Are the children in Conquest worth it?

DragonFlames

Hey, everyone! DragonFlames here with another possibly stupid question!

I just finished playing through Birthright and am now planning on doing a no-grind (no Boo Camp) Conquest run and I just wanted to know if the child characters on this route are worth gunning for or if I can make do with the units you get during the main game.

I ask this because in my Birthright run, even with grinding, the only children I ever used were Selkie, Kana and sometimes Midori and/or Sophie. I did get everyone (except for Hayato's kid, because **** that little brat), but I didn't bother with them after promoting them once, because I found the characters I already had were better at that point.

Another question, relating to this one is this:

I heard quite a few times that Velouria is a god-like unit and also a child character. If I want to get her, who would you suggest to be her mother to ensure the best Velouria?

Thanks in advance!

Even if you don't use the children, doing their paralogues is still worth for the experience.

Plus, Percy's paralogue can get you a lot of money.

Also, great mothers for Velouria are Camilla and Effie

Edited by Water Mage

Like mentioned before getting the paralogues, just for the XP is good. You can also grind supports on castle battles, even though you don't get XP.

Generally, Corrin is the best mother for everybody, then Azura. For Velouria, Charlotte is nice if you want straight physical, although anybody who isn't Elise or Nyx will work out just fine.

Ophelia is a goddess js.

That's Odin's daughter, right?

Like mentioned before getting the paralogues, just for the XP is good. You can also grind supports on castle battles, even though you don't get XP.

Generally, Corrin is the best mother for everybody, then Azura. For Velouria, Charlotte is nice if you want straight physical, although anybody who isn't Elise or Nyx will work out just fine.

You have a point with the XP. I'll at least try to get some paralogues unlocked throughout the playthrough.

Even if you don't use the children, doing their paralogues is still worth for the experience.

Plus, Percy's paralogue can get you a lot of money.

Also, great mothers for Velouria are Camilla and Effie

Camilla and Effie, got it. Any recommendations on who is better? Or are both equally okay?

From what I can gather, you guys suggest getting at least Percy, Velouria and Ophelia, right?

Yes, Ophelia is Odin's daughter.

I always use Velouria, she is a useful unit in any game.

I've also found Forrest to be useful myself; he ended up with higher magic than Nyx for me, and he doubles as my main healer.

Camilla and Effie, got it. Any recommendations on who is better? Or are both equally okay?

Depends really.

However, Effie is great with Arthur, and Camilla is a great mother to any physical child.

The fact that Effie and Arthur's supports points grow faster with each other than with other units, which makes getting Percy early quite easy.

Edited by Water Mage

Depends really.

However, Effie is great with Arthur, and Camilla is a great mother to any physical child.

The fact that Effie and Arthur's supports points grow faster with each other than with other units, which makes getting Percy early quite easy.

With a 25% growth rate, Camilla's a decent mother for magical units as well, since she won't tank their Magic growth rate completely, like any mother who isn't Elise or Nyx. Camilla's growths are pretty respectable across the board. She's a good mom for just about anybody.

Any suggestions on who to marry the Avatar (both male and female) to? I think I'll usually use the Yato for attacking and the Dragon Stone only when I need to lure out / weaken enemies, so I will probably go for a more skill or speed oriented build.

Also: Thanks for all the suggestions! You guys are awesome!

Edited by DragonFlames

Access to Vantage + Vengeance just from her father can attest to that.

Personally, I don't think Vantage/Vengeance is all that great in this game thanks to lower stats in general, especially HP.

Any suggestions on who to marry the Avatar (both male and female) to? I think I'll usually use the Yato for attacking and the Dragon Stone only when I need to lure out / weaken enemies, so I will probably go for a more skill or speed oriented build.

Also: Thanks for all the suggestions! You guys are awesome!

Usually, the best husband/wife for the Corrin are Jakob/Felicia due to their personal skills.

However, Felica might be better off with Leo, since appreciates the speed boost that Felicia's support gives him.

That being said, Corrin's best spouse depends on what kind of Corrin you have.

What are your Corrin's boon and bane? And what is their secondary class?

Are planning on a magical or physical build?

