General Fire emblem headcanons

Uh, you're allowed to have all your headcanons as long and much as you want, but saying Ike has no skill that defines him is utterly false when Aether exists and he was the first character in the series to get it.

You misunderstood me there. When saying Ike had no 'personal skill' I was referring to the lack of an innate skill like Vantage, Adept, Miracle etc. It had nothing to do with his ability as a fighter. He only gets Nihil so he doesn't end up getting Eclipse'd by BK.

Another head-canon I forgot to mention

Lucia really is Mia's rival. At the end of Chapter 23 in FE9, she arrived on horseback along with Bastian and the other retainers, riding towards the Crimean Liberation Army, which would have tied in with whole prophecy Micaiah gave Mia ( yes, Miccy was that fortune-teller ).

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew what you meant, I wasn't talking about his ability as a fighter, I was talking about Aether being his defining skill. If he had it right away, he'd be even MORE broken than he already is. And in PoR, he's a novice warrior, so it wouldn't make sense for him to have skills yet.

Edited by Anacybele

Tellius and Archanea/Ylisse:

After Radiant Dawn, Ike left Tellius for the realm of Archanea/Valentia, explaining why his descendant Priam lives in Ylisse/Valm. His boyfriend Soren went with him, but they maintained an open relationship leading to Ike finding a girlfriend as well, whom he eventually had at least one child with, and Priam is descended from them. Who says Ike/Soren being canon and Priam being Ike's direct descendant have to be mutually exclusive? I also like to imagine Ashera's blessing doesn't carry over outside of Tellius, hence why Ragnell is breakable and worn looking in Awakening. This leads a funny image in my head of Ike making Soren Hammerne Ragnell every time it gets close to breaking. I also have an explanation for Chrom having Aether but Priam merely having Sol and Luna. At some point, there was a pair of siblings descended from Ike, one having Aether and the other only getting Aether's skills separately, but inheriting Ragnell. The one with Aether ended up marrying into Archanea/Ylisse's royal family, bringing the skill into the royal bloodline. Priam is descended from the other sibling, hence his lack of Aether and why he wields Ragnell. And for funsies, I like to imagine Ike and Marth having met.

After Radiant Dawn, Ike left Tellius for the realm of Archanea/Valentia, explaining why his descendant Priam lives in Ylisse/Valm. His boyfriend Soren went with him, but they maintained an open relationship leading to Ike finding a girlfriend as well, whom he eventually had at least one child with, and Priam is descended from them. Who says Ike/Soren being canon and Priam being Ike's direct descendant have to be mutually exclusive? I also like to imagine Ashera's blessing doesn't carry over outside of Tellius, hence why Ragnell is breakable and worn looking in Awakening. This leads a funny image in my head of Ike making Soren Hammerne Ragnell every time it gets close to breaking. I also have an explanation for Chrom having Aether but Priam merely having Sol and Luna. At some point, there was a pair of siblings descended from Ike, one having Aether and the other only getting Aether's skills separately, but inheriting Ragnell. The one with Aether ended up marrying into Archanea/Ylisse's royal family, bringing the skill into the royal bloodline. Priam is descended from the other sibling, hence his lack of Aether and why he wields Ragnell. And for funsies, I like to imagine Ike and Marth having met.

I like this :D It's a really good headcanon~

Even though I don't like Ike x Soren as a pairing at all, I think I could accept that as well. Not a bad idea. Though I think that if Chrom's folks were descended from Ike as well as Marth, it would've probably been mentioned. But eh. :P

Edited by Anacybele

After FE6, Roy marries Sue and they unify Sacae into one kingdom

Elibe is an AU version of Archenea, and because of this, Roy is an AU version of Marth

Grima created the FE8 Demon King

Doma and Mila are Earth Dragons

The three types of Dragon Laguz each became different Manakete tribes after the Scouring which caused Archenea's degeneration as well as Elibe's. White Dragons are Divine Dragons, Black Dragons are Earth Dragons, and the Red Dragons are Fire Dragons.

Taguel, Kitsune, and Wolfskins were once beast tribe Laguz. Wolfskin in particular are descended from the Wolf tribe in RD.

Fates' continent is the area of Tellius beyond the Hatari Desert.

After FE6, Roy marries Sue and they unify Sacae into one kingdom

Elibe is an AU version of Archenea, and because of this, Roy is an AU version of Marth

Grima created the FE8 Demon King

Doma and Mila are Earth Dragons

The three types of Dragon Laguz each became different Manakete tribes after the Scouring which caused Archenea's degeneration as well as Elibe's. White Dragons are Divine Dragons, Black Dragons are Earth Dragons, and the Red Dragons are Fire Dragons.

Taguel, Kitsune, and Wolfskins were once beast tribe Laguz. Wolfskin in particular are descended from the Wolf tribe in RD.

Fates' continent is the area of Tellius beyond the Hatari Desert.

Ooh, that gives me another idea: Begnion and Nohr were once the same country before they split due to a religious schism, which is why both are so similar to Rome.

I have a new one: The Book of Loptyr becomes the Goetia tome when not wielded by one with Major Loptyr Holy Blood. It's transformation happened once the Crusader weapons lost their ability to distinguish between Holy Blood.

Wyverns are the most susceptible dragon to degeneration, hence why they seem so primal. However, because this actually made them tame, as they acted like early game bandits amongst the dragons.

The Taguel are descended from Zunanma that fled the great flood. Fearing that the degeneration of the dragons would affect them too, even though it actually wouldn't, the Archanean Zunanma sealed their power in empty Dragonstones, creating Beaststones. The reason they are nearing extinction is because most of them look so similar to humans that some can't tell the difference. In this same vein, Panne's warren was actually purged by another group of Taguel, although Panne was quick to dismiss them as human because of the strange look people give to Taguel.

Or Ike and Soren could have adopted a kid. Mist and Boyd have a kid, but are killed in a mission gone wrong, leaving Ike to raise their child, who he raises as his own.

Or Ike and Soren could have adopted a kid. Mist and Boyd have a kid, but are killed in a mission gone wrong, leaving Ike to raise their child, who he raises as his own.

But there's nothing to suggest Priam is anything but Ike's direct descendant, so I tend to take his claim at face value. I prefer to think of him as Ike's direct descendant anyway.

Edited by Matthewtheman

-Priam isn't Ike's decendant. Just some random warrior who styles himself after an ancient hero. Afterall, so much time has passed between the two games, Priam's claim is just as meaningless as me claiming to be a decendant of Cu Chulainn.

-There is a second confilct with Doma explaining why he has remains in Awakening in a different place from where he was defeated and sealed in Gaiden.

-Wyverns of Jugdral are manakete's from Archaneia. They were brought there by a sane manakete in an atthempt to stop the degregation. This sane manakete was the one who discovered Loptyr's influence on Jugdral and informed Naga of it (because why else did Naga wait so long before putting a stop to Galle?).

-The reason for the Hezul blood not being passed down to the royal family in Genaology is because Hezul already had heirs before gaining the dragon blood and only the child he conceived afterwards could inherit it.

-The reason for the Hezul blood not being passed down to the royal family in Genaology is because Hezul already had heirs before gaining the dragon blood and only the child he conceived afterwards could inherit it.

That's kinda true actually. According to the designers note the mayor Holy blood didn't manifest in Hezul's older children but to his youngest daughter(If I recall correctly). The oldest child got the throne and the daughter got married into the house of Nodion.

That's kinda true actually. According to the designers note the mayor Holy blood didn't manifest in Hezul's older children but to his youngest daughter(If I recall correctly). The oldest child got the throne and the daughter got married into the house of Nodion.

Yeah I know about the notes. That what I based the idea around. He don't specify precisely why it's the case but having some of his children before bonding with the dragon and at least one after is a very satisfactory explanation.

How do you explain Priam having Ragnell then, Jotari? I think this should be undeniable proof that Priam really is Ike's descendant. And IS would be trolling really hard if he really wasn't anyway. I mean, they give Ike fans a guy who looks kind of like Ike and says he's Ike's descendant, loves meat, carries Ragnell, and has the parts of Aether, but then go "SYKE! He's just a pretender!"? That just sounds like a big slap the face to us.

But at the same time, nothing has actually said that he ISN'T a pretender, so you're allowed to believe what you wish...

Edited by Anacybele

Another head-canon I forgot to mention

Lucia really is Mia's rival. At the end of Chapter 23 in FE9, she arrived on horseback along with Bastian and the other retainers, riding towards the Crimean Liberation Army, which would have tied in with whole prophecy Micaiah gave Mia ( yes, Miccy was that fortune-teller ).

I'm glad I'm not the only one who believes this.

I really wish they could have inserted Micaiah being Mia's fortune-teller in FE9. It would have been an amazing form of foreshadowing.

EDIT: And to add some of my own.

- All the paired endings in FE10 are canon, in addition to Aran/Laura, Meg/Ilyana and Tormod/Sanaki. Ike/Soren is canon too, but Ranulf also leaves eventually and catches up with them. Mia also leaves to travel around and is the only other Greil Mercenary who meets up with Ike. She challenges him to one final duel but she still doesn't win. She leaves to continue training, but never runs into Ike again after that.

EDIT EDIT:

How do you explain Priam having Ragnell then, Jotari? I think this should be undeniable proof that Priam really is Ike's descendant. And IS would be trolling really hard if he really wasn't anyway. I mean, they give Ike fans a guy who looks kind of like Ike and says he's Ike's descendant, loves meat, carries Ragnell, and has the parts of Aether, but then go "SYKE! He's just a pretender!"? That just sounds like a big slap the face to us.

But at the same time, nothing has actually said that he ISN'T a pretender, so you're allowed to believe what you wish...

Let me remind you that this is the same group of people that made a game that's essentially a big "Fuck you" to Marth fans, so Priam being a pretender is far from a stretch compared to that.

I don't consider the FE13 Spotpass maps to be canon anyway, and even if IntSys claimed they are, I'd still consider Priam an impostor that just happened to do some research.

Edited by Jave

- All the paired endings in FE10 are canon, in addition to Aran/Laura, Meg/Ilyana and Tormod/Sanaki.

This, but with Heather/Nephenee thrown into the mix. I'm extremely disappointed that they don't get a paired ending.

Let me remind you that this is the same group of people that made a game that's essentially a big "Fuck you" to Marth fans, so Priam being a pretender is far from a stretch compared to that.

I don't consider the FE13 Spotpass maps to be canon anyway, and even if IntSys claimed they are, I'd still consider Priam an impostor that just happened to do some research.

...What are you talking about? When has IS ever done that?

And just because you don't consider something canon doesn't mean others agree with you. I consider Priam canon because he's a full new character, not a main story character that's just being shoehorned back from the dead/another timeline.

And why the hell are some people SO adamantly against the idea of Ike having descendants? Is it because it might step on your precious gay Ike/Soren stuff? Ike/Soren was never a romantic ending in the first place, just because it's an ending at all doesn't automatically mean romance. Same goes for Ike/Ranulf.

Us Ike/Elincia fans have to accept only Geoffrey/Elincia being an option in-game, which admittedly isn't easy. But Ike/Soren fans have to do the same if IS has indeed decided for that to not be romance either.

Edited by Anacybele

...What are you talking about? When has IS ever done that?

And just because you don't consider something canon doesn't mean others agree with you. I consider Priam canon because he's a full new character, not a main story character that's just being shoehorned back from the dead/another timeline.

Let me put it this way, Awakening takes place on a continent that already had it's possible stories told. How do you tell a story in that scenario, retconning of course. A great deal of the important things that happen in FE3/12 are completely either forgotten or changed to make Grima, who Marth never fought, a bigger villian

THAT is what Jave is talking about? That's entirely different from making a character that is virtually a walking and talking reference to a popular one. I doubt IS was really TRYING to say fuck you to any fans when making Awakening, especially given all the references it has. If they come out and say Priam is just a faker, then that looks like they really ARE trying to say fuck you to a group of fans.

THAT is what Jave is talking about? That's entirely different from making a character that is virtually a walking and talking reference to a popular one. I doubt IS was really TRYING to say fuck you to any fans when making Awakening, especially given all the references it has. If they come out and say Priam is just a faker, then that looks like they really ARE trying to say fuck you to a group of fans.

No, that's not what I'm talking about.

Imagine if the Tellius games got fully remade, except this time there's an Avatar character that is the ACTUAL main character. All the things Ike, Micaiah, Elincia and every single important character did get retconned in favor of this Avatar character. The Avatar makes every strategic decision, lands the final hit on Ashera, can sing the galdr of release, all of that. He/She can even marry any character and everyone worships the hell out of him/her.

You got that pictured? Good. Because that's EXACTLY what IntSys did when they made FE12, just with the Archanea universe and Marth.

Oh, FE12. That's still a different case to me and I still doubt that IS meant to crap on Marth fans. They just weren't smart with the whole thing. With Priam, they literally outright and intentionally made him a walking Ike reference. Just all of a sudden saying that he's not Ike's descendant after all and was just pretending sounds worse to me. It would be like taking Lucina's not actually being Marth and making it just a random side reveal rather than a plot thing.

"Oh, by the way, I'm not really Marth, I'm actually Chrom's daughter from the future. I just wanted to pretend to be him."

Doesn't that sound messed up to you?

I don't even like the idea of her pretending to be him at all, I was originally hoping that this Marth was an evil phantom created by the main villain to do his bidding, a villain that hated Marth and wanted to stain his name or something. That would've been so much cooler. But at least it was a plot thing and not a random thing.

Edited by Anacybele

No, that's not what I'm talking about.

Imagine if the Tellius games got fully remade, except this time there's an Avatar character that is the ACTUAL main character. All the things Ike, Micaiah, Elincia and every single important character did get retconned in favor of this Avatar character. The Avatar makes every strategic decision, lands the final hit on Ashera, can sing the galdr of release, all of that. He/She can even marry any character and everyone worships the hell out of him/her.

You got that pictured? Good. Because that's EXACTLY what IntSys did when they made FE12, just with the Archanea universe and Marth.

Well, technically the FE12 Avatar didn't/couldn't really marry anyone but that's besides the point (even though it seemed like every girl fell for him, and quite a few guys couldn't seem to resist the Female MU either). It just further fuels my headcanon that FE3 and FE12 take place in similar, but alternate universes (in addition to the assassin's subplot and certain characters being recruitable even when they weren't recruitable in FE3)

I imagine the various continents of Fire emblem all being a different type of medieval.

Achanea has many Greek inspired names, the interior castle background in battles seem to be marble halls and in some artwork in Shadow dragon you see some white pillars pop up. This leads me to believe Achanea has some classical influences. An early artwork of Marth also looks kinda Greek https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qV1XgLQnlD4/VvVysse5mYI/AAAAAAAACmE/grC32ORZ7oIvbK_q5Lj-Poi81c9hfva3w/s1600/fma.png

Jugdral has many norse names, took place centuries before Marth's time and it seems to be the most decentralized of all the continents. This makes me see it as a more earlier form of medieval. Bit like Charlemagne's days perhaps?

Elibi seems typically Arthurian. Not only does it have a lot of those names(though also some Mediterranean ones) but the set up of Lycia seems to be that of minor knights owning just their castle and the countryside around it.

Tellius strikes me as late medieval. Its probably just the better graphics but the castles seem bigger, the walls thicker and the plate armor more advanced. A quick crash course in Art I had to take also tells me some rooms you see in the game would be hard to pull off for an early medieval world. The countries in Tellius seem more advanced to, acting more like states would.

Does he have Ragnell though? He has a gold sword called Ragnell but I recall Ike's Ragnell having infinite uses and shooting a shockwave instead of being a boomerang. And even if it is the bona fide Ragnell him having it isn't proof of anything since anyone can use it and anyone can have it. He could have raided Ike's tomb for all we know. My point is, if Ike happened to have decendants beyond two generations, then a thousand years or however long Awakening takes place afterwards for him to be considered a legend, pretty much everyone in the world would be a decendant of Ike. That's the way genetics works. Priam is bound to have cousins, uncles, great grand nephew's twice removed working in as apeasent in the field who's just as much Ike's decendant. He's also going to have genetics for literally hundreds of other people in the great, great, great, great ~whatever range he's removed from Ike. The only way Priam's claim makes any sense is if he's a direct decendant of some incarnation of Ike from the Outrealms, though that still wouldn't connect him to the specific Ike of Awakening's lore. A more satisfactory explanation for me is that he's someone who's chosen to take up the legacy of Ike, his fighting style and ideals so to speak. A spiritual decendant so to speak. Like the way a lot of conquers in our world styled themsleves as the second coming of Alexander the Great.

Edited by Jotari

Ragnell lost its blessing overtime, this is a known thing. :/

I mean, the BK lost his blessing as well, it just got lost quicker because it wasn't as strong a blessing. And Ike DID leave Tellius, so it's possible that he found the Outrealm Gate.

But I ask again, why would Priam being Ike's descendant be such a problem? Why is this such a terrible idea? And it's still just as possible that he IS his descendant.