Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is coming out so usually I would do research about it before hand avoiding spoilers. So this thread will be semi-spolier free. What I would like to go over is the song "Reincarnation" sung by Yoshino Nanjo or Kurono Kiria in game. This song is very catchy and many people enjoy to hear it. The lyrics on the other hand are very dark and unsettling. It may refer to the Mirages in the game and how they make every depressed. Post your thoughts below.

The translated lyrics are (According to Nintendo Insider):

I’m breaking down,

All the walls I’ve built up around my lonely heart now,
You’re the one that takes it all away,
My solitude, and all my pain,
Reincarnation,
Realization,
Reincarnation,

I want to disappear,
I walk alone through the city of lights,
I see the same fake smiles every night,
Cause everybody hides…
They run and they hide from their real feelings,
And everyone’s got their stresses too, yeah I know,
But I already get that’s the status quo,

I’m breaking down,
All the masks that I wear to hide my lonely heart now,
But what if I’m just lying to myself?
If even now, you still want me when I am hurt,
Wandering lost in the rain,

Then at least help me destroy it all,
My solitude, and all my pain,
Reincarnation,
Realization,
Reincarnation,
I want to be reborn.

Link to Source: http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2016/05/new-tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-music-videos-reveal-english-lyrics/

885x.jpg

I think I just found my new favorite song for when my Type one diabetes is kicking my ass, this song is getting me really hyped for the game can't wait!

That's pretty angsty. . .

I hope they do more translations, because I'd love to see what's said about Black Rain!

The fan translations we got form the first trailer had it read even moreso.

It's certainly interesting, nonetheless.

If these are the actual official lyrics, they are pretty close in tone to the fan translation I've seen when the song was first shown. It is very "Kiria-like", and I look forward seeing the lyrics for all the songs, some of them seem really personal so it'll be interesting.

Time to listen to some TMS:FE songs until release then. I generally don't listen to J-pop aside from anime openings but hey, let's not be negative.

The characters' songs are pretty varied in style, between different characters, but also between songs from the same person (Reincarnation and 迷路 Meiro, using Kiria as an example), so I don't think classifying everything as just "J-pop" is going to be very useful. If you are curious, the complete Vocal Collection is not longer available on youtube, but still up here (fair warning, the last 2 could be considered spoilers).

Edited by Avk

Time to listen to some TMS:FE songs until release then. I generally don't listen to J-pop aside from anime openings but hey, let's not be negative.

Reincarnation is a good song in terms of melody/beat/singer. I have no idea how else to interpret the lyrics other than "NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME!!!"

[spoiler=Accurate]1380183046013.jpg

This is Black Onslaught levels of angst vocally.

Still a good song in terms of beat and rhythm and the singer is pretty good. I'm really glad now that they're not going to get english voice acting for this (They did say they weren't going to do that right? I remember reading it somewhere).

Edited by Soapbar

[spoiler=Accurate]1380183046013.jpg

This is Black Onslaught levels of angst vocally.

Still a good song in terms of beat and rhythm and the singer is pretty good. I'm really glad now that they're not going to get english voice acting for this (They did say they weren't going to do that right? I remember reading it somewhere).

Wait... Black Onslaught has understandable vocals and isn't just a bunch of screamo monster noises?

And it was mentioned last E3 that it was "hard to find English voice actors that can also sing".

Wait... Black Onslaught has understandable vocals and isn't just a bunch of screamo monster noises?

And it was mentioned last E3 that it was "hard to find English voice actors that can also sing".

Yes, so it's understandable they kept the Japanese dub. IIRC, it's quite common for Japanese VAs to sing as well for character theme songs or openings/endings. Not so much here in the West.