With a 25% growth rate, Camilla's a decent mother for magical units as well, since she won't tank their Magic growth rate completely, like any mother who isn't Elise or Nyx. Camilla's growths are pretty respectable across the board. She's a good mom for just about anybody.

Totally forgot about her magic growth!

But damn, Camilla might be the game's best mother.

Is there anything bad about Camilla gameplay wise? She's seems to be Fates's best unit.

Edited by Water Mage

But damn, Camilla might be the game's best mother.

Is there anything bad about Camilla gameplay wise? She's seems to be Fates's best unit.

about all I can think of is that her luck growth is a little... poor compared to everything else. plus i shrugged her off as a standard pre-promoted unit in my first playthrough when that really isn't the case.

Ophelia and Velouria are basically impossible to screw over. In my Conquest run Ophelia's mother is Selena (from what I've heard, her worst mother statwise) and she still rocks everything.

So long as you're able to do them before Chapter 19 you shouldn't have too much trouble. The Paralogues are generally much easier than Conquest's main game because the enemies don't all have ridiculous skills.

about all I can think of is that her luck growth is a little... poor compared to everything else. plus i shrugged her off as a standard pre-promoted unit in my first playthrough when that really isn't the case.

worth noting that camilla has lower internal level than other promoted units.

her luck stat isn't that great I agree, fortunately goddess icon can patch that since it provides double the bonus of most other permanent stat boosters.

I agree that Velouria, Ophelia, Percy, and Forrest are typically worth getting.

Velouria usually just turns out really strong with a whole lot of bulk. Having a physical unit that can't get screwed by those Weapons Master pricks with Swordcatcher/Pike-Ruin Club/Axesplitter really came in handy for me in chapter 23.

Ophelia usually just seems to have a killer magic stat. She's flexible and competent with any mother, really.

Percy can make for an awesome support unit with access to some great rally skills and the ability ward off crits, but he's also always made a great combat unit for me as well. His res and magic are the only two stats on him that I'd say are truly bad. He was irreplaceable in my Conquest Hard/Classic run.

Forrest is like a second Elise who's a bit slower, but with a bit more bulk. His magic stat is godly.

Nina can be good, too, with a Shining bow, if you ask me. I made Elise her mother and she's been a total mage killer since the day she was born. Literally.

Personally, I don't think Vantage/Vengeance is all that great in this game thanks to lower stats in general, especially HP.

Its not Vantage Vengeance. Its just Vantage interaction with Pair Up system for the most part

Vengeance is legit a hot garbage this time around

I'm planning to pair Keaton with Beruka, would they go together?

It hurts Velouria's Str and Spd a bit, but it makes her very tanky.

That being said, Beruka is usually better with Benny.

Beruka x Kaze is pretty much THE go to pairing really.

Anyway for Corrin the pairing that is optimal is pretty much something like Odin for pure inheritance, Arthur and Silas for Physical set up, and Felicia, Leo or Nyx for Magical set up

If you married Felicia and Jakob its really to abuse their ability to get level 15 skills for them to use or pass off. Kanna is generally speaking a pretty garbage unit, but with early x/15 its quite an advantage

Seriously Kanna is so bad, marrying Gunter isn't really a disadvantage as it seems to be. Granted Gunter route is extremely easy to implement to your gameplay regardless since you only need only 3 chapter to unlock level 3 pair up.

Edited by JSND

You need all the grinding you can get in Conquest so doing the paralogues will help you.

As for the children themselves, Ophelia is definitely the best magic user you can have in CQ (yes, in my experience she's always better than Leo, fight me) and there are a few others that can turn out pretty good depending on their parents.

You need all the grinding you can get in Conquest so doing the paralogues will help you.

As for the children themselves, Ophelia is definitely the best magic user you can have in CQ (yes, in my experience she's always better than Leo, fight me) and there are a few others that can turn out pretty good depending on their parents.

Actually, I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that Ophelia is a better mage than Leo, the difference between the two is that Leo can actually take hit.

And Leo is CQ best first gen mage. But Ophelia and Forrest may outclass him.

Saying Ophelia is better than Leo is quite a hard statement since the most optimal Leo requires Ophelia to exist lol

personally i prefer Felicia as my magical face stomper, but she requires tons of set up

Edited by JSND