Roy, they died fighting.

-Ephraim becomes king of Grado after the earthquake. Eirika rules Renais.

-Ephraim and L'Arachel do get married, but their Myrrh and Dozla ending are canon.

-Lucina in the current timeline of FEA, since she doesn't have to deal with what she did in the alternate future, is a lot more lax and does not take up the Falchion till much later in life.

-M!Robin and F!Robin are both canon and get with each other. Both Morgans exist. Though depending on the situation, one Robin dies trying to stop the other from becoming Grima and one Morgan dies and the other goes back to the past. The reason (s)he has amnesia is because of her their PTSD.

-Rev is not canon. There is continuations after both Conquest and Birthright that involve elements of Revs plot however.

Here's some of mine.

-My personal canon pairings are: Adean x Jamke, Ayra x Lex, Raquesis had Delmund with Beowolf, but after Beowolf died at Belhela, she got with Fin and had Nanna, Syvia and Claud, Ferry and Levin, Tailto x Azel and Briggid x Midayle.

These are almost exactly mine, although in gameplay I tend to pair Briggid with Holyn, although story-wise Midayle is more likely her husband. But, for the sake that Holyn is a badass, I support Briggid/Holyn.

These are almost exactly mine, although in gameplay I tend to pair Briggid with Holyn, although story-wise Midayle is more likely her husband. But, for the sake that Holyn is a badass, I support Briggid/Holyn.

I like that ship too, I just tend to go Midayle since in the last chapter they have a conversation that makes them lovers straight away while Holyn does not, which helps since Briggid is always my last paired up (Also I find it hilarious that after having a crush on Adean, he found out she had a thing for Jamke and was so broken hearten until her twin came along.)

• 1 year later...

Some of these are serious, some are jokes, some...both? I’ll leave that to figure out.

A few Fates headcanons:

Spoiler

In Conquest, Takumi survived the fall off the wall (thus he’s not all broken in the final chapter). The only reason Takumi isn’t able to be cured by Azura, like he was in Birthright, is because he went too long without eating and died in that way.

Everyone in Fates uses hair dye. Hoshido is the sole producer of hair dye.

This is why, in the Nohrian route, Corrin’s army is so strapped for funds. (It also better explains the Hoshidan royal family breaking all we know about FE hair genetics)

Azura only sings Lost in Thoughts Alone because it’s the only song she actually knows. That or it’s the only thing she can actually sing due to putting so much practice in it 

Kaze’s death in Birthright is canon because Corrin wasn’t aware of support mechanics (like some of us at the time who were probably expecting him to come back later and didn’t lnow it was avoidable.)

Garon was already dead at the start of Fates (possibly even back to when he killed Sumeragi while Corrin was a child I imagine). If I recall correctly the Royals mention him being more father-like in the past. At the start of Fates; however, he’s essentially just a pawn/extension of Anankos with some degree of own will and not at all the man once in the body. Perhaps true Garon fell into a portal somewhere or got attacked by a Vallite assassain before the story? 

Awakening:

Spoiler

Alm’s Falchion is mounted on a wall in Virion’s castle. He was never aware of its true worth.

That or some random drifting warrior traveling in Valmese and the Yllise-Ferox-Plegia continents has Alm’s Falchion,  knowing exactly what the sword is, but being unknown himself.

Regardless I believe it exists there somewhere 

Frederick is a pyromaniac. He just has to restrain himself in public view

Manaketes and Taguel mustn’t transform when pregnant, otherwise weird things will happen to the child

I believe that all the Spotpass DLC characters, except where stated otherwise (ie: Yen’fay), are the same ones from the story

Awakening is the final game of the Arcanea series, bar midquels. Shortly after the events of Awakening, the two Minervas cross talons, tearing open a hole in space time. All the land is pulled through, landing in another dimension. Very few people survive. This becomes Fateslandia. Nowi, Tiki, and Nah are thee of the first dragons. All character endings stating otherwise are noncanon. Speaking of, Kellam survived and his descendants go on to become Vallite Royalty 

The World of Smash can be accessed via the outrealm/dragon gate. This is why the fourth route in Fates is canon

Edited by Arcphoenix

- Marth and Caeda die young, just years after MotE. Caeda was pregnant when she died, and the child never made it. As such, Emmeryn, Chrom, Lissa, Lucina and Owain aren't direct descendants from Marth and Caeda. Instead...

- They're descended directly from Elice and Merric. With peace returning to Archanea after Marth's death, there's no need for anyone to wield Falchion, so Elice takes up the throne.

- A great calamity ravages Archanea 1000 years after Marth's time, which is why Awakening doesn't show a lot of technological advancement.

- Eliwood x Ninian is canon, making Roy a 1/4 manakete. He can't access those powers, but he starts to age slower when he hits 16.

- Roy's real name is Elroy.

- Virion is descended from Tobin and Silque.

Pink hair is like calico cats. Males are rare and sterile, they have two X chromosomes and one Y. So Makalov cannot have kids. Probably a good thing lol.

7 minutes ago, Lau said:

- Marth and Caeda die young, just years after MotE. Caeda was pregnant when she died, and the child never made it. As such, Emmeryn, Chrom, Lissa, Lucina and Owain aren't direct descendants from Marth and Caeda. Instead...

- They're descended directly from Elice and Merric. With peace returning to Archanea after Marth's death, there's no need for anyone to wield Falchion, so Elice takes up the throne.

Awww so sad! :( What killed Marth and Caeda? Sickness?

Maybe the soul of Marth and Caeda's kid was recycled and became Elice and Merric's kid? So in a way, the Exalt family would still be kinda descended from Marth. I think it's plausable for souls that never lived to decide to be born in a different body than the original. Or whatever deity that exists deciding for them.

43 minutes ago, Lau said:

A great calamity ravages Archanea 1000 years after Marth's time, which is why Awakening doesn't show a lot of technological advancement.

That one may be incredibly close to canon since there really was a giant calamity centuries after Marth's death and its name was Grima